IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what crime(s) against children teens and/or women (not an exhaustive list, sometimes drugs, robbery, other violence, domestic can be attached) has he committed before?
HUH? I don't understand your question. I was agreeing with the bold part in the post. "This guy is pure evil and as long as he remains free he could do to someone else what he did to those girls."

Wow, this sounds like a slow and massive undertaking. They'd need telecom records for IP addresses. You think they've got the resources dedicated to tackle that? I mean, you'd think so, but I've got my doubts they can just snap up all this info so easily, even the FBI.

I learned a lot from the Missy Bever case. LE brought in a special team from NYPD to intercept all phones used in a certain area:

"They said no one is better at doing that than the NYPD. They have been known to use sophisticated tracking devices called “Stingrays.” According to the American Civil Liberties Union, since 2008 the NYPD has used the technology in about 1000 cases.

The cell site simulators mimic cell towers.

“[A phone] will automatically connect to the Stingray without any control from the user. It mines data off the phone, very quickly,” said Pete Schulte, former police officer and criminal defense attorney."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/06/...xperts-to-assist-bevers-murder-investigation/

I read up on the Stringray. It can be used in places such as the Boston Marathon to ping every cell phone within a certain radius. It acts as a cell phone tower to intercept all cell phones.

https://www.nyclu.org/en/press-releases/nypd-has-used-stingrays-more-1000-times-2008

"Stingrays are surveillance devices that allow authorities to spy on cell phones in the area by mimicking a cell tower, and allow the police to pinpoint a person’s location and, in some configurations, collect the phone numbers that a person has been texting and calling and intercept the contents of communications. Stingrays also sweep up information from nearby bystander cell phones even when used to target specific phones. Authorities are able to conduct this surveillance without the involvement of cell phone companies; as the NYPD confirmed in its latest response to the FOIL request, it has no communications between the NYPD and wireless service providers regarding the use of Stingrays in any particular investigation or about the use of the technology in general."

As to WS, I pretty sure Tricia has said she would not hesitate to assist LE in anyway deemed necessary.

Many non-LE and non MSM sources are saying the exact same "rumors," so it's hard to disregard especially now that the killer(s) are getting away with it for so long. IF one girl was killed earlier than the other, that would definitely be a strategy for controlling the 2nd one (be quiet/compliant or I'll kill you too). and the fact that there were 2 victims (a lot to take on) and a month has gone by likely mean this guy [or guys] was well prepared, which is so creepy. It just AMAZES me that no one has turned this guy in. There must be clues, there must be someone who suspects him, there must be someone he's bragged to in person or online. It's really infuriating that he's getting away with it thus far. AAARGH.

That's how rumors spread and become facts according to some, because if you read it online it must be true. Add the Internet trolls and kooks to the equation and you have things like the scanner thread the other day.

Hey thanks. Here is a quick gif with red reference line. Will fine tune and clean it up later:

attachment.php

-Nin

Well does it look kinda like the "white thing" under his chin kinda goes up around his neck towards his right? Looks like I see part of it kind of go under the edge of his coat at the collarbone and then a bit sticking out up towards his shoulder/neck area. Maybe a scarf or some oversized clothing? I dunno, it looks kinda connected to me though. Maybe.

Also to me it really does look like a gun in the pocket for sure. And it seems he is starting to take his right hand out of the pocket but it could just be the different angle I suppose.

All the above is JMO. Sigh.

HUH? I don't understand your question. I was agreeing with the bold part in the post. "This guy is pure evil and as long as he remains free he could do to someone else what he did to those girls."

I was just jumping off your post and thinking out loud again about his potential past crimes.

To me it's like he's pulling something out of the brown waist bag. MOO

Well does it look kinda like the "white thing" under his chin kinda goes up around his neck towards his right? Looks like I see part of it kind of go under the edge of his coat at the collarbone and then a bit sticking out up towards his shoulder/neck area. Maybe a scarf or some oversized clothing? I dunno, it looks kinda connected to me though. Maybe.

Also to me it really does look like a gun in the pocket for sure. And it seems he is starting to take his right hand out of the pocket but it could just be the different angle I suppose.

All the above is JMO. Sigh.

Although this wasn't directed at me, I did post the original question to the poster who said that people in town did know the COD. It's imperative IMO to stick to the rules because often one of us jumps in the middle of a thread and when someone throws out a statement like people in town know the COD I take it as fact and something I missed while not online.

This rule is what separates us from sites who allow rumors...

"To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders."

That's what I like about Websleuths:-)

Otherwise it's not unheard of on poorly or unmoderated sites that up pops, say a cousin of the lead detective or somebody who claims to have inside information. Later it's obvious there's absolutely no truth behind it. What kind of people get a kick out of deceiving others I don't want to imagine but it happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what I've been saying.. I see exactly what u see. I even wrote on the pics in still image a few post back. I see it.... The white thing runs from the top to bottom of jacket and yes hand out of pocket

I learned a lot from the Missy Bever case. LE brought in a special team from NYPD to intercept all phones used in a certain area:

"They said no one is better at doing that than the NYPD. They have been known to use sophisticated tracking devices called “Stingrays.” According to the American Civil Liberties Union, since 2008 the NYPD has used the technology in about 1000 cases.

The cell site simulators mimic cell towers.

“[A phone] will automatically connect to the Stingray without any control from the user. It mines data off the phone, very quickly,” said Pete Schulte, former police officer and criminal defense attorney."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/06/...xperts-to-assist-bevers-murder-investigation/

I read up on the Stringray. It can be used in places such as the Boston Marathon to ping every cell phone within a certain radius. It acts as a cell phone tower to intercept all cell phones.

https://www.nyclu.org/en/press-releases/nypd-has-used-stingrays-more-1000-times-2008

"Stingrays are surveillance devices that allow authorities to spy on cell phones in the area by mimicking a cell tower, and allow the police to pinpoint a person’s location and, in some configurations, collect the phone numbers that a person has been texting and calling and intercept the contents of communications. Stingrays also sweep up information from nearby bystander cell phones even when used to target specific phones. Authorities are able to conduct this surveillance without the involvement of cell phone companies; as the NYPD confirmed in its latest response to the FOIL request, it has no communications between the NYPD and wireless service providers regarding the use of Stingrays in any particular investigation or about the use of the technology in general."

As to WS, I pretty sure Tricia has said she would not hesitate to assist LE in anyway deemed necessary.

Interesting.

REALLY?? So is he suggesting the is after anyone in pairs? MOO

I took it to mean that since 2 people were killed together that LE is assuming that 2 people could be overpowered again and possibly killed. I think it's a precautionary statement from LE because they haven't caught the perp. JMO

If Texas brought in a special NYPD team for the Missy Bevers case, maybe ISP should consider the same if this goes unsolved in the future.

Keep in mind also, this suspect may not be in any database. If he's a serial killer he has probably steered clear of any crimes that would lead to him being entered into a database. Perhaps he's had minor offenses in which he's had a summons or even a misdemeanor. Most serial killers are never identified There may be similar crimes committed that PD can compare but without a tip from someone they may not have anything. COD can really narrow down the suspect list and widen or narrow the suspect's home location. The COD leads investigators (and sleuthers) to understand exactly who this BG is.

I'm not sure if I understand your point so forgive me if I am not following correctly...most crimes that cause one to be entered into a database are serious crimes. The evidence in databases that connect or link offenders to evidence are things like ballistics, DNA, etc, which are usually the result of serious crimes. A speeding ticket may temporarily get your name added to a database but that isn't what's going to link evidence from a crime scene to a person. So to say a serial killer steers clear from crimes that get them linked to a database eludes me, as serial killers murder people...more than once.
Also, I'm not certain how the COD is going to link a particular person to a murder? Examples of COD are things like asphyxiation, blunt force trauma, drowning, etc. Cause of death is merely the explanation as to what mechanically caused the death, but it doesn't point to any particular person. COD is not scientific, physical evidence that links a suspect to a crime scene. People were asking yesterday if the funerals were open casket and their reasoning was that it could tell us whether or not the person died of blunt force trauma to the head??? Would an open casket show the back of anyone's head??? I don't think so. And even if the cause of death was revealed as blunt force trauma how on earth is that going to help us? It certainly tells us nothing of the killer's IDENTITY nor does it narrow down the suspect list for detectives in this case. Do you think they will say "Oh let's not bother looking at Mr. X for this murder because he usually shoots people whereas this guy suffocated this one".

There are many several girls in other cities of indiana that are missing... Every month from sept oct nov dec jan feb.. I stopped looking at sept, could go back farther...

there is soooo many unsolved murders or missing girls in other cities of Indiana and even other states close to IN for this reason IMO I believe that this is the work of a SK .. Who knows maybe he is evolving and taking on double victims ?? IMHO I still feel that there was something left at this crime scene that was the SK signature or possibly he took a trophy ?? IMO most SK are very intelligent and educated thus is how they evade LE . Also and this is just a theory IMO I wonder if BG had the girl record this ? If its a thrill killer they enjoy that stuff knowing that the family would hear that I mean there has been stranger things done by these psychopaths.. I don't know all just IMO try to think out of the box a bit..

Wasn't it verfied that the high that day was 43? That is not that warm and bridges tend to be windy/colder, imo.
When I went out today, it was about 45F (warmer than that now), and the light sweater I was wearing felt too warm within about 10 minutes. I think it's all relative. MOO

Originally Posted by michiganmod
REALLY?? So is he suggesting the is after anyone in pairs? MOO
I think he was just saying that the more people you're with there, the safer you are. At this time it may be that you're unsafe on the trails alone, and for safety you should be in a group of 3 or more people since just being with one other person didn't help the girls. MOO

Hey thanks. Here is a quick gif with red reference line. Will fine tune and clean it up later:

attachment.php

-Nin

As usual I'm far behind but I wanted to mention a random thought I had. I believe Nin's assessment is correct and it agrees with my thought that the second photo is slanted because Libby might have been in the process of putting her phone into a pocket in order to conceal it from the suspect. To be clear, this is only My Own Opinion but it seems to make sense based on what LE has said so far.

Furthermore, if I'm right and Libby was able to conceal her phone before the suspect realized she had one it would explain why he didn't try to take it away - IOW he may have been unaware that she even had a phone and didn't think to check because he was busy getting ready to assault them. The second picture being slanted versus the first one has bothered me from the beginning and thanks to Nin this may (IMO) help to explain it.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member