IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Anyway, it makes me feel bad if he's innocent, but it is LE who is leading on that they are potentially suspicious of him or whatever because "things are not adding up" so they need to investigate further. We are only sleuthing based off LE's recent comments and actions re the latest SW, etc. I haven't committed to him being guilty of anything, just waiting to see where the evidence takes LE, fairly and neutrally. Hoping for some word from them Monday!

I'm 'home' when my tires hit the little road leading to my house. I'm 'home' when I'm standing in my front yard.

Someone stated a few posts ago house and home are a euphemism for the physical structure and also the land. I agree with that.

Also he's lived there for several decades. I'd suspect he sees all of, including the land, as his home. MOO

I'm not a big fan of reporters these days. I'd really like to see a video of him saying this.

Like you, I'm not always a fan of reporters, but here's the link to the video (approx :50 mark, I think).

[video=youtube;lf7iYJFw-tE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf7iYJFw-tE&index=169&list=PLbU9zHKD2wzCq_1rlTvhVDEOVtxlm0wWw[/video]

* ETA: I'm usually behind... it seems my posts appear 4 pages after discussion has ended. Sorry, if this was already posted. Also, JMO but "currently" I feel bad for RL. I need lots more info before I'll put him a suspect category. And, as always, it's important to add... I've been wrong before.

I still think it's that spot. I cannot find another spot near a bridge that fits that. Looking at those wires I think they are very much higher than the trees and the bridge and are simply not visible on Google earth. I gave up with tired eyes too, LOL

To the right of the spot and above the words Deer Creek ( on the other side of the creek) there is a definite white line running shoreline.. and it seems to peak out through the trees heading and angling back to the shore
24bc5fdca654f14961bc01cd20c9639a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please do not post screenshots from Facebook. It is against TOS.

Thanks,
Tricia

Because if he did violate the terms of his probation a year ago, but it was not caught/reported to the court, then LE could be asking the probation court to bring this charge so as to hold him now using this clause (2A).

As an example: It could be that during his probation he was driving and was pulled over and given a ticket for driving without a license ("officer, I must have left it at home"). They don't generally check at that time. So, now, wanting to find a reason to hold him LE searches their data base and find that RL was, in fact, violating his probation by driving (or he wouldn't have gotten a ticket in the first place).

Because they want him held for a reason. Anyone can be taken into "protective custody." RL might not qualify for that. So, they may want him held for other reasons. :eek:hwow:

Please correct me if I am wrong here! Seriously, as I want to understand.

SBM - sorry I should've read further - you now understand what I was saying, yep! And expanded on it, and applied it to the situation at hand i a way that IMO is quite possibly exactly what is happening here.

snipped part of cloud's post..

I wonder WHY LE has not (that we know of) asked this woman for a description...had a sketch done.. etc....she may be the only other witness to this '''man''' besides Libby
MOO

I'm sure they have asked her for a description, and I personally don't understand why some people don't think LE is doing their job.

Whoa.. okay I need to apologize for this post. I went and showered and whatnot and came back and was looking for my place in the thread and re-read it, and it totally comes off like I'm being mean-spirited/rude when all it read like to me at the time was neutral/matter of fact... I heard my tone of voice saying it in my head as I was writing it and knew I was "saying" it nicely, like helping a peer study for a test or something... but now reading it, it sounds like a mean old teacher lecturing: :snooty:

I'm really sorry about that. I just have a matter of fact personality and have worked years to try to reign in my emotions when they're not relevent to a situation, but it comes off harsher sometimes I think. :shame: sorry again.

Okay, GGE, since that post was in response to my (Websight) myriad of questions, I am going to tell you that I did not hear any mean old teacher!

But, I tell you what, let's pretend that you are guilty, since you feel bad and all. As punishment you are now required to go back to post # 140 and read my very long dissertation that I wrote in response to the "offending" post. :happydance: Oh, and you have to respond so that I know that you read it!!

ETA: man these threads move fast! I see that you have read AND responded, before I even finished typing this post! THX, you are a star

I don't want to come off as rude in this post, or sounding like I'm slamming other people's opinions, I promise that's not my intentions. It's just that I honestly & truly don't see how anyone can look at those images of BG, look at RL and possibly think they could be the same person. I can see how some may think he was directly involved in the murders, I get how some could think he maybe helped someone or is covering for someone, but when I look at the person on that bridge (BG) the one thing I feel sure of is he's not in his 70's & that is not RL. JMO! :runaway:

I was just thinking it would be great to get a body language expert's option of R.L's TV interviews.

