IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the video of a family memeber (I'm guessing) crossing the bridge and god it's creepy. I don't think at 13 I would of even considered walking along that bridge.

Also interesting to see where they're would of taken the photo of the creep and where they may of been forced down the hill.

Didn't Nin post an image some pages back with the positions? I forget what those little side platforms on the bridge are called, but I am pretty sure I remember seeing that image.

In the initial presser after the bodies were discovered all three LEOs estimated 1/2-3/4 mile upstream from the bridge. Riley even commented about the road winding and he wasn't sure the distance as the crow flies, is how he put it.

Could that be where the discrepancy is on the map marker?

Yep. It should be that distance from the North end and someone measured it from the South end I bet.

Only the deer in Deer Creek. But I did look at a facebook page for a fishing and hunting shop in Delphi that showed customers with dead deer in the back of their trucks. Probably why not many live ones left maybe?
Deers are most active during dawn and dusk (twilight). They are more active at night than in daytime. They sleep a lot in hidden places during the daylight hours. That's why you may not see them. Due to a lack of natural predators, there's actually an overpopulation of White-tailed deer.

Didn't NiN post an image some pages back with the positions? I forget what those little side platforms on the bridge are called, but I am pretty sure I remember seeing that image.

It's also a lot narrower than I imagined in my head for some reason when I was looking at photos earlier.

Like others, I have been reviewing earlier threads and researching the area. In paragraph 8 of this online hike report, there is mention of a path to a farm house. Has this been discussed before? http://wildindiana.com/wps/2010/02/delphi-high-bridge-hike/

A bump for your question.

I wonder where they were exactly?

[FONT=&amp]Along the way the trail split and we took the right-hand path. This lane ended up traveling down into the bottomlands of Deer Creek to an old farm building. While the walk was enjoyable, we decided to go cross-country back to the top of the tall railbed to resume our journey.

Halfway up the steep embankment, we found the remains of a springhouse under an ancient yew bush.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Is that not odd wording?

I think it's only odd wording if the words are taken out of context.

This came up earlier today. City Council is only doing their job. Funds need to be allocated. I opined earlier that this really shouldn't be an emotional issue. Bills have to be paid and with such a small town it's bound to come up. JMO

"if you want to understand the artist, show me his art" dr robert ressler, deceased fbi profiler

The direction this investigation has gone in is unacceptable. RL is not even remotely involved in this heinous crime. Too much focus has been put on the photo and voice recording. That information can only be useful to people close to BG. He is a living breathing monstrosity full of lasciviousness and we must delve into his deviant mind if we ever hope to close this horrible chapter in small town Delphi, Indiana.

A few preliminary remarks on his early childhood/adolescence: For a person to commit an extraordinary act of psyco-sexual murder on two random, unknown (to him), innocent strangers a lot happened in his dark formative past, specifically during his early years. Psychological and quite possibly physical abuse took place. I obviously dont know exactly what upset and made him deeply unhappy, but certain disagreeable things happened to him which made him withdraw into himself and revel in a rich fantasy world of his own creation. This was where he ruled as an absolute tyrannical God. These were not harmless childhood fantasies of saving the princess from the the burning castle. This was where he found refuge from the horrors of his world. This was the crucial period where sex and violence merged in his small developing mind, and sadly with no outside intervention to curb these fantasies they grew more and more powerful ever time he indulged in them, and they finally culminated in a act (i believe the delphi murders were his first ever) that would make Lucifer glow.

The BSU in Quantico views sexual murder in 4 distinct phases:

1) antecedent behavior and planning
2) the act of murder
3) disposing of the body
4) post crime behavior

(modsnip)

Yes, we found it! A lovely poster came by and pointed us in the right direction (sorry I can't recall who) It was the Tippecanoe river in Monticello

attachment.php

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...5934128f1545a6!8m2!3d40.7453169!4d-86.7647343

I'm not sure where you were, I thought you were here lol

Skib, do you recall the name of the cemetary nearby?

This is depressing (that a trial would bankrupt the county). I have often wondered who pays for the "new study was conducted for (name your subject)" etc. Some of these studies are off the wall! (how many hairs on a frog's back, etc.)

Here's one for example,
"New Study Conducted at Yale University Concludes that 'Bad Hair Days' Affect More Than Your Appearance."

Who pays for stuff like this (and this is only the tip of the iceburg for these ridiculous studies). And yet, there is no money to conduct a MURDER trial. What is wrong?

Most of what you label "ridiculous studies" just sound ridiculous because that is the way the media reports them to you. As a scientist I get extremely frustrated at reading so-called science headlines in the popular press reduced to garbage such as the above. That study about bad hair days was more likely to have been about barometric pressure and humidity and its influence on mood stability in a at risk population. Maybe not your cup of tea, but certainly useful enough, even if not to you personally.
The money is not short... it is just corralled by the select few and the rest of the country is made to battle over the crumbs. That being said, I thought this article was a ploy to get the locals to be more supportive for law and order candidates who want bigger budgets in the next election. No one has ever not been tried, nor investigated for lack of funds. Let us not even entertain that thought.

Why would the guilty party dump bodies on there own property?

Here is an updated distance map. I added that pink trail splitting right there at access . Nana1 (where is she?) mentioned it, when she took her pictures. Also, the shed mentioned in earlier threads can be seen right over to the EAST. It is on private property. I do not think there is any significance to it IMO. No police presence during helicopter flyover.

All measurements are approximate and field taken (i.e. like walking it as opposed to measured via straight line):

All IMO

-Nin

Bumping this for reference.

I assumed the estimation from bridge upstream to CS was based on where the bridge crossed the water on the north end so the south end measurement doesn't make sense to me. Am I confused? 1/2 mile would be more than the distance of that turquoise path line, wouldn't it?

We don't know who hid the bodies there, of course. But if it were the property owner, then it could be because he believed his property had already been searched--for ex--and that he could temporarily keep them there until he could better dispose of them later.

Not saying this happened, of course, but if the police ended up naming the property owner as a suspect, that would be one possible explanation that would come to mind.

As of right now, LE is saying he is not a suspect at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have these same questions, but assume he was simply trying to get them far enough from the bridge and trail to not be seen,do what he intended to, then leave, so that even if he were seen by other hikers, etc, there would be no way, at least that soon, to assume he was anything other than another hiker. I suppose there is still the possibility that he took them away in a vehicle and then brought them back, but that scenario has never seemed likely to me. If RL were the culprit, I would assume the same as I first stated, that he likely took them where he did to keep them out of site from other hikers, then went straight to the house afterward. I still don't see him being the culprit, though, even though it is seemingly the simplest possibility. I suspect they were followed to the trailhead where they were dropped off, then followed to the bridge, abducted, moved to the area they were found, and that the whole thing was over very quickly. I also suspect, based on the layered clothing, that the suspect left via ATV or motorcycle. JMO based on what little we have to go on.
In answer to the question about RL, I have always been on the fence but am taking the lead of police who have said he's not a suspect "at this time" until they announce the results of any DNA matches etc they ran after searching his house. (Though they may not announce their findings at all, I suspect they will.)

I do keep coming back to this question: Why did the perp choose to move closer to houses where he risked being seen to hide the bodies at all? Many perps drag bodies into more remote areas like the woods or leave them close to the scene. Why take them closer to roads and houses? Did this one think the crime was messy and DNA might've been left behind? Did he believe he would have access to RL's property to return and hide the bodies more later? Did he know RL's property had been searched and didn't expect it to be searched again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has a photo of RL been found as interested to see what he looks like ?

As I've said several times on these threads when this question comes up, look at the murder of Jessica Padgett. It happens.

Also, Holly Grim (and her body was even moved, I think!).

Has a photo of RL been found as interested to see what he looks like ?

Perhaps you would benefit from a trip to the media thread. There you will find lots of on camera interviews with RL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member