IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be on my hands and knees crawling and whimpering with my eyes shut.

Any word on how the girls died?
I have the exact same fear of heights. O couldn't breath just looking at pix

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Weird question,but does Anybody know if the pic of the Guy was taken before or after they think the Girls were killed? I ask because the Guy looks so relaxed, like he's just out for a walk,not nervous looking ,in a hurry,etc

We don't know that, LE may have an idea. We just know it was taken 'around the same time' the girls were there (paraphrasing)

I actually see a pretty thick mustache and there are several on the sex offender list that match. Had a hat on or some really thick hair. My thoughts on the mystery man's gait...he's in his late 30's or 40's. Something about the angle of his legs...Something I see in older guys. IMO That packing place needs to be checked. Late lunch? Call ins? Lots of those men on the list that work there live in other cities.

The one I posted? TIA

Addresses on google maps aren't always accurate, I've seen houses wrongly labeled and as far as 2 miles off their accurate location. That is why I prefer to viusually match a location with a current photograph
The address you posted with brick pillars and a fence sure doesn't look like the view from road in this news video. Google Maps has so many trees you can't see house. I can't find the house at any address near what was reported. I think the reporter mistakingly said 1100 block instead of 11000?

http://wthitv.com/2017/02/16/police-on-scene-serving-warrant-at-delphi-home/

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Hi All,

My first post. This is such a tragic case and so sad. I have a couple ideas. I have three daughters and this is my worst nightmare. I think these girls went to this spot to meet someone. The odds that in this small town a sexual predator was waiting and equipped to attack and murder two girls who happen to be there at that time on a weekday no less, just seem too small. He ( assuming a male) first of all would have had to know school was out that day...I think he met them on the bridge and the photo came from Liberty's phone ( she seemed to be the one snapping the pics) I think he had a gun and he knew he had little time to get them to a secluded spot. The timeline is very tight. Picture taken at 2:07 with pickup scheduled for 3:00-3:30. By 4 pm relative charged with picking them up would be on the trails looking and calling for them, and calling their cell phones. Holding someone at gunpoint is a very effective way to keep them quiet. It is my unfortunate hunch that they were alive well into the night. This type of predator wouldn't go to all these lengths to kill two victims in 15-30 minutes.

News footage showed what the house looked like. Though i thought they said 11000 block not specifically 11000 as the address.

Good question. He could have been with the girls longer than 5.30. He might have taken off when he heard sounds of searching and calling further away. Or even came back at night?

It's crossed my mind that sometimes the culprit is someone close to the family. It would be disturbing to think he was possibly in the loop the whole time via text or SM and was aware that there was an increasing search effort..or maybe even helped with it.

It would seem the girls didn't have access to their phones as early as 3-330 when surely they were being called and texted to see why they weren't at the pick up spot. And it would appear the girls were NOT reading texts and just choosing to ignore them..bc Libby's grandfather stated the messages had been delivered but not read. I'd say things had already gone seriously South even before their designated pick up time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate social media for teens as well :(

Who's to say one of those sex offenders in the area doesn't pose as a young teen male on snapchat and keeps up with kids in town and what they are up to. Maybe he saw them at the bridge on snapchat and decided to head over there and find them? Maybe he was already nearby? A local would know where that bridge is and where to find the girls if they saw them snapping there. Would have to work or live close enough to get to them in time and manipulate the situation quickly.

I keep wondering if snapchat plays into this or if the murderer just randomly encountered them on the trail.

What sticks with me most is that police on this case have stated their best advice is to keep an eye on your kids, know what they're up to, etc. To me that means they know these girls went to meet up with a person. Maybe since all of the area had the day off, they thought they were meeting with some high school boys who they met on SM and it turned out to definitely NOT be that.

We are told that pic of the POI is a still from a video. Where did the video come from? I'm a little freaked that the girls got there early, gained some sort of upper vantage point, and snapchatted or just took video (could be iPhone live pics, as well), of this guy wondering if he was the one coming to meet them. Why haven't they just shown us the video? Maybe their voices? This and a theory on the FB page about Abigail's snapchat profile pic are just giving me chills. What I don't understand is that IF they took this video and suspected this man was there instead of who they thought they'd meet, then why not just hide and wait for him to go away? Ugg.

Have I mentioned how much I hate social media for teens?

The address you posted with brick pillars and a fence sure doesn't look like the view from road in this news video. Google Maps has so many trees you can't see house. I can't find the house at any address near what was reported. I think the reporter mistakingly said 1100 block instead of 11000?

http://wthitv.com/2017/02/16/police-on-scene-serving-warrant-at-delphi-home/

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I think it does. What is different is the trees and foliage in the streetview, where you can't actually make out the house but there is no streetview other than in 2009, and none at all on bing maps. Which is annoying, a mile or so west and there is streeview from 2015.

I agree about the reporter mistakenly saying 1100

I cant find another house on that road that matches at all and has brick post entry and entry road to the right of the property like the house the warrant was executed on. None. It this isn't it then it is well hidden or wasn't built in 2009

This area was swarmed w volunteers. And I don't think everyone quit looking when the search was called off for the night at midnight. It would have been extremely risky to return to the area, not to mention the difficulty of trying to transport 2 bodies. It'd be a lot easier to drop them off on a county road away from town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the perp wanted the girls found. They are close to where they were last known to be, not some distance away, which I think they would be if he lured them into a car.

While they were not found the first day of searching, they were found the second day, which is pretty lucky considering the area looks like a place where you could easily not see something even when close by.

He had to have known searchers would look for the girls that night. Yet, he left them there to be found.

I'm not sure what this tells us, but I think it tells us something.

I also wonder if the photographer of the two girls (I'm forgetting which one...Libby?) belonged to any online social groups about photography. Could she have posted her intentions of going to the park that day to take photos?Were they into geocaching or something similar?

jmo

If the location is accurate and if the girls phone pinged from town, and if they girls had the phones at the time...They could have been dumped from the road after having been killed elsewhere. If they were located where it is only accessible via walking or by horse as the Indiana State LEO said in the video, then the location might be west. That would likely mean the girls stayed at that location and the phones pinging in town were carried there by the person that killed them. The lady that lives right across the creek from where they were found has/had horses. I've not talked to her for a few years now, but I walked the trials a bit last fall.

I wanted to bring Carbuff's comment from thread 1, post 207 forward. I think it explains well the problem with "phone pings" in small towns with few towers. (I hope that's okay Carbuff. :D )

If there's only one cell phone tower in the area, or even with two, it's not usually possible to get a precise location for the pings. So the comment about pinging around town might not mean that the phone was moving, it might just mean that it never left the immediate area.

Somebody a couple posts back brought up a good point, a predator could have pretended to be a Kid saying he would meet them at the tracks

Is that a road at the bottom, the white line? Is there a way to walk from that road, if it is one, to where the bodies were found? Like along the river or just a path that locals know?

I believe that is just a long driveway to a single home.

Also, it was said they were found on private property. So I take it the property is not fenced in but the public can walk through it?

Snipped- I didn't notice anything that looked like a fence in any of the pictures I saw. I did notice an old fence post in the interview with the landowner in that open pasture area, so I'd assume he doesn't have livestock. No real reason to maintain a fence if you don't have livestock. Too much work, especially in the woods where trees/limbs fall. Of course, that's just IMO.

---------------------------
If they followed footprints, they should be able to tell if there were 2 or 3 people walking together. Should rule out whether the girls were walking in that area voluntarily or if they were walked/followed back there. I'm wondering if footwear was taken in the search warrant?

I'm wondering if the perp wanted the girls found. They are close to where they were last known to be, not some distance away, which I think they would be if he lured them into a car.

While they were not found the first day of searching, they were found the second day, which is pretty lucky considering the area looks like a place where you could easily not see something even when close by.

He had to have known searchers would look for the girls that night. Yet, he left them there to be found.

I'm not sure what this tells us, but I think it tells us something.

I also wonder if the photographer of the two girls (I'm forgetting which one...Libby?) belonged to any online social groups about photography. Could she have posted her intentions of going to the park that day to take photos?Were they into geocaching or something similar?

jmo

I think it would just be too difficult to get a body out of there let alone two.

I agree. Within an hour 2pm snap and 3pm no replies. Things were over and done. Check pings on telephones in the area..?

What is odd about the comments about men hiking alone is the defensiveness of those who hike alone. :-) Nobody is saying that if you hike alone and you are male then you just might be a murderer. Relax!

In THIS case.......in THIS location......with how the man is dressed...........and knowing what we know NOW..........it just looks suspicious to some people. We can postulate that....hey....maybe this guy isn't out for a nice walk in the woods.

All this defensiveness over opinions is more suspicious to me than men hiking alone. :-)

Good morning everyone.

I didn't see anyone getting overly defensive. I just read people say that they in fact did hike alone. It's okay to post your opinion on WS. Personally, I think the conversation has probably run it's course. Some men walk, hike, stroll alone and others don't, :)
And good morning to you!

Good morning!
This video gives a good idea of the terrain and flags can be seen at spots where presumably the girls were found.speculation, imo.
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/16/property-owner-talks-about-discovery-of-missing-delphi-teens-bodies/

Thank you dotr! I often have problems loading videos so I might ask questions that are already clear to others. I managed to watch this one though, with another browser.

It looks like very dense woods where they were found. The owner said it's like a ravine, I wonder if they were dumped, just thrown down the slope. Could a car go close enough though? If not, how did the perp lure the girls to this spot?

Also noticed they say Liberty was 14, not 13. Not that it matters much.

I don't see how someone's gait can be analyzed from two still images...

I think it does. What is different is the trees and foliage in the streetview, where you can't actually make out the house but there is no streetview other than in 2009, and none at all on bing maps. Which is annoying, a mile or so west and there is streeview from 2015.

I agree about the reporter mistakenly saying 1100

I cant find another house on that road that matches at all and has brick post entry and entry road to the right of the property like the house the warrant was executed on. None. It this isn't it then it is well hidden or wasn't built in 2009

I house I believe it is, and the FB profile of the women that lives there, shows them clearing out trees from around the property this summer. I looks like they had wind or weather related damage to the trees in these FB pictures.

I believe it is at 11036

Also with it being winter the greenery would have diminished quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow