IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Local leo have been in contact with the plant checking individuals' attendance and gate/turnstile times for 2/14-2/15

I actually see a pretty thick mustache and there are several on the sex offender list that match. Had a hat on or some really thick hair. My thoughts on the mystery man's gait...he's in his late 30's or 40's. Something about the angle of his legs...Something I see in older guys. IMO That packing place needs to be checked. Late lunch? Call ins? Lots of those men on the list that work there live in other cities.

Can someone point me where grandpa says phone is now off- what time was that? I believe it's in the article where he says he saw posts delivered, but not read. Would love it know if they were turned off or died or what. I wouldn't think they would die that quickly if they just got there at 1 and they were (I'm assuming)not answering the ride at 3:30.

ETA so many unknowns. For example texts to me will say delivered even if my phone is dead- because I have an iPad at home plugged in and receiving all my iMessages. My husbands will not because he doesn't use his iPad for iMessage. Annoys him when my phone dies and he thinks I've gotten his text and I'm just not replying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The owner of the property where the girls were found stated that the only way to get to that spot, was on foot so its not possible that they were driven to the spot they were found. Also, if the guy in the photo has nothing to do with the girls, why has he not come forward? Delphi is a very small town, everyone is buzzing about the murders and there are numerous reporters, police and FBI set up all around town..kind of hard not to know something big is going on in the area. Lets say this guy hasn't turned his TV or radio on to see the police want to talk to him, it would still be impossible for him not to know there were murders in the park from neighbors, family, waitress, store clerk..etc.

Could the man only have been passing through? Visited someone that morning, was on the way back to his car and is far away now hence never heard of the crime or saw his photo on TV?

Hopefully, that Guy is identified,even if not the perp, he may have seen something unusual. With all of the coverage and news, there is no way that the Guy,if he's innocent, wouldn't come forward to help

I really hate to say this and I hope I'm wrong, but I think he was there with them that night. Remember they were found on private property that I read on another post was not searched that night by volunteers because they were specifically told not to go in that area. I have a hunch he is local and knew they wouldn't search private property after dark... I think he left the area under cover of darkness sometime in the middle of the night.

I think it would just be too difficult to get a body out of there let alone two.

I agree....but it wouldn't be hard to hide them so they weren't detected so soon and it doesn't look that hard to put them in the river.

I just have this feeling he meant for them to be found. Of course, that's just pure speculation at this point.

jmo

I dont know if I am allowed to share facebook news pages but I am so intersted in the fact they are now saying they are coming the girls snapchats, social media, phones and how important technology is with this case so far. https://www.facebook.com/WorldNewsTonight/videos/10154651837899818/?hc_location=ufi

IMO it'd be far more notable if they were NOT saying they were combing their SM and that it were important to the case.

To me the SM accounts for the girls HAS to be the key starting point aside from whatever they've found at key - as it is in many cases nowadays anyway.

But in this in particular we know we have cell pings showing their location bopping around the trails, etc.

Plus the info gained from things like the texts Grand Patty said he knew were delivered but never read helping with possible timeline.

We have more visual SM accounts - SC, FB, IG, etc. - that are all providing video and photo access of their day/wanderings, at least some of which was within what was probably within at least under 120 minutes of when they were killed.

In a remote area where not many people were around, the background info from those images, who viewed them (you can see that with some of the programs) and when, who may have liked or commented and when, etc. plus clues as to their route/timing/etc. via SM, are all especially apt to be helpful in piecing things together in this case and possibly finding info about who was involved and timing and specific locations of things purely based on clues from all the visuals the girls themselves provided.

So like I said, I'd have been MORE surprised if they said they did NOT think the SM accounts of the girls were useful.

Plus of course there's the fact that investigators always look at that these days to check out things like possible arranged meetings, who people have been associating with or in contact with, etc.

But all of that latter bit, IMO, is rather par for the course now and the rule not the exception.

I just think in this case, aside from forensics at the scene and any possible actual witnesses who saw or heard anything, the SM accounts for the girls would HAVE to be a key component of this purely because more than in many cases, we know there's documentation from leading up to their murders far beyond "just" cell pings like we might have in most cases simply because the girls were using their SM accounts actively to document their outing.

Could the man only have been passing through? Visited someone that morning, was on the way back to his car and is far away now hence never heard of the crime or saw his photo on TV?

Thats a definite possibility!

I sure hope IF the case does involve prior communication with the perp before the girls murders and IF the police are finding evidence of this communication on their phones that it will then seal the fate of this monster in court! I hope they have so much evidence on him that he is pinned to the ground and will never get back up! I have full faith this creep will be caught. Just a gut feeling. This community is too strong and too informed on one another to let a monster get away.

This case is absolutely horrific, but the way the community there has came together is something beautiful and is a testament to the goodness of the human spirit. Most people are good. Don't let the bad people win.

Totally making a speculation but the house that was searched has a male (with a beard), woman, and a 26 yo son living there. What if the son follows the girls on SC, and went to the trail. Maybe he made a weird comment or left a note for the older male, so the older male went to look for the 26 yo on the trail to make sure he didn't do anything rash. (maybe he has had questionable behaviors in the past) This is when he (the older male) was caught on film, but the real crime was taking place in another location by the younger male.

Hi All,

My first post. This is such a tragic case and so sad. I have a couple ideas. I have three daughters and this is my worst nightmare. I think these girls went to this spot to meet someone. The odds that in this small town a sexual predator was waiting and equipped to attack and murder two girls who happen to be there at that time on a weekday no less, just seem too small. He ( assuming a male) first of all would have had to know school was out that day...I think he met them on the bridge and the photo came from Liberty's phone ( she seemed to be the one snapping the pics) I think he had a gun and he knew he had little time to get them to a secluded spot. The timeline is very tight. Picture taken at 2:07 with pickup scheduled for 3:00-3:30. By 4 pm relative charged with picking them up would be on the trails looking and calling for them, and calling their cell phones. Holding someone at gunpoint is a very effective way to keep them quiet. It is my unfortunate hunch that they were alive well into the night. This type of predator wouldn't go to all these lengths to kill two victims in 15-30 minutes.

BBM

Going on the basis that this is a small town, I'm wondering the following:

1. Did both girls go to the same school? Middle school?

2. If they did attend the same school, did anyone (teachers, parents, students) notice anyone unfamiliar loitering by the school grounds? I would think most people would recognize each other, this being a small town.

I, too, grew up in a small town. If an older man had a reputation for pursing young girls, we pretty much knew who he was, if he lived and worked in the area.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before; I duly searched the thread for the word "school".

And, just my Very Humble Opinion/thoughts.

Edited to add the following:

We had two murders of young women in my small town. The perp was caught. It turns out his work took him to several different states--kind of like a swing shift. So, he would work in our area for a month or so, then he would go onto the next job.

So, I agree with above posters that he could be from out of town.

For being a popular hang-out for kids, the trails seemed to be desolate for a school holiday. Have any kids/young persons been interviewed? Perhaps the kids who were there aren't owning up to being there?

That secluded cemetery would have been ideal for the set I ran around with back in my day. Maybe they went there directly to hang out, unknowingly, with their killers.

Both girls' last FB posts were in November. I wonder if they were no longer allowed to use FB or if LE removed more current postings.

BBM

Going on the basis that this is a small town, I'm wondering the following:

1. Did both girls go to the same school? Middle school?

2. If they did attend the same school, did anyone (teachers, parents, students) notice anyone unfamiliar loitering by the school grounds? I would think most people would recognize each other, this being a small town.

I, too, grew up in a small town. If an older man had a reputation for pursing young girls, we pretty much knew who he was.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before; I duly searched the thread for the word "school".

And, just my Very Humble Opinion/thoughts.

Yes, they attended the same school.

For being a popular hang-out for kids, the trails seemed to be desolate for a school holiday. Have any kids/young persons been interviewed? Perhaps the kids who were there aren't owning up to being there?

That secluded cemetery would have been ideal for the set I ran around with back in my day. Maybe they went there directly to hang out, unknowingly, with their killers.

I also am wondering if the cemetery was their destination. Seems like a cool place to take photos, and it's about the right distance to allow for a two-hour afternoon adventure in the park (drop-off around 1'ish and pick up around 3ish) Just a guess.

JMO

Totally making a speculation but the house that was searched has a male (with a beard), woman, and a 26 yo son living there. What if the son follows the girls on SC, and went to the trail. Maybe he made a weird comment or left a note for the older male, so the older male went to look for the 26 yo on the trail to make sure he didn't do anything rash. (maybe he has had questionable behaviors in the past) This is when he (the older male) was caught on film, but the real crime was taking place in another location by the younger male.

I think they have already cleared the owner at that residence as not being the man in the photo. It appears a real witch hunt is going on in that town and some of the tips initially given to the police seem to based on paranoia and not actual fact.

Would be a good theory except that after the warrant was served LE stated they still had no ID for the man in the photo

ETA so many unknowns. For example texts to me will say delivered even if my phone is dead- because I have an iPad at home plugged in and receiving all my iMessages. My husbands will not because he doesn't use his iPad for iMessage. Annoys him when my phone dies and he thinks I've gotten his text and I'm just not replying.

I understood his comment to mean she had read receipts on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot