IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the most likely explanation is a local. To me it seems like this guy was likely familiar with the area, which lessened the girls possible advantage of knowing escape routes.k

Back when I was a student at Purdue, on weekends, my roommates and I would drive from our apartment in Lafayette to Monticello, IN to boat on one of the twin lakes, go to Indiana Beach, hike, fish, make our our own fun, etc. Monticello was a fairly popular destination for Lafayette dwellers and vice versa.

Back roads were preferred, particularly when we were underage and there was a potential for being caught for having alcohol in the vehicle, but also because we enjoyed exploring and weren't time bound.

We would sometimes stop at a friend's apartment in Delphi, which was at about the midpoint of that trip.

I can't help but think that may be a possible way that BG became familiar with the area, even if not a Delphi resident at some point in time, per se, maybe he passed through with some regularity? IMO totally possible - Delphi isn't as isolated as one might think - also not far at all from I-65 and a way point from Lafayette to Logansport.

I was reading a post on reddit and was wondering if anyone had heard that there is a possible connection to the "flora Fire" murders?

I had not! It is weird that Carroll County has had 6 murders of little girls the last 6 months or so. That story is also being kept closely under wraps here. All they released was the fire was found to be intentionally set and. It another damn word has been spoken about it! What is the connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be poorly written or interpreted. I read it as they know who the BG is. How else can they conclusively link the BG to the murders? They can't know that the DNA definitely came from the BG unless they know who he is. JMO

What am I missing?

Unless they may have something, like an article of clothing, that BG is wearing in the photo and that was found at the CS and has male DNA on it. Possible, IMO?

Back when I was a student at Purdue, on weekends, my roommates and I would drive from our apartment in Lafayette to Monticello, IN to boat on one of the twin lakes, go to Indiana Beach, hike, fish, make our our own fun, etc. Monticello was a fairly popular destination for Lafayette dwellers and vice versa.

Back roads were preferred, particularly when we were underage and there was a potential for being caught for having alcohol in the vehicle, but also because we enjoyed exploring and weren't time bound.

We would sometimes stop at a friend's apartment in Delphi, which was at about the midpoint of that trip.

I can't help but think that may be a possible way that BG became familiar with the area, even if not a Delphi resident at some point in time, per se, maybe he passed through with some regularity? IMO totally possible - Delphi isn't as isolated as one might think - also not far at all from I-65 and a way point from Lafayette to Logansport.

I think that's a good point. When I say local, I am open to the idea of not just someone who lives there currently, but also someone familiar with the area bc they grew up there or live in the same general region (county, same side of state etc.) and became acquainted with the small town due to business/family/travel etc. Thanks for sharing!

Maybe it's just EVIDENCE, not necessarily DNA? Maybe some portion of the outfit that BG is wearing was found at the scene? Just a thought.

Thanks Yellow Rose! I just responded similarly before I saw your post. My only addition was that maybe male DNA was found on whatever was found at the CS and was also seen in the photo of BG.

Well idk IMO there could be a number of reasons, like if their were two perps, you bag one too quickly the other runs, and that one is just as important. Or they aren't suspect " at this time" which I keep hearing. I can visualize a few scenarios where LE would refrain from calling someone a solid suspect until they feel it necessary or gather everything they need. But who really knows? All imo
i agree with the owner of this web site when she said the other day that LE rarely name a suspect prior to arrest.

I had not! It is weird that Carroll County has had 6 murders of little girls the last 6 months or so. That story is also being kept closely under wraps here. All they released was the fire was found to be intentionally set and. It another damn word has been spoken about it! What is the connection?

I don't know of a connection but I certainly can understand why, if there's lingering fear and a level of uncertainty within of the community right now.

When the fire occurred in Nov, 2016 it seems it was reported by Carroll County that no foul play was suspected because K9 dogs didn't detect accelerant. Then in January, two months later, the Indiana Department of Homeland Security revealed accelerants were indeed found throughout the house and the tragic death of the four girls became an unsolved homicide.
http://wishtv.com/2017/01/30/new-deadly-flora-fire-evidence-frustrates-carroll-county-sheriff/

Yes. We are worried and feel like he's still around here.

Is it your or the local community's impression the families are not satifisfied with the investigation? I've not heard or read anything even hinting the families are critical of LE. TIA

I think that's a good point. When I say local, I am open to the idea of not just someone who lives there currently, but also someone familiar with the area bc they grew up there or live in the same general region (county, same side of state etc.) and became acquainted with the small town due to business/family/travel etc. Thanks for sharing!

I agree with you - I think he lived in Delphi in the past, but resides elsewhere now.

I have been looking at the photo again and I just don't see that as RL.

The picture is terrible but I don't see a 78 year old man that's for sure.

I totally agree and so did a lot of people when they first studied the photos. When the threads slowed down I read the first two because I was late joining this case.

While I was reading I paid attention to the descriptions our fellow posters offered. Thoughts on BG's age ranged from twenties to 45-55. moo

I don't know the connection but I'm just noticing that case was somewhat botched by Carroll County at the onset because the K9 dogs didn't detect accelerants. Then it was two months later that the Indiana Dept of Homeland Security ruled otherwise and the death of the four young girls was then deemed homicide. I think I can understand why there'd be a level of uneasiness amongst locals, given the current lack of information that prevails at present.

http://wishtv.com/2017/01/30/new-deadly-flora-fire-evidence-frustrates-carroll-county-sheriff/

Is it your or the local community's impression the families are not satifisfied with the investigation? I've not heard or read anything even hinting the families are critical of LE. TIA

I'm not a local but if i as a family member i would not show displeasure at LE and their investigation. Jmo

Thanks Yellow Rose! I just responded similarly before I saw your post. My only addition was that maybe male DNA was found on whatever was found at the CS and was also seen in the photo of BG.

Watch Alexis McAdams's interview with Superintendent Doug Carter of ISP. He confirmed they have DNA but not what the source was or where it was recovered. He did say they have a solid scientific component. Her teaser said evidence *linking* to the killer was found, IIRC. It's in her Facebook video library around March 8-10.

I had a duh moment last night because I assumed Doug Carter was a higher up but didn't realize he's in charge of the entire Indiana State Police.

In regards to the girls being taken elsewhere, I personally don't think they were taken anywhere in a car but I do wonder if one or both of the girls were taken to a nearby barn or shed.
I just can't see anyone getting away with a double homicide in broad daylight in an area that was fairly sparse of vegetation at the time.
It's also an area where anyone could show up at any moment as it's a well used public walking trail. Also keep in mind we know there was several other people walking in the area not so long after BG's image was taken and none of these people seen the girls or BG which I find odd considering the time frame.

In regards to the girls being taken elsewhere, I personally don't think they were taken anywhere in a car but I do wonder if one or both of the girls were taken to a nearby barn or shed.
I just can't see anyone getting away with a double homicide in broad daylight in an area that was fairly sparse of vegetation at the time.
It's also an area where anyone could show up at any moment as it's a well used public walking trail. Also keep in mind we know there was several other people walking in the area not so long after BG's image was taken and none of these people seen the girls or BG which I find odd considering the time frame.

Does anyone know if the creek side directly across from the crime scene where the girls were found is part of the hiking trails? It seemed like it was fairly off the beaten track in that JM video. I don't know where the trail goes at the SE end of the bridge.

Liberty was using SC for BG and camera for snapshot of Abby. These kids with phones use them so frequently that they perform tasks quickly with their phones and probably could do so blindfolded. LG notices BG is rapidly coming while walking on the side of the trestle and not in the middle. LG was distancing herself and perhaps walking away, due to the positioning of BGs image. She miraculously managed to capture BG as she and Abby were being sent "Down the Hill" by another, who may have been a part of the witnesses; thereby, explaining a possible female's presence or, in the least, another guy ambushing the two girls.

BG has not yet made it to the SE end when the words are spoken, DTH or GDown the Hill if that is what you hear.

It is my best guess that a confrontation to the side of the girls or behind them at the SE end of Monon High Bridge was beginning as LG used the SC app. This action took place at 2:30. That is the last known time of BGs location. It is on the billboards, if any are still out there.

However, we simply cannot ignore the fact of Liberty's phone pinging around town until it stopped. This supports a 2nd CS. Kidnaping at the bridge. Murders elsewhere YTBD. Placed on RLs property. RL goes away to die in handcuffs.

When speaking of allocating funds for FBI billboards, they typically are rented, or donated, for a set time period. Perhaps they decided not to renew. For Jessica Chambers' murder, the FBI offered a substantial reward and placed numerous billboards in six states surrounding the crime. Killer was local. They were removed a long time before the killer was arrested. He killed again in Louisiana within a year.

And please do not come at me about the leniency in the law regarding RLs record. A quick glance of outstanding warrants and charges filed without arrests being made fill this immediate area. LE has served 70+ search for probable cause warrants. That is a lot of folks in the low populated area to be arrested after February 13 on outstanding warrants or PCW.

As a resident, I might wonder why so many living near my home had unresolved legal matter pending with the courts.

With a backdrop from the beautiful Heartland Highway, two young girls were targeted, politely possibly at first, then the true purpose revealed itself. It's likely Liberty taped to SC until the ph ran out of power.

I'm not sure how billboard funds or leniency laws are related to my post that you quoted? I had referenced another member's remark that the phone was in motion and Libby was likely reacting to something happening closer to her than BG.

At any rate, there may have been two people, but I believe one could just as easily swiftly get control of two kids alone in that scenario. How Libby and Abby were approached is simply unknown, but my guess is the "down the hill" remark was shortly after BG was caught on Libby's camera.

And it makes sense to me that if there's audio of the greater crime, LE likely has an impression or perhaps can even say how many people were present. I don't really think that the early remarks that they don't know if there was only one person, or whether or not the voice is BG's, are particularly literal or continue to stand. Most of their remarks are framed in either 'we don't know" or "can't confirm or deny" language.

An article from this morning 04/12/17:

Investigators believe they're getting closer to solving Delphi murders

It's been just over eight weeks since the bodies of Abby Williams and Libby German were found near a trail in Delphi.

Police said they're still receiving around 100 tips every day.
Our sister station in Indianapolis, WTHR, said investigators think they're getting closer, and are confident they will solve the case.
If you have any information about what happened to Abby Williams or Libby German, or recognize the man in the picture, call (844) 459-5786.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Investigators-believe-theyre-getting-closer-to-solving-Delphi-murders-419234024.html

Welcome to Websleuths Bagonzo,

Please do not post anything until you get the OK from management.
In the meantime please send the info you have, including the police article to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Thank you,
Tricia
owner Websleuths.com
I am new here since this case and had seen something posted today about 2 registered SOs in my area (45 mins from Delphi area) and one looks just like BG . The article was posted by police how these two were at a park that is secluded in the woods somewhat and one who was at an Easter egg hunt. Can I post a link to their pictures or SO registry site???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member