IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not stupid at all. I remember that vividly. It was before we knew anything. I thought possibly murder suicide at that point. Or suicide pact
I thought so too and that I must have misremembered it. So what in the world might they have found for them to have been​ so unsure like that? ...especially long enough after discovery to make a public statement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Feb 24th news article saying LE HAVE DNA evidence and what the investigators believe... "Investigators believe the girls met the suspect in a chance encounter or the person knew they were going to be there. Liberty German's decision to make a recording provided police with their best information."
http://kfor.com/2017/02/24/dna-evid...a-teens-were-found-murdered-now-top-priority/

OY!
LE says that it could be a random/chance encounter, or planned. Way to narrow things down.

Still, I know their job is very difficult. It sounds like a coin flip.

So, what's RL's motive? I just don't see a 77yo drunk up and killing 2 girls in broad daylight on his property. I'm sure plenty of people have seen him drinking and/or driving. Why would he just flip and kill kids? Does he have a history of sexual assault or anything like that.

I'm guessing he was parked on W300 N, but did I read early on that it was reported that no vehicles were parked there that day? It seems most likely that he committed the murders close to where his vehicle was parked so he could get out of the area as fast as possible.

so you do no to think BG looks like RL in the still images? Me either.
Right, no I personally do not. I feel like this because of beard color that I see when I look at it along with, IMo the mouth on BG seems closed to me. Then watching RL in the vid where he showed his property looked like he keeps his mouth hanging open alot while walking IMO.

attachment.php

I think that that is an unnatural line that resulted from the creation of the picture. You can see in the first photo that line goes from the pants pocket up past the higher part of the arm. IMO IMO IMO I don't think anything was cut out. The other picture is a truer representation of the pants pocket, a bit lumpy. HTH?
Would you BLOW up the face that size?

So, what's RL's motive? I just don't see a 77yo drunk up and killing 2 girls in broad daylight on his property. I'm sure plenty of people have seen him drinking and/or driving. Why would he just flip and kill kids? Does he have a history of sexual assault or anything like that.

I don't think the property owner had anything to do with this. Last weekend when I thought he did, I was completely confused about the transfer station location in relation to the bodies.

I thought so too and that I must have misremembered it. So what in the world might they have found to have them be unsure like that? ...especially long enough after discovery to make a public statement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I had forgotten about that. IIRC they did say that it was a complex and complicated crime scene. Possibly, they were not sure until they were able to view the full video tape . Good question . Makes my brain go all wonky with ideas. Again.

God bless local LE, ISP, FBI and everyone assisting in this murder investigation.

Oh good grief, Bemused! I'm sorry. I thought it was you I had asked last evening. Sorry!

No need to be sorry. We all have our theories as to what we believe happened to Abby and Libby and why, but no one but the girls, their killer and, I believe, LE knows with certainty.

OY!
LE says that it could be a random/chance encounter, or planned. Way to narrow things down.

Still, I know their job is very difficult. It sounds like a coin flip.

I keep going back to that first press conference where they were soooo guarded and calculated with their responses, which made it seem like they knew exactly what had happened. Is that what they thought? And then it turned out not to be so? Their original statements were so confusing in light of the fact there is still no arrest!

BG could be anyone, including a family member or close family friend. I do hope LE has and continues to do a thorough job regarding alibis of people close to the girls.

No need to be sorry. We all have our theories as to what we believed happened to Abby and Libby and why, but no one but the girls, their killer and, I believe, LE knows with certainty.

There seems to be a lot of data implicating RL. Not hard facts, but more like "wrong place at the wrong time" issues! Ugh, it is very confusing.
I have no theory. I just sorta feel like RL isn't that sophisticated to orchestrate something like what happened to the girls.
Also, he doesn't look that much like BG, IMHOO.
Thank you for your reply! I like reading your posts.

Hello I'm new here, I've read, watched, listened to posts and links following this case. And some others.My are the families of all these people so blessed to have you all. I wanted to give some thoughts and offer up some scenarios and speculations that I am curious about all imo so here goes. First ( no link ) but am sure someone has it still where RL stated he knew the families. I wondered to myself
A: is it possible someone told RL that the girls would be at the trails, just as an extra eye on them?
B: is it possible the girls were ever told ( considering we aren't sure or I'm personally not, where they lived from the trails) that they were told to run towards RL's home if they ever had an issue while alone at the trails/Park area ?

Next if A above, that could play out a few ways : RL knew they'd​ be there, didn't keep an eye, possibly drank felt guilt when heard they were missing also freaked out that he could be caught violating his prob. I'm speculating imo. Or something else?

If B: Perhaps at one point after following perp or being ordered too they made a run for RL house together, one lagged behind was caught at CS taped off place across the creek from RL. The other girl stayed with her regardless. ( Next part of scenario may seem graphic all imo and speculations) maybe from there BG had other still alive, forced her to carry her friend across the creek ( may seem strange but Imo more feasible than one man carrying dragging two persons) then finally did what he did to the other at next CS tape area on RL property. It's possible RL heard something and was threatened or BG heard searchers.

Idk all IMO and speculations. I'm open to criticisms and other speculations? Anyone else think these things? If said already sorry to reiterate. And sorry so long. Thanks!

BBM

I too wondered if the girls might have tried to get to RL's, even if he was just an acquaintance, to escape / get help. So I am on board with that possibility.

I go with B: the scenario that one of the girls may have been at least hurt and BG got the other to help carry her. I put that out there a long time ago but in regards to the possibility that he pushed Abby off the bridge and that he got Libby into immediate compliance by helping carry her friend. The bridge thing didn't make sense in the end but your idea certainly does and goes with my thoughts of how getting one to help carry the other gets everyone across the creek. That gets them both across the creek without him having to carry or force both. And we certainly know that LE was checking something out on the other side of the creek across from where the girls were found so it is plausible to me and makes total sense.

Oh, and :greetings:

"Based on the information given by family and friends, police do not believe foul play is involved and have been given no information that would lead them to believe the girls are in any immediate danger, other than exposure to outside elements.

Officers looked into issuing an Amber Alert, but were informed this incident does not meet the criteria."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/14/carroll-county-authorities-continue-search-for-missing-teenagers/

This was what I was looking for ...

Makes it sound as though police didn't actually search the evening the girls went missing ........ did they?

We don't know who hid the bodies there, of course. But if it were the property owner, then it could be because he believed his property had already been searched--for ex--and that he could temporarily keep them there until he could better dispose of them later.

Not saying this happened, of course, but if the police ended up naming the property owner as a suspect, that would be one possible explanation that would come to mind.

As of right now, LE is saying he is not a suspect at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe after the girls were murdered, the perp put them in
the creek to hide them. Then, first thing in the morning the perp pulled the girls out of the water and put them on RL's land. Could be when they were discovered they appeared wet or looked like they had been wet. Could be why they were searching the creek.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Does anyone believe that sexual motivation was NOT a part of this crime? I'm just wandering through a bunch of different scenarios.

Is there a consensus regarding whether the girls were at the North end of the bridge when they photographed the suspect approaching them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member