IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had a match someone would be in jail, they wouldnt let him be free while they build a case, thats not how it works. If they have proof you committed a crime you sit in jail for as long as it takes them to go to court.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

How many murder investigations have you personally investigated or prosecuted? WADR, I believe you're mistaken.

And WADR, you don't know the primary suspect isn't in custody. I can safely state that as fact because the police haven't said one way or the other up to this exact second in time.

They probably would. I think where this situation gets sticky, in regards to Abby and Libby at least, is that it almost veers into victim blaming. They should have ran, they should have fought back, they should have...For what it's worth, we don't know that they didn't do those things. We don't know that they weren't educated on these things. And we weren't there, in the situation, ourselves.
Exactly, fear can do funny things to people especially young girls.

IMO they recognized this guy and probably didnt think for a second he was going to do what he did. I think thats why she recorded jt, thinking we're going to get this guy in trouble once we get out if here.

How many murder investigations have you personally investigated or prosecuted? WADR, I believe you're mistaken.

And WADR, you don't know the primary suspect isn't in custody. I can safely state that as fact because the police haven't said one way or the other up to this exact second in time.
Sorry to be a dummy but, what does WADR stand for?

TIA,
J9

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

IMO they recognized this guy and probably didnt think for a second he was going to do what he did. I think thats why she recorded jt, thinking we're going to get this guy in trouble once we get out if here.

Yes!

That's my point, he would be in custody. I dont have to be an investigator to know the law. They would not allow a known killer to be out in public if they had absolute proof, dna, on hand.

Sure they may already have their guy, Im just saying if they know who it is and have dna to back it up, he is in custody.

I agree so much with this. When I asked why record and not run or call for help I wasn't victim blaming, just trying to figure out why. No one but the girls and the killer was there and know how it went from a video recording to murder.

Not a big leap IMO. You said you've called police on people sitting in a park.

My intention is not to argue, just making a point. Your idea of "strange" may be much different than someone else's.

Reminds me of the reddit fiasco following the Boston marathon bombing when people accused innocent people in group pictures because they looked "weird" to them.

If someone is following you, which may or may have happened in this particular case, that is a lot different IMO than someone sitting in the park looking at people.

But that's just my opinion!

Awfully big leap for you to suggest that's at all what I meant. Being alert and aware of ones surroundings is very different from deciding who should be allowed in public. I was speaking from my own personal experiences.
And obviously, this man on the bridge gave the girls that same feeling. They didn't record him because he seemed harmless.

With all due respect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. I knew that one too. You don't want to know the ones I was just coming up with. Ty

I for one understood exactly what you meant. People should follow their gut instincts more. I most definitely have been in a park and noticed an unsavory character or two and have adjusted my path to not cross with them. If you ask me, too often we are too polite to listen to our inner alarms. It's what criminals depend on, your politeness.
Keep on keeping yourself safe.

But you didn't call the police on them...

No matter. Just making a point. I'll scroll and roll on the topic now.

:smile:

Not a big leap IMO. You said you've called police on people sitting in a park.

My intention is not to argue, just making a point. Your idea of "strange" may be much different than someone else's.

Reminds me of the reddit fiasco following the Boston marathon bombing when people accused innocent people in group pictures because they looked "weird" to them.

If someone is following you, which may or may have happened in this particular case, that is a lot different IMO than someone sitting in the park looking at people.

But that's just my opinion!
Maybe she lives in a neighborhood where due diligence is warranted? I would hate for the poster to ignore their instincts. Especially if she is a young woman. JMO, imo, moo.

This is a rural area so depending on your definition of weapon it may be that you would find more people on the trail with than without. I don't know any males in this town that would be caught without a knife. Women carry knifes, pepper spray, batons, guns, and who knows what else. Why do you think the sheriff recommended people carry if they had a permit after this happened? This isn't a big city where people that "carry" to commit crime. These folks carry to prevent it.

How bad would you feel if you came across this crime and couldn't help those girls?

Thanks for that....

Coming in relatively new to the case ...... the Land owner does seem a valid candidate.

Has it been mentioned or discovered that he used the trail to walk to town as a shortcut? .....

I just caught up on his DUI's .... is it possible that he would walk to town rather than drive..... I know his not young....

but I checked out the topography from his house and there appears to be areas he could access as short cuts through his property that lead to relatively flat land ....and an easy crossing over the river .....where the girls were found.

I saw one interview where he showed a reporter (pointed to) the spot the girls were found...... he appeared quite spritely with a quick step..... he had to walk there for the interview....shows he has the stamina to do so easily.... (just an observation).

Awfully big leap for you to suggest that's at all what I meant. Being alert and aware of ones surroundings is very different from deciding who should be allowed in public. I was speaking from my own personal experiences.
And obviously, this man on the bridge gave the girls that same feeling. They didn't record him because he seemed harmless.
i think most of us knew what you meant...

Maybe she lives in a neighborhood where due diligence is warranted? I would hate for the poster to ignore their instincts. Especially if she is a young woman. JMO, imo, moo.

I agree with you on this for sure.

I think hes a first timer, because hes a local Not to say hes never done weird things but I dont think hes ever done anything and been caught, his dna would be in the database and this would be solved already. I think the girls filmed because they recognized him and it was odd for him to be out there.

He could have removed the phones and put them in the creek thinking it would ruin them, but that only shows his laxk of knowledge and a desire to get out of there fast. imo

When did Indiana start taking DNA from convicts? If he is older, his may not have been on file yet.

This is a rural area so depending on your definition of weapon it may be that you would find more people on the trail with than without. I don't know any males in this town that would be caught without a knife. Women carry knifes, pepper spray, batons, guns, and who knows what else. Why do you think the sheriff recommended people carry if they had a permit after this happened? This isn't a big city where people that "carry" to commit crime. These folks carry to prevent it.

How bad would you feel if you came across this crime and couldn't help those girls?

Thanks for that....

Coming in relatively new to the case ...... the Land owner does seem a valid candidate.

Has it been mentioned or discovered that he used the trail to walk to town as a shortcut? .....

I just caught up on his DUI's .... is it possible that he would walk to town rather than drive..... I know his not young....

but I checked out the topography from his house and there appears to be areas he could access as short cuts through his property that lead to relatively flat land ....and an easy crossing over the river .....where the girls were found.

I saw one interview where he showed a reporter (pointed to) the spot the girls were found...... he appeared quite spritely with a quick step..... he had to walk there for the interview....shows he has the stamina to do so easily.... (just an observation).

It is going to be interesting to see after the arrest (..), whether the girls had noticed the POI/BG before their encounter on the bridge and whether they had possibly texted someone about him ( "There is a creepy guy following us/ watching us.." e.g.).

All IMO

-Nin
we could learn little to anything after an arrest. The suspect can choose to say nothing and LE is under no obligation to disclose anything.

When did Indiana start taking DNA from convicts? If he is older, his may not have been on file yet.
This true, it might not be.
I believe if they do have dna they are swabbing everyone they interview.

Thanks for that....

If they had a match someone would be in jail, they wouldnt let him be free while they build a case, thats not how it works. If they have proof you committed a crime you sit in jail for as long as it takes them to go to court.

maybe they are currently in custody

But you didn't call the police on them...

No matter. Just making a point. I'll scroll and roll on the topic now.

[emoji2]
We can let it go for sure. You and I have agreed more than disagreed. We shouldn't forget though that this forum is more than just intellectual discussion. What we say could and may influence another's decisions. I have a 21 year old daughter and I teach her to hell with being PC. Be as rude as you need to if you feel uncomfortable. You can always apologise if your wrong. You don't get a do over if your right. This is where I am coming from.

No argument intended BillyMatou. I respect you.

Peace
J9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads