IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids can be very loyal, but I could imagine a scenario where playing the odds could work in the victims' favor; For example, if one girl were to break free, the perp might let go of the second girl on the assumption that if he killed the second girl, the first one would and could easily ID him and/or bring back LE to the area rather quickly.

People keep going back to "How did 1 man control 2 people" which I think is ridiculous. Much more people have been controlled with far smaller ratios. Like 9/11 for example with just boxcutters. It probably happens on a smaller scale every day.

I am wondering about BG :
1) No one (that LE has told us about) saw him, even though there were other people in the park that day. That tells me that he was not there as a casual walker, but deliberately hid himself from other hikers. He probably did not use the trail at all until he got onto the bridge. As you hikers know, you can walk along a trail like the one in Delphi and not see a person or a forest animal that is 10 yards off to one side of the trail and keeping still. Especially if you're talking to someone while you're walking.
2) No one at the park heard him or the girls after they encountered him. This would be understandable if he had either disabled their voices right away (tape) or threatened them with something like a gun. That tells me that he came prepared. His pockets, and possibly his jacket, were not empty.
3) No one has seen him bearing signs of a fight with Libby (per her grandfather), at least not in the immediate aftermath of the crime. That tells me that (assuming her grandfather knew with certainty that she had fought the perp) he either lives alone, or with an older parent(s), or a really dense partner.
4) We know that he was, at least for part of the time, on private property. He must have known that it was private, due to signs and fences. What's the first thing you would think if you were trespassing on rural private property? The owner's dogs. If the owner(s) had one or more dogs with good instincts, you'd be in trouble. The owner could be in his bathtub at the time, but the dogs would be on you in a second. This might tell us that he knew darn well who in the area had what type of dog, if any, and if the dogs were typically outside. Of course, LE hasn't told us if any of the dogs close to the trail had alerted to BG.
5) If BG has ever been to a doctor or a dentist, it stands to reason that one of those people would recognize him. Maybe. Besides, where I live, every one of the medical/dental offices takes your picture before you are seen for the first time. It would be sweet if he had to go get medical or dental help now.
6) His driver's license picture. I wonder if the Indiana DMV saves those digitally? If they did, they could do a comparison.
Just my random mental output. And MOO.

Are you sure that was the context of the quote? I always thought he was referring to the general area...clean water, no garbage, nice for hiking.

I am no longer sure of the context. I know the land owner said it was pristine but I have it stuck in my head that LE said it as well.

I don't know now, just hoping someone can clarify?

What do you see in this? Even NASA has been fooled before .... sometimes a duck is just a duck. You are not going to find anything in those photos that the FBI hasn't already searched. If they thought there was something we would not be viewing them. I see a polar bear in the photo below.
55a3344758f61865008528fdb45861e1.jpg

( photo of the moon)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enlarge it and see what you can see.[emoji4]

I feel the same. I figure the best we can do, until more info comes available, is work to filter out the bad info and try to separate fact from speculation and fantasy. I'm thankful that WS is blocking references to the irresponsible junk from various blogs. That stuff creates rumors that some mistake for fact. I can only imagine what that does to the investigation.

Anyway, that's my 2-cent opinion! I'm so very much hoping for a break in the case so these two girls get justice.

Do you ever just feel like there's nothing left to sleuth? That's how I'm feeling. I've gone over the maps, hat/no hat, logo/no logo, NE/SW direction of the perp, creek/no creek, fanny pack and the dreaded possible white things under his coat till the cows come home. Praying that the LE personnel working on this case are given the strength, determination and will to carry on. I know they are tired and probably frustrated. I come from a long line of law enforcement. They don't get nearly the credit they deserve. I'm sure they are missing their families right now too. I wish there were something that we could do for them. Checking off--the plague has struck my household I'm afraid.

I am wondering about BG :
1) No one (that LE has told us about) saw him, even though there were other people in the park that day. That tells me that he was not there as a casual walker, but deliberately hid himself from other hikers. He probably did not use the trail at all until he got onto the bridge. As you hikers know, you can walk along a trail like the one in Delphi and not see a person or a forest animal that is 10 yards off to one side of the trail and keeping still. Especially if you're talking to someone while you're walking.
2) No one at the park heard him or the girls after they encountered him. This would be understandable if he had either disabled their voices right away (tape) or threatened them with something like a gun. That tells me that he came prepared. His pockets, and possibly his jacket, were not empty.
3) No one has seen him bearing signs of a fight with Libby (per her grandfather), at least not in the immediate aftermath of the crime. That tells me that (assuming her grandfather knew with certainty that she had fought the perp) he either lives alone, or with an older parent(s), or a really dense partner.
4) We know that he was, at least for part of the time, on private property. He must have known that it was private, due to signs and fences. What's the first thing you would think if you were trespassing on rural private property? The owner's dogs. If the owner(s) had one or more dogs with good instincts, you'd be in trouble. The owner could be in his bathtub at the time, but the dogs would be on you in a second. This might tell us that he knew darn well who in the area had what type of dog, if any, and if the dogs were typically outside. Of course, LE hasn't told us if any of the dogs close to the trail had alerted to BG.
5) If BG has ever been to a doctor or a dentist, it stands to reason that one of those people would recognize him. Maybe. Besides, where I live, every one of the medical/dental offices takes your picture before you are seen for the first time. It would be sweet if he had to go get medical or dental help now.
6) His driver's license picture. I wonder if the Indiana DMV saves those digitally? If they did, they could do a comparison.

All really great points. I wondered too, since Indiana is a conceal carry state, if he had a permit.

Are you sure that was the context of the quote? I always thought he was referring to the general area...clean water, no garbage, nice for hiking.

That is the way i understood him, Logan said that after the proprrty was released back to him that he went down a bit later and other then the crime scene tape that the area was STILL pristene, as if he couldn't tell anything had happened there, he seemed to be very upset about it, i can't imagine. Jmo

I just read a new article on the case today. In the article it says LE has a suspect but no arrest?

do you have a link? I have not heard or read this yet....

ETA... I think I misunderstood. I thought you meant you saw a new article today. I think you are referring to old news now. My apology.

That is the way i understood him, Logan said that after the proprrty was released back to him that he went down a bit later and other then the crime scene tape that the area was STILL pristene, as if he couldn't tell anything had happened there, he seemed to be very upset about it, i can't imagine. Jmo

Anyone know the size of the area that is taped off?

I liked the idea of the roadshow, the good intentions of such a show. Unfortunately, I am somewhat bothered by the fact that a captain shows up so unprepared that he doesn't know the dates and the times Abagail and Liberty were dropped of at the trail. It's as if he is just going through the motions and that doesn't inspire confidence if the ISP wants such a representation of their organization. The show had good intentions, I'll give them that much.

and he said they were dropped off by a parent....

Thanks for the clarification!

I have been avoiding asking this question for nearly three weeks:

The word "pristine" keeps coming back to haunt me. How can a crime scene be pristine when someone allegedly had to walk on in, drive on it, be soaking wet on in. What if someone is dragging something on it - surely that cannot be "pristine?"

Are we sure the girls were found on the ground?

I suspect the "pristine" condition came after they cleared the scene and left it cleaner than it was before they arrived. After sifting through debris, brush, whatever ... they probably raked and possibly broomed the area after the search for evidence. JMO

ETA
I see Elly Mae posted what may be better info. Feel free to disregard my thought on the condition being pristine before or after.

Yes Indiana does database their DL/ID photos. They also do facial recognition comparing them with other in-state and out-of-state DL/ID photos.

All really great points. I wondered too, since Indians is a conceal carry state, if he had a permit.

Yes Indiana does have a License To Carry A Handgun (concealed or open in view) but bad guys are not going to go through the expense and hassle to get one. (It requires money and being finger printed and a ISP background check) I'm not saying he was not in possession of a firearm, he could have been. We don't know yet. But in Indiana, carrying a gun without a license is only a misdemeanor unless you're a convicted felon or otherwise prohibited person.

A thought: ASSUMING Libby had her phone on full charge on going for the walk, (IMO she would have had full charge if had came from home and would be using it for pictures etc) and then the phone went dead later that day.... I would imagine Libby had a lot more recorded than one grainy video and one voice recording.. something must of drained the battery and I am assuming it was recording all along.

Do we know if her phone was recovered or if the recordings had been uploaded?

Yes, imagine that she gets a split second then hits record and then puts it in her back pocket where it sits and records until either the memory is all taken up, or it goes dead.

the phone was pinging all over town then it stopped. I wonder if the girls were taken elsewhere then brought back where they were found......

That's kind of the direction i'm leaning.

Did I read somewhere about a year ago that the FBI (and counter terrorism) had developed the technology to enhance photos that are low quality?

What I think I read they did, is take thousands of sharp photos, then gradually pixelate all of them...blurring them down. Then they used software to reverse-engineer the photos, got the statistical algorithm that allowed them then to take any (somewhat) blurred image and sharpen it up to show real features.

That has got to be in play right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member