Please do not post screenshots from Facebook. It is against TOS.

Thanks,
Tricia

(Sounds like you might need to pull up a chair...:biggrin: )

Thanks again for having us here, Tricia and keeping this place clean.

Like you, I'm not always a fan of reporters, but here's the link to the video (approx :50 mark, I think).

[video=youtube;lf7iYJFw-tE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf7iYJFw-tE&index=169&list=PLbU9zHKD2wzCq_1rlTvhVDEOVtxlm0wWw[/video]

* ETA: I'm usually behind... it seems my posts appear 4 pages after discussion has ended. Sorry, if this was already posted. Also, JMO but "currently" I feel bad for RL. I need lots more info before I'll put him a suspect category. And, as always, it's important to add... I've been wrong before.

Interesting--he says "ON your own house, your own home."

(And I'm with you regarding not seeing him as a suspect without more definitive evidence. I know better than to trust my feelings, but that is my currently feeling, based on what we have seen so far. JMO)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will look into this more later. I do not see a past probation violation charge but it does show that this two year probation sentence ws stacked on top of a previous probation sentence, both for DUI etc. They ran consecutively. That much is shown clearly -

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...qVTBNelV4TnpFNU1UTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhPR0k9In19

"
Probation
Term: 2 Yr
Suspended: 2 Yr
Consecutive with Prior Sentence: 08D01-1312-FD-107
"

that prior sentence case number can also be looked back up ,which I wlil do again later. It's been a few threads since I"ve laid it all out.
I found the post by abeaman02. I have no idea if this is accurate but I remembered reading it and thinking it may explain why he may still be on probation and/or suspended license:

"I hoping by linking this I can clear up the question of why RL's License would still be suspended. If you go back to the "My case link"

http://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/Search

and enter case #08D01-1312-FD-000107 you will see he was first arrested on 11/28/2013 and at his trial on 9/15/2014. His license is suspended for 1 year but in between while waiting to be sentenced. He was pulled over again on 2/21/2014 (ref case 08D01-1402-FD-000016). At the sentencing for that case on 10/8/2014 he is given another 2 years license suspension to run consecutively with the previous suspension. Since he already served 30 days of that suspension the current suspension would not end until 9/15/2017...
IMO ...Does this make sense
:lookingitup:"

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am stating my take on the case. I tend to be pretty quiet most times... but I feel like I have to have my say on things, I feel pretty strongly about this one, and I have for a long while. Sorry this is so long!

At the start of the investigation, LE throws as wide of a net as possible to include as many suspects as possible, so that they can be more assured that the real suspect is included. They accomplished this by a few notable methods: repeatedly asking for tips, setting up a reward, placing electronic billboards far and wide... etc. of course, they also have suspects based in facts of the case - and RL for example would certainly be included due to the fact the bodies were found on his property.

Early in the investigation, they were calling for people who had seen a hitchhiker, or someone carrying a knapsack IIRC. If RL did have a suspended license they may have been trying to find a witness that saw him (because they assumed he wasn't driving) or, he told them he hitchhiked to Lafayette, if that was his "alibi". So, it seems possible that LE was intensely interested in RL from the early days, although that is just a possibility.

Strikingly, we have numerous, numerous, numerous, public appearances by one person, RL. How odd, but! not uncommon that the criminal actually takes to the media and tries to control the story. We at WS have seen this in the past, have we not?

So, fast forward, and we now have a big new investigation into RL's property, including impounding his vehicle for forensics, a long and involved search warrant for items on his property, and in his home. This comes after an initial search of his property that was done weeks ago. Add to this, LE hauled him into custody on a probation violation.

I came to read about this case for the first time after the video stills and the voice capture had been released. But the very first thing I viewed about this case was a news report with an interview of RL within it. The next thing I did was look at earlier news reports that did contain the pictures and the link to the voice capture. As soon as I heard the voice capture, while looking at the stills, I got chills. I was convinced that RL fit the picture and sounded just like the voice... and here we are. I am usually the LAST person, or close to it on the forum to jump on a suspect. I tend to hold out until thee is solid irrefutable evidence. but I got chills, actual chills when I saw them. So I am going with my gut in this one, and really, LE's actions have done nothing whatsoever to dissuade me!

IMHO YMMV
I somehow missed your post. I think it's a very good summary. I have been uncomfortable with his eager interviews since day one. I could see the first interview, he's still processing what happened on his land, media catches him off guard etc...

But that last one? He dressed up for it. It annoys me when people want to get their own 15 minutes of fame at the cost of a horrific tragedy. This doesn't make him guilty of course, but for me I have less sympathy if it's his constant camera seeking that has brought this negative attention onto himself.

Early on so many veteran WSers made comments like: When they catch this guy we are all going to be surprised at who it is (or words to that affect).

To me, what's more surprising than the 77 year old man on whose property these children were found?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I don't want to come off as rude in this post, or sounding like I'm slamming other people's opinions, I promise that's not my intentions. It's just that I honestly & truly don't see how anyone can look at those images of BG, look at RL and possibly think they could be the same person. I can see how some may think he was directly involved in the murders, I get how some could think he maybe helped someone or is covering for someone, but when I look at the person on that bridge (BG) the one thing I feel sure of is he's not in his 70's & that is not RL. JMO! :runaway:

What is funny is that when I first looked at them I could not understand why anyone couldn't see the similarities that I did! Lol, opinions... we all have one. I can say that I know after hours and hours of laboring over grainy photos on WS that to see finer detail than what I think I see is futile. What I can see is someone who has a similar build, is a similar size, holds his body in a similarly fashion, dresses in a similar way and in no way could I conclude the photos and RL as definitely different people. And the voice just clinches it for me.
Opinions, everyone has them, that is all.

I think it is the spot too, but not confident enough to add it to the case map because of those persky power lines, if I could just spot a pole, like you I gave up too. Logically it also makes sense, If as NiN posted Abby lived just 1/8 mile down N 625 W. I always had a favourite fishing spot not far from home, I used to fish, I'd go as often as I could as a teen, especially in the nice weather.

Someone needs to go fishing down there!

I somehow missed your post. I think it's a very good summary. I have been uncomfortable with his eager interviews since day one. I could see the first interview, he's still processing what happened on his land, media catches him off guard etc...

But that last one? He dressed up for it. It annoys me when people want to get their own 15 minutes of fame at the cost of a horrific tragedy. This doesn't make him guilty of course, but for me I have less sympathy if it's his constant camera seeking that has brought this negative attention onto himself.

Early on so many veteran WSers made comments like: When they catch this guy we are all going to be surprised at who it is (or words to that affect).

To me, what's more surprising than the 77 year old man on whose property these children were found?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the interviews... if there were nothing else, that alone would cast a lot of suspicion upon him. One interview, ok. But to participate, lead the reporters on tours, dress up etc, yes, this is controlling the narrative and goes way beyond normal, imho.

The power lines don't bother me anymore. I was able to see them and not see them out on the road in the helicopter video. At first I was looking for towers that carried them but the poles are not that big.

MOO
The issue is that power lines are not often run through treed areas like that because the lines can easily be brought down by limbs blowing around in the wind or if limbs get weighed down by heavy wet snow or ice. Usually there is a clear cut in the vicinity. And in this particular area it is known that there are power poles on the roads on each side of this creek so there isn't a need to have wires crossing it. This is what makes locating where the photo was taken problematic. Any of the people that have been at the bridge can chime in if they actually saw wires crossing the creek. That would help tremendously.

I found the post by abeaman02. I have no idea if this is accurate but I remembered reading it and thinking it may explain why he may still be on probation:

"I hoping by linking this I can clear up the question of why RL's License would still be suspended. If you go back to the "My case link"

http://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/Search

and enter case #08D01-1312-FD-000107 you will see he was first arrested on 11/28/2013 and at his trial on 9/15/2014. His license is suspended for 1 year but in between while waiting to be sentenced. He was pulled over again on 2/21/2014 (ref case 08D01-1402-FD-000016). At the sentencing for that case on 10/8/2014 he is given another 2 years license suspension to run consecutively with the previous suspension. Since he already served 30 days of that suspension the current suspension would not end until 9/15/2017...
IMO ...Does this make sense
:lookingitup:"

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
So by saying he was going to buy tropical fish he was driving on a suspended license.
Unless he rode into Lafayette with someone else?
I think I am keeping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member