IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right. They are definitely going to need more than a blurry video to convince a jury that they have the right guy. He looks like half the guys in the Midwest.

They have much more than what we see. We see 2 blurry images and a 3 word audio clip. They have a video that those stills were taken from, a much longer audio (that they said is the stuff nightmares are made of) and more than likely DNA. I don't think anyone would ever be arrested based on a look-alike to those 2 photos. It is going to be way bigger than that. These girls were murdered. There is evidence there.

Really lol I need to send my husband out that way.
With rates low you have to keep moving to pay the bills. And you schedule your loads so days off hits you close to home. Then you spend your time off making sure your truck gets serviced and such to go again.
Not saying it hasn't happened or won't again.You will have the ones who are psycho just like you would any profession.
But most don't get out of hours stuck On The side of the road in Delphi IN.....and if they did surely someone would have noticed.

What if your husband was single, no mtg to pay and didn't need the non stop hauls to keep up a particular lifestyle. Not all truckers have people they need to support etc....just devils advocate.

FWIW. The FBI gets involved with kidnappings - it started with The Lindbergh Act.

Maybe it's not a trucker in a traditional sense. Around this time of year, you have livestock being hauled, seed corn, soybean seeds, and farm chemicals being hauled into local co-ops/distributors, farmers hauling last fall's harvest to the grain elevators to sell, flowers/seeds from nurseries, etc. Not necessarily anyone on a tight time frame that is driving cross country or even on a regular basis. This is the time of year when my company is hiring tons of seasonal drivers. I would imagine other similar companies doing the same.

I was thinking maybe that is why the FBI is involved and it is on so many billboards. They do think it is someone that is traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not necessarily true. The FBI investigates violations of federal law. Murder is not a federal crime unless committed against the president or a member of congress. Other federal crimes such as bank robbery and kidnapping across state lines are not at play here. Why they are involved is anyone's guess.

FBI is often involved in all sorts of major crimes where I am. They join in whenever asked, not for only specific types of crimes.

Looks like leaves, but it's in an area of the photo that appears to have been digitally altered in some way, perhaps to conceal some evidence.

It is a still shot from a video that has also been enhanced/enlarged/zoomed. Seriously.

That's not necessarily true. The FBI investigates violations of federal law. Murder is not a federal crime unless committed against the president or a member of congress. Other federal crimes such as bank robbery and kidnapping across state lines are not at play here. Why they are involved is anyone's guess.

"FBI Jurisdiction in Child Kidnappings

In the public eye—and even in some state and local law enforcement circles—there are common misconceptions about when the FBI can get involved in child kidnappings. That there has to be evidence a victim has been taken across state lines. Or that a ransom demand has to be made. Or that 24 hours must pass.

All are false.

Whether the case ends up being investigated and prosecuted at the local level or at the federal level, the Bureau will always leverage our investigative resources and technical assets to work hand in hand with state and local law enforcement agencies on cases involving the mysterious disappearance of a child. Our role is to help investigate the disappearance, recover the child, and apprehend the person or persons responsible."

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/investigating-child-abductions1

FBI is often involved in all sorts of major crimes where I am. They join in whenever asked, not for only specific types of crimes.

Because it has happened in more than one state maybe... That would be a reason for them to be called in. Must be a child predator online or a violent crime.

The FBI is the investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Justice, and its specific mission is constantly evolving. Currently, the FBI's focus is on stopping terrorism, corruption, organized crime, cyber crime and civil rights violations, as well as investigating serious crimes such as major thefts or murders.

Sometimes LE even participates in our forums. I've seen it on a few cases. And yes, they definitely read here. Websleuths has been instrumental in solving many cases, especially in the unidentified persons forum.

Absolutely. I have worked on the Nevada Sand Canyon UID case with 2 members who are verified cold case detectives there. I also worked a case here where ICE and HSI were looking for a child predator and one of the members is a verified HSI.

I was thinking maybe that is why the FBI is involved and it is on so many billboards. They do think it is someone that is traveling.

Yep a drifter....maybe a SK drifter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They have much more than what we see. We see 2 blurry images and a 3 word audio clip. They have a video that those stills were taken from, a much longer audio (that they said is the stuff nightmares are made of) and more than likely DNA. I don't think anyone would ever be arrested based on a look-alike to those 2 photos. It is going to be way bigger than that. These girls were murdered. There is evidence there.

I agree, I just don't like the way some of the information has been revealed or not revealed. I assume Libby's video/audio footage will be considered direct evidence, which is good.

FWIW. The FBI gets involved with kidnappings - it started with The Lindbergh Act.
Also, they have several specialized units available to support local LE. Computer forensics is one. I would expect them to have people on the case. But the press conference mentioned over 20 agents; I've never seen this level of involvement for a local crime.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Well, I am not positive about this being a "citable" source, but I will go ahead and post it, as it is informative.

Q: Does the FBI always get called in on kidnapping cases?

A: No, they do not automatically get involved. Sometimes if the department is small and does not have enough manpower to handle the case they may call them for help, or the Sheriff's office. Also they may get called if the case involves crossing state lines.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Careers-Police-1531/2009/9/Protocol-kidnapping-cases.htm

I agree, I just don't like the way some of the information has been revealed or not revealed. I assume Libby's video/audio footage will be considered direct evidence, which is good.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Almost looks like the back of an electrical motor to me. Not sure what it is.

abde5bc9fc3d0f4a14acaf6205675b5e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
It looks like the side of a walkie-talkie.

Also, for what it is worth--- I once had someone arguing with me that one missing person was getting help that 2 other local children were not. But, when I researched it, all 3 had FBI involvement. One wasn't getting preferential treatment, it was just a case she was following more, so it seemed like more. I think they get involved a good bit, now. Especially with our technological advances. Does anyone else watch the show "Hunted?" The resources available are just astonishing! I feel proud when they can track those runners! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member