IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you for calling it in and being persistent. Even the smallest detail could break this case. I see you're in Iowa - do you have connections to Indiana?

I followed the Evansdale case here in Iowa since the beginning. I'm hoping this case is connected.

One thing I've never understood is the small section that was cordoned off on RL's property during evidence finding.

I felt that much more area should have been secured.

RL traipsing all over the place with reporters could have tainted any other evidence on the property. At one time RL and a reporter stood feet from the yellow tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's his property, he didn't walk doen himself till hours after it was released back to him, the man was heart broken about what had happened in what he said is his backyard, which it is. He can take any one back there he wants.

Years ago the neighbor shot himself in the back bedrrom, his son charged the neighborhood kids a quarter to see the bullet hole in the ceiling. Private property he can do what he wants.

Wait....so are we allowed to sleuth RL here? Where do we stand on that, if someone can bump rule on him as I try and catch up?

No. we can discuss and link to the court charges against him in regards to getting arrested for violation of probation, but we cannot sleuth him nor assert or speculate about him being involved in this case.

Hold onto your hats.

So far, we only know that a person named RL is being held due to probation violation. Let's not totally tar and feather this guy without full knowledge of what is involved here.

The public document is available. Read it, mentally tuck it away, and wait to see what transpires, but do NOT make accusations or speculate at this point in time. Big leap from some alcohol infractions to murder, so keep your cool.

First bump.... second one coming momentarily...

:bump:

You can post the court links and discuss the charges.

You CANNOT sleuth this individual relative to Abby's and Libby's murders, as no indication of his involvement has been released. On the contrary, he was cleared. More than likely, in the course of investigating him, these unrelated violations came to light. So, as Sillybiily said, cool your jets.

If it gets out of hand, substantial Time Outs WILL be issued on the spot. You've now been warned.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

ETA: For the umpteenth time, leave the FB gossip ON FB!

TIA for your cooperation.

second bump...

we can discuss RL as the property owner.

we can discuss RL in relation to his own probation violation charges.

we cannot discuss or sleuth RL in relation to BG.

just bumping once every few pages for now.

One may actually be on unsupervised probation, with the only 'rule' is not getting into trouble again while on probation. I learned this when my oldest son decided to try the stick instead of the feather, IYKWIM. EVery probation can Be different. Sorry, my ipad doesn't work like it used to, keeps reloading

I also have an older iPad. To read on WS I have to go to Settings, to Safari, down to Advanced and then turn off Java Script. However to look at some pictures, FB, etc then I go back in and put Java Script back on. It does stop the constant reloading. Perhaps it will help.

Going to take a break for a bit and clean my house...hopefully it will clear all this clutter from my brain too. I want to get inside the perp's head. Why am I choosing a public trail in broad daylight to abduct two girls? Where do I take them from there if I don't want to be caught? Why do I leave their bodies somewhere where I know they'll be found fairly quickly? I need to step back for a bit.

One of our sleuthers was able to trace the outline of a gun exactly the spot you are examining. I wish I could remember the approx thread because there was a lot of discussion about what type of gun, was that the only weapon etc. Does anyone have that image they could share? Thanks!

Look at my first post, I'm on an iPad I cannot get the image. Sorry.

One may actually be on unsupervised probation, with the only 'rule' is not getting into trouble again while on probation. I learned this when my oldest son decided to try the stick instead of the feather, IYKWIM. EVery probation can Be different. Sorry, my ipad doesn't work like it used to, keeps reloading

It's not your IPad. Mine was doing the same so I switched to Tapatalk on my phone[emoji4]

From March 6th:

"Every single tip we're looking into," he said. If we get a name from somebody, then we're looking into that person ... We're only clearing [someone] if we're 100 percent sure they had an alibi."

Gomez said that "one of the biggest challenges that occurs when you have a case like this — where you're moving as fast as possible, operating 24 hours a day with vast amount of resources — is coordinating and collating all of the tips that you are receiving and the results of the investigative work that you are conducting to be able to analyze and cross-reference all of that information."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigat...ious-murder-enters-4th-week/story?id=45937133

second bump...

we can discuss RL as the property owner.

we can discuss RL in relation to his own probation violation charges.

we cannot discuss or sleuth RL in relation to BG.

just bumping once every few pages for now.

GGE, you are a know it all sleuther and I like that. I have read thru your posts and your very informative, thank you. It's refreshing.

second thought in reading Oba Chandler's story: it is effortless for a criminal to lie and deny while it takes everything for LE to prove the caught the right guy. So give LE some time and trust. Oba kept lying until the day of his execution, he wrote: you kill an innocent guy. But 3 ys after his death LE yet tracked his DNA to another murder case. That is how hard LE has to work to convict a killer!

OT but I saw a couple pages back someone was asking about their page looking weird. I figured someone would answer but then I didn't see it so hopefully I'm not repeating but this happened to me as well and I was able to fix mine by clicking "Full Site" or something similar (I don't see it now bc I'm back to normal) but I believe it was just on or near the bottom of the funky looking page. Hope this helps, I'm using Chrome and Windows 10 if that matters.

Carry on!

I followed the Evansdale case here in Iowa since the beginning. I'm hoping this case is connected.

I've always thought they might be connected. I know LE doesn't know yet if they are, but I still think there's a good chance they are.

<modsnip>I'm worried about his little dog. I always worry about the children and pets of people who are arrested. They're innocent victims who can't understand.

I work for an animal shelter that is also Animal Law Enforcement. When someone is arrested and there is no one else in the home to care for animals, LE will call ALE and we'll pick up the animals and hold them and give them a chance to reclaim when bonded out, etc. or we'll allow someone to claim the animals the arrested person designates. For smaller municipalities where LE is also ALE or similar, I imagine they would do something similar.

Good Morning :sunshine:

Did a little tidy-up in the thread, so if your post has disappeared, it was part of that process.

This concept is fairly simple:

You ARE allowed to discuss the property owner's arrest because it is public information.

You are NOT allowed to sleuth his personal life or his family or make accusations against them. So, don't use the public information as a stepping stone to start making accusations.

Please keep off-topic posts to a minimum (personal stories, computer issues, etc can be shared through personal messaging)

Websleuths does not allow discussion about religion ... it goes nowhere. This is a crime sleuthing forum ... the odd OMG, or "oh, for god's sake" or "God bless", etc are pretty standard interjections. Don't derail the thread discussion by snarking and sniping or complaining about them.

We also do not get into the social justice issues (i.e. death penalty or gun laws). There will always be disagreement on those issues, and those disagreements will never be brought into accord on a crime sleuthing forum. Websleuths can't fix the entire world. (I dunno though, knowing Tricia, she might have that pencilled in on her list of things to do next week ;))

As much as we appreciate the intent, members should not try to moderate the thread. That is what Mods and Admin are here for. Please just use the Alert feature and let us handle it.

Hope that helps clarify some of the issues (or everyone is sitting there scratching their heads ??)

Sillybilly
WS Admin

My wife is from Carroll County, word travels very fast in those parts, and even faster about the girls. I think if they thought this guy had anything to do with it, and they went in and arrested him, that the whole town would know about it already. We have been getting a lot of our info from my wifes parents, who still live in Carroll County, and I talked to them earlier and they said all is quiet in Carroll County tonight. I was also told a couple of other things that most of the town speculates happened to the girls, but I don't want to spread rumors or give out any info that hasn't been verified by LE yet.

One thing that I will comment on, I was told that the area this occurred, is a very good morel mushroom hunting spot. For anyone not familiar with that, morel mushrooms are very tasty mushrooms, that pop up at the beginning of spring in the woods. here in Central Indiana, you'll see people just randomly walking the woods with grocery bags or sacks, hoping to find them. There are probably a lot of local people who are familiar with the wooded areas around the bridge, just because it is a good public spot to hunt mushrooms. It's probably a bit early for anyone to have been mushroom hunting already, but someone who does their mushroom hunting in the area might be very familiar with the terrain.

Interesting. Mushroom foraging actually came up in Holly Bobo's case, because iirc it was mushroom hunters who found her remains.

Someone had posted the duck hunting boots upstream which I think could be legit, if not booties, jmo.

<modsnip> I'm worried about his little dog. I always worry about the children and pets of people who are arrested. They're innocent victims who can't understand.

<modsnip>I'm sure any animals will be taken care of by someone if applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413