Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just not wasting my time anymore.

Guy is dead, in jail or somewhere on the other side of America.

Do we know the girls went 'Down the Hill' as seemingly instructed on audio?

Although, granted, it seems the most glaringly obvious continuation of events following the end of the released audio, has anyone considered a scenario where the girls ( 1 or both) didn't take that action, or didn't take that action immediately? ( only asking after the 'LE say online recreations are all incorrect 'posts)

Right. But there was an official search going on. For all they knew, they were hurt or lost. I'm assuming a search is a search. Unless we're talking about 2 different things and not realizing it.
Not really. If they thought the girls had fallen,gotten lost or hurt it would be a loser search calling out assuming that the girls would respond in some way either by yelling back or even banging rocks or something. To look for bodies they would grind search with searchers only a few feet from each other to cover every inch.

Stirring the pot, as the panel said yesterday, attempting to “invoke”. (I think that was the word, ow my head..they did say “poke” too I think...)

Dangerous game, imo. Agitating him. Risky.

I would tend to agree with you if I felt this guy was an experienced serial killer

I don’t feel he is and I don’t think LE does either

I tend to like the approach I think he’s nervous as hell, but I don’t think he’ll commit another murder anytime soon

I think he feels the heat and I love that they are applying it

They got this, this ain’t their first rodeo

Last edited:
There is no doubt in my mind that the killer intended to kill that day. I believe he was prepared and I believe he went there intentionally to kill.

There is no doubt in my mind that the girls were not previously targeted. Unfortunately, they were there, he was there, and it was an opportunity for him and he took it.

I agree that he is a disorganized killer. For all his planning (of which I believe there was a lot of), it was a mess. He was seen, videoed, recorded, and the girls were found quickly. He left the phone, and according to LE there is DNA. Messy and disorganized.

I do not believe he had killed before. I think he's young. I think this is his first. That's why they can't match up his DNA. So far he's been lucky but his luck is running out. He may have done other things but I don't think he got caught at whatever else he was up to. I think it was petty stuff, but when they do catch him, we're going to hear about stuff - you just know we will.

I believe he will kill again. He thinks he got away with it. Somehow he's kept his urges under wraps for the past two years, but it won't last. He will kill again and he will have learned from Abby and Libby's murder. He will evolve and eventually devolve if this goes on for a while longer.

The pressure is ratcheting up. I think LE are moving in on all sides. His days are numbered.

All MOO.

I agree with everything you’ve written. And the reason he hasn’t killed again may very well be due to the focus that’s been consistently maintained on this case. The “power” that Carter spoke to, the connection, does he get his kicks off the ongoing notoriety, his voice, his photo, all the media and internet attention - which in turn enables him to imagine his despicable actions over and over. This is the main reason I’m very glad LE has never mentioned SA, even if it did occur. I agree, the pressure is on.

I suspect a lot of that emotion had to be scripted to try to get a rise out of the killer. I don’t read more into than that. LE and locals certainly have good reason to be angry and emotional, stressed and upset.

I agree. We had our annual festival this past weekend and I was thinking about this case as I watched our LE walking around. Delphi is a lot like where I live. I'm not surprised that LE is stressed and emotional. Their town was flung into the national spotlight and they've gone for 2 years without arresting this nutjob. If it were our LE, they'd be pissed. It's their job to protect the town, and most LE officers take that job seriously. They have families, too, and I'm sure they've put themselves in their posistion.

I don't necessarily read into the family's reaction at the presser nor LE's. I also don't think that the murders had to be unique in nature or particularly brutal to illicit these reactions from LE. Two little girls were killed in broad daylight in public. That right there is already pretty much as bad as things can possibly get.

I have no more intentions on helping the sheriff and this case. I get the side by side pictures comment but they pretty much **** on sites like this by calling out sleuths like most are just wasting time and causing havoc.

If you did offer help, it would be for the victims, not the police.

That being said, the police dont want investigative tips, they want tips regarding what you know about the attacker or the crime, or anything related to it.

I hope that no one gives up hope here. I came to this site for help in an investigation and everyone here with no exception was spot on correct and gave me much hope to keep looking. It was uncanny, the amount of correct insight such a caring group of people had.

I hope that no one gives up hope here. I came to this site for help in an investigation and everyone here with no exception was spot on correct and gave me much hope to keep looking. It was uncanny, the amount of correct insight such a caring group of people had.

Keep those positive vibes going Wild Rose :)

I have no more intentions on helping the sheriff and this case. I get the side by side pictures comment but they pretty much **** on sites like this by calling out sleuths like most are just wasting time and causing havoc.

Do you believe that, up until now, you've been assisting LE with gathering evidence for this case?

IMO the best thing for strangers like us, who have no real ties to the case, is to share the heck out of the sketch and to keep sharing it so that people don't forget. We're not going to solve the case for LE, but we can make sure that the girls' story continues to play a big part in the media. That's one of the things that keeps a case from becoming cold. The minute people lose interest, the more difficult it becomes.

Thank you, and the sincere nice words, will get you a bite off the last chocolate covered donut, left over from this morning...LOL !...moo

This case is eerily similar to the cold case of Elizabeth J. Collins and Lyric R. Cook in Iowa. The lake is 6.5 hour drive to Delphi. I wonder if there is a connection between the two cases, both near water and wilderness.

Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins

LE addressed this at one point and said there isn't a connection that they're aware of. I don't know about now. We've talked a lot about this in the past, but I couldn't direct you to those posts. They're scattered across the other 95 threads.

LE addressed this at one point and said there isn't a connection that they're aware of. I don't know about now. We've talked a lot about this in the past, but I couldn't direct you to those posts. They're scattered across the other 95 threads.
I wouldn't discount the possibility because obviously LE has no concrete facts to discount it. They have gotten nowhere so far. Interestingly, in both cases, LE came down to a THEORY of a local person, the language used is strikingly similar as well.

I wouldn't discount the possibility because obviously LE has no concrete facts to discount it. They have gotten nowhere so far. Interestingly, in both cases, LE came down to a THEORY of a local person, the language used is strikingly similar as well.

They may very well have concrete facts to discount it. We don't know everything that they have of either case.

They may very well have concrete facts to discount it. We don't know everything that they have of either case.
Surely I hope they have more in the sleeves. But years past and no real progress ... doesn't give people confidence. That seems to be the only solid fact so far, ironically. Sorry to be negative, but fingers crossed for real quick progress before the next tragedy.

When I heard the audio, the scratched noise was so, so familiar. I used to be in an abusive relationship and I would often keep my phone in my pocket on record to record my abuser’s threats and tirades. The sound (IMO) sounds exactly like what my recordings sounded like when they were muffled in my pocket. It doesn’t take a lot, maybe just the microphone/speaker lightly making contact with the fabric to sound super loud. Those microphones are super sensitive.

Like another poster in another thread (sorry I can’t seem to find it!) suggested, I would encourage those who are still on the fence over what the noise is, to put your phone in your pocket or shirt on record (I used the voice memo feature on an iPhone) and move around a bit. I think you’ll find these noises are very similar to that of the “down the hill” recording.

I think I've been looking at things differently from most here for a couple of reasons. First, I tried walking with my phone in my pocket shortly after the first audio was released, and it sounded exactly like the background noise on it. Because of the pattern of the noise, I got the impression that they were walking at an average rate of speed and not running to get away at that time. I've also always thought that BG looked more like the "new" sketch than the one we were using. The quick sketches I did back in '17 weren't that different from what we have now. I'm not sure if they're still in the image discussion thread or not. I also still have some I did of him with no facial hair, but the length of his chin was shorter (probably because he was looking down a bit in the video.)

I've also never believed they went through the creek to get to where they were found. I'm probably the only one who does, but I believe they crossed back over the bridge and went there from that side. I also believe he may have had some of his things waiting there for him, and I definitely believe he picked out that exact spot ahead of time. From there, they would be pretty well hidden from all directions. From the bridge, all of the trees and scrub would block the view, from the cemetery, RL's place, the road and the trail, they were below the line of vision. If he is familiar with the area, he probably knows that there is seldom, if ever, traffic on the road that goes below the bridge at that time of year, and people seldom go to the area across the creek from where they were because the trail ends at the beginning of the bridge.

I'm still basing my theories mainly on these facts, but I'm doubtful that I'll ever figure out exactly what happened - and close to positive that I'll never figure out who he is. I may not be very helpful in the case, but it keeps me out of trouble! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member