IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An alcoholic is not necessarily drunk all the time. I think that's a big misconception. My ex was one and in the whole 13 years I was with him he never missed a day of work unless he had the flu. My uncle was also an alcoholic and he carried himself well. Their tolerance was high, very high.
yes, they are highly functional drunks. I lived with one for years.

My tapatalk keeps crashing my phone when i scroll back past 10 pages. What is the rape comment all about? If anyone can pm or let me know id appreciate :/

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I agree with this happening in Indiana there is a good chance there is a drug angle. (Thank you for serving btw.)
I have seen RL in interviews say he does not recognize BG. If BG is someone he has seen before, someone who used or stored something in his barn or borrowed his truck, then he has withheld info from LE. I still tend to think of him as a victim but why would LE have to lock him up to do a thorough search? Would he not allow them to come and search?
I'm still thinking there was more than one, maybe more than 2 and that at least one of them was on RL's place, was known to RL, but BG is someone he had not seen. However that leads me back to why RL would have to be locked up for LE to search his place. And I think the arrest was calculated strategically. So maybe there is a consideration that if it were known that RL had worked with LE on some evidence discovered there, his life could be in danger from other members of the gang/ring. So by arresting him they are removing any reason for someone to seek retaliation.

I'm struggling with this. I would rather think it was not him, but why did the police say, according to local news source, they didn't believe there was any danger to the community shortly after the bodies were found? Makes no sense to me the LEOs didn't know early on who & that person was known to them based on the no danger statement.

Alcoholics all behave the same? I don't think that's true having known a few.
Of course not.
My own mother can be several different personalities in a day while she is drinking

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

what makes you think the girls "smelled" something??
O/T: I'm beginning to smell "burnt toast"- sign of stroke right? It is even stronger now that this basketball game is over. I think of that every time I see your name [emoji2]

Time to get some house work done. Hoping for a press release soon to at least move one way or another with RL. Despite his criminal background and alcoholism, it truly would be sad if he has no involvement and his reputation is further tarnished. I have a feeling we won't hear anything for at least a couple weeks while waiting for results of any lab evidence to come back. JMO.

Appreciate reading everyone's thoughts here. My theories have shifted quite a bit, often prompted by a poster's insight here. It is nice to know so many share compassion toward Libby and Abby and their families.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So, when was the last time LE made a public plea for more tips or info? They have gotten pretty quiet I think.

You're right- in most states you can drive on your own property without a license. I did when I was nine. But having both been raised on a farm, and recently (decades later) shopped for a new 4x4 myself, this seems like a crazy-expensive vehicle for a 77-yr-old to purchase just to drive around his barns and lanes. I mean he could, but I'm just looking at likelihood. There are older vehicles with plenty of hp for towing, that you'd use to boondock around your own acreage. Just not convinced that somebody else might not have parked or stored their vehicle at RL's place. Not entirely convinced it's his. I've had a friend's truck stored in my yard (back acreage) for the winter before. jmo, just brainstorming...

I posed this question last night still don't know the answer as to whether or not it was RL's truck. It was parked in the same place on the 10th. as on the 18th. at the property across from RL's...if this is the same truck? Not sure if my quote comes through correctly.

I understand that the property they searched across from RL"s on the 10th. is empty is this correct? I mentioned earlier that they may have possibly found something there which may have triggered this search.

The vehicle they towed away is that the same truck that was parked at that property? If so does it belong to RL? Perhaps someone else just parks it there. TIA

I'm struggling with this. I would rather think it was not him, but why did the police say, according to local news source, they didn't believe there was any danger to the community shortly after the bodies were found? Makes no sense to me the LEOs didn't know early on who & that person was known to them based on the no danger statement.

I am hard pressed to recall an instance where LE didn't attempt to reassure the public. Do you have the specific news article or video where LE states that? I'd be really curious to see/read.

I wondered about this. I have seen comments from people who "worked with" him and also he listed his occupation as a "laborer" for "Eli Lilly" on one of his marriage licenses.

I think the farm did not supply an income, or at least not a primary source of income.

IMO and being a fellow Hoo... er BOILERMAKER (I am a Purdue girl and will NEVER call myself that awful H word) 40 acres isn't really what we call a farm. A hobby farm, possibly

Just trying to offer some insight into the area, etc.

The most powerful word to convey how he felt might have been more about the loss of those children than how he felt effected by the fact that his property in the woods was the crime site. IMOO

He has already expressed how terrible it was for the girls to have been murdered.
What more can he say?
He has a right to acknowledge his own experience. imo.

If a truck is on a farm it doesn't necessarily mean it's a "farm truck" as in driving through cow pastures, etc.

That's what I've been *driving* at (pun intended.) In the rural areas I've lived in (many) "farm truck" and "work truck" describe vehicles that are actually used for hauling, towing, etc. They usually need to be powerful, not necessarily new or pretty. They may or may not leave the property, if we're talking farming or ranching. But usually, in my experience, pickups that are big/fancy/pretty/new/expensive/loaded with options are owned by folks with plenty of disposable income OR someone with an ego that needs to go into debt to drive a truck like that.

So, I first of all was wondering how new this truck is. Because it looked newer to me, and is in good shape (no visible rust/dents etc.) Usually, a work truck gets pretty banged up pretty quick. Not collision-dented, but scratches, door-dents, rocker-panel rust, etc. But I haven't been able to tell from Ford and auto sites which model year this matches.

1. If it's older, maybe it's RL's, he bought it new(unused), and he considers it a big investment that he takes really good care of, But it doesn't look like he's using it much on his farm. Too clean and unscathed. Which also fits in with the idea that maybe his license has been suspended for while, he hasn't been driving it much, therefore less wear and tear.

2. If it's newer, and he bought it as a work truck, that would explain why it looks so nice even if it's being used on a farm, but I'm just surprised that a farmer his age would have the funds to do that, and would be willing to if he couldn't even drive it to town. (I know, I don't know anything about his finances, but I know from first-hand rural experience that most small farmers- 40 acres being pretty small, in farming- don't have that kind of cash flow.) Usually new F250s are bought by somebody with income other than that from a small farm...

3. So, there's the option that it's not his, and not used on the farm. It's being parked or stored there. Which is what I've been brainstorming about...

j.m.o. lots of Sweeping Generalizations, acknowledged.

p.s. I've since seen a couple of your guess this to be an early 2000s model (thanks for your replies), which reduces the likelihood of my option #1.

Of course not.
My own mother can be several different personalities in a day while she is drinking

Maybe I misread your point, which is entirely possible. My head is spinning & im trying to cook. Apologies.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authorities-serve-search-warrant-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/

From article:

"DELPHI, Ind. – Indiana State Police, the FBI and Carroll County sheriff’s deputies are serving a search warrant Friday in connection with the murders of two Delphi teens ...

Logan is being held right now on a probation violation unrelated to the case. Investigators said they were looking for evidence that would link or clear Logan in the girls' deaths. Police said Logan is not considered a suspect at this time..."

If you watch the video til the end, a LE official states that RL has been advised by a lawyer to remain silent on the case.

I wondered about this. I have seen comments from people who "worked with" him and also he listed his occupation as a "laborer" for "Eli Lilly" on one of his marriage licenses.

I think the farm did not supply an income, or at least not a primary source of income.

Being that he is 77, if he worked for Eli Lily for more than a few years, he is most likely now living on a very generous pension.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authorities-serve-search-warrant-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/

From article:

"DELPHI, Ind. – Indiana State Police, the FBI and Carroll County sheriff’s deputies are serving a search warrant Friday in connection with the murders of two Delphi teens ...

Logan is being held right now on a probation violation unrelated to the case. Investigators said they were looking for evidence that would link or clear Logan in the girls' deaths. Police said Logan is not considered a suspect at this time..."
If someone was going through my house to try and link or clear me...id def feel like a suspect!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I really hating posting about their bodies being dragged and depending where from to where they were found could be one of the many reasons for the search going on. sigh.

Please post a link with information about bodies being dragged.

Maybe I misread your point, which is entirely possible. My head is spinning & im trying to cook. Apologies.
Maybe I did sound a little generalising at the end.
Think my point was just that what RL is saying shouldn't be analysed too much if he has problems with alcohol.

I am hard pressed to recall an instance where LE didn't attempt to reassure the public. Do you have the specific news article or video where LE states that? I'd be really curious to see/read.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timelin...iberty-german-and-abigail-williams-in-delphi/

3 p.m. Indiana State Police and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department hold a news conference confirming that the bodies found Tuesday are those of Liberty and Abigail. They say the case is being investigated as a double homicide.

They say they don’t believe there’s any immediate danger to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling