IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.

“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. “We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does. We have not ruled out the possibility that it is a local person. Every time we clear somebody it gets us closer. We are confident that somewhere in the tips we have valuable information and every time we can eliminate one we can move on to the next.”

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/08/fbi-...ogether-profile-of-suspect-in-delphi-murders/

Sounds like LE are diligently working to find out who the perp is. It does NOT sound like they already know. IMO.

Sheriff Leazenby: “This one’s…got a whole twist to it that even I as a 30 year veteran have never (?) seen.”

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY[/video]

It could mean anything from SM to weird stuff left at the crime scene. It could just mean the video/audio evidence. Carroll County hasn't see all that many multiple homicides.

But the question that was posed was how long can someone be held without charges. It doesn't matter what the statute of limitations is or whether there is a bonding possibility. Thankfully, people still cannot be thrown in jail and held without charges indefinitely, except for some "enemy combatants". This is not that kind of case. Charges for something would have to be filed to continue holding someone. If those charges weren't specifically murder or something approaching that level, he would almost certainly be granted the opportunity to post bail.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
In most states it is 72 hours without charges.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sheriff Leazenby: “This one’s…got a whole twist to it that even I as a 30 year veteran have never (?) seen.”

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY[/video]

"...we lean toward the single individual that is pictured...

I'd guess the point he was making is that the brutal murders of two teens is something new compared to seniors being murdered by their grandchildren. I'm not sure where you're reading anything else into it.

JMO

It could mean anything from SM to weird stuff left at the crime scene. It could just mean the video/audio evidence. Carroll County hasn't see all that many multiple homicides.

What is the number for the tipline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the question that was posed was how long can someone be held without charges. It doesn't matter what the statute of limitations is or whether there is a bonding possibility. Thankfully, people still cannot be thrown in jail and held without charges indefinitely, except for some "enemy combatants". This is not that kind of case. Charges for something would have to be filed to continue holding someone. If those charges weren't specifically murder or something approaching that level, he would almost certainly be granted the opportunity to post bail.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Usually 48-72 hours. Depends on the judge and prosecutor sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a note: IMO, he (the Sheriff) didn't say "there's a twist in the case ." That takes his statement completely out of context. He's saying it's a "twist" compared to murders they've dealt with in the past IMO.

Am I alone in believing that? Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't think so.

I only keep bringing this up because taking the one word out of context completely changes its meaning. I listened to that entire interview and, to me, that one word was just not that significant.

I have the feeling there was something at the crime scene that is most unusual to find. I have no idea what that might be.

from Michael Stroup's interview with Sheriff Tobe Leazenby (phone interview with regard to the case) @9.03 hSheriff says "whole new twist about it that even I had never seen"]

https://youtu.be/K_ISwatrrpY

I'm responding to a post by seemsfishy - post #820. Here is the excerpt I'm commenting on:
"I should add, it seems funny that this guy was so bundled up with clothes, as the
temperature was in the 60's."

Actually, the high temperature for Feb 13th was 45, low was 25, partly cloudy. Abigail was in my opinion underdressed, which is not unusual for teens. They always tend not to wear coats/jackets when most folks would usually be wearing one. JMOO

Again, these are words out of context. Was he not just talking about seniors being murdered by grandchildren?

You've only posted one part of a larger statement he was making.

Or am I missing your point?

Sorry, I just like to stick to the intended meaning of something. Just the facts.

JMO

I'm not going to generate a transcript of the entire interview.

The interview is posted for those who want to listen to it and make up their own minds.

My understanding of what he said and your understanding clearly differ. That's okay. Differences of opinion are allowed.

I agree, and I think that Sheriff Leazenby's sighs and "ums" exist in his phone interview with Michael Strobe (link on this thread somewhere...) because he is not used to hiding so much info that it can make him look dumb. He's not dumb, and neither is the ISP. MOO.

Sheriff may not be too keen on an interview with Leazenby. If you find a previous video about this case that has the "sketches", made by Leazenby, and read his comments below the video, he pretty much slams LE. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_h3g043IdYk

McCain said the cameras would likely cover the entrances and exits to the trails. He’s not sure how many cameras will go up on the ten mile trail system.

“To put a full camera system along ten miles of trails is near impossible because we don’t have electricity most places,” McCain said.

McCain said there are about 74 benches on the trails and he’d like to put a number on every one of them. That’s roughly one every 500 feet, according to McCain. His hope is that, if someone needs to call police while on the trails, they can point out exactly where they are.

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/08/delphi-task-force-launched-to-improve-trail-safety/

I'm responding to a post by seemsfishy - post #820. Here is the excerpt I'm commenting on:
"I should add, it seems funny that this guy was so bundled up with clothes, as the

Actually, the high temperature for Feb 13th was 45, low was 25, partly cloudy. Abigail was in my opinion underdressed, which is not unusual for teens. They always tend not to wear coats/jackets when most folks would usually be wearing one. JMOO
JMO but I don't think BG would have risked wearing anything that could have called attention to him that day. He looks like a normal hiker to me, and lots of people tend to dress in layers where the weather is unpredictable.

I have the feeling there was something at the crime scene that is most unusual to find. I have no idea what that might be.

from Michael Stroup's interview with Sheriff Tobe Leazenby (phone interview with regard to the case) @9.03 hSheriff says "whole new twist about it that even I had never seen"]

https://youtu.be/K_ISwatrrpY
I take it to just mean the audio/ video evidence. That's a pretty big twist compared to other cases. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

(I wanted to reply to websight's post but didn't know how)
Is this what you are looking for? First time posting I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...ore-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/

The recording was longer than what has been released. Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation, but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it.

“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter.

That's it! I finally found it tonight, but had not yet gotten to your post. Thank you for your effort. Now I know I am not completely bonkers yet.

Ya I have seen multiple comments here and other places on the web/SM where people have stated it was 60-65 and i'm like what the heck are you talking about? It was in the 40's! big difference

edited to add: I'm a tall skinny guy I hate the cold lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member