IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you LE or former LEO who's investigated even one double homicide?

It's easy to armchair quarterback how a homicide investigation goes or should be going. I imagine they're like snowflakes in that they're all snowflakes but each is unique. IMO

You don't have to be a LE or LEO to know how DNA works and how automatic it is for getting convection in court cases.

I'm saying if they find a suspect who's DNA matches the DNA found at the crime scene, that person is going to be arrested and charged IMMEDIATELY.

It doesn't take that long to build a case if they have DNA, man. It would take no more then a day or 2 and then there would be an arrest, Delphi is so small LE could have checked everyone there by now, again, I believe it's someone who knows the area but in no way lives near Delphi
check out these turn around times if you have a suspect in mind. It looks like 6 weeks in Indiana, which is the same amounts of time LE told it would take to get the DNA from the search at RL's. It can take more than DNA tor a conviction.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

You don't have to be a LE or LEO to know how DNA works and how automatic it is for getting convection in court cases.

I'm saying if they find a suspect who's DNA matches the DNA found at the crime scene, that person is going to be arrested and charged IMMEDIATELY.

Please cite even one murder conviction that was based on a single piece of evidence, no other evidence presented or investigated, on a single DNA sample. TIA

ETA The DA is not going to file murder charges unless and until they have confidence the charges will stick, backed by evidence. The clock starts ticking once charges are filed & an arrest effected because there are time limits imposed by the law. The accused has rights, and there is also the issue of double jeopardy. Look at Robert Blake and OJ as examples. MOO

It doesn't take that long to build a case if they have DNA, man. It would take no more then a day or 2 and then there would be an arrest, Delphi is so small LE could have checked everyone there by now, again, I believe it's someone who knows the area but in no way lives near Delphi

It's possible that it's not the perps DNA that they are looking at. It is possible that one of the girls DNA will be found in a location that it shouldn't be.

Please cite even one murder conviction that was based on a single piece of evidence, no other evidence presented or investigated, on a single DNA sample. TIA

Happens all the time, not hard to look up

Allegedly an accident but it seems like a HUGE coincidence to me - the killing of another teen, from the same school in a very small town, 9 days after the murders? And on the same day LE release an audio clip that potentially identifies the suspect?? Seems mighty hinky to me.....

I would think with every LE branch being in Delphi that week that they looked into it. I didn't find any relationship to Libby/Abby in that circle of people.

JMO

That is not always the case, especially if they want a conviction. Lets use RL as an example. If the only DNA found was around the crime scene and not physically on the girls any good attorney could explain it away. After all he lives on the property. LE would need further evidence to tie him to the killings.They would need something like the murder weapon.

Agree, IF there is a dna match found from evidence from the crime scene with the image and audio who ever it is will have a hard time proving innocence. IF jmo

Imo the image is worthless as an identifier, even if they find BG.

The poster said an arrest & charged, not a conviction on dna alone. Jmo

ETA The DA is not going to file murder charges unless and until they have confidence the charges will stick, backed by evidence. The clock starts ticking once charges are filed & an arrest effected because there are time limits imposed by the law. The accused has rights, and there is also the issue of double jeopardy. Look at Robert Blake and OJ as examples. MOO

Happens all the time, not hard to look up

If people are convicted for murder based on a single DNA sample, sans any other evidence, our judicial system is seriously broken. IMO

check out these turn around times if you have a suspect in mind. It looks like 6 weeks in Indiana, which is the same amounts of time LE told it would take to get the DNA from the search at RL's. It can take more than DNA tor a conviction.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

I'm assuming that's not fast tracked. If they fast tracked what was found at the crime scene seems any other dna would be fast tracked in this case as well. Jmo

Yes, thank you. I'm pointing out they don't arrest until the investigation is complete, they're sure they have the guilty party, and they feel they can prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt in court, not based on a single DNA hit.

While I don't think guns accidents are likely to happen in the environment of someone who is a discreet owner and disciplined in safe and proper handling of firearms, I do think it's possible that environments where there is a lot of gun bravado, however accomplished the gun owner, are likely to be dangerous environments. Having said that, I don't see any connection to the murder of the girls either.

Just jumping in to give a theory - what if KKR said to companion, JW, hey that looks like your jacket, or hat, etc. There doesn't necessarily need to be a personal connection.
IMO if I have thought of this, 100 people have already checked this out. But I get what the OP from last night and norah are saying, I think.

BTW - All this crypticness is from post # 847 of the last thread.

since people have the right to a speedy trial LE likes to know that they are likely to obtain a conviction after an arrest. So they often wait as they build a case. This is not uncommon at all.

If people are convicted for murder based on a single DNA sample, sans any other evidence, our judicial system is seriously broken. IMO
Good point!
Hmm... yet people are often aren't they?
If DNA is found after a sexual assault and murder, a suspect is questioned and denies any sexual contact with the victim yet his DNA is recovered and a match, don't they usually take it to a grand jury and move forward?

How else does one explain how his DNA got inside of someone else?
I remember a set of twins with the same DNA, obviously one of them was the killer, but I don't remember how that played out or of either was ever found guilty.

Just thinking out loud! MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Good point!
If DNA is found after a sexual assault and murder, a suspect is questioned and denies any sexual contact with the victim yet his DNA is recovered and a match, don't they usually take it to a grand jury and move forward?

I remember a set of twins with the same DNA, obviously one of them was the killer, but I don't remember how that played out or of either was ever found guilty.

Most murders do not involved SA. Many happen without leaving any DNA on the victim. DNA can be left at a CS but not on the victim, that doesn't make the person whose DNA it is the one who committed the crime.

Good point!

I don't think this applies in this case, but as an example.

A woman has sex with her boyfriend and is robbed and murdered, but not sexually assaulted, on her way home at 2 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel