IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much the smaller town media outlets, local to where the Iowa girls had disappeared, aired Delphi BG's photos to local residents there. Were there requests for people to re-think any suspicions about that case that they almost reported a tip on but didn't, to do so now if the voice or photos might jog their memory?

I still find it very coincidental how both cases had to do with bridges. Monon Bridge and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area.

Hi Jax49, where was that stated as fact he was moved for his own safety? I really could have missed that I just remember a lot of speculation for his transferring around.

The other part part may very well be true about re election, imo.

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/22/more-t...ation-continues-in-delphi-double-murder-case/

The Carroll County Sheriff said for a short period of time they had to move Logan to a different jail for safety and security concerns. The sheriff said he’s now back in their custody and is being held for violating probation for the 2014 DUI case.

This quote is from April 25th.

BBM

"Investigators have received more than 16,000 tips and interviewed 500 different people in connection with the murders.

The numbers are daunting for someone on the outside looking in, but confidence inside the Delphi investigation team remains unfettered.

"Today is the day we're going to get closer to the end," said Indiana State Police First Sergeant Jerry Holeman. "Today is the day we're going to get closer to justice for Abby and Libby."

Sergeant Holeman is the lead investigator in the case.

He leads a team of hundreds, but even with so many people and resources at their disposal, going through the thousands of tips hasn't been easy.

Like many on his team, he's spent sleepless nights and hundreds of hours poring through evidence that might put them closer to finding the girls' killer.

Holeman says they've chased dozens of leads - but so far they haven't received that one tip they need to solve the case.

"It's a roller coaster ride," said Sgt. Holeman. "You're up - you think you've got something good, and for some reason it's eliminated or whatever. That's tough on anybody."

http://www.theindychannel.com/longform/delphi-the-investigation

Okay, my understanding is this: where the news teams are standing is 300 N. As you are looking down RL's property is to the right and the Mears property is to the left. The camera crews were not allowed to go any closer than that spot where that reporter is standing, it was restricted by LE vehicles. There is only one barn visible at this view and that is the Mears barn. The close-up looks to be the same shape as well. RL's barn would be to the right and would be obscured by trees from where the camera man is standing. Also with RL's barn being to the right of the road, if the camera man could see the barn, the video would show LE and the dog entering to the right not the left (remembering that the camera crews had to stay on that road). The very next frame is back on RL's property. That is the best I can explain it.

I have also seen other pictures of the Mears barn and these shots coincide.

Of course I am always willing to be wrong and corrected if need be. :fence:
The shot at the end is the best view showing two circular silos and one large barn behind the reporters right shoulder. That is the Mears silos and barns and the road is the 300 N. This can be compared to the zoomed in map graphic showing the round silos and large barn also on the North side of the 300N. MOO

Another quote, this one from March 17 updated April 29th, especially for folks who have just began following the case.

"The property owner, Ron Logan, has been in custody since last week on an unrelated probation violation for a previous DUI conviction.

On Friday, Indiana State Police said they had developed more information that led them to request a new search warrant at the property.

"It's just a normal course of this investigation," said ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum. "We've served multiple search warrants so far. They can either exonerate a person or maybe require law enforcement to take a closer look."

Police had previously searched the property, and are still not calling Logan a suspect in the murders of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams last month.

“Just let the investigation run its course and this might not be the last search warrant we serve as part of investigating this double homicide,” said Sgt. Slocum.

Police have had to debunk multiple rumors regarding arrests in the case, including one recurring rumor that connects Logan to the girls' murders. State police have not made any arrests in connection with the the case.

"This isn’t the first search warrant that we’ve served," said Sgt. Slocum. "If you go by the social media sites we’d have a thousand people in jail by now.

Despite weeks of intensive effort by local, state and federal authorities – and thousands of tips from around the country – the girls' murderer has yet to be caught."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...erty-where-delphi-teens-abby-libby-found-dead

I know RL is going to keep coming up. He is safely tucked away in jail. While the new information that lead to the SW is sealed, it does give me pause.

Keep in mind the new information may have had nothing to do with him directly.

The girls' bodies were found on his property and there has been some excellent thoughts here the true killer may have been lurking the area.

What he was doing, how long he was there, I have no idea. Somehow this mysterious guy was there, though.

Someone earlier posted about the similarities to this crime and the crimes committed by Gary Michael Hilton, a transient serial killer who happened upon his victims.

I lean toward that thinking also.

Perhaps the suspect was a transient leaning on RL's property. There may be evidence to suggest that, but, if so, it's being held very close to the vest, and not only confusing the media, but the public as well. What in the world is being investigated here?

During the interview, Fox 59 anchors asked Leazenby about DNA, and the TV station's report said investigators acquired DNA evidence during the investigation of the case. However, Leazenby said he was speaking about physical evidence in general and not about DNA evidence in particular.

Kerri Cavanaugh, vice president of news for Fox 59 and CBS 4, said, "We stand by the interview."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...riff-clarifies-reports-dna-evidence/98351378/

“Some evidence testing has come back in, but not a lot of it,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said in an interview May 5, adding that he could not discuss particulars about that evidence that he previously said was sent to two locations – the Indiana State Police lab and the FBI lab in Quantico, Va.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_h...bfaeb475d.html

https://twitter.com/DavidMacAnally/status/840406494109671427/photo/1

Police continue their investigation near Delphi crime scene Friday night. On Night beat
twitter barn.jpg

Okay, this photo is from the March 10 search. It looks like the same barn/grain bin. At the end of RL's driveway. Not the 300 N Road. Do the Mears and RL share the driveway? Or does Mears live across the road? Or should I go have a nice adult beverage and not pester y'all any more?

:loveyou:

Twitter photo first posted here on our forum.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-25&p=13220512#post13220512

Iirc, they said in the PC they did have additional recording which they were not going to release. Now whether or not this is true...

They likely do have more, and yes it is likely too distressing. The content must be terrible after "down the hill" if they can't even snip a few more words? :(
Bear with me, trying to catch up. IMO, "Down the hill" is a prepositional phrase added to a sentence. The preposition shows position, "down" and the object of the preposition is "hill". I think this part of a sentence was released because it perhaps would be closest to the natural inflection and fluency of the person speaking. The parts of the sentence, the noun or nouns and verb or verbs may be withheld because they have been stressed and not what someone who is around BG everyday would hear because it is the hidden evil side of him. The directional phrases we use everyday are perhaps a better clue to the way BG speaks when he is around others everyday. The other parts of the sentence could be withheld out of respect also. Anyway IMO, this was not a singular utterance but part of something more detailed but still not sure....

I'm lost. Been working all day and the thread is moving fast. What is the reference to a baby goat?

The shot at the end is the best view showing two circular silos and one large barn behind the reporters right shoulder. That is the Mears silos and barns and the road is the 300 N. This can be compared to the zoomed in map graphic showing the round silos and large barn also on the North side of the 300N. MOO

Exactly Shire. I probably should have used the words north and south as opposed to, or at least in addition to, left and right of the reporter. Thx. :blushing:

Mears property is across the street from RL property. They share NO boundary lines.

ETA: That is the road (street) in the tweeter's picture. Not a driveway.

Police continue their investigation near Delphi crime scene Friday night. On Night beat
attachment.php

Okay, this photo is from the March 10 search. It looks like the same barn/grain bin. At the end of RL's driveway. Not the 300 N Road. Do the Mears and RL share the driveway? Or does Mears live across the road? Or should I go have a nice adult beverage and not pester y'all any more?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-25&p=13220512#post13220512

One more and I'll quit. I promise! :blushing:

Why didn't MSM say they were searching the Mears property? Why did LE say they were serving a warrant on RL's property when the videos show the Mears property being search?

MSM didn't know who's property was who's. IMO. The twitter pic you posted, from March 10, was the day RL was arrested. Smoke and mirrors? Don't really know.

Why didn't MSM say they were searching the Mears property? Why did LE say they were serving a warrant on RL's property when the videos show the Mears property being search?

So sad.

It's difficult for her to confide in her friends, Williams said, explaining that with a criminal death, as opposed to an accidental one, "There is so much you can't talk about ... the grieving process is so much different."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/families-slain-indiana-teens-faith-killer-caught/story?id=47205977

What a sad, heartbreaking article. I'm so mad at the person or persons who committed such a heinous crime against two sweet, vulnerable children. More from it:

"It's hard. ... They've been there to take care of her," she [Abby's mom] said of Abby's grandparents, crying. "I work two jobs and there were a lot of times that they were the ones here looking after her in the early mornings and the evenings after school."
Libby, who was raised by her paternal grandparents since she was 3 years old, loved her friends, Patty, 57, told ABC News. She took advanced classes and had a passion for volleyball, softball and soccer, Patty said.
But it's not just the two families reeling -- it's the whole town.

Williams said Carroll County was always a safe community and she never worried about Abby getting off the bus and being home alone for several hours.

"That's not how it is anymore," she said. "People don't let their kids play outside ... the little ones don't understand that. ... that's a hard conversation to have with a 9-year-old, to explain to them that there are bad people out there."

"I hate seeing my friends -- basically their kids are sleeping in the beds with them," Williams added. "The kids are afraid. The parents are afraid."

This piece of garbage destroyed two families and made an entire community afraid to freely live their lives.

attachment.php

That is not RL's driveway, that is 300N. That cop car on the left is on 300N. The cars at the end are on 300N. The barn and grain bin are across 300N from RL's property. You cannot see RL's home in this shot but that is his field you see in the foreground. This shot is taken from the cemetery road adjoining RL's field. hth. Have an adult beverage anyway, just for fun. :biggrin: I would do a map but it is now 3:20 a.m. so must. get. sleep.

Mears property is across the street from RL property. They share NO boundary lines.

ETA: That is the road (street) in the tweeter's picture. Not a driveway.

It is interesting to me, the barn. Truly, I haven't entertained the search warrants much, since they don't seem to turn out any useful leads. However, I do wonder more about the Meer's property tonight, and RL's.

With that in mind, there had to be a reason for the SWs.

I am sure Skibaboo has recorded this Meers barn site on her map. (Thank you)

I know lots of folks have theorized they were driven away from the abduction site, something happened to them in the interim, and the girls were brought back to the final crime scene. That doesn't make sense to me.

Perhaps the evidence is of a lurker who had been hiding out there, in the barn, or RL's outbuildings, and left some items there.

I do hope the inverstigators are getting close, and every fiber of evidence counts.

they took "arm loads" of things from RL's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99