IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone from the area know if there are any hidden hunting/fishing cabins in the dense forest area near there?

Can someone please post the link saying he may have disguised himself? I can't find anything like that. Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All I could find was this. I think some people may be interpreting this as a disguise. I dont think their saying that.

"The subject appears to be wearing a dark blue jacket and light blue denim jeans with his or her face obscured by a hat and scarf."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...eens-found-dead-what-we-know-so-far/97985148/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Very worried, this is looking to be a very calculating individual. Working at random perhaps. The girls appear so sweet. And If he is not local, but who knows, he is on the move, if spotted at Logansport, following highway or tracks. Headed northeast? But the highway and tracks divide, go west or northeast it looks like, I may be wrong. I hope that his likeness I see plastered all over that direction. Is he on foot if he had only gotten to Logansport or does he live in that direction or know a workplace or job or friend to check into? Is he a seasonal farm worker who can get away with being unemployed for some stretches? Lots of missing young women in the area databases. I would be very worried if I lived in those farm towns. Worried for everybody.

I would like to think that if there was evidence left that he had used a gun, LE would be describing him as "armed and dangerous". Obviously he's dangerous, but I think there is an additional caveat if there is a gun involved. I think he had a weapon of some sort, maybe a gun like others are suggesting, but I don't think he fired a bullet.

Been mulling over that one comment by investigators saying this man in the photo may "have participated" in the crime. I wonder if something at the scene (s) leads them to believe it could be more than one perp? Also, I wonder if the force has had time to review any and all video monitors (i.e. gas stations, stores, walkways)?

Last night's transcript from HLN Interviews:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/20/ptab.01.html

She interviewed both Tobe Leazenby, Carroll County Sheriff and Ronald Logan, property owner where girls were found. Nothing new really from the Sheriff, but Ronald Logan did confirm a request to search his property on Monday (the day they went missing) at 6:30pm;

LOGAN: Yes, that`s true. I did not find out about it until after about 6:30 PM in the afternoon. People stopped here and asked for permission to

go back on my property and said two girls were missing

Interview is worth the read.....

I strongly respectfully disagree. People who know guns can tell the difference between a .22 or .45, etc. In fact my post said that looks like a 9 or 45 right off the bat due to the shape and size. Am I right for sure? Of course I can't say that for sure. Ive been to various gun shows. I lived in Texas. I've shot various caliber guns in the woods....respectfully, I'm not sure why someone being able to possibly identify a type of gun is so inconceivable.

Re: the tattoo? A poor comparison. A tattoo does not have a 3d shape which leaves an imprint through the jacket.

No one said it's inconceivable that someone can identify a 'type' of gun, though 'type' could mean anything in a guns discussion, so I'm not sure what you mean.

What's been said is that the picture is so poor, and the clothing and whatever else he might have on his person is so layered and obscure, to claim it's 'looks like' a 9mm, or now maybe a .45, or a "Glock", is not consistent with the poor view that we have, or, the nature of guns.

The physical appearance of a gun tells you nothing about the bullet it's discharging. There are standard (physical) handgun sizes, sizes for C and C, and overall, the specs of a gun in all its physical and performance characteristics are too numerous to talk about with any relevance to this case.

My son was a Gunner's Mate in naval special warfare and has been to real gun shows in Afghanistan. And in regard to personal defense, we have spent many hours at a time discussing height, length, hand grip, and on and on...and on, because guns are that varied. There can be a two inch difference in just the height alone of same caliber hand guns. Etc. Etc. Etc. So he would raise his hand as someone who 'knows about guns' and say flatly that there is no way to know the specs of any gun this person may or may not be carrying, based on an outline.

Why does this matter? Not only is it unfounded speculation, I know a very tragic story about someone who thought he knew about guns and how people who carry them think, and so on, and his speculative remarks in a crisis led to police viewing an innocent person as a suspect.

I'm not arguing that this person is innocent. What I will say is that if he had a gun, what size it was physically, what diameter the bullets, or whether or not he holstered doesn't even matter. If he is the person who killed these precious children, he needs to be swiftly caught because a claim I am willing to make is that he will do this again. And again. And my guess is, he will use anything to access and corner and successfully subdue his victims.

[video=twitter;834059508490047488]https://twitter.com/ISPLafayette/status/834059508490047488[/video]

There will be another press conference tomorrow.

Last night's transcript from HLN Interviews:

She interviewed both Tobe Leazenby, Carroll County Sheriff and Ronald Logan, property owner where girls were found. Nothing new really from the Sheriff, but Ronald Logan did confirm a request to search his property on Monday (the day they went missing) at 6:30pm;

LOGAN: Yes, that`s true. I did not find out about it until after about 6:30 PM in the afternoon. People stopped here and asked for permission to

go back on my property and said two girls were missing

Interview is worth the read.....

hmmmm.. Maybe I am confused about the timeline, but he said he was asked permission to search his property that evening after 6:30 pm. If I have my information correct, they didn't call off the search until midnight. Some people here have speculated that the search was called off because they didn't have permission to search private property. So did they search his property that night and find nothing? That would raise a whole bunch of obvious questions? Or did he give permission in the early evening and they decided not to search then... which doesn't seem logical because why would they ask permission to search his property only to decide not to? Note I am in no way suggesting this man had anything to do with any of this..only noting what seems to be conflicting information. TIA

CASAREZ: So Sheriff, do you know anything about him at all? Anything? Do you know his name?

