IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not positive, but I believe the wording was that they *believe* that he at least participated. It only makes sense that they would believe that. They also said they cannot tell whether the voice and the video is of the same individual, because it is unknown to them. I think they are piecing a story together as best as they can with what they have and that leads them to think a certain way, however they have also said that nothing is off the table, which leaves it wide open. Like others have often said here, it seems that they don't know $h!t, which is very sad considering they have video and audio and whatever else they have. Since things seem to be rather dead-end-ish, I just threw out a potential alternative scenario for consideration by sleuthers.

I know I'm replying before reading the 150ish posts after this one so forgive me if I'm repeating what someone has already said but while it's possible LE doesn't know a lot I think you may be missing an important point here. LE has been tight-lipped for a reason (we can only speculate why that is but pretty obvious they must have a reason) and in general when LE, in any state with any crime, speaks about an unsolved crime or one where an arrest has not been made they word things very intentionally and very carefully. What you're interpreting as them not knowing anything I'm interpreting as them speaking carefully. The truth of the matter is we don't know what LE does and doesn't know. It's obvious they know more than they've shared and far more than any of us however so I don't think your comment is fair to them. For whatever reason they are holding back a whole lot of info and some of that info we can know for a fact they do know (as in they obviously know the COD. They know whether or not the criminal left some kind of signature. They probably have a pretty good idea, especially given FBI's involvement whether it was a SK or not and whether it may or may not be related to the case with the cousins in Iowa. We also know they took the BG picture from a video on Libby's phone. They haven't released the video to us but we know they have it and having that video they certainly know more than we do though hard to say how much.)

I mean you could be right that they don't have a clue but we simply don't know. They also claimed to be "quietly making progress" so maybe they have a very good idea who is involved. Maybe not. But I don't think there's a lot of use in analyzing their wording. It's all intentionally and carefully worded as such. Until they make an arrest and there's a conviction I don't think they legally can say anything for sure. That's just the nature of LE.

Certainly their silence and lack of details is frustrating but solving these things is almost never quick. It's been two months. Okay. I don't think that means this is becoming a cold case. Not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look closely enough, things are almost never random, even if the perp(s) isn't local. Things that LE become privy to during the course of investigations let them know just how connected things can be, even when they seem random to those not holding the cards. JMO
Thank you for saying what I feel to be true as well. I have thought from the beginning the pure randomness that would have to happen for this to not be a local would be astronomical. IMO, that was what LE was saying when they said someone knows this person...it wasn't a message for the masses...it was a message for the few.

Yes. But he is not "middle aged". Apparently LE thinks the man on the bridge IS middle aged...
That is what LE said, that the man on the bridge is a middle-aged white male, but then LE further said (at least Perrine did, when asked) that RL is a white male. Obviously RL is not middle aged, he is elderly, or old, or older than middle-aged, but yet, Perrine wasn't ruling him out, even though that is obvious. So does this mean that police are not ruling out the possibility that BG may not be involved, or does this mean that police believe RL potentially looks middle aged and could be the bridge guy? Or I guess it could also mean that police really don't know yet, if there may have been 2 perps.

He was asked specifically if police thought RL looked like BG, here is what he said:

Reporter: Do you think that the man in the photo could be Logan?

Perrine: YA, the man in the photo is a middle-aged white male, and, uh, Mr. Logan is also a white male, so at this point, uhhm, you know, we can't verifiy one way or the other.

Disclaimer: This is what I hear in the little video clip, but please add your input if you hear it differently because I could be wrong. I first thought Perrine said NO, but now that I listen again without looking at him, and I hear YA!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/03/17/investigators-search-property-where-the-bodies-of-2-indiana-teens-were-found/

BBM: Really? People thought he walked all the way from his house to the TS? lol. Wonders never cease. I missed all that "talk".
Just bouncing off your post,..They said RL drove TO the TS. But did they say he DROVE home? Let's say RL is driving whatever TO the TS. Then he sees a policeman and gets panicked because he knows he is breaking the law by driving and he doesn't want to get caught driving , so he parks his truck and walks. Having to walk due to his own DD offenses just pisses him off. He knows a short cut, no way is he going to walk home the same road he took to get there. He's going to walk the road that goes under the bridge, get on the Bridge, and possibly be really tired, mad, put out and grumpy when he runs across 2 sweet little innocent girls laughing and joking and having fun. Does he then become BG? A tired, cranky , put out man with no one to take it out on but himself? But, wait. There's 2 little girls with no problems, it's just not fair. Did something happen?JMO. I am not accusing anyone of anything. I'm theorizing what possibly could have happened IF he is indeed BG. How long would it take for him to leave the TS , possibly after shooting the bull with a friend or tossing a few ideas about his future and what could happen if he is stupid enough to get behind the wheel and drive his self home?Not accusing. JMO

ETA: more thoughts

One such statement I posted a link to the other day was his usage of the word "disaster" in the context of the murders of two young girls whose families he said he knew. IMO it was a word that seemed odd to me.

Unbelievable. Now, if he said, "This is soooo hilarious that 2 girls were killed on my property" then I could understand. But he said it's a disaster and you take issue with it? It IS a disaster! It's a horrific, disastrous, evil, putrid, disgusting disaster.

All these kinds of posts do is make people look so nitpicky and desperate to convict this guy without any evidence whatsoever.

And before I get flamed (is that still a thing?)...Please know that I am not one of those people that pity RL, empathize with him, or even care what happens in his life...It's just this scrutinizing and analyzing every word out of his mouth gets kinda old after the 1000th time.

I'm sure some of it could be artifacts, but mainly bc they never released the actual video of him walking.
2d75317d116cc49dd869eaa84461ea2b.jpg

I posted this photo yesterday. IMO This area of the pants does not line up with his leg. It looks to me like they cut this piece from a different frame to cover the shadow of something else. Without releasing the actual video, I can't help but think there is a very good reason behind it.

Thank you! Looks like I missed your post - I do agree that the pant leg doesn't look right, although you would think that the FBI would be able to clone better than that. I wonder if anyone who rocks in photoshop would have an opinion about it.

And the not releasing him walking has definitely raised suspicion about what exactly he was doing/carrying/exposing as he walked. I do wish that we knew if there was any SA...it's hard to profile or hunt or sleuth without knowing.

Thank you! Looks like I missed your post - I do agree that the pant leg doesn't look right, although you would think that the FBI would be able to clone better than that. I wonder if anyone who rocks in photoshop would have an opinion about it.

And the not releasing him walking has definitely raised suspicion about what exactly he was doing/carrying/exposing as he walked. I do wish that we knew if there was any SA...it's hard to profile or hunt or sleuth without knowing.

I'm not sure that they can show suspect walking and hide what is blurred out. Jmo i do think it's blurred intentionally. Jmo

Don't know if theres been an official statement, but it seems like common sense. I have a strong feeling that was one of the first steps.

I think it was he 2nd press briefing? Maybe Feb 16th. It was when they gave them outside the courthouse, I think they did 2. Very early on anyway. I searched but only found clips, it was a reporter question. They said they had checked all but a few out, I think they couldn't track down some.

Thanks to NIN for posting the Herald Journal story about RL's hearing.

Leazenby talking about RL:

"Basically, he apparently said some things that didn't necessarily cause the focus to go further into him, with regard to the larger investigation, but it was found that he wasn't being completely honest in those statements," Leazenby said. "He was actually violating his probation by those statements."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3g3DEap84xwNVlCNEZKelBWUEU/view

That is what LE said, that the man on the bridge is a middle-aged white male, but then LE further said (at least Perrine did, when asked) that RL is a white male. Obviously RL is not middle aged, he is elderly, or old, or older than middle-aged, but yet, Perrine wasn't ruling him out, even though that is obvious. So does this mean that police are not ruling out the possibility that BG may not be involved, or does this mean that police believe RL potentially looks middle aged and could be the bridge guy? Or I guess it could also mean that police really don't know yet, if there may have been 2 perps.

He was asked specifically if police thought RL looked like BG, here is what he said:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/03...ere-the-bodies-of-2-indiana-teens-were-found/

Very interesting. I had missed the word "no" at the beginning of his response to the question (could RL be BG).

I'm not sure that they can show suspect walking and hide what is blurred out. Jmo i do think it's blurred intentionally. Jmo

They can, IMO. We see it almost everyday here on the nightly news when they blur a face to protect their identity so I would think it was very possible to blur what you're referring to while leaving the rest of the video intact to show his gait. IMO

My final thoughts on RL then I am moving on till LE release more info. If RL was involved I believe they would have already charged him. He lives on the property for pete sakes, I just find it hard to believe they wouldn't have found key evidence they needed almost immediately. I know many will disagree and say they are waiting for lab tests etc etc etc. but personally I just don't see it. Also LE has way more info on RL than any of us here and I think with that in mind, there is nothing that anyone is going to figure out here that LE hasn't known weeks ago....MOO feel free to disagree and I'm sure many will

One such statement I posted a link to the other day was his usage of the word "disaster" in the context of the murders of two young girls whose families he said he knew. IMO it was a word that seemed odd to me.

I wish I had a dollar for ever odd statement ever made to the media from a POI that turns out not to be the perp. That includes family, friends and neighbors that are raked over the coals for odd statements or smirks etc. I see this all the time.

I think this will be a case that we at Websleuths will reference from time to time. Just because someone has numerous dui offenses and maybe even poor character doesn't make them a murderer of teen girls.

I like to stick to facts. I don't see any facts that have been released thus far linking the property owner as the killer.

JMO

Very interesting. I had missed the word "no" at the beginning of his response to the question (could RL be BG).

I still do not see it. Did he speak it and the precise quote was spoken on the video?

JMO, it's not cloned. I think its artifacts from compression. I edited photos with Photoshop for a few years as a job. That's just my opinion from my experience.

Very interesting. I had missed the word "no" at the beginning of his response to the question, could RL be BG.
Ok wait.. you had all best take a listen yourselves, because I can't guarantee 100% that I'm hearing it right.. I think when I hear him saying the 'no', it might be less than 100% certain. It starts at 1:20 ish. Ok.. now I just listened to it and I think he clearly says YA, and not NO!! Let's fix that!

(Just a 'tip'.. on my computer, it keeps wanting to finish out the video and go on to the next clip in their news offerings.. so I get it to go back by just hitting the address bar again, and then.. pulling the video up to the spot.. but it doesn't seem to like going backwards very much - everyone else's experience may be different though!)

I still do not see it. Did he speak it and the precise quote was spoken on the video?

Yes, there is a bit of crossover between the reporter's question and the response, but I believe he said NO. The transcript also shows no.

ETA: was the transcript by a fellow poster? I'm not seeing it.

I'm not comfortable saying for sure he said NO.

Listen for yourselves and decide.

It sounds to me like he says "y'know" rather than "no." Ultimately, either way, I think it's just kind of a noncommittal answer.

In this article from a Superior Court hearings from 2014 in front of the same judge RL had to face in his latest charges. At the bottom of the article it has RL's charges but it says "and" another guy's name, so I'm wondering if they were charged together? http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-12-17/Public_Records/Superior_Court.html

JMO...
There is a semicolon ( ; ) between the names instead of a comma (,). I read that as two separate people with two separate offenses.
JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member