Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to listen to HLN special on the long drive home from the doctor. Gee, it did sound like our same rehashing here — so patting we armchair detectives on the back.

Most significant for me — the experts view that suspect in sketch has a disproportionately long chin. Otherwise, his features are sort of generic, but the chin differentiates.

Let this week be the week!!

Is there a forensic tool that can analyze and match voices? For example, if a suspect had quite a few videos uploaded to the internet, could those be analyzed against BG?
Not sure I can answer but going to try. I know they've used VOICE ANAYLYSTS in trials many times just like they've used HANDWRITING analysts.

JSM : Certified Death Investigstor and Professor “wonders if the FBI has assigned linguist” to detect the accent now that they have a larger sample and thinks this could go a long way to getting this solved.

That doesn’t make much sense to me. They’ve had the larger sample all along—just didn’t want to show it to the public. (Unless that ‘guys’ is the result of two years cleaning-up? I doubt it.)

Also, how much help will it be to say: “it’s the local accent.”

Why be so blase about the two year anniversary press conference and then WHAMO special press conference called and sorry folks....BOOM, CHANGE OF DIRECTION! Something HAPPENED to make that happen. SOMETHING specific. How can anyone NOT believe they found something that could wrap this all up????
Yeah, something had to have changed. I don’t see any other plausible reason for this.

It’s bold, it’s dangerous, and it’s purposeful.

The harm would be irreparable, and you don’t take that risk unless you have something incredibly compelling.

You have to be absolutely confident in this.

There is no going back.

Why be so blase about the two year anniversary press conference and then WHAMO special press conference called and sorry folks....BOOM, CHANGE OF DIRECTION! Something HAPPENED to make that happen. SOMETHING specific. How can anyone NOT believe they found something that could wrap this all up????

Well I believe just the opposite. My take is that what they thought they knew was proved wrong. They had to have a PC to show new image and withdraw old one. Nothing tells me they know who, or are closer. But always...jmo.

Exactly! If I were BG, I'd be trying very hard to get out of Delphi / Indiana / the US and somehow get into a country that does not extradite to the US. MOO.

Let's see if in two weeks someone sends their son to study aboard or on a missionary trip after school/college summer vacation is in session. Anyone fitting the description suddenly takes off, doesn't return, acting weird I'd look for.

They definitely care more about this than any other network.

HLN has been impressive with their coverage and interviews.

HLN Susan Hendricks (Susan Hendricks (@SusanHendricks) | Twitter) has been to Delphi and personally interviewed the family members of Libby and Abby.

Older reports and interviews on this case are on her twitter (above-mentioned).

She is extraordinary in how she compassionately contributes to this case.

One lady saying use of ““Guys” suggests a younger suspect” and JSM nods in agreement (I disagree that this is indicative of this, moo). She sad someone in their 20s is lore likely to use this phrase. Or maybe he even knows them you never know and that’s why he said “guys”. Again disagree, moo.

Agree. MOO he is saying "Guys"
in a pay attention kind if way.
And to me there seems to me there an immature kind of joke going on, as in "look I am pointing a gun at you."

One lady saying use of ““Guys” suggests a younger suspect” and JSM nods in agreement (I disagree that this is indicative of this, moo). She sad someone in their 20s is lore likely to use this phrase. Or maybe he even knows them you never know and that’s why he said “guys”. Again disagree, moo.

I agree with you, disagree with them on the “usage of ‘guys’” issue.

HLN, coming back in after the break at 12:18 with Carter’s statement “For more than 2 years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, but we have. We likely have interviewed you, or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know, and one day you will.”

(I think I have this stuff memorized by now)

Last edited:
Yea, the word..Guys.... has been used since the 60's. Maybe before that. Family members tend to use the same phrases, so I would think this is common in this mans family. But using that as an identifier would be Impossible. To many people use it.

One very interesting thing on the HNL discussion panel was the mention of the development of unconscious fantasies and their relationship to the target choice. The target needs to fit the fantasy. The fantasy was probably there for a long time since childhood, she says, and something overwhelmed the suspect to act on it in a violent/criminal manner. I completely agree with this. The MO of the suspect relates to his fantasy. MOO: revenge... how would you like it? ...how do you like me now?

I’m worried too that the killer may strike his own family, especially if he’s suicidal. I just have this feeling that part of his motive was to take revenge on his family, and bring shame to them. I think instead of addressing the the killer about his conscience (he has none) a statement should have been made to the killer’s family along the lines of “you know that he’s had troubles in the past, you thought you could help him but you never fathomed that he was capable of this. But now you know that he is and you can’t control him. By not coming forward you’re putting your own life and your other loved ones in danger.”

Hi all.

Been catching up since the 2nd anniversary in Feb brought this case to my attention. The Press Conf then occured.

Could I just share a few random thoughts as someone who has crammed it all in one period of time? Apologies for those who have heard it all before. All MOO

The new audio, I actually hear 'Hey Guys.....' ( I heard it before then watching Gray Hughes' stabilised Bridge vid on youtube , in which he suggests hearing the same) .

With or without the 'Hey'...I hear it intonally more as a calm attention opener rather than a greeting or opening gambit.
So more as in 'Hey,Guys (check out this..(( shows gun??)) rather than a 'Hey Guys ( Hi, How ya doing..))

Audio of girls responses then scrambled ... then a still calm ,authorative instuctive 'Down the hill'.

I'm very much in the 'disguise' camp. Certainly with clothing and bulk. Obviously worked to some degree but mustve looked odd enough for Libby to record.

Am concerned that mistakes were made at the recent Press Conf ( if not delib mistakes for reasons beyond my understanding). Enough to need official clarification. The vehicle/building abandonment issue is poor writing/delivery ,but the date mix up of Noon - 5pm on the 13th (not the 14th as spoken) is so fundamental as to be gobsmacking. ( also the drop in age range to 18-40 then reading 20s-30s next day)

I feel the involvement of Religion in the background of perp(s) and in the acts surrounding the crime scene/killings,is central rather than just standard locally ingrained ways. Deliberate and blatant use by LE in Press Conf. Also...
Announcement of Press Conf made on Good Friday, waited all over Easter Wkend/Sunday, held on Easter Monday. Unusual.

References to 'The Shack' film and book. A 'Christian Film' with many relevances.

Other general appeals to traits of 'Christian goodness'...conscience....etc

Rumours/local hearsay of a posed sacrificial element to bodies

V much agree with earlier posts that the LE reference to them thinking the perp having 'told someone' could be in a formal confessional sense?! Was it addressed to not only the perp but also the person who may have taken some kind of confession ( is confession even relevant to any of the denominations locally?!) ( confession is classed as a form of cleansing I believe?)

Im even wondering if it was planned to cross the creek to the body site as some kind of symbolic cleansing procedure/ ritual cleansing before whatever acts and staging took place (if any)?! ( but I know it's v left field)
I wasnt going to add that point until I read a couple of posts regarding the use of Deer Creek for Baptisms by DUMC.

I found these to be very interesting ( Thanks @Stella8)
Virtually a Detective, Case 101: DELPHI |
(The Sheriff in ep7 when the CS is mentioned is possibly the most uncomfortable Ive seen anyone in the case)
Also, ep2 has Mrs Patty discussing DG encountering the guy around the trailhead that has been mentioned in more recent posts ( she seems to dismiss poss perp due to age, although does clarify by intonation that the guy when he says he's not seen Girls where he is with DG '......but there's a couple under the bridge' was a couple of girls not man/wife) All eps def worth a watch imho ( range in duration from 5 - 20mins (much shorter than this blessed post! ;) )

Sorry for long post. Will go back to 'Lurk and Learn'.

I'm on the same train of thought with you...the location of the creek has significance to the killer. Familiarity, religious significance. Maybe the killer was molested or assaulted there as a kid?

I’m worried too that the killer may strike his own family, especially if he’s suicidal. I just have this feeling that part of his motive was to take revenge on his family, and bring shame to them. I think instead of addressing the the killer about his conscience (he has none) a statement should have been made to the killer’s family along the lines of “you know that he’s had troubles in the past, you thought you could help him but you never fathomed that he was capable of this. But now you know that he is, and by not coming forward you’re putting your own life and your other loved ones in danger.”
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member