Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question, and I don’t necessarily believe this to be the case here but IF the vehicle at the abandoned building was stolen, do you think LE would reveal this? (Perhaps they matched a stolen vehicle report against the witness description?) I was thinking they might not release that it was stolen IF this were the case because then everybody would want to know from where the car was stolen, sleuth the vehicle owner, etc and so maybe they don’t want that information out.

Last edited:
Joe and Patty Rockstahl in the Kelsey Berreth case. Just off the top of my head. They of course would deny that was the motivation, seeing they just wanted to do the right thing, EXCEPT they didn't. They knew a murder was in the making and they did absolutely nothing until a reward was offered and LE were going to find out they knew weeks in advance of poor KB's murder. There's one :)

You know, I think they didn't come forward initially for the risk of losing clients! KKL's family was known in the community. KKL's family would be angry with them, and plus, nothing gained personally for them. Now, coming forward as they did, they expected to get, 1) money, and 2) fame (TV exposure).

Is it just me or is this really weird? A sketch is done 3 days after the murders from a witness, but it isn't released. But hey, let's go with the one 5 months later because surely her recollection must be more accurate/reliable? Then two plus years on, LE are now absolutely certain the first sketch made is THE killer, but strangely, the sketch looks nothing like the BG Libby captured on her phone. Makes me go HMMMMM. JMO.

Well said.

HMMMMM is right.

Random question, and I don’t necessarily believe this to be the case here but IF the vehicle at the abandoned building was stolen, do you think LE would reveal this? (Perhaps they matched a stolen report?) I was thinking they might not release this IF this were the case because then everybody would want to know where the car was stolen from, sleuthing the vehicle owner, etc and so maybe they don’t want that information out.

Personally I think if that was the case word would have gotten out JMO

Wonder if this deviant had stalked Libby for a while. Maybe
pursued her romantically and she rejected him and he was
out to get her that day. ??? Abby was collateral damage to him.
Quite often these types do stalk and plan. I'm sure FBI
knows.
Again, maybe a clue to religion and Libby's church activities?
Wasn't Delphi United Methodist Church her family's church?
I hope they're zeroing in on this possible link.
I think the grandparents attend church but I haven't read anything about either girls having any involvement in any church or any religious activities.
I think there was some mention about what hobbies or activities they were involved in but I don't remember any that involved church. Imo

Here's the list of more details on ages that most serial killers
started killing. Again, by far, most started in their 20's.

Serial Killers - What Age Do They (Usually) Start Killing?

This is very interesting, thanks for posting.

Our Late Great @Foxfire used to say that in his opinion, some SKs begin to move out of fantasy into reality as young as 14 years old.

(ETA: lemme see if I can find that quote, I looove quoting Foxfire!:) I used to quote him a LOT in the earlier threads here...

“There’s a reason for the seasons..”
“There’s a reason he’s gotten away with it for so long..”
“Predator/hunter...”
“These killers know exactly how to find their prey (location reference re: to schools, etc, can’t remember quote exactly).

My thoughts this morning: It's neither here nor there because we have been told by LE that the sketches represent two different people but I'm not buying it. I'm just not. The wording of the suspect's description on the FBI posters essentially did not change from OBG to NBG. "The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. His eye color is unknown." If this is to be believed, there were TWO individuals who represented this exact same description on the trail that day, neither of whom came forward or have been publicly identified by LE. The only difference is, on the NBG poster, the FBI added the words, "The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger." I am an accountant. Numbers are very interesting to me. Only 1 to 2 percent of the population has red hair. Again, it seems highly unlikely that there were TWO white males, between 5 foot 6 and five foot ten, weighing 180 - 220 lbs with reddish brown hair on the trail at the same time. It's not impossible but when all of this is said and done, I think there is more to this.
There is ABSOLUTELY more to this. Too much weirdness. I only started following this case a few days back, checking out media and then hopping over here from another thread. Strange, weird, odd, perplexing are adjectives being used and for good reason. Once they have him we'll have a better understanding of why this is. JMO

Re the image of BG, I have come across several programs that turn a low resolution image into a high resolution one. I also just read bout this in a Dean Koonz book... I know.... but still, the FBI actually does have this capability, so I don’t understand how they haven’t come up with a much clearer image. Granted I know nothing about this stuff , so if anyone could provide a brief and simple explanation I would really appreciate.

I’d guess that a graph that eliminated gang-related murders would skew older.

Not necessarily. Gang members, if they don't end up in jail (and can't get a job afterwards as felons), too, tend to settle down in early to mid-30es.

What we call "gang activity", to a degree, is also very stupid behavior of young people. But they do get in groups to commit it. I have seen kids get in a juvy for breaking into a pizza shop and stealing pizzas - in a group. Not a dangerous thing, but the group factor made it look like a gang.

Now, impulsive behavior of young men in typically group-driven. On a positive note, one can work with a group (e.g., AA or NA). These lone serial killers are a problem because they are typically outside the groups.

Have the flyers always stated "person or persons who committed this crime?"

I actually noticed the same verbiage yesterday in a video, let me find it...(it’s not from the original PC btw.)

I get the impression (could be wrong) that they lean towards a single predator and use that more as a, forgot the word...

ETA: Here’s the video:

In the first clip of Riley speaking he refers to the person in singular tense, however in the second clip he says “guy or guys”.

Last edited:
For those of you who think this is his first murderS, honestly I am very surprised by how many have said this and I’m wondering what leads you to that opinion. I was also wondering for reference if anyone can name a child killer who’s first kill was a dual homicide? Tia. .

Wasn't Eddie Kempner's first killing of two young women? Not children, but college students.

Curious as to why it seems people think Libby would have been the one he was after instead of Abby?

Doesn't matter. If he was stalking one with the same plan in mind, it does not change the gravity of what he did.

And it he was after one kid to kill for some sexual motives, how is it better?

There is ABSOLUTELY more to this. Too much weirdness. I only started following this case a few days back, checking out media and then hopping over here from another thread. Strange, weird, odd, perplexing are adjectives being used and for good reason. Once they have him we'll have a better understanding of why this is. JMO

Does the odd verbiage in the press conference about these sketches jive with the first one being a man in disguise and the second being the same man without a disguise?

Last edited:
It concerned me that he would enjoy being known as ‘The Snapchat Killer” as the media dubbed him. He is an weak evil pathetic cowardly monster and nothing else.

BBM and totally agree.

It is the media sometimes isn't it that gives them a name? That has to stop and they need to give them names no one wanting notorious fame would want to be known by... imo.

Coward is a good word to include no doubt because they likely feel erroneously they are invincible and smarter than the average bear... So not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab