IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want to misunderstand you, but are you saying you think LE is somehow framing an innocent man because they can't solve the case? TIA

No, obviously RL violated his probation.

However LE is certainly not distancing him from their investigation. If he's a suspect, why not name him? Many people believe the PC of the SW eludes to him being suspected. LE are keeping so much of this investigation under their raps (intentionally?) that it casts suspicion on RL. That doesn't seem to concern them that SM is rampant with RL theories, contrary to insisting he's not a suspect "at this time", etc.

RL cannot even defend himself considering he's in jail.

I'm not sure what kind of phone she had, but most smartphones have a locator. Wouldn't it show the movement of the phone prior to it being turned off/battery running out, etc.?

However LE is certainly not distancing him from their investigation. If he's a suspect, why not name him?

I posted in this thread why should they until they're done with the investigation and ready to make an arrest. No reason to because he's in jail so they know where he is 24/7. No urgency in asking the public for tips and actions of LE in the last two months tell me a lot. The red flags and smoke I smell tell me a lot more. I will be happy to be be told my assumptions and opinions are in error because I'd really like to see another plausible explanation when LE does announce an arrest. IMO

Some are talking about RL's talking to the press and wondering why he spoke openly and some said without feeling when he mentioned someone being killed on his property.

I agree with you on the voice and I have always said I hear "go down the hill," it's most definitely there. I've ben doing medical transcription over 20 years so I'm used to hearing recordings also. I do hear it as only three syllables however it sounds like he scrunched up the first two words as if they were one, therefore leaving the impression that he's really only saying three words but he's actually saying four, in my opinion. I hear "GoDown The Hill" and the "GoDown" part is spoken quickly leaving the impression that its only one word being spoken right there but its not IMO.
I agree that the first word is godown the hill .. or gadown the hill .. It doesent seem like a big deal but using go instead of get makes me think he wasn't fustrated with the girls yet .. and they could have been cooperating , which led me to belive they knew him or were familiar with him in some sence .. however he could have been controlling them with a weapon .. in anycase I pray they catch him

I am convinced that the man who did this came home with damp, stinky socks that day, and I'm convinced that he made some excuse for his shoes ... perhaps he bought new ones, perhaps he put them in the dryer ... either way, I think he had wet feet at the end of the day.

Is there no one who's partner companion came home with something about his socks and shoes? Maybe new ones?

There is no way that the suspect murdered the children without having some trace of having walked through a creek especially given that his pants were not tucked in boots during the abduction.

Someone knows someone who had a problem with socks / shoes that day.

Maybe BG lived alone, so no concern at all for him. moo

Some are talking about RL's talking to the press and wondering why he spoke openly and some said without feeling when he mentioned someone being killed on his property.

No one needs a speechwriter for that, IMO. No one would expect to see a farmer in his 70's be an eloquent speaker. It was what he said and how he said it that piqued my interest.

I'm not sure what kind of phone she had, but most smartphones have a locator. Wouldn't it show the movement of the phone prior to it being turned off/battery running out, etc.?
It would. We don't know if LE has Libby's phone. If they do, they would know where that phone was (approximately) up until it was turned off/battery died.

Welcome to WebSleuths!

I have always felt RL isn't BG but could be involved some other way. Now I don't know, if he was wouldn't LE have charged him with something along the lines of refuse to disclose information or something? I thought not cooperating with authorities in a major crime is taken very seriously, especially if you lied about where you were the day a double homicide occurred on your property. Is this why he was punished so harshly or is there more to this. I am getting a weird feeling and can't work it out, we are missing something big IMO

I am convinced that the man who did this came home with damp, stinky socks that day, and I'm convinced that he made some excuse for his shoes ... perhaps he bought new ones, perhaps he put them in the dryer ... either way, I think he had wet feet at the end of the day.

Is there no one who's partner companion came home with something about his socks and shoes? Maybe new ones?

There is no way that the suspect murdered the children without having some trace of having walked through a creek especially given that his pants were not tucked in boots during the abduction.

Well approximately 1/3 of households in the US these days are single-occupant...so he could well live alone.

unless they live by alone...

I have always felt RL isn't BG but could be involved some other way. Now I don't know, if he was wouldn't LE have charged him with something along the lines of refuse to disclose information or something? I thought not cooperating with authorities in a major crime is taken very seriously, especially if you lied about where you were the day a double homicide occurred on your property. Is this why he was punished so harshly or is there more to this. I am getting a weird feeling and can't work it out, we are missing something big IMO
he has the right to be silent.

Imo if she used one with a tracker​and FBI was involved they may have been found the day before. But I could be wrong. I'm not sure how those things work. Or if they found her phone vs using cloud for the video. Let me know what you guys think. Interesting idea ikihoku

Well, here is my current thinking for a female in a multi-perpetrator scenario. Libby was concerned enough to start recording video. BG was quite a distance away. We have gotten to see a clipped and enlarged (effectively zoomed plus some other adjustments) view of BG. Libby and possibly Abby would have seen him differently and certainly not as well as we see in those not so good images. There isn't any indication of anything in BG's possession threatening the girls from that distance - not in his hands for sure since we can't even see them. Also, if Libby was concerned enough to start a video I would think that level of concern would be enough to make them want to get out of there. Yet, that does not appear to be what happened. For some reason the girls could not get out of where they were.

So, my working theory is that there were one or more perpetrators near or behind the girls and that meant they were effectively, if not actually, trapped in place. If there were another perpetrator and it was a lone male that was near or behind the girls that would likely be enough to raise the concern to start recording. But, given that there aren't dense woods in the immediate area of where the girls were (per GH) at the south end of the bridge and no leaves or foliage then their view of the immediate area would be pretty good so it would not be as if someone could easily sneak up on them. However, if that other person were a lone female or a male/female couple then that might not raise the alarm that caused Libby to start recording until something started happening closer to the girls. Either way, I believe something occurred prior to BG getting anywhere close to the girls and that is what caused LIbby to start recording.

Why would she record in the direction of BG?

I posted in this thread why should they until they're done with the investigation and ready to make an arrest. No reason to because he's in jail so they know where he is 24/7. No urgency in asking the public for tips and actions of LE in the last two months tell me a lot. The red flags and smoke I smell tell me a lot more. I will be happy to be be told my assumptions and opinions are in error because I'd really like to see another plausible explanation when LE does announce an arrest. IMO

If LE believes they are allowed to snail pace an investigation just because their suspect is in jail, that certainly doesn't serve to instill public confidence in their role in seeking justice. While LE investigates, they're only part of the early process as they neither indict or convict. Innocent until proven guilty....

I have another possible, but not very probable, scenario involving 2 or more perps.

I'll start with something I've mentioned before: he is heading south on the bridge and they are facing north. I could see them watch him approaching and starting to cross back to the north side so they aren't alone with him on the south side because something he did earlier made them suspicious of him. When they get to the platform, they step onto it and wait for him to pass and then continue north. He turns around and follows them, making them even more nervous. They notice someone heading toward them from at or near the cemetery and run to him for help because by then they're sure BG is up to something. What they don't realize is that the guy they run to for help had dropped BG off, drove to the cemetery to park, and was on his way to help abduct them.

When they get to him, BG is right behind them. Each man grabs one of them and the guy who hadn't been running tells them to go down the hill. Once the girls are dead, one would go back for the car while the other went back to the bridge or crossed the creek and went to meet up at a predetermined spot. That way if anyone did see either of them leaving and find the girls right away, they'd most likely be looking for one man; they could also each have a change of clothes in the vehicle so they wouldn't fit any description that might be given.

Maybe not my opinion, but my story!

I think his sentence was because of two things. The fact he lied about where he was that day and because of everything else he had done in the past and how they gave him a break on it. I agree we might be missing something too....I keep re-reading all the articles thinking something will pop out at me that I didn't notice before...

However LE is certainly not distancing him from their investigation. If he's a suspect, why not name him? Many people believe the PC of the SW eludes to him being suspected. LE are keeping so much of this investigation under their raps (intentionally?) that it casts suspicion on RL. That doesn't seem to concern them that SM is rampant with RL theories, contrary to insisting he's not a suspect "at this time", etc.

RL cannot even defend himself considering he's in jail.
It is not unusual for LE not to name a suspect until an arrest.

Actually this IS election year for the sheriff, from what I understand.
Further to your thoughts, I've been reading some of the initial media reports from almost two months ago. Considering the amount of time that's passed from the early optimistic days of LE almost ready to nail the case shut, now I can't quite shirk an uneasy feeling about the unexpected direction this case has taken although I'd be delighted to be wrong.

Contrary to the time that's passed, I notice that RL is still very much an unofficial suspect according to SM. While LE continue to stress he's not a suspect, at the same time current events are keeping his name in the media spotlight. As he's now locked up for 3 1/2 years, considering his age and that's he's already over the hill in terms of male life expectancy, he could die before his release.

What I don't want to think about, is this a roundabout way of conveniently closing a potentially unsolvable case? Are folks in and around Delphi satisfied that RL is behind bars for whatever reason it may be? The next election is undoubtedly within the next 3 1/2 years. A few posters here have questioned the rational for locking someone up that truly requires an stringent rehab program considering it's well established that incarceration does not cure addiction and I strongly agree.

All that has left me wondering, hoping it's not what it's beginning to appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth