IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my best estimation it's because they are still waiting on every piece of evidence to come back from the 3/17 SW(which they said would take 4 to 6 weeks). Six weeks is 4/24, if I'm not mistaken, so at that point, they will likely need to say one way or the other whether RL is still involved in their investigation or not.
and why then have they not cleared RL if they are capable of clearing people?

1. Probable cause search warrant issued for his personal home.
2. His pickup truck towed away with chain of custody tape on door
3. Habitual offender shows lack of boundary.
4. His attorney has not come forward with an alibi for him.

I stick to facts. I don't usually create scenarios in my mind as to what happened as to me, it's pointless without facts. hth
Good list. I would add his many interviews where he "controlled the narrative"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

just a thought re Q5 and the often mentioned 'pristine" crime scene..could it have been cleaned by the time RL and the media had access to it which i believe was a couple of days after the inital discovery. By that time any foliage and soil staining would have been taken and bagged for evidence, photography would have been finalized and a professional crime scene cleaning operation quite possibly performed on the rest of the area to remove any remaining evidence of the violence that has occurred ..This may have been done out of respect for the girls and their families and to prevent the scene from becoming a macabre visiting attraction for those interested in the case.Only the original finder of the girls and LE know the answer to this as you say,but a clean scene may not mean a second location was involved or that how the girls were initially left was in fact, anything but "pristine' .jmo

If you read the CNN transcript, Jean C (fill-in host) first used the word pristine. RL used it after JC did so it may be he just subconsciously chose the same word. He did seem to be struggling to articulate his thoughts in on camera interviews I've watched.

Good list. I would add his many interviews where he "controlled the narrative"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I agree. Certain word and phrases used by RL in the context of a double murder of two girls also piqued my curiosity and suspicions.

To be blunt, he's a decrepit old drunk, I doubt him barely capable of tying his own shoes let alone killing two teens. Nevermind the fact that he's lived in town for years and none of his neighbors recognize his image or voice.

I understand that you have a rather blunt style when you post and that is all well and good. But, I am sorry this comment is over the top. Have you actually seen RL's property? It is neat as a pin. He obviously works hard to keep it maintained. He has livestock which appear well and healthy, which does not happen without consistent care. And you doubt him capable of tying his own shoes? Shame on you for such slanderous statements without knowing the man. There is nothing that seems "decrepit" about him. He may not appear all that articulate to you, but I personally see that he may be suffering from some cognitive issues, but RL is college educated and he also served in the military. I guarantee you, the man has worked hard all his life. It is unfortunate that he has also ruined it with such horrible choices.

Let's wait until we see him arrested for the murder before we start spitting on him. And if your comments were meant dispel the possibility of him being the murderer, I don't think character assassination is the way to do it.

And those who would "thank" your comments, well that just makes me sad.

OK, so having posted reasons why I think RL could be BG/likely suspect, I am not completely convinced he is, though I think he's involved. Someone else could be BG. Some think there are two or three perps. I think that's also possible. I am trying hard not to rule out other possibilities despite the many indications that LE has their eye on RL.

What's been missing from what I've seen is a clear motive for RL. Here's my speculation on that--and it's just pure opinion.

The girls are said to have been interested in police work and forensics.

It’s possible that there was “bad blood” between RL and one or both of the girl’s families. It's possible that RL was up to something illegal and maybe hurtful to one of their families. If RL became aware of or suspicious that the girls were onto something that could implicate him, this would be a motive to for him to eliminate them. He could easily have observed them frequenting the area and planned the attack based upon the next time he saw them there, making it look like the work of a SK or random SA . He could have had help, or he could have done it on his own. Not sure.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/indiana-te...nsolved-months-leaving-fear/story?id=46751470

"There's still some fear and some concern out there, because obviously no one has been arrested at this point," Leazenby said on Wednesday. "But there's still a lot of support behind the investigation."

I looked at the image here again and thinking about the distance (70-80) feet away, and the obvious angle to me indicating the girls were off the RRT. I think that the blurry parts of the image may be tree branchs that were between them and the suspect. Jmo

Thanks for sharing this article and the video. Brought tears to my eyes especially when the friend of the girls mentioned emptying out Libby's locker and how the first thing she saw was a picture of the bridge and then the friend stated "She loved that bridge!" Ugh. Just heartbreaking. I mean think about your favorite place, can you imagine having that place that brought you so much joy turned into the scene of your own murder and far beyond your worst nightmare?

We know Abby's mother also really liked the bridge and had an old photo of it up on Facebook. There's just something about knowing how much these girls and their family loved that bridge that is like an extra punch in the stomach with this case. And thread 50 too.

Praying and praying and praying. These girls and their families need justice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't see a bandage :)

But it was interesting to see him walk and he wasn't that steady on his legs and I can't imagine it being any easier at his age to walk the bridge.
Especially if he is also drunk and mad at someone. JMO.

OK, so having posted reasons why I think RL could be BG/likely suspect, I am not completely convinced he is, though I think he's involved. Someone else could be BG. Some think there are two or three perps. I think that's also possible. I am trying hard not to rule out other possibilities despite the many indications that LE has their eye on RL.

What's been missing from what I've seen is a clear motive for RL. Here's my speculation on that--and it's just pure opinion.

It’s possible that there was “bad blood” between RL and one or both of the girl’s families. It's possible that RL was up to something illegal and maybe hurtful to one of their families. If RL became aware of or suspicious that the girls were onto something that could implicate him, this would be a motive to for him to eliminate them. He could easily have observed them frequenting the area and planned the attack based upon the next time he saw them there, making it look like the work of a SK or random SA . He could have had help, or he could have done it on his own. Not sure.

I'd like to have someone find one case where a nearly 80 yr old man killed two young teens for the reasons stated.
I know you're not married to the opinion and I appreciate your input. But is there any other case where this has happened or would this be a first?

This is what I'm going by based on info available. I personally think the video of the suspect walking toward them was filmed about 2:30, he was upon them within ~20 seconds, Libby kept her video on and then put her phone next to her side or slipped it into her pocket, at which time it became audio only (IMO). I think the battery later ran out.

2:07PM – Pic of Abby posted on Snapchat
2:30PM - Video of suspect walking towards girls
Audio of suspect directing the girls ‘down the hill’ just before start of ‘criminal behavior’
Criminal behavior

Ref:

2:07PM Libby posted a photo on her Snapchat account showing Abby walking across the old railroad bridge (Ref)

2:30PM ‘Wanted’ billboard later put up by FBI shows picture of suspect and says ‘Male last seen 2/13/17 @ 2:30PM (Ref ~1:35 in video)

ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum called German a hero for turning on her phone's video camera in time to depict and record the voice of her assailant. ‘…To have enough presence of mind to activate that video system on her cellphone, to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur.’ (Ref)

Sgt Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police Interview (transcribed): ‘…Hopefully someone will recognize that voice and to me, it appears they are saying, down the hill, down the hill, like they’re directing the young ladies where to go. It sounds like it might even be a little exasperated, like he had told them to do that before, and they weren’t quite listening, and he’s telling them to do it.’ (Ref)

Police say Libby started recording video on her phone, but they won't give many more details than that. They wouldn't say the length of the video, when she started recording, what else is heard or if there is any usable video along with it, but they do say there is more to it. (Ref)

Thank You!

Could you add 3:30 expected pickup time along with Abby's mom's info, i.e. 6.49 they hadn't been heard from?
And when the lady was on the bridge and saw the lone man and the couple?
TIA
'
ps i hate windows 10

Yea, I think that's the rub. It's really hard to tell what exactly she was saying. That statement "The girls haven’t been in contact for about three hours!!!!”." could be interpreted in several different ways.

She couldn't very well say that they haven't been in touch for 5 hours because there was no expectation that they be in touch 5 hours earlier. The expectation was they be ready for pickup at 3:30, so that is the marker for time since they have been out of touch. She does not say that the last contact was at 3:30, only that they were officially unreachable for the previous three hours.

Random thought: what if they all had actually walked past the crime scene area and were trying to run back to the bridge when killer caught up to them? Could there be evidence in a farther location?

Possible...and btw since a hunting tree stand was in some of the videos..it makes me wonder, how many property owners and hunters might have trail cams set up to learn schedule patterns of deer etc. And if they do have them set up, have they thought to check them lately, and watch every second of them to make sure BG isnt caught on one? I know, i know, I'm realllly dreaming now...sigh...

Interesting theory. I've wondered about that aspect too, and why both girls were interested in that particular field. Could that have been just a rumor too? Because why would they both be interested in forensics? Maybe they did know someone or see something at some point that made them both have an interest and maybe that's why they filmed BG and recorded him. Maybe they knew something. I'm not thinking that theory is so far fetched anymore if their interest was valid and not just a rumor. I mean there are lots of crime shows nowadays, but it just was something that kind of stood out in various readings.

Possible...and btw since a hunting tree stand was in some of the videos..it makes me wonder, how many property owners and hunters might have trail cams set up to learn schedule patterns of deer etc. And if they do have them set up, have they thought to check them lately, and watch every second of them to make sure BG isnt caught on one? I know, i know, I'm realllly dreaming now...sigh...

They must have. Just thinking what I'd do. I have three on my property and I'd watch every second if there was a crime on or near by. moo

IMO, they were taken from the area, then returned. I have no opinion as to time or place of death.

I'd like to have someone find one case where a nearly 80 yr old man killed two young teens for the reasons stated.
I know you're not married to the opinion and I appreciate your input. But is there any other case where this has happened or would this be a first?

I guess I'm not really concerned about other cases--RL seems awfully concerned about himself in the face of an unspeakable tragedy that has befallen others who he personally knows. If he felt truly threatened by the girls exposing whatever he was up to--given his sociopathic statements and apparent lack of empathy towards Libby and Abby's horrific murder--I think he would have been capable of killing them, or recruiting someone to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro