IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why lead 2 girls to your own property to kill them and then leave them.
Sorry makes no sense to me

I agree that that scenario does not make sense. I know everyone pretty much assumes the killer (whoever it was) led the girls to the place where their bodies were found. I believe instead (my theory only) that he followed them there. I think there was an encounter on the bridge when Libby took the video of BG. I don't think it was something that totally panicked the girls, but it did disturb them. They thought he was gone and decided to continue down to near the spot where they were found, to do some more photography, unaware that BG was following them. He surprised them there and told them to go "down the hill." This is just a theory, but it is possible. MOO

One other thing I wonder about. I don't know where Abby lives, but have read that it is near the bridge or trails. If the girls got nervous seeing BG on the bridge and decided to head to Abby's house would the spot where they were found be on the way?

I took a few interesting frames out of the channel 13 video embedded in this story http://www.knowyourleak.com/Delphi-Teens-Murdered-Latest-199495.html
View attachment 114053 Brown item or sweatshirt at bottom of jacket, cell phone left hand
View attachment 114054 Gloves in pocket, right hand in pocket
View attachment 114055 right foot turned out

LE may have tracked RL cell phone pings to determine when he left Delphi for Lafayetee

That ani gif (?) that NiN (no it's not, iirc) was just two frames I believe. I thought the right leg and hip sort of swung out in a weird way but I believe it's been noted those were not two sequential frames. Definitely something I noticed when I saw it posted.

I agree that that scenario does not make sense. I know everyone pretty much assumes the killer (whoever it was) led the girls to the place where their bodies were found. I believe instead (my theory only) that he followed them there. I think there was an encounter on the bridge when Libby took the video of BG. I don't think it was something that totally panicked the girls, but it did disturb them. They thought he was gone and decided to continue down to near the spot where they were found, to do some more photography, unaware that BG was following them. He surprised them there and told them to go "down the hill." This is just a theory, but it is possible. MOO

One other thing I wonder about. I don't know where Abby lives, but have read that it is near the bridge or trails. If the girls got nervous seeing BG on the bridge and decided to head to Abby's house would the spot where they were found be on the way?

We had a neighbor when my siblings and I were kids. Neighbor was a cranky old lady who'd yell at us for walking on a public sidewalk, not trespassing. We were wary of her but I don't remember ever feeling unsafe in her presence. Maybe it's someone they recognized who they'd had issues with such as him yelling at them and they were just being cautious rather than terrified enough to run or scream.

I took a few interesting frames out of the channel 13 video embedded in this story http://www.knowyourleak.com/Delphi-Teens-Murdered-Latest-199495.html
View attachment 114053 Brown item or sweatshirt at bottom of jacket, cell phone left hand

LE may have tracked RL cell phone pings to determine when he left Delphi for Lafayetee

Thanks for this. Good observations. I also notice that in the first image, the glasses are nearly invisible, and would probably not be noticed at all from a greater distance. I also notice that his mustache looks not so white and a bit brownish in the lighting of the first image. IMO

I am a 56 year old man. I weight 250 lbs and have run 8 half marathons in the past 4 years. I run 900 miles every year.

Most any man (that is in decent health) at this age could walk down a little hill like that and back up. No big deal. Might be a little winded, but again.. not a big deal. I live in the mountains in Virginia. We have some BIG hills. IMO, up to age 60 could walk up and down those little hills in Indiana pretty easily. So you are right, this age alone should not exclude anyone from going up and down that hill.. thanks
Totally, totally agree with this. I know a man that is 105, and he still raises a garden. They took his driver license, but he's still very active. Might just be us mountain folk though lol.

I'm very conflicted. I have splinters on my butt from jumping on and off this here fence, iykwim.

Regarding the BG picture, RL has a bigger mid section. I'm in no way sold on the idea that he is BG. I'm more of the thought that he is involved. It's not impossible to me he's BG, just unlikely based upon the midsection alone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

please consider reporting your observation to the local LE, they could check up on him.

Can anyone tell if that's a basic cellphone or smartphone? I'll take a wild guess and say it's like my dad's, just a basic maybe flip phone. My dad has issues with technology like he'll punch every button on the universal remote if he can't figure out how to change the channel. Fun times.

Sure would like to read the affidavits or affidavits in that SW.
Bet the fact they were found on his property was just the tip of the iceberg.

Blue Shoe, Google Earth shows AW's house to be 3/4 of a mile due south of the south end of the high bridge.
Thanks for this. Good observations. I also notice that in the first image, the glasses are nearly invisible, and would probably not be noticed at all from a greater distance. I also notice that his mustache looks not so white and a bit brownish in the lighting of the first image. IMO

It's frustratingly difficult to understand motive in this case with so little information on COD and the crime scene details. The motive could be internally generated (e.g. discharge of displaced rage, sexual gratification (sadism), power/reassurance to restore a fragile sense of self, power/assertive to compensate for deep seated feelings of inadequacy, and revenge) or externally generated (personal gain, protection of material goods, eliminating a witness, etc.). We should probably assume we do not know enough to generate anything but speculations. I could generate a list of possible motives for any POI in this case, but that's all they would be. My speculations. Given the above roster of possibilities, can we really rule anyone out?

Not trying to play devil's advocate, but in Indiana(as probably many other states) RSO's run the spectrum from the college kid who stupidly relieved his bladder in a public place while drunk, to they guys who were 18 or 19 having a relationship with a 16 yr old, to the full-on pedo/rapist/pervert, and they all have to register just the same. They are definitely not all on the same level of dysfunction, FWIW.

This is true.

Such as? I'm just interested in what you think may have happened and not trying to be argumentative with you or anyone else.

A few posters have theorized they stumbled upon some kind of drug deal.

I'm very conflicted. I have splinters on my butt from jumping on and off this here fence, iykwim.

Regarding the BG picture, RL has a bigger mid section. I'm in no way sold on the idea that he is BG. I'm more of the thought that he is involved. It's not impossible to me he's BG, just unlikely based upon the midsection alone.

I feel the same way. RL is not BG, imo, but could have some other involvement. Or could be uninvolved 100%. We'll see.

Does any one know if the transfer station has security cameras? If he had a vehicle on the road under the bridge, took the girls across the creek and returned back there then perhaps he drove to the transfer station with a bag full of clothes or a backpack etc. MOO

Transfer station is on the south side of cr 200n

Unfortunately, I strongly believe that the motive in this case will be a sexual one. There are really no other reasons for a grown man to kidnap 2 young girls, take them to a secluded place and murder them.

Does it happen? Sure. Is it likely? Not really.

I will be surprised if this wasn't a sexually motivated crime.

Very possible, but I don't think i'd sit in jail refusing to cooperate with police if they wanted information about a double murder (and I had any) if I had an inkling they may think I was involved in the crime or the coverup.

Would anyone here? Unless it was covering for a child or relative. Maybe, but I'd probably crack under questioning and spill my guts.

I'm not sure I would be able to prove where I was on any given day, though. My phone records might tell them the phone never left my house, but I've forgotten my phone before.

Unfortunately, I strongly believe that the motive in this case with be a sexual one. There are really no other reasons for a grown man to kidnap 2 young girls, take them to a secluded place and murder them.

Does it happen? Sure. Is it likely? Not really.

I will be surprised if this wasn't a sexually motivated crime.

Is anyone familiar with statistics for homicides of teens and what percentage are killed by non-familial acquaintances or by total strangers and percentage based on motive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413