Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just something to consider, former Carroll County Prosecutor Robert Ives said he would Come back in a heartbeat if this case or the flora fire case got to a point of having prosecutorial evidence.

He’s back in the prosecutors office and I’m convinced it’s for a specific reason.

While he’s not an investigator, it would not surprise me if he had been consulted about what more they need to make a case.

Justice is coming , and it’s going to be sooner than many think

Jmo

Interesting! I didn’t know he said that.

I don’t think he would have even been consulted on things like that

A prosecutor is there to prosecute not to investigate

Generally prosecutors don’t come into play until there is strong evidence and Investigators want their opinion on how strong a case they have. Or and how much evidence they still need to collect

I think just a new sketch would not be reason to return to the office

But that’s just my opinion

That's not necessarily true. Prosecutors can be involved all the way from the initial crime scene analysis through the final conviction in homicide cases. Its really up to the police department how much access and influence they want the prosecutor to have prior to an arrest. Some prosecutors show up at the crime scene for a homicide while others don't get involved until much later in the process, depends on the jurisdiction.

The only link I can find about the former DA coming out of retirement is a post on Reddit. Is this fact?

edit to clarify.

I know he said he WOULD come out of retirement...but HAS he?

Someone posted a court link in a past threads, that’s where I got the April 1oth from. I’ll link it here

Last edited:
Hello, everyone! Long time lurker. An obsession with the Job Benet Ramsey case years ago opened up an interest in True Crime, behavioral patterns, statement analysis, etc. This is one of many cases that I hold close to my heart in the hopes that it will be solved. I've been with you since around thread 35. I wanted to let everyone know that Part II of the Best Case Worst Case podcast has been posted today and it's a great one. It goes in to detail about the press conference and its purpose. After listening to this, the first thing that popped in to my mind was purpose of LE mentioning the car. The following is MOO.... but I believe someone recognized the car parked there that day as they were driving by. Due to whatever reason (stature in the community, being a friend or a loved one) they didn't think anything of it. Because the memory of seeing a familiar car is tied to such a memorable event, it won't easily be forgotten. IMO, LE is casting a net out to those who recognized the car to get them thinking about that person.

I'll probably go back to lurking. These threads move way too fast for me to read AND comment on!

The podcast is very good, recommend listening to it if you can. They are mainly discussing the press conference, said the whole thing was likely scripted by the behavior unit or profilers and designed to tell him it is over and make him uncomfortable. I guess that is what you all thought anyway.

Carroll County prosecutor to retire amidst high-profile investigations

"If we had enough evidence to file charges in either one of those cases, I would rescind my resignation and make a fool out of myself," he said. "But I would do that because I would want to be there from start to finish."

We may be reading too much into that. I think what he meant was when he put forward his early retirement notice early Nov, effective Dec 31/17, he would’ve rescinded it if something had occurred prior to the end of Dec 31/17. The role of prosecutor role has already long been filled so he can’t rescind his resignation now.

Thank you and thank you for delurking. You ought to participate more!
Hello, everyone! Long time lurker. An obsession with the Job Benet Ramsey case years ago opened up an interest in True Crime, behavioral patterns, statement analysis, etc. This is one of many cases that I hold close to my heart in the hopes that it will be solved. I've been with you since around thread 35. I wanted to let everyone know that Part II of the Best Case Worst Case podcast has been posted today and it's a great one. It goes in to detail about the press conference and its purpose. After listening to this, the first thing that popped in to my mind was purpose of LE mentioning the car. The following is MOO.... but I believe someone recognized the car parked there that day as they were driving by. Due to whatever reason (stature in the community, being a friend or a loved one) they didn't think anything of it. Because the memory of seeing a familiar car is tied to such a memorable event, it won't easily be forgotten. IMO, LE is casting a net out to those who recognized the car to get them thinking about that person.

I'll probably go back to lurking. These threads move way too fast for me to read AND comment on!

We may be reading too much into that. I think what he meant was when he put forward his early retirement notice early Nov, effective Dec 31/17, he would’ve rescinded it if something had occurred prior to the end of Dec 31/17. The role of prosecutor role has already long been filled so he can’t rescind his resignation now.

That’s a good point. and just to clarify according to court record posted in earlier threads he was actually sworn back in as deputy prosecutor.

APPOINTMENT OF DEPUTY PROSECUTING ATTORNEY - ROBERT T. IVES
04/10/2019
Oath Filed
Oath of Service filed.
Filed By: Ives, Robert T.
File Stamp: 04/10/2019
Case Search - MyCase

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Last edited:
That’s true and according to court record posted in earlier threads he was actually sworn back in as deputy prosecutor.

APPOINTMENT OF DEPUTY PROSECUTING ATTORNEY - ROBERT T. IVES
04/10/2019
Oath Filed
Oath of Service filed.
Filed By: Ives, Robert T.
File Stamp: 04/10/2019
Case Search - MyCase
Do they think they are going to be having a lot of action in Prosecutors office coming up that they need extra help? I sure as heck hope so and Today would be a great day to find out. Just hoping and IMHO

I'm optimistic they'll identify him soon. But, I wonder IF they'll be able to take him into custody or will he choose "suicide by cop", if he gets a chance.

moo

I think there's very little likelihood that BG will elect to go the "suicide by cop" route, and by very little likelihood, I mean, no chance whatsoever.

I agree with what @matt johnson expressed in an earlier post re: whether BG would opt for suicide over capture:

"Won’t kill himself, doing it for the notoriety and would prefer jail.
(This relates to my theory he is a ‘loser’ in life, not someone prominent.)"

That rings absolutely true to me.

JMO.

Last edited:
Do they think they are going to be having a lot of action in Prosecutors office coming up that they need extra help? I sure as heck hope so and Today would be a great day to find out. Just hoping and IMHO

Yah idk but it would be a heck of a coincidence imo.

I mean sure it could be as simple as they just need him to fill in for a while.

But I just think with the timing it does make me hopeful

Last edited:
That’s true and according to court record posted in earlier threads he was actually sworn back in as deputy prosecutor.

Yes, and it is possible he originally took early retirement because he had some sort of personal situation he wanted to deal with that later was resolved or decided to go back when the deputy position came open and retired life wasn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. Or maybe the prosecutors office indeed is hopeful charges are looming in the near future, could be any of those reasons.

I do remember a lot of high expectations the case was almost solved back then, prior to his early retirement notice, and so why he’d suddenly leave even before the end of his official appointment was quite disheartening, not a good sign at all. So I think he made the “rescind” comment to help sustain the high level of optimism at that time because once again it seemed the case might be solved “any day” (prior to Dec 31/17).

Last edited:
Yes, and it is possible he originally took early retirement because he had some sort of personal situation he wanted to deal with that later was resolved or decided to go back when the deputy position came open and retired life wasn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. Or maybe the prosecutors office indeed is hopeful charges are looming in the near future, could be any of those reasons.

I do remember a lot of high expectations the case was almost solved back then, prior to his early retirement notice, and so why he’d suddenly leave even before the end of his official appointment was quite disheartening. So I think he made the “rescind” comment to help sustain the high level of optimism at that time.

you are absolutely correct it could be a number of reasons......

I guess I should have said I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s connected

Jmo

I think there's very little likelihood that BG will elect to go the "suicide by cop" route, and by very little likelihood, I mean, no chance whatsoever.

I agree with what @matt johnson expressed in an earlier post re: whether BG would opt for suicide over capture:

"Won’t kill himself, doing it for the notoriety and would prefer jail."

That statement rings true to me.

JMO.

I agree with you final statement as well. Particularly if there is a religious connection for this individual. He may feel he has been absolved for his heinous act with God. ( again reference The Shack), but suicide; even by cop, would still be a huge sin that forgiveness could not be sought.
If not a religious connection, the narcissist in him would not allow.
Narcissist= large ego+small self-worth. The ego would want notoriety the cowardly self-worth would fear death.
All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member