Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome all new members :welcome:

Re: the discrepancy on the dates, I've seen that before, the date not matching...There is an explanation for this but I can't remember what it is...in other words, this might not mean they were killed on different days.

They were to be picked up between 3-3:30. The girls didn't show up as planned. The person picking them out yelled out for them as I understand it, and they were reported missing after that.

It makes much more sense that the pick-up time was 3-:30'ish as two hours in the park would be a reasonable outing....and it still gets dark around 5:30 this time of year.

It should have been a fun, awesome day for them.

jmopinion

A woman posted a comment in response to a FB post by Abigail's mother. The comment said "The Lord has them Anna". That comment was posted at 5:38am on Tuesday. Weren't the bodies found around noon on Tuesday? Or did I miss something?

Does anyone know why the girls weren't positively ID'd until an autopsy confirmed it? I don't know procedure. Everyone of course concludes the bodies found were those of the girls, but why the delay in ID? Surely a family member could positively identify? I just thought it was odd to prolong it. My 1st thought was that they were in a condition where they couldn't be recognized..but in THAT case I can't see how LE could have said there was "a suspicion of foul play." It was stated in a LE interview that they would not divulge the manor of death OR the condition in which the bodies were found out of respect for the family as well as bc of the ongoing investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO it'd be far more notable if they were NOT saying they were combing their SM and that it were important to the case.

To me the SM accounts for the girls HAS to be the key starting point aside from whatever they've found at key - as it is in many cases nowadays anyway.

But in this in particular we know we have cell pings showing their location bopping around the trails, etc.

Plus the info gained from things like the texts Grand Patty said he knew were delivered but never read helping with possible timeline.

We have more visual SM accounts - SC, FB, IG, etc. - that are all providing video and photo access of their day/wanderings, at least some of which was within what was probably within at least under 120 minutes of when they were killed.

In a remote area where not many people were around, the background info from those images, who viewed them (you can see that with some of the programs) and when, who may have liked or commented and when, etc. plus clues as to their route/timing/etc. via SM, are all especially apt to be helpful in piecing things together in this case and possibly finding info about who was involved and timing and specific locations of things purely based on clues from all the visuals the girls themselves provided.

So like I said, I'd have been MORE surprised if they said they did NOT think the SM accounts of the girls were useful.

Plus of course there's the fact that investigators always look at that these days to check out things like possible arranged meetings, who people have been associating with or in contact with, etc.

But all of that latter bit, IMO, is rather par for the course now and the rule not the exception.

I just think in this case, aside from forensics at the scene and any possible actual witnesses who saw or heard anything, the SM accounts for the girls would HAVE to be a key component of this purely because more than in many cases, we know there's documentation from leading up to their murders far beyond "just" cell pings like we might have in most cases simply because the girls were using their SM accounts actively to document their outing.

I think I miss worded what I was trying to convey as I totally agree with you. I meant that LE are now openly saying the social media images, communication etc is going to be very important here which yes of course it is and will be. Why I am happy to hear them say this publicly in an interview is the amount of speculation about the snapchat, facebook pages of the girls elsewhere.

I probably am still not getting what I mean across very well. I struggle sometimes to express what I am trying to say. i just hope these sweet girls get justice.

A woman posted a comment in response to a FB post by Abigail's mother. The comment said "The Lord has them Anna". That comment was posted at 5:38am on Tuesday. Weren't the bodies found around noon on Tuesday? Or did I miss something?

I noticed that also. I think the poster meant "don't worry, the Lord is protecting them and they'll be found". Imo

Does anyone know why the girls weren't positively ID'd until an autopsy confirmed it? I don't know procedure. Everyone of course concludes the bodies found were those of the girls, but why the delay in ID? Surely a family member could positively identify? I just thought it was odd to prolong it. My 1st thought was that they were in a condition where they couldn't be recognized..but in THAT case I can't see how LE could have said there was "a suspicion of foul play." It was stated in a LE interview that they would not divulge the manor of death OR the condition in which the bodies were found out of respect for the family as well as bc of the ongoing investigation.

Perhaps to spare the family? Maybe they could identify them through dental records, which would take some time, rather than have someone visually identify them?

TOTAL GUESS, I have no idea.

jmopinion, speculation

Both girls' last FB posts were in November. I wonder if they were no longer allowed to use FB or if LE removed more current postings.
Facebook isn't cool. The kids have moved on to Instagram, and more importantly, snapchat, which could be a big stumbling block in this case.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned in the last thread that a perp who preys on an adult would not prey on a kid, or something always by those lines; this is not true, sometimes they just choose to prey on weaker victims, example ARS and JR.

Facebook isn't cool. The kids have moved on to Instagram, and more importantly, snapchat, which could be a big stumbling block in this case.

Last week someone (a 20something) told me fb is for old people. [emoji15]

They need a formal ID, just standard procedure.

Somebody upthread posted this news article and video...1:29 shows the land owner. I am sure he has been cleared and is also a victim of this crime, but man.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/16/property-owner-talks-about-discovery-of-missing-delphi-teens-bodies/

Quoting myself here...now that I saw him speak, I don't get the impression he's involved. But he does remind me of farmers I've known and I imagine in the midwest this is a pretty common middle aged + man appearance. My impression of the POI is he's older, in his 40's or 50's. He has baggier jeans like a man who maybe needs them that big for his belly, but his legs are skinny.

Input from locals, valuable; however I remember from JR's case how different my opinions were from other locals opinions. In other words, just because a local says something, respectfully, it can still be quite subjective.

I understood his comment to mean she had read receipts on.

Yea I did as well. What I'm saying his it says delivered until someone reads it and it usually only says delivered when the phone is on and has a signal (unless in my case you have an iPad at home where it's also delivered and if your phone is off the other person would still see the "delivered").

Just trying to understand when the phone was either shut off or died.

Someone mentioned in the last thread that a perp who preys on an adult would not prey on a kid, or something always by those lines; this is not true, sometimes they just choose to prey on weaker victims, example ARS and JR.

It's not nearly as likely. If this was sexually motivated (which imo is likely) then usually the perp has a type. Not always, but usually a type. Boys vs girls, younger vs older, blonde vs brunette etc. I know it's not always the case, but for someone to kill these little girls there was a sick reason/attraction to them and imo it wasn't just bc they were at the wrong place wrong time. He could have gone after other ppl in better places and times in my opinion. Hope I communicated my thoughts clearly. My feeling is still an online perp that sought one or both girls out. The focus on the girls SM being key just strengthens my feeling.

Last week someone (a 20something) told me fb is for old people. [emoji15]

Yep. A friend's teen son told us that we (his parent's generation), had ruined FB and they all moved on.

Yea I did as well. What I'm saying his it says delivered until someone reads it and it usually only says delivered when the phone is on and has a signal (unless in my case you have an iPad at home where it's also delivered and if your phone is off the other person would still see the "delivered").

Just trying to understand when the phone was either shut off or died.

I wonder why the perp didn't take the phones or at least destroy them? jmo

I agree. My 15 year old niece has never had a Facebook account and she hardly uses Instagram anymore, but she is glued to snapchat all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke