Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that stands out to me about LE asking for the family to be left alone for two weeks is they first said the family wanted it. The family then spoke up and asked that it be corrected. They never asked for the two weeks, LE did.

I'm wondering how long after Libby's video they were attacked. Did they leave the bridge and walk quickly off thinking they could get to a safe place near Deer Creek? Or did he take control of them on the bridge? As they were found 1km away, I'm wondering if they themselves ran off in that direction or were forced to walk that far.

The only thing that stands out to me about LE asking for the family to be left alone for two weeks is they first said the family wanted it. The family then spoke up and asked that it be corrected. They never asked for the two weeks, LE did.
Well that is rather interesting. I'm not quite sure what to make of that....

I wake up in the middle of the night and check this thread to see if there is an arrest....I check first thing when I wake up....when I get home from work....I'm obsessed!
I truly expect there to be an arrest very soon.

Me too I check as soon as I wake up and throughout the day. I take my iPad everywhere now just in case of an arrest. We are all hopeful of an arrest soon but I’m in it for the long haul if that is what it takes. It would be fantastic to get an arrest in 2019.

Thank you for the new thread Tricia and the moderators and to all of you for keeping it open and posting it is much appreciated.

I had not heard that. I thought it was requested by Carter from the start not to question the families.
Is there an article that states otherwise?

Me too I check as soon as I wake up and throughout the day. I take my iPad everywhere now just in case of an arrest. We are all hopeful of an arrest soon but I’m in it for the long haul if that is what it takes. It would be fantastic to get an arrest in 2019.

Thank you for the new thread Tricia and the moderators and to all of you for keeping it open and posting it is much appreciated.
I'm the same.

The whole world is looking for this guy and nobody can find him. It's crazy.

I won't be able to sleep at night until they do. It's terrifying.

I think LE and the FBI have came up with a strategy to try and rattle his cage and put the pressure on him and anyone he has told. They likely want to follow what they have decided in terms of interaction with the media and the public. They may feel the family speaking out about the case developments with the media would make implementation of the strategy more difficult. It is going to be very interesting to see what happens.

My husband just said, “that sounds like you”! I can’t deny it.

I had not heard that. I thought it was requested by Carter from the start not to question the families.
Is there an article that states otherwise?

Hopefully someone can come up with the link, it was either tweeted by a media member or msm article. But I also absolutely remember reading it. Just can’t for the life of me remember whereAnd just moo since I have no link to prove it

This is what Carter said at the press conference: "The family. I hope that you all will give them some time because we're going to be asking that there's no media inquiry or no media response for at least the next two weeks and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this about this information this morning."

Is this just some semantic confusion - Carter inferring the family might want some space and someone took that to mean the family asked for it?

Hopefully someone can come up with the link, it was either tweeted by a media member or msm article. But I also absolutely remember reading it. Just can’t for the life of me remember whereAnd just moo since I have no link to prove it

I think I found it. Rich Nye on Twitter

From Rich Nye at WTHR

"Room is full in #Delphi for @IndStatePolice news conference on “new direction” in the investigation of the murders of Abby Williams & Libby German. Police have asked family not to talk to media for a couple weeks after this briefing. 12:03 pm live on #WTHR & app."

It was stated somewhere that HLN had an interview scheduled with them immediately after the PC but after Carter said no questions it had to be cancelled. They were not expecting it.

From Rich Nye at WTHR

"Room is full in #Delphi for @IndStatePolice news conference on “new direction” in the investigation of the murders of Abby Williams & Libby German. Police have asked family not to talk to media for a couple weeks after this briefing. 12:03 pm live on #WTHR & app."

Yep thats the one I saw I was following it during the press conference. thx @mekeritrig

I found the reporter who said it via Twitter. Here’s the tweet and link:

“That ISP request, Capt. Bursten says, was extended for two weeks to let whatever is released to digest and so ISP can chase the leads.

Family asked Bursten to make it clear that this was ISP's request, not something the families asked for.”

Dave Bangert on Twitter

From Rich Nye at WTHR

I don't see how that could be interpreted as LE stating the family wanted or requested it, then the family asking for it to be corrected. Jmo

I have to say I have been so pumped up by the PC and so sure they have someone in the crosshairs but today I suddenly had that sinking feeling that maybe they don't. What is going to be the reaction when next Monday comes and there is no arrest. I am concerned about doubt being cast on LE. Did the whole 2 week thing get blown out of proportion?

Like I stated earlier I would not be surprised if LE has given the families a script to somewhat go off of when they talk to media in the next week or so that plays to their strategy. But thats just a wild guess on my part to try to explain the two weeks.

Or It could be as simple that they want to control the narrative themselves and see what shakes out for a couple weeks here while giving the families time to digest what they were told.

just my speculation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members