IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord have mercy. I hope to God you're not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes me too.
But when they said the area was searched previously and not found that came to mind.

So if they have DNA, did they test RL when he was arrested? They either don't have it and said they did, or I'd think they'd have mentioned whether or not RL matched or not or they do and for some reason either didn't test RL against it or are keeping quiet about the results for some reason.

I think RL's arrest and the searching was something that needed to be done, so I'm glad they did it, so we can at least know how much of his property was involved, but I don't think RL is the guy or we'd know more by now. I think they're trying to cover bases...which is commendable considering some police forces don't, but I also think they're at a dead end.

I hate they can't share more with the public that might be able to help, but I understand they have to weigh the costs.

Worth saying that in the articles about RL's trial LE did mention they were still waiting on results as far as the SW on his property. This could also include DNA, I don't know. I've seen different estimates and statistics cited for how long even DNA (rushed or not) takes. I would not assume it's all quick, definitely. Either way though, I genuinely don't think they know much yet as far as RL's property or anything they happened to find (which of course could include things found on or near the crime scene left by the killer that have nothing to do with RL, assuming RL had nothing to do with the killing). Think it's also been determined that RL's DNA would've *already* been in the system as a convicted felon.

Is it unusual to have two different dates for death when buried when they died together ?

It would of been very risky to keep one alive into that night and early hours imo

Is it unusual to have two different dates for death when buried when they died together ?

It would of been very risky to keep one alive into that night and early hours imo
If true he might have left them both for dead when in fact one wasn't. IMO

Superintendent Doug Carter of ISP confirmed DNA was recovered. Unless he retracted that confirmation later, I'm going to take him at his word.

Last night I didnt have time to post these for molecularblonde before the thread closed. I believe ISP Doug Carter's interview where he talked about evidence recovered should be in one of these two interviews Alexis McAdams of Fox59 did with him around March 8th. These came from her Facebook video library.

https://www.facebook.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/videos/1609577225723145/

https://www.facebook.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/videos/1607513879262813/

Some posters have alluded to the possibility the girls may have been covered or hidden. Then there has been suggestions they could have been hidden in the creek and removed later after the searches on the first day. IMO that could be likely they were hidden or even still in the creek when found. Or one in the water and one on the bank. JMO.

Yesterday Bemused linked a video from 1 of the first pressers right after the bodies were located. The presser included LE from Delphi, Carrol County and Indiana State. I believe the Indiana LE officer stated the bodies were located on the edge of the creek. I took that as on the bank very close (a few feet) from the creek.

I do agree though, I tend to try and find places like this for fishing and what we call creek stomping where I'm from ( walking in creeks for fun) just not in cold weather really. But even I get a feeling a creepy strangers is watching every time I go. Because you just never know. And it's sad we don't feel comfortable taking our kids to the places because this stuff is real and really happens. IMO it's a mess.

That's an interesting point too as far as the weather. I mean I'm of two minds because I'm also in the Midwest and I enjoy some trails and river walks in my home state a great deal but more as a warmer weather thing (chilly around the water especially!) BUT it was an unseasonably warm day the day of the murders and I also know the reality of this almost "delusion" we get with unseasonably warm days here in the Midwest (and I'm assuming in other cooler wintery climates as well) where see in the fall 40-45ish (which is what the temp was that day in Delphi) feels bitterly flipping cold but in the middle of winter it seems utterly fantastic and people are out without coats and so excited. I was out of the state during the time period of the crimes, in the Great Plains area, actually so different weather to some degree from where I'm from (Delphi has a somewhat milder winter than where I'm at too for that matter) and I remember that week being a great one from a weather perspective. People around me were joking about getting out their shorts. I think I went for a beautiful walk on the 13th honestly though it was closer to 50 where I was and utterly surreal to what I was used to in February.

So I don't know. I can sort of argue both ways on that. That perhaps in general the trail isn't used a lot in the winter but that day or the days surrounding it (think that warm front lasted several days or even much of the week) the trail saw greater use.

So much does seem to depend on time of day and weather anyway. I know I've been alone on trails even in the middle of summer because I picked an off time or something and other times I see tons of people. Worth saying if you do any sleuthing of folks in that town you will come across photos of that bridge again and again on SM. Seems quite popular in that regard. Moreso than trails or even the beautiful built up river walks in familiar with (of course I live in a much larger town too). Seemed to have been a pride of the area.

I don't think he kept one alive ....I. think he left her for dead.

That's horrendous and my other thought is equally as horrible and that is he killed one of them so the other one obeyed and didn't try anything.

Superintendent Doug Carter of ISP confirmed DNA was recovered. Unless he retracted that confirmation later, I'm going to take him at his word.

But we can't assume it was recovered from their bodies. I think it matters in convicting someone of murder - where and what kind are recovered.

That's an interesting point too as far as the weather. I mean I'm of two minds because I'm also in the Midwest and I enjoy some trails and river walks in my home state a great deal but more as a warmer weather thing (chilly around the water especially!) BUT it was an unseasonably warm day the day of the murders and I also know the reality of this almost "delusion" we get with unseasonably warm days here in the Midwest (and I'm assuming in other cooler wintery climates as well) where see in the fall 40-45ish (which is what the temp was that day in Delphi) feels bitterly flipping cold but in the middle of winter it seems utterly fantastic and people are out without coats and so excited. I was out of the state during the time period of the crimes, in the Great Plains area, actually so different weather to some degree from where I'm from (Delphi has a somewhat milder winter than where I'm at too for that matter) and I remember that week being a great one from a weather perspective. People around me were joking about getting out their shorts. I think I went for a beautiful walk on the 13th honestly though it was closer to 50 where I was and utterly surreal to what I was used to in February.

So I don't know. I can sort of argue both ways on that. That perhaps in general the trail isn't used a lot in the winter but that day or the days surrounding it (think that warm front lasted several days or even much of the week) the trail saw greater use.

So much does seem to depend on time of day and weather anyway. I know I've been alone on trails even in the middle of summer because I picked an off time or something and other times I see tons of people. Worth saying if you do any sleuthing of folks in that town you will come across photos of that bridge again and again on SM. Seems quite popular in that regard. Moreso than trails or even the beautiful built up river walks in familiar with (of course I live in a much larger town too). Seemed to have been a pride of the area.

I can understand some foot traffic on nice days over weekends but this was a weekday. Only a few ppl out there.

Nor does RL IMO

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Several threads ago (sometime last week, week before) I posed the question "Would you guess RL was 77 if you didn't know?" And most everyone who replied said yes. My dad is the same age and looks older I think and many folks say my dad looks younger so I don't know (worth adding my dad and RL have totally different builds but my dad also had a big mustache until a couple years ago when he decided to shave it because it was all white anyhow.) RL is also markedly more physically fit than both my parents who are by no means infirm. But I also have never been a fan of the age related assumptions that have been thrown about anyway. Age is not reason enough to rule someone out of this or most any crime, IMO. All that said I have no flipping clue anymore what to make of RL. Just adding my general thoughts here.

Yesterday Bemused linked a video from 1 of the first pressers right after the bodies were located. The presser included LE from Delphi, Carrol County and Indiana State. I believe the Indiana LE officer stated the bodies were located on the edge of the creek. I took that as on the bank very close (a few feet) from the creek.

This is the 10+ minute press conference the day the girls were discovered and it was approx 2-3 PM so just a few hours after Abby and Libby were found.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiBYdeGbdE

I was thinking the same thing!!
If BG came up from the south side and passed them the girls would be watching him as he turned around to head back South. When BG was sure there was no one else on the bridge, after walking 80 feet, he turned around back towards the girls. The final realignment from the turn is captured on Libby's pictures.

I practiced making a walking u turn, on a narrow path, and that realignment, turning slightly left occurs.

GH's video #3 is wonderful but he may have the direction BG enters the bridge from completely wrong.

What immediately jumped out at me from the video was the long vista both on the trail leading to the bridge and the long vista on the bridge itself. IMO BG would be very exposed during that long walk on a nice day.

He is evil and smarter than we imagine. Why not wait at the south end until the girls were in his his radius of control? He would be far less apt to be seen by other walkers and tnis would explain why Libby started filming.

BG could have seen the girls dropped off and then accessed the other end of the bridge from that dirt road.

He could have been on a motorcycle.

Or quite simply, they could've passed him on the trail, on their way to the bridge. That way, he knew they were alone already. He could've waited a while, made sure nobody else was coming, then made his way to the bridge. When Libby saw the "creepy" guy from earlier on the trail coming towards them, she started filming....still having no idea that this guy was really, really bad news.

IF they did indeed die on different days, this is exactly what I believe happened. And one rumor I read supports this theory :(.

But we can't assume it was recovered from their bodies. I think it matters in convicting someone of murder - where and what kind are recovered.

I agree with that because we don't know the source of the DNA or where it was recovered. A lot of people keep saying they don't think any DNA was recovered. Carter said they had a solid scientific component, paraphrase, so we will have to see what LE says when they do tell us anything.

I keep hoping every Friday brings an announcement of an arrest because authorities seem to be fond of Fridays to drop bombshells.

Did he hang them?
This would explain them not being found earlier.
No one looked up.

While that is not outside the realm of possibility, I think it much more likely that the girls were missed in the dark and the rather chaotic nature of newly organized searches for them. I think they were there, they were not seen the night of the initial searches (recall that those searches were called off that night because of the dangers involved - lack of visibility in a natural setting with creek, high bridge, ravines slopes and a million ways for a searcher to hurt himself). Next day, in daylight with more boots on the ground and permission for volunteers to search private property of RL, they were found.

BG's nose is very distinctive. It is referred to as a bulbous nose. (It has also been called potato nose on these threads). I hope the nose can play a role in identifying him.

Unfortunately based on the quality of the image, It's my belief that the only people that would be able to possibly ID BG are family members or close personal friends.....jmo

I can barely tell BG has a nose, much less the shape of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413