IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the geo caching talk coming from? Has family said the girls were into that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't think the family has mentioned it, but I have wondered from the start if the girls were into geocaching. No confirmation, no link. Speculation.

Thanks again to everyone out there sharing online and distributing flyers. If you're out handing out flyers please also drop off to hunting and fishing outlets, hardware stores and sporting good stores also if you can.

I'd also add anywhere hunters and fishermen hang out like hunting/rifle clubs, fire department (bars), VFWs....

Occum's Razor (IMO): This was an opportunistic crime by either a local or by someone from a neighboring town. He saw the girls early on, and started following them. He is very familiar with that particular area of the trail and the crime scene. He led them to a place that was enclosed, raped and killed both of them, and dragged them out to the crime scene some time between midnight and the next morning when the search resumed.

This psychopath is hiding in plain sight now, calm and perhaps even involved in the situation following discovery of the bodies. He wants to be "helpful". He's a quiet person...no prior record. FBI suspects him, but is waiting for DNA to confirm.

Ok, has he done this before?

I agree. However when he said his kids, grandkids and their buddies played there it got me to thinking about those buddies. Buddies who played there as kids and would KNOW that particular piece of woods.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Respectfully, I don't think anyone that was associated (past/present) with the property owner was involved in this crime. JMO, I think they will find the sp on one of the apps on the cell phone(s) and perhaps the sp gathered info about the trails prior to the fateful day or he just took the chance with out knowing the terrain. MOO, but i think the property owner is a victim as well by having to discover this awful tragedy.

Where is the geo caching talk coming from? Has family said the girls were into that?

The bridge has a geocaching (sp?) thing. People were talking about the last person to put something there (or whatever you do) - he has the same initials as someone else.... not the same guy, though.

it's almost a straight shot south, around Indy, about 107 miles. I-65 South

No, just a theory. They seem like the type of girls who would enjoy that activity and we know from a post earlier today there is a cache there on that property (or at least was; it's been "disabled"). I personally theorized that the cache may have been in between some slats in the bridge, hence LE's search "under" the slats. Just a theory.

I agree, but this guy has an extra set of you-know-whats to also commit his crime out in the open, in broad daylight, where others have been known to go. Any group of teens hanging in the woods or by the creek could have stumbled upon them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, I was surprised at how open the taped-off area is. In my mind, I was picturing it as thickly wooded, with trees closer together and more underbrush.

This is where it gets crazy. I don't want to be an online "detective" and send in some far-fetched crazy thing that only takes time away from an actual great tip. Then my thoughts go to, "no tip too small." I'm torn. I feel like this man in the video clearly knows this area and this video could be an example of that. The gait and everything about him. Clothes, etc. idk...?

Thanks and I would give anything to have your 20/20 vision.:tyou:

I put up a screenshot until Webseluths :tos: suddenly flashed before me.:blushing:
:cow:

I took a look at both the geocaching profile and facebook profile (easy to find using last name and town from geocaching profile) I agree that some physical features are similar, specifically one that has been pointed out here by some as being large/prominent.

I don't see any Iowa geocaches in his found history, but will take a look regarding others being near bridges.

Given that he created that geocache (from my understanding, this means he is the one who originally put it there to be found) and he is from a town approx 18 miles SW of Delphi, I also agree that this should be forwarded to police.

Placing a geocache, keeping it well stocked with goodies so that it gets a good reputation online/in the app, and staking it out would be an excellent way to find victims.

I took a look at both the geocaching profile and facebook profile (easy to find using last name and town from geocaching profile) I agree that some physical features are similar, specifically one that has been pointed out here by some as being large/prominent.

I don't see any Iowa geocaches in his found history, but will take a look regarding others being near bridges.

Given that he created that geocache (from my understanding, this means he is the one who originally put it there to be found) and he is from a town approx 18 miles SW of Delphi, I also agree that this should be forwarded to police.
It was.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Here is the link to the drone video:

[video=youtube;PNN1qkGRZXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNN1qkGRZXk[/video]

I am sorry but I can't help but think that I would be afraid to let my child cross this bridge...maybe I would let them hike there but maybe they were told not to cross bridge....Does anyone know for sure? Also keep in mind that once you are on that bridge there is no escape really if there were two attackers waiting for them. One could of been on each side. Can you imagine? My sister was murdered. The trial was just over a week ago. She was tortured and raped. Believe me I know what these families are going through right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like the girls met up with some bad people.. the bridge guy being just one of them. This requires a belief that a vehicle and people can be seen under the bridge; captured in the 2:07 snapchat photo... by 2:30, one of their party was upon the girls on the bridge. He orders them "down the hill" to make their way to where the others are. It accounts for the bridge guy, and the reported couple. It accounts for there not being a SM connection, or a scenario where a predator hoping he'd get the chance to kill not just 1, but 2 people,

I understand if others don't agree with this theory. It requires the belief that there are more than one perps and that there is a "vehicle" at ground level below the bridge (which I concede, could very well be a case of pareidolia.) The thing with the vehicle & the people, is that once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Thank you for chiming in. I was hoping you would.

I'm super surprised there are no signs telling people not to cross it. I'm all about having fun in nature, but that bridge looks incredibly and I mean incredibly unsafe.

As a kid, we used to cross over from Illinois and go to Turkey Run. That park has a bridge, but as I recall it was safe and had a handrail and sides. We used to go find old covered bridges, too. But I can't recall ever seeing something like this.

Thank you.

Turkey Run has a big suspension bridge that was just rebuilt a couple of years ago after flooding wiped it out. It definitely has rails. Very safe. But it's also a state park who obviously have to keep walking trails safe for visitors.

I don't think private property has any requirements. That bridge is private property.

Please stay safe and don't go on your own.

Also please don't trespass! There's always a chance that LE will continue returning to the crime scene to make sure they didn't miss any evidence and disturbing it could cause problems. Not to mention, it's against the law. As on edge as everyone is at this point in time, I would not want to step on private property without permission.

I am sorry but I can't help but think that I would be afraid to let my child cross this bridge...maybe I would let them hike there but maybe they were told not to cross bridge....Does anyone know for sure? Also keep in mind that once you are on that bridge there is no escape really if there were two attackers waiting for them. One could of been on each side. Can you imagine? My sister was murdered. The trial was just over a week ago. She was tortured and raped. Believe me I know what these families are going through right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very very sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members