IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MistyM - yes, LE can collect a butt or a soda can or whatever that has been tossed away by the perp.

They have semen DNA. How do we know? They were collecting DNA swabs before any saliva, blood or tDNA could be processed. They knew they had DNA because these girls were raped.

I think they have him and are waiting on the DNA results to return before the arrest. They are watching him and giving out all this very generic information to keep him calm and from fleeing.

They know he is the perp because he left weird white thing around his neck at the scene. Everything else on him is too generic to be definitive, the whole world owns jeans and navy blue parkas. The unusual item from the photo is the white thing.

JMHO

PS - Buddy, if you are reading here, you are about to be chained, caged and then executed after a few years of prison torture. Enjoy your brief freedom because it is coming to a very abrupt end.

Weird white thing around his neck? What? What does that mean and where did you hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they ever figure out where that dang cross came from?

(IIRC, it belonged to him, can't remember where he got it, but he said he put it there to throw investigators off and make them think this was some kind of religious killing or something like that, sick monster.)

No worries! Thanks for clarifying. Wondering why the perp in the case you're referencing willingly gave DNA? I'm assuming he thought he didn't leave any, but thats pretty ballsy. I'd be surprised if that worked in this case.

IIRC, he dragged his feet for awhile. He was a teen, and had been seen with the child the night she went missing---so they pressured him for it.

I don't live out there but I have driven through. Lots of corn. Miles and miles. That area is the breadbasket of America!

Not in Delphi that I know, but there are plenty in nearby towns. Lafayette etc.

I don't actually think there is a truck stop or rest stop in lafayette. There is in Remington for sure. That's a big one and I think the closest one to Lafayette heading north on 65. I could be wrong but I THINK this is correct.

I feel like I remembered seeing something on Twitter about how there's a new software (I think still being developed) that LE is able to use that takes DNA and guesses what the person looks like based on it. I'm hoping there's some kind of definitive answers they can get from the DNA even without having a match.

Indiana, in addition to the death penalty, has a "guilty but insane" law. They DO NOT have "not guilty by reason of insanity." Indiana's law has been held up as a role model for other states to follow. A whole lot less wiggle room for defense attorneys.

Georgia has the same law and I am so glad we do.

With an iphone it is vey easy to switch from photo to video - even accidentally. So even if the initial pic was a still, the pics of the suspect could easily be video.

I don't actually think there is a truck stop or rest stop in lafayette. There is in Remington for sure. That's a big one and I think the closest one to Lafayette heading north on 65. I could be wrong but I THINK this is correct.

I don't think there is either. The closest thing would be the BP near 25 and the ramp for 65. It's not really a truck stop but it is a big gas station.

I feel like I remembered seeing something on Twitter about how there's a new software (I think still being developed) that LE is able to use that takes DNA and guesses what the person looks like based on it. I'm hoping there's some kind of definitive answers they can get from the DNA even without having a match.

(Yes, that software is called, gah, developed by gah whats his name....I posted about it somewhere...Yes, marking my spot, thanks for bringing that up. It analyzes potential racial traits...mongoloid nonmongoloid traits...marking spot. Byyyyeeeeee))

I don't think there is either. The closest thing would be the BP near 25 and the ramp for 65. It's not really a truck stop but it is a big gas station.

Keep em coming...so what do we do with such info now? Maybe make sure they have flyers there and the staff is informed, I'm sure LE does this but in case....they would likely pull surveillance at all these places...or at least try...

Keep em coming...so what do we do with such info now? Maybe make sure they have flyers there and the staff is informed, I'm sure LE does this but in case....they would likely pull surveillance at all these places...or at least try...

I'll be driving by that one on Saturday or Sunday and I can check... I would about bet they do though, it's about 12 miles from there.

Is Hoosier Hwy the same as 24? Anyway, someone mentioned Gallahan's Truck Stop in a previous thread. This is in Peru, IN, between Delphi and Wabash....

I tell my children to yell and scream and not comply if something ever happens. I also tell them to swear while screaming because people pay attention when they see a young child dropping F bombs.
This should seriously be taught in schools, maybe cover some of the damage stranger danger did.

I tell my children to yell and scream and not comply if something ever happens. I also tell them to swear while screaming because people pay attention when they see a young child dropping F bombs.

That is excellent advice. I've never told my kids that, but I am going to now.

There is a rest stop south of Delphi at mile marker 150. Then there is one in Wolcott at mile marker 196 and then one far North at mile marker 231 up in Roselawn where the famous Naked City is. (Although it may have changed names again)

Can someone please speak to the "white thing around his neck comment"? Is this something I missed?

So tomorrow's press conference I am hoping they will at least give us more info on what to look for as in height, weight, appearance etc. perhaps a little more of the video etc. I understand the need to keep whatever is on that video under wraps for some odd reason and I can respect LEs reasons. However, this case is going to go cold super quick if they don't release some more information. I hate to say it, but it will become another Missy Bevers case.

I think the guy on the bridge accomplished his goal of disguising himself pretty well, and those saying they encountered him may have, but I am thinking they most likely encountered a different person! We tend to have "memories" once they are placed there for us and I am afraid that might be what's happening because people so desperately want answers and resolve. I also personally still think this was just a case of the girls being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't think they had any contact with him prior to this meeting. I also still think that the pic is from someone else's phone or camera and they didn't realize they had the suspect until after the police ask everyone to look for anything they recorded that day. There were people out that day, that did in fact see the perp and the girls.

I think he was seen by others, too. I am not convinced he is that smart, to have changed his look. It is unfortunate he is wearing the same outfit so many men wear in that area, but my hunch is, he is not paying attention to social media or the news, because he likely has limited access to it. For what it's worth, I hope the investigators are looking at homeless shelters, public parks, interstate rest stations, convenient stores, YMCAs, or laundry mats. Thanks, guys, I have a feeling this guy is deeply disturbed, a loner type, one comfortable living without the basic fineries of life most of us are accustomed, and, apparently, can blend into the shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay