Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that but not good enough.

Lyric and Elizabeth still haven't had justice! Who's to say the tip that brings down the killer is you know just sitting on a shelf because they believe they PUT OUT the BEST info and don't want to compromise an investigation over possibly using every opportunity to catching a killer.

The most solid case and details are of NO value if you don't have anyone to ARREST in the first place.

A lot of members on WS who are following another case (MIssy Bevers) are still waiting for LE to updates us. It has been over 7 months with no update.....LE doesn't have to feed us any information while they are investigating. Most LE departments share info with us in little pieces but their main focus is on getting justice for the victim by their doing their job uninterrupted.

When I was in sixth grade walking home from school a guy walking towards me exposed himself as he got closer. I just stood there with my jaw unhinged. After a long second he kept going. I found my feet and ran. I imagine that anyone coming towards you pulling any kind of unsuspected moves could very well freeze your instincts, judgements, whatever. I don't think he used a ruse. I think he was fast, aggressive, assured, commanding. Gave them no time to think. I do feel that Libby got an uncomfortable feeling the first time he may have passed them (guessing) so she took his image then shoved her phone in her pocket still on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I also think he could have threatened them with harm if the other if one ran or resisted. It pains me to think about it, but I think they would have complied under such a threat, even if he didn't have a visible weapon. :(

I feel like the girls met up with some bad people.. the bridge guy being just one of them. This requires a belief that a vehicle and people can be seen under the bridge; captured in the 2:07 snapchat photo... by 2:30, one of their party was upon the girls on the bridge. He orders them "down the hill" to make their way to where the others are. It accounts for the bridge guy, and the reported couple. It accounts for there not being a SM connection, or a scenario where a predator hoping he'd get the chance to kill not just 1, but 2 people,

I understand if others don't agree with this theory. It requires the belief that there are more than one perps and that there is a "vehicle" at ground level below the bridge (which I concede, could very well be a case of pareidolia.) The thing with the vehicle & the people, is that once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Yesterday I posted about these "vehicles". http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-8&p=13171858#post13171858

I understand that but not good enough.

Lyric and Elizabeth still haven't had justice! Who's to say the tip that brings down the killer is you know just sitting on a shelf because they believe they PUT OUT the BEST info and don't want to compromise an investigation over possibly using every opportunity to catching a killer.

The most solid case and details are of NO value if you don't have anyone to ARREST in the first place.

Because they need to hold back certain types of info only the killer will know, or they jeopardize the whole case and no one gets prosecuted. You would need a whole course in legal evidence to totally inderstand, but sometimes we have to have more faith in our system. It isn't perfect, but is the best way to get justice for our victims.

This man is probably long gone by now, taking and killing two girls at once isn't beginner stuff. I have to wonder why they actually have? Like what they held back? Have they asked for a profile yet?

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

I just thought of something. Could the suspect have arrived on boat and left on boat? Pick up and drop off somewhere other than the bridge area?

Turkey Run has a big suspension bridge that was just rebuilt a couple of years ago after flooding wiped it out. It definitely has rails. Very safe. But it's also a state park who obviously have to keep walking trails safe for visitors.

I don't think private property has any requirements. That bridge is private property.

Also please don't trespass! There's always a chance that LE will continue returning to the crime scene to make sure they didn't miss any evidence and disturbing it could cause problems. Not to mention, it's against the law. As on edge as everyone is at this point in time, I would not want to step on private property without permission.

A map I looked at last week shows the trail ending at the bridge. Makes sense the bridge is still owned by CSX.

Railroad property is private property. I'm interested in these types of structures, rails-to-trails, etc. You can be arrested on RR property by either RR police or local and state police. I stay off of RR properties unless I need to walk across tracks.

Just my $.02, stating some facts. That wss another question in my mind, who owns the actual bridge.

The missing girls town of Fairland is right off of 421, which comes straight out of Delphi.

It's so hard for me to envision this happening outside, in broad daylight. I mean this guy has a HUGE set on him. HUGE.

Many perps do evil things in broad daylight.

Has LE been stressing to think back to that day and a day or two after, to think if anyone they know was absent that day from their routine, or changed their appearance afterward, etc...or maybe came home in different clothes, "lost" a jacket or hat or boots, etc...
Pretty soon, memories will fade.

The missing young lady from Fairland IN has a thread at WS. So far there is no reason to believe that her being missing is related to this case. Please keep discussion of her Shy-Anna's case on her thread located here

Yet she was able to post to Snapchat so anything is possible. Also her grandpa stated that texts went to her were delivered which means the phone was connected to something.

I wish they would just tell us.

ETA- oops didn't realize i was so far behind and see this has been addressed already. As far as the cloud a full back up requires the phone to plugged in and using wifi, but not a photo or video. Know this from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can change your settings.

I agree but I don't think he came back out to drag someone off to the crime scene. I don't believe he would risk getting caught by the searchers/police. I think he did whatever he did right there and hightailed it out of there. IMO

Yes.

I do not think this guy is going to take a chance on getting caught with the bodies.

No way.

Just wanted to mention this, fwiw...IF and assuming a vagrant/homeless person/drifter, many of them carry cellphones now, they can also get assistance for phones I think, we have a huuuuuuuuuge homeless population up here and they all seem to have phones, many fancy phones. I think some can get assistance for these in order that they can get work, etc.
In our state, anyone who receives any type of aid (food, housing, childcare, medical) is eligible to receive a cell phone at no cost to them.

I partially agree with you.

My first thought was "why find him just to find you can't prosecute him and he goes free... double jeopardy in place."

Then I'm all....vigilante justice.

I just have to hope their means justifies the end.
I think more people agree with you then would be happy to admit.

I want to give my opinion that the landowner or anyone living on that property adjacent to the cemetery should NOT be ruled out. I hope LE is checking his alibi if he says he "wasn't home".

oh lord. That's scary! Nobody here has any access to our personal information right?

I'll bet the families never stopped that night just because LE did. Which initially led me to think they were moved. But that seems almost impossible and way to risky. So many unknowns.

Often the family is asked not to participate in official searches. Also, usually an officer is with the family while a child is missing, at least early on. They do this for many reasons, according to a friend of mine in LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow