IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was your question.

Here is another case, and there are a bunch out there, you just have to do your home work.

If you don't have the time to search this subject, I can find many more, *when I get the time*.

His murder conviction was based on a single piece of forensic evidence recovered from the crime scene—a strand of hair—that prosecutors claimed belonged to Jones.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/dna-test-suggests-texas-may-have-executed-an-innocent-man/

In this case, the hair evidence was actually corroborating evidence for the testimony of a co-defendant. That's significantly different.

https://www.innocenceproject.org/injustice-in-texas-the-claude-jones-case/

Yes, there's a chance we could all be wrong but right now there's not much more to sleuth than what we know...otherwise I could be chasing down SK's from another state but the chances of it being that are much less than what I believe now, given what we do know. So I personally choose not to do that. If others wish to sleuth the killer in Idaho or wherever that's their prerogative and if they come up with something that makes me doubt what I think now then I will say so. And btw, I have seen lots of excellent points made that could possibly point to a suspect other than the property owner and likewise I see others who raise some excellent points much closer to home. So all this sleuthing, no matter what we believe makes it interesting all the same. I still believe it could be someone other than RL and I do keep an open mind to that, but until there is something interesting (to me) to sleuth on them I have to stick with my gut and intuition, cuz really, that's all any of us sleuthers have. Respectfully IMO.

What would be the motive?

LEO Tony Slocum's radio interview on WBAT on March 23, 2017

"I don't know if there was multiple people there because we still don't know.

“...we released a voice and we released a photograph but we're not saying they're the same person because quite frankly we don't know.”

When asked if he (Slocum and other LEO's) tries to draw a profile of who they are ultimately going to get. “Do you (Slocum) have an image in your mind of what this guy's going to be when you finally announce it?”

LEO Slocum: “...But the image I have is that photo, that's what I keep coming back to and trying to figure out what that face looks like..."

“...so, that's the image I have in my head and other investigators because you don't to get caught up in what does a criminal look like, you know we think it's that person (in the photo) or at least, at the very least, that person, that photo has participated so we try to stick with that, and if the facts change, then they change, and we'll move on from there.”

FWIW.

These people had a close call with an attempted abduction. They mentioned Abby and Libby. Just wanted to share what I came across while looking at attempted abduction in the surrounding areas of Delphi. Sorry if shared already, it just shows how this has affected so many there and everywhere. If not allowed delete but they didn't find those people trying to do this as far as I know. And it mentioned the girls
http://www.wthr.com/article/mom-war...-child-abduction-attempt-in-indy-neighborhood

Respectfully, LE cannot do anything until they have reasonable cause...so serving the SW's on March 17th tells me they have reason to believe he was involved in some way. LE cannot serve a SW merely based on grounds that the land owner "might possibly be" a suspect. That would not be reasonable.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but also in the US, a Search Warrant enables LE to legally search for and seize specific evidence. It's part of an investigative process but certainly not an instrument that demonstrates guilt just because one was issued. Simply put, its LE's legal method not to be accused of trespassing or theft.

Because RL owned the land where the bodies were found, the bar for Probable Cause wouldn't be very high.

For example what if an autopsy found victims had been shot with a certain type of gun. The SW would enable LE to search for that type of gun in order to conduct additional forensics and determine if it was the actual weapon.

I can think of one scenarios where a SW wouldn't be intended to implicate RL whatsoever. It's possible, considering his land was a crime scene, it was served to search for something not found, in order to prove due diligence so he can't later become an theory of defence for the person who's eventually charged.

Because we know so little information, a SW really proves nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm new here but have a few comments:
1) Whats the distance from the TS to back home - was it feasible for RL to make it back in time, having been there at noon, to be on the trail by 1?
2) I'm wondering if actually the police have DNA or other evidence that rules RL out as a suspect since he has not been detained or charged
3) What strikes me is how risky the crime was - there was such a short window for the crime to be committed and other walkers coming by and the search commencing.
4) Though I dont believe there is any other rational explanation than the murders and other acts were committed there - as if one or both of the girls were taken from the scene its the last place the killer would return them to with the inevitable searches and police bound to be there
5) <modsnip>
6) Re the mobile footage - the picture of the girl on the tracks would instantly have been uploaded on to snapchat - probably on the timeline or memories which would have stayed not faded (fades only happen when they are posted personally to one other person). The picture of the BG would be on the phone or cloud and accessed either via the actual phone or the mobile provider. Why was the voice released later though?
7) <modsnip>

Not to mention that I posted an article yesterday where LE said that BG had NOT come forward and talked to LE yet. That means that BG is NOT RL.

<modsnip>

Hopefully justice for Libby and Abby will come soon. This thread is about them.

(Just jumping off your post, Shiressleuth. None of this is directed at you)

I am quite sure what LE means is that BG has not come forth to identify himself and say that was him on the bridge that day. I have not heard anything to say R/L has "come forth" to say that either was or wasn't him. Just because LE spoke to R/L previously does not mean R/L voluntarily "came forth" to talk about the picture of BG. So this proves nothing and eliminates no one. All it means to me is BG has not identified himself voluntarily.

Take a breather for a few.

It's fine to agree to disagree or have a differing viewpoint. Just do it respectfully without snark. If you cannot scroll and roll past someone you disagree with make friends with your ignore feature found in your general settings.

Things getting heated is a side effect of natural frustration with no new leads to discuss, no updates from LE and the desire to see an arrest and justice for the girls. But bickering does nothing to resolve any of that frustration and only serves to close the thread.

Carry on

Look at how far BG's pant legs go down toward his feet. Don't know that those are boots - I don't think anyone has identified the footwear.

His shoes have bugged me from the beginning. To me they don't 'go' with the rest of that ensemble. From pants up his clothing looks like a casually dressed middle-aged Midwestern man who's not particularly athletic (perhaps leaning a bit toward the frumpy side) and doesn't spend a lot of money on clothing. I tend to lean toward Salvation Army jeans because of the older baggier style. Another way to phrase that is what we don't see in the jacket is the slim fit athletic look of North Face, Under Armour or similar trendier outdoor brands. But the shoes send a different message: outdoor athletic. The opposite of his clothing. I'm pretty convinced he's wearing what's marketed as a trail shoe or trail running shoe. (Standard hiking boots are heftier and generally don't have reflective pieces, whereas trail shoes or trail boots are lighter weight & usually have reflective pieces.) Hard to tell if they're standard shoe height or 'mid-cut' that stops just above the ankle. The point I'm trying to make is on a man wearing that style jacket & jeans I would expect to see a pair of brown suede work type boots, standard middle-aged mostly white tennis shoes or some kind of knock around footwear. I would not expect to see a pair of shoes specifically designed & marketed for trail use. I do not feel those shoes are accidental. I think BG wore them to accommodate the type of terrain he intended to be on that day. Hope I'm making sense. MOO
An example: Adidas Rockadia Trail Running Shoes: http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/74725-1039241/adidas/Black_Grey/Mens+Rockadia+Trail+Running+Shoe.aspx?partnerid=MSNpla&cvo_adid=1039241-74725-11.0D&cvosrc=cse.BingShopping.74725&cvo_campaign=General&KPID=1039241-74725-11.0D%26k_clickid%3De37a5833-5a59-4e44-9294-c031b9616056

Perhaps we have all been thrown off course by the picture of BG. I keep thinking about a post by "Frolic With Me" on April 6 at 7:10, not sure how to bring it forward to this thread.

Basically, the post suggests BG could be highly intelligent based on the FBI response. What if the local looking clothes are all part of the disguise. One would not expect BG to wear anything that would identify him if it was premeditated. Why not blend in?

I was thinking for so long that it must be a local, a tough guy, or a hitchhiker. Someone that seemed like the picture of BG.

I read for the first time about Ted Bundy's trail of evil. No fingerprints were ever found. He attacked in hallways, in parks, on campus, night, daylight.....very fast. He had a kill kit with handcuffs. No one ever heard the victims scream. He was a master of disguise.

What if BG is so much smarter than we give him credit for. The clothes he was wearing were throw away clothes so why not make them a disguise.

Great post, and MOO is BG is wearing a disguise. He could have bought it just before the murders at a Rural King or some other store here in the Midwest. members have commented on the jeans, to me they look stiff, as in not broken in, which is why a lot of folks were thrown off at first, thinking there is something underneath. If there is anything underneath the jeans on his legs, I would think they would be long johns/thermal underwear.

The more intelligent SK's can be extremely meticulous in covering their tracks.

MOO is the killer in this case is at least above-average in intelligence, has killed before, and is very methodical in how he goes about murdering people. Like other killers, he goes after more vulnerable women, or women in vulnerable situations when he strikes, maybe all of them juveniles. One SK that comes to mind is Shawcross, and he changed his MO like a lot of killers do. Killed two juveniles, then years later went after prostitutes.

This was a brazen attack, and had to have taken some planning and even some recon of the area where it happened.

I appreciate the breather.

There's still a lot of information that is sealed and there may possibly be results of the investigation yet to be revealed.

As it stands now, it makes sense to consider every possibility we have--including RL and many, many people who are not RL.

The point in the end is not to be deemed right, but to find justice for Libby and Abby.

May the diverse opinions continue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members