Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An article from this morning 04/12/17:

Investigators believe they're getting closer to solving Delphi murders

It's been just over eight weeks since the bodies of Abby Williams and Libby German were found near a trail in Delphi.

Police said they're still receiving around 100 tips every day.
Our sister station in Indianapolis, WTHR, said investigators think they're getting closer, and are confident they will solve the case.
If you have any information about what happened to Abby Williams or Libby German, or recognize the man in the picture, call (844) 459-5786.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Investigators-believe-theyre-getting-closer-to-solving-Delphi-murders-419234024.html

Fluff. Doesn't inspire confidence in me at all.

Liberty was using SC for BG and camera for snapshot of Abby. These kids with phones use them so frequently that they perform tasks quickly with their phones and probably could do so blindfolded. LG notices BG is rapidly coming while walking on the side of the trestle and not in the middle. LG was distancing herself and perhaps walking away, due to the positioning of BGs image. She miraculously managed to capture BG as she and Abby were being sent "Down the Hill" by another, who may have been a part of the witnesses; thereby, explaining a possible female's presence or, in the least, another guy ambushing the two girls.

BG has not yet made it to the SE end when the words are spoken, DTH or GDown the Hill if that is what you hear.

It is my best guess that a confrontation to the side of the girls or behind them at the SE end of Monon High Bridge was beginning as LG used the SC app. This action took place at 2:30. That is the last known time of BGs location. It is on the billboards, if any are still out there...

Just to weigh in here with my own ideas- I was thinking, and posted earlier, that LG could have taken a photo or video on Snapchat OF Libby and happened to get BG in the frame.

Then, once BG got closer she felt they may be in danger and started recording again, maybe on Snapchat maybe on her regular video feature (as he was walking this would give her the very short amount of time needed to switch apps). This could be where she caught the "down the hill" audio, on purpose.

It's IMO that she could have taken two videos. One gave LE and the public the still photo of BG, and then, as he came nearer, the second recording gave LE and the public the "down the hill" audio.

I'm still not convinced there's a second perp given what we DO have but anythinf is possible and I'm keeping an open mind.

There's no way to know until LE and MSM releases more info, but I believe this is likely behavior for a teen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there anyone else missing from that part of Indiana recently? Could the perp have seen the pics released by police and hightailed it out of town assuming they would be tracked down? Then the perp's family or workplace might have reported them missing?

Or, a far less likely scenario, but is there any chance BG was somehow killed as well? Were there 2 people there engaging in criminal activity? Could one of the criminals have killed the girls bc of what they saw and then killed their business partner for fear they might turn them in?

Even more outrageously, if you follow the twist, any chance a local (even RL) stumbled upon the crime scene and killed BG himself but was afraid to admit it for fear of being tied to the scene? Could the FBI and LE searchers wading through the creek have been looking for another body?

Again, I see the most likely explanation as a local-ish man quickly SA-ed them and then quickly disposed of the bodies and took off. But I am trying to think out of the box and consider the possible "twist."

Well, I still find it odd that there are no more press conferences, no more tweets, seemingly no more anything but these small articles saying they are getting closer.
Inconsistent statements about the DNA, seems like their idea of 'fast tracked' is different than mine, 4-8 weeks, really? Of course I'm not LE or anything else, so
that could indeed be the meaning of fast tracked....3-6 months instead of 9+months....sigh...

Just to weigh in here with my own ideas- I was thinking, and posted earlier, that LG could have taken a photo or video on Snapchat OF Libby and happened to get BG in the frame.

Then, once BG got closer she felt they may be in danger and started recording again, maybe on Snapchat maybe on her regular video feature (as he was walking this would give her the very short amount of time needed to switch apps). This could be where she caught the "down the hill" audio, on purpose.

It's IMO that she could have taken two videos. One gave LE and the public the still photo of BG, and then, as he came nearer, the second recording gave LE and the public the "down the hill" audio.

I'm still not convinced there's a second perp given what we DO have but anythinf is possible and I'm keeping an open mind.

There's no way to know until LE and MSM releases more info, but I believe this is likely behavior for a teen.

I have also wondered if the "down the hill" audio could've been from the first encounter (as LE suggested they had a previous encounter with BG) BEFORE the bridge pic.

I have also wondered if the "down the hill" audio could've been from the first encounter (as LE suggested they had a previous encounter with BG) BEFORE the bridge pic.

I've thought about the prior confrontation comment. Maybe Libby was talking to Abby or just generally giving a play-by-play while she was recording as in "here comes that weirdo that yelled at us earlier".

LE suggested there was an previous encounter? Is there a link for that? TIA

I totally agree and so did a lot of people when they first studied the photos. When the threads slowed down I read the first two because I was late joining this case.

While I was reading I paid attention to the descriptions our fellow posters offered. Thoughts on BG's age ranged from twenties to 45-55. moo

Those pictures... I think he looks to be in his late 30's in pic #1 and 10 or so years older in pic #2. Remember when someone put the shot of BG on the bridge beside Abby? I thought he looked really young (20's) in that one.

Those pictures... I think he looks to be in his late 30's in pic #1 and 10 or so years older in pic #2. Remember when someone put the shot of BG on the bridge beside Abby? I thought he looked really young (20's) in that one.

Hi Frosted, that was me. When I put him next to her like that I thought he almost looked fresh out of high school.

Interesting to me that the FBI website is no longer using the older looking photo so I am thinking that LE feels the younger looking one is a truer likeness?

Hi Frosted, that was me. When I put him next to her like that I thought he almost looked fresh out of high school.

Interesting to me that the FBI website is no longer using the older looking photo so I am thinking that LE feels the younger looking one is a truer likeness?

Is the pic you posted still available? I wasn't able to view it when it was posted.

Does anyone know if the creek side directly across from the crime scene where the girls were found is part of the hiking trails? It seemed like it was fairly off the beaten track in that JM video. I don't know where the trail goes at the SE end of the bridge.
There is no official trail at the south side of the bridge. The rail bed, where the tracks were, continues beyond the bridge turning more southward - as the abandoned rail line there continues south to the southern border of Carroll County and beyond. That rail bed, while grown in a bit, is level and solid with a large gravel base which is why abandoned railways make ideal walking trails. If you were to follow along that abandoned rail bed for quite a long walk you would likely end up in Indianapolis.

There are surely paths on the south side of the creek from and below the road there toward the creek but the area there also has more ruts, ditches, and ravines. The LIDAR map I posted several pages back show those ravines where the creeks that flow into Deer creek have cut through. I believe it was Cryptonite (who seems to be local) that offered a few threads back that the south side of the creek was rougher terrain than the north.

In my mind, I try to lay out the scene after friends and family came to the area and started searching. It was still daylight. Did they notice cars parked on the way in? Did they happen to search near the cemetery that night?

It's a large area, but where everything supposedly happened, is not a huge distance apart.

I wonder if searchers heard anything amiss. I also wonder if BG was hiding out or perhaps even blended in and acted as if he was hiking the trails himself. So many questions how that part unfolded when it was still daylight and friends and family were looking and searching.
I think he was long gone when search started.

OK I think I'm losing my mind. Wasn't BG on the most wanted list of the FBI once they realized he participated?

This makes sense I get where you're coming from. But IMO I don't think it would take long to tell someone such a thing. I've read a few stories of children being coaxed into cars with promises of free puppies within aatter of seconds. But these girls were older.. as you mentioned, a female might possibly make them feel more comfortable. It gives more to think about
Thanks! I liked your post.

Or someone they knew.

IMO, I don't think that the theory that the girls knew BG is plausible. I mean, why would two 13/14 year-old girls would know a man that nobody in their family and town would immediatelly recognize from the still photo? Just saying...

Thanks. Sorry I couldn't remember who to give credit to. I agree that it's possibly a truer likeness.

I was amazed at how much your pic changed my perception of age.

Is it your or the local community's impression the families are not satifisfied with the investigation? I've not heard or read anything even hinting the families are critical of LE. TIA

I haven't heard any complaints about LE specifically though there have been some snarky comments about the general effectiveness of the Delphi PD. Of course, they are a small dept and this is not a normal situation for them so, in my eyes, that's not really fair.

There is no official trail at the south side of the bridge. The rail bed, where the tracks were, continues beyond the bridge turning more southward - as the abandoned rail line there continues south to the southern border of Carroll County and beyond. That rail bed, while grown in a bit, is level and solid with a large gravel base which is why abandoned railways make ideal walking trails. If you were to follow along that abandoned rail bed for quite a long walk you would likely end up in Indianapolis.

There are surely paths on the south side of the creek from and below the road there toward the creek but the area there also has more ruts, ditches, and ravines. The LIDAR map I posted several pages back show those ravines where the creeks that flow into Deer creek have cut through. I believe it was Cryptonite (who seems to be local) that offered a few threads back that the south side of the creek was rougher terrain than the north.

If it wasn't typically where people would be hiking, it makes sense to me why it was close but he felt safe enough to murder two people and get out of Dodge seemingly undetected.

And thank you, Jethro, because you always have detailed responses regarding the area.

Is the pic you posted still available? I wasn't able to view it when it was posted.

Hi Jax, I don't feel I can post it as it caused some controversy which I totally understood. I had done the mock up by request and should have probably private messaged it.

What I have done though is keep it in my album. If you go to my profile page, on the left is the album heading named "mock ups" and you can see it there.

If you do go look, please note that BG looks tall. I had a very difficult time with proportion standing him next to Abby. That might have been because it is a close-up still of a video from something like 60-80 feet away? So I couldn't line it up just right. :gaah:

IMO, I don't think that the theory that the girls knew BG is plausible. I mean, why would two 13/14 year-old girls would know a man that nobody in their family and town would immediatelly recognize from the still photo? Just saying...

WADR, no one outside LE knows if BG has been identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member