IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Powell - Fort Wayne's NBC
UPDATE: Ron Logan had an Evidentiary Hearing scheduled today on his Probation Violation Charge. I'm told it's been continued. His attorney tells me he remains in custody. You'll remember police searched Logan's property in Delphi Friday. It's the same property where two Delphi teens were found murdered. I asked police for an update on the search. I'm told they were there from 9:30 AM Friday until 11PM Friday. Investigators are still going over what they found. Logan has NOT been charged in connection to the deaths of the two girls. He remains in custody on the unrelated probation violation charge. They are still working on rescheduling the Evidentiary Hearing.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1263244483782700&id=113915508715609

From March 20th

My mind keeps going back to Indiana Packers Corporation. Transient workers? Ex-con's?

I can't imagine it's a huge leap to go from the brutal slaughter of animals to hurting people.

JMO, of course.

Once again I'm catching up on these posts.

JMO...
Your last sentence sparked my brain into high gear this morning, even though I know others have posted previously about what BG's possible employment could be. I don't recall this being mentioned before, but here goes.

He could be a farmer or a seasonal employee on someone else's farm. Not a migrant worker, but someone who works on a farm that grows crops. Mid February is usually downtime for crop farmers.

That took me to another place. He could work spring-summer-fall in building construction, at a garden center or landscaping company, or on a highway crew. (Now you're all going to be microanalyzing the stop/slow sign holders all summer!)

Seriously though, there are a lot of seasonal jobs someone could have where they could be outside on a Monday in mid February and not be missed by anyone.

JMO.

I understood that the crime scene had been cleared and released back to him by the time he went down and called it pristine. I'm not sure if I read that somewhere or came up with it on my own though, so JMO since I can't recall where that info came from.

That definitely would make sense, so no wonder he said it was "pristine."

I understood that the crime scene had been cleared and released back to him by the time he went down and called it pristine. I'm not sure if I read that somewhere or came up with it on my own though, so JMO since I can't recall where that info came from.

Yes thanks. RL said his property was released back to him late Wednesday, and he went to the crime scene Thursday morning. LE had been there for two days and I'm sure they cleared the area before they left.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/20/ptab.01.html

I can't imagine it's a huge leap to go from the brutal slaughter of animals to hurting people.
I can't imagine it's a huge leap to go from hurting yourself and repeatedly putting untold numbers of people in jeopardy of death or devastating injury to hurting people. I can't help but wonder how many folks would be looking at RL as a kindly grandpa if he had run over the 2 girls while driving drunk. As someone who has lost family members to drunk drivers, I can tell you it is not a trivial thing.

I can't imagine it's a huge leap to go from hurting yourself and repeatedly putting untold numbers of people in jeopardy of death or devastating injury to hurting people. I can't help but wonder how many folks would be looking at RL as a kindly grandpa if he had run over the 2 girls while driving drunk. As someone who has lost family members to drunk drivers, I can tell you it is not a trivial thing.

Are you saying that people with DUIs are more capable of murder than those that don't get DUIs?

I think people get a little confused on distances. Football players can run 40 yards in just over 4 seconds, that's 120 feet. Fifty feet is not far at all. If they were drowned, I expect they were dragged away from the creek in order to avoid immediate detection by searchers.

They were found in 30 minutes!

I've never even heard of anything like that.

Started search at 11:45 am and they were found at 12:15 pm

And we keep hearing how tough the terrain is to move through.

-

Wonder if males in the area who called in sick that Monday, or did not return from lunch or took a half day off could be checked somehow...probably would have to be via public address by LE.

O/T slightly: As a novice here, I am trying to familiarize myself with "how and where" all things WS. I find the media/maps references posted at the top of each new Thread very helpful, and am extremely grateful to all of you that put the time in to collect and document that info. I am starting to conclude that because of the number of Threads/posts, even the Media Thread is becoming cumbersome, and has some duplication. Would it be possible to have the referenced posts organized by fact/question (example: "Is there DNA evidence?") and then collect all documentation/links that answer the question.

As I read it now, the Media link is somewhat chronological, as these Threads are (even with different "reading views" available) and is getting to be hard to look through. If I'm really missing the boat here, please enlighten me. I love learning new things :)

And, the irony of learning to sleuth WS is not lost on me ;)

I read that alot of the seasoned sleuthers keep a spreadsheet open and quickly copy links to MSM and LE statements and drop them in and use a column for exactly what you've described, "Libby's sister dropped them off" etc. That's how those speedy replies work I believe.

As far as I am aware LE has not said anything about a confrontation occurring before the video or anything about the bodies being moved.

I have seen some posts online that suggest otherwise, but suspect that the poster/s have their wires crossed.

This is the media source for those who believe the girls were confronted by the killer before the photo was taken.

"They published a grainy photo of a suspect on Feb. 15 and a week later said the photo was from German's cellphone, which she activated after being confronted by the killer."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...i-land-owner-has-april-3-court-date/99503060/

As it's not a quoted comment from LE, it's accuracy can be taken with a grain of salt. Perhaps someone might be interested in asking the reporter for their source however I expect it's a figment of creative writing.

O/T slightly: As a novice here, I am trying to familiarize myself with "how and where" all things WS. I find the media/maps references posted at the top of each new Thread very helpful, and am extremely grateful to all of you that put the time in to collect and document that info. I am starting to conclude that because of the number of Threads/posts, even the Media Thread is becoming cumbersome, and has some duplication. Would it be possible to have the referenced posts organized by fact/question (example: "Is there DNA evidence?") and then collect all documentation/links that answer the question.

As I read it now, the Media link is somewhat chronological, as these Threads are (even with different "reading views" available) and is getting to be hard to look through. If I'm really missing the boat here, please enlighten me. I love learning new things :)

And, the irony of learning to sleuth WS is not lost on me ;)

It sounds like you might want a subforum for this case. Many cases have their own subforums and then there are multiple threads within the subforum. Some examples are the LISK case, JonBenet Ramsey, Hailey Dunn, Lisa Irwin, Casey Anthony, Ross Harris, Steven Avery, and many other cases.

The subforum allows different topics to have their own thread and there is usually a media thread and a FAQ thread. The problem is that it is more to read and much more for the moderators to monitor.

My suggestion would be to PM a moderator or Tricia to see if that could be done in this case. I'm guessing they won't want to do it at this time since this thread has had a lot of problems already, but you can ask. HTH

That's a good point ghost brought up. They were found in just 15 minutes. I wonder where they started the search that morning. Couldn't have been under the bridge or they wouldn't have been found so found.

can we for a moment go back to the topic of the backpack mentioned by the police early on ? that has not been discussed much here at all that I'm aware of. Does anyone recall reading or hearing anything else from the police what that was all about? Did LE come right out and state that they have evidence or Reason to Believe The Suspect discarded a backpack or was that sheer speculation on their part? Here's a link to one of the articles that references the police asking for people to keep an eye out for the backpack.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/20/police-look-outside-delphi-suspect/98158706/

In am not saying the searcher(s) that found the bodies had anything to do with the deaths, but in some cases it is the perp that "discovers" a body. The perp grows anxious and wants the body to be found.

In am not saying the searcher(s) that found the bodies had anything to do with the deaths, but in some cases it is the perp that "discovers" a body. The perp grows anxious and wants the body to be found.

I agree here.

can we for a moment go back to the topic of the backpack mentioned by the police early on ? that has not been discussed much here at all that I'm aware of. Does anyone recall reading or hearing anything else from the police what that was all about? Did LE come right out and state that they have evidence or Reason to Believe The Suspect discarded a backpack or was that sheer speculation on their part? Here's a link to one of the articles that references the police asking for people to keep an eye out for the backpack.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/20/police-look-outside-delphi-suspect/98158706/

IMO, they had a good reason to tell people to keep on the lookout for a backpack or they would not have mentioned it. I'm thinking that one of the girls had one when they were dropped off and it was not found with the bodies.

MOO

IMO, they had a good reason to tell people to keep on the lookout for a backpack or they would not have mentioned it. I'm thinking that one of the girls had one when they were dropped off and it was not found with the bodies.

MOO

I think if they were.looking for the girls backpack they would have.given a description of it.

I have wondered as well about that, crickets on that subject since the beginning. I have wondered if it was something one of the girls had, drinks,snacks, etc. Also wondered if it was found on the other side of the creek from the bodies. Jmo

Are you saying that people with DUIs are more capable of murder than those that don't get DUIs?
Yes. I'd say people that have repeatedly shown a [FONT=&amp]conscious disregard for human life are more capable of murder than those that haven't.[/FONT]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/28/murder-charges-drunken-driving-rise.html

From that article:
[FONT=&amp]DUI meets the malice standard required for murder because it shows a conscious disregard f[/FONT][FONT=&amp]or human life.[/FONT]

I'm so lost.

Is RL the property owner that was previously cleared? TIA and apologies for being behind the times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413