IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought he b local to yet why no problems here In the past 20 years,and I'm local to

Jumping off your post, maybe previously he hunted outside his residential area, as SKs often do (IK, etc.), but became more brazen, impulsive or careless and instead hunted closer to home this time?

(bolded by me) or in fear for my own safety.

jmo

IMO, I would have more faith the police could protect me than the word of someone who'd already indicated they would cause me harm if I did or didn't do something that displeased them.

Did LE POI make any kind of a statement yesterday? IMO they are absolutely waiting for the evidence from the SW on RL's home to be processed. It could be another 2 weeks of silence from LE. RL does not look like BG to me, but I am guessing he knows who BG is. IF LE can somehow link RL to this crime through forensic evidence then they will offer him (RL) a plea deal. Either tell us what you know or be charged as an accessory to a double homicide.JMO. Either give up BG or potentially spend the rest of your days locked up...JMO. They don't need the public to identify BG they already have someone who knows who it is. Also, JMO but LE has already checked out the RSO's in Delphi and probably the entire state. It's my educated guess it's the first thing they did.

Just getting back to the thread this morning. I agree with you on this at least that's where my line of thought has been for awhile now. I think it was even prior to RL being arrested and the SW happening that someone popped in on an earlier thread to discuss this sort of thing, the whole what if RL had given a ride to BG (and/or whoever did the killing) and they laid it out in a really fascinating plausible way. I remember it because I replied to it with some additional thoughts/ questions/ speculation of my own. Since the car was taken and RL is in jail it's blown my mind folks have spent so much time seeing this as an either/or black and white thing of either "he did it" or "he had nothing at all to do with it". Can't forget all the gray area in between here. I know there was early speculation that maybe it was a family member of RL or someone who worked on his property or whatever. Who knows but you could very well be onto something in that one way or another there's a good chance RL may know a lot more than he let on. Awfully suspicious that they took his car during the SW (if I'm understanding correctly. I haven't read it from MSM but seems multiple folks have mentioned this) why else would they do that?

Whether or not people think RL was or wasn't able to do the crime (and I majorly agree with Bird of Paradise as far as judging people by appearance. I'm much younger than RL and probably look quite average and healthy but I'm rather significantly disabled... so many health conditions are not really visible and bad health is not something solely older people face. Not to mention the inherent ageism and ruling someone out solely because of their age...) Anyway, whether or not you think he did it may be besides the point. How much do you want to bet he may indeed know more than he's let on? That seems HIGHLY probable all things considered. We can look at the evidence that we are aware of and realize it's impossible to know from that if RL is BG and/or committed the crime but I think it's pretty reasonable to suspect he knows something. It's anybody's guess how much he knows or what exactly he didn't share initially but I think between the "He did it" and "He had nothing to do with it" camps the most probable answer is somewhere in the middle there. He knows something or somehow (whether knowingly or not at the time) aided the killer/BG in some way (a ride, something. Maybe he simply knew the guy and had seen him around, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to Alert on my own post so a Mod can check it out, but...12 convicted SO work at one particular business in Delphi which is located ONE mile from the local High and Middle Schools? What the actual Hell?

Man...

Imo BG is way younger than 77.

Just to play devil's advocate- If you didn't know RL's age and just had to guess by looking at him, would you honestly guess he was 77? Because frankly I don't think I would. My father is 77 and my mom is a few years younger. There's significant differences in both my parents health and activity levels (in fact my less healthy parent is more active honestly) And I think it's an interesting age in that regard anyway, lots of variables to how folks age. But all that said, how old would you guess RL was after seeing those video clips and interviews if you didn't know?

I think BG is a male. Honestly, that is what I come away with from that image. And probably wearing jeans.
Lol, it took me half a minute to read the tongue in cheek.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just to play devil's advocate- If you didn't know RL's age and just had to guess by looking at him, would you honestly guess he was 77? Because frankly I don't think I would. My father is 77 and my mom is a few years younger. There's significant differences in both my parents health and activity levels (in fact my less healthy parent is more active honestly) And I think it's an interesting age in that regard anyway, lots of variables to how folks age. But all that said, how old would you guess RL was after seeing those video clips and interviews if you didn't know?

Oh yes I'd. Say 75

To me that's a yes.
That is not RL.

I think you could testify under oath that it's your opinion BG and RL are not the same person, but unless you know something you're not telling, I don't think you can testify under oath it's a fact BG isn't RL. WADR to you and anyone else who shares your view.

I've been mostly lurking lately, waiting for News or Something New, but just wanted to say that in regards to the "quiet" and "slowing down," I am not at all discouraged or losing confidence in LE. Quite the contrary - I woke up this morning not able to get the allegory of cockroaches out of my head. You know how cockroaches run to hide when the light is switched on?* That's what I keep thinking about all the tips that have come in and the arrests that have been made since this crime, even if on unrelated charges.

LE has had an abundance of information fed to them from the public, along with the meals and pies the generous residents of Dephi have provided. I am thinking that they might "have their guy" :behindbar::crossfingers: and are waiting for forensics or one more perfect piece of rock-solid evidence that could still come in. And gleaning the by-catch of all the tips. Or, if that's not the case, then they're taking some pressure off, in the hopes that someone will "slip up" and the case will break. In other words, I imagine the light turned off for a few minutes, so the roaches come out again...

:bodyguard::magnet:

And as for the question "but what about public safety?" I think LE has never given the impression that there's an ongoing acute risk, and all of us everywhere should be aware and smart in our actions anyway.

These are just my thoughts and opinions. I'll go back to lurking.
*and I only "know" this from movies and tv, have never lived where roaches are common. So if it's all urban myth, somebody please educate me. tia :wave:

Lol, it took me half a minute to read the tongue in cheek.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Only a little bit...I really do not see anything recognizable in that photo.

Your question wasn't directed to me but my dad is just a couple years younger than RL and he looks older than my dad, so if I didn't know RL's age already I'd put him around the age he is. Also, her opinion was actually how young she thinks BG looks compared to RL. Which, to me, means even if RL looks younger for his age, it seems she still thinks BG looks way younger

jmo.

I think you could testify under oath that it's your opinion BG and RL are not the same person, but unless you know something you're not telling, I don't think you can testify under oath it's a fact BG isn't RL. WADR to you and anyone else who shares your view.

I wouldn't testify under oath--but if I were on the jury it would be extremely difficult for me to be convinced BG is RL. Extremely difficult as in next to impossible. MOO

Is anyone familiar with statistics for homicides of teens and what percentage are killed by non-familial acquaintances or by total strangers and percentage based on motive?

somebody posted those statistics a few threads back....I believe it was something like 1out of 5 solved murders against children are committed by a stranger MOO

ninij9 said:
snipped by me....
I'm very conflicted. I have splinters on my butt from jumping on and off this here fence, iykwim.

Then you should find a brick wall to sit on :fence: and then when you have to jump off :fencefall: no splinters!

So, nothing "new" I take it?? RL is still in jail?

TIA! :wave:

Transfer station is on the south side of cr 200n

The top red circle is where the girls were found (whether the crime was committed there is not definitive). The road that passes under the bridge is down the hill from where the bridge terminates on that side. It is a dead end road and I doubt highly traveled other than to the Transfer Station, and so any car/truck/van leaving that area most folks would probably assume was at the dump. The 2nd red circle below that is where the road that passes under the bridge terminates. The road is traced in black. Arrows shows where it leads in both ways to town and to the end of the road.
The top red circle is where the girls were found (whether the crime was committed there is not definitive). The road that passes under the bridge is down the hill from where the bridge terminates on that side. It is a dead end road and I doubt highly traveled other than to the Transfer Station, and so any car/truck/van leaving that area most folks would probably assume was at the dump. The 2nd red circle below that is where the road that passes under the bridge terminates. The road is traced in black. Arrows shows where it leads in both ways to town and to the end of the road.

I was just going from this post by Nightowl77 and assumed it was close by. I have no idea of streets in Delphi or where things are.

Thinking RL knows who BG is just doesn't pass the logic test for me.

If RL knows, why don't other people in the area know?

MOO

Since they were found on his property, he may have first-hand knowledge of something that he was or was not aware of (in the moment it happened.) He may have found something, or helped someone with something (not knowing he was becoming involved in a crime.) I won't go on with imagining the possibilities, but I see it as conceivable that he was/is in a position to know something that others are not. jmo

Wonder if RL would ever have been in the mix at all if not for the location of the bodies. He does not seem to have a background that would have flagged him to LE as someone to interview. In the end, it may come down to that being his only link to these crimes, who knows...

Your question wasn't directed to me but my dad is just a couple years younger than RL and he looks older than my dad, so if I didn't know RL's age already I'd put him around the age he is. Also, her opinion was actually how young she thinks BG looks compared to RL. Which, to me, means even if RL looks younger for his age, it seems she still thinks BG looks way younger

jmo.

I really was just posing the question, nothing personal even to who I replied to. I think it's harder to tell men's ages in general too. I've seen people guess all over the map on my dad but with my mom if anything people always assume she's older than she even is! I think my own judgements are more on his movements. He's fitter than many his age (which isn't a statement at all on whether he could've done the crime or not. Just a general observation). I'm also of the camp that the BG photos are so distorted it's hard to tell anything at all. The fit of his jeans and cut actually reminds me of my father which may be biasing me to believe BG is older (but I don't necessarily think RL is BG either). My dad is also the opposite of RL in the sense that with age he's lost a lot of weight (and hence the weird fit of his jeans! Haha. That and my dad has narrow hips, no backside so pants slouch a lot even if they are the right fit. Seems like BG may have a similar shape going on.) But see I just said BG looks more like my dad than RL. So I don't have a clue. Really just bouncing ideas I guess. I think RL could pass for younger personally but seems I'm in a minority. I will say after looking at the stills someone posted and really getting a look at RL's shape, what a large middle he has, that has skewed my own age estimate for him higher so eh... but face and general fitness I would've guessed 60s.

Anyway, now I'm babbling away. Seems we don't have much else to do anyhow. So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member