LEAZENBY: I cannot comment on that because of the ongoing investigation.

CASAREZ: Do you believe he`s still around town? Do you believe he`s in Delphi? Do you believe he`s far away from Delphi at this point?

LEAZENBY: Based on the tips and leads that we`re following into, I really can`t comment either way. We are following up on multiple leads. Yes, it is possible this individual may still be in our area. But again, we`re still checking into that.

CASAREZ: Do you have any identification of a vehicle at all that you think he was driving that people should be alerted on?

LEAZENBY: We are looking into various, again, tips and leads and reports of vehicles that may have been there. And in fact, we`re still inviting anyone to come forward that may have seen any vehicles in that area during that time period to share that with us and contact our hotline.

This makes me think they might actually know who the guy is, and are trying not to tip him off. I hope this is the case.

I just google Indiana's most violent and wanted criminal trying to recognize a face outline. Dang there is a bunch.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

hmmmm.. Maybe I am confused about the timeline, but he said he was asked permission to search his property that evening after 6:30 pm. If I have my information correct, they didn't call off the search until midnight. Some people here have speculated that the search was called off because they didn't have permission to search private property. So did they search his property that night and find nothing? That would raise a whole bunch of obvious questions? Or did he give permission in the early evening and they decided not to search then... which doesn't seem logical because why would they ask permission to search his property only to decide not to? Note I am in no way suggesting this man had anything to do with any of this..only noting what seems to be conflicting information. TIA

I saw that too, however he has a large property and it would have been dark. Perhaps they were overlooked. I feel like it would have been a needle in a haystack during that time of day on his huge, hilly property. Sad either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thinking:

Has anyone tried/will try now downloading snapchat since this happened to see what they collect? When you download an app, it tells you what the application will "capture". Does snapchat collect where you are when posted? (I've noticed more and more apps collect this geocache data behind the scenes that I've downloaded)

Asking this, knowing that LE has NOT confirmed that it was one of the girls phones, just a "what if". I'm not familiar with snapchat geocoding used in another case... was there another case here at WS that snapchat was talked about during the trial to know more about storage BY THE VENDOR?

I think they messed up from the very beginning. I think they thought they were runaways and LE treated it as such. I found the timeline of the search resuming the next day at 11:45 am in this article quite worrisome as well. (slide 6/15) http://www.theindychannel.com/news/timeline-13-year-old-girls-go-missing-bodies-found. I assume that meant some type of official, organized search or maybe it's wrong, but it's bugged me since that article came out. Why wouldn't they start at daybreak?

Thank you! I have been looking for the link to the searcher start time & could remember where I read it. ITA Why start SO late? & then the volunteer searcher(s) found them within 30 minutes despite the entire previous afternoon. Seems strange to me.

MOO~
*I think a lot people here are taking this 'hike' very literally. They were 13/14 y/o girls there for a couple hours. Having 3 kids this age, I believe they were there to just 'hang out' for a couple hours. Take some pics, but not because they were so into photography, but if an occasional 'artsy' photo op comes up, hey great!
* I am assuming the picture of Abby on the bridge is part of a *snap-story*. The time stamp of '7 hours ago' would refer to when whoever it was, screenshot it. We obviously have no idea if it was a family member, or friend. Stories go out to everyone on their friend list & they have 24 hours to replay it....hence having the opportunity to go back & grab a screenshot of her picture 7 hours after it was sent out at 2:07. If it was just a snap picture sent to specific people, that person first opened/read it at 9pm & took a quick screenshot before it disappeared in 10 second or less. I find it hard to believe it was a snap photo from Libby that was not opened by the person for 7 hours when, by then it was known they were missing. JMO
The other aspect of the photo we dont know is, if it was at the beginning of her story & there were more pics or video that came after it. If there was stuff after it, that picture could have been taken at 1:15 for all we know.
For example: My dd sent out a story at 5pm. It ended with 2 videos at McDonalds. A picture was before the video. I know for a fact she took the picture 2 hours earlier (at 3pm) than the video at McDonalds.

Some of this is irrelevant because we know the girls were last seen alive around 1pm, but not knowing if there was anything else on the 'snap story' after that....say at 2:07 in the woods, by the water when they finally hit send, could be very telling.

* I think they had to feel comfortable enough around him or were taken by surprise & things moved quickly. If they felt they were being followed, I think Libby would have likely called someone (grandpa, sister, possibly whoever was picking them up)
*as far as hands in the pockets on the bridge~ when I searched of the bridge, almost every person walking on it/across it, have their hands in their pockets

Ok, now to catch up on the next 20 pages I lost by typing this LOL

:thinking:

Has anyone tried/will try now downloading snapchat since this happened to see what they collect? When you download an app, it tells you what the application will "capture". Does snapchat collect where you are when posted? (I've noticed more and more apps collect this geocache data behind the scenes that I've downloaded)

Asking this, knowing that LE has NOT confirmed that it was one of the girls phones, just a "what if". I'm not familiar with snapchat geocoding used in another case... was there another case here at WS that snapchat was talked about during the trial to know more about storage BY THE VENDOR?

Yes, snapchat does collect info on your whearabouts. There are certain filters that you can apply to photos based on where you're at. I live in Kansas City for example. If I'm in Overland Park (a suburb), I can apply a filter that says "Overland Park" at the bottom. There are other filters that you can use if you're at the Plaza, or in Westport (different areas in KC). Here's an example I just took using snapchat.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 394
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors