IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Libby video'd him over her shoulder while pretending a selfie ... so are we seeing him in reverse/image mode? And would this mean he never knew she had imaged him? If so, scrap the idea of that irking him and may explain why he didn't confiscate the phone (or Libby had tossed it at some point nearby)... just thoughts...
No opinion on whether she was facing him when she shot the video, but videoing his reflection (in a mirror or water, etc.) is the only way she'd get a reverse image. MOO

PERP'S HEAD LOOKING DOWN
You lose the face length, shape, jaw line....and pixels fill in 'holes' someone upthread said. Sigh.
I wonder if FBI tried to do a composite of the face or a reenactment. Another unanswerable question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have done some on my own, but that kind of picture isn't allowed here. It would be nice if LE would do one and share it. MOO

I think by saying this is wishful thinking it's implied it's just speculation. It's not my opinion that's what is going on, I've no idea, it's just a possibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Also, IMO, prefacing the post with "maybe" is implied opinion.

Hey Henry- when this case first crossed my radar, I also assumed, based on the pictorial evidence and my own hunch, this man on the bridge was mad his picture was taken. That kind of hunch comes back from time to time here, and has never gone away, so I do think it can't be crossed of the list.

My thoughts have gone outward from that since my first impression, but not ready to rule it out, either, without more evidence.
I've wondered about this too. The girls might have taken his picture and maybe even laughed about it or him before the pic. I see stuff like that all the time when I'm out and am around teenagers. Even when I know they're doing something totally innocuous, their laughter and body language can come across in the wrong way. And I think it could be very easy for an already-unstable person to snap.

The above is just my opinion.

Hi Jabarn- Occam's razor.....it might be the simplest scenario. He might have something to hide of a criminal nature. See Websight's great experiment on the image thread that can really solidify this theory for you....it did me. That experiment indicates that with the zoom on Libby's phone, the BG may have been 60-70 ft away. He wasn't seeing anything going on with these girls that far away. As he got closer he see's she is filming everything in the area. My speculation....
What if that wasn't his first encounter with them that day...?

This made me stop...

Quite possible, imo.

It also would explain why she felt uncomfortable with him to start filming him even though he was still at some distance.
**shivers**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wondered why the guy did not take the cell phone and destroy it or the pictures/video. He did not know he was filmed....? Was the phone not found with the girls? Did the girls throw it, hide it so he would not get it? I say girls because one could have passed it off to the other.

I think LE knows a lot more.

Could someone please direct me to when LE mentioned that this was a complicated case. The timeline on this case is so difficult. I believe it was an interview when this was mentioned. I've searched everywhere but can not locate this statement. The verbiage may have been a bit different but it sure indicated that this case was a bit difficult for LE to figure out from the beginning. Thanks so much!

Sorry I didn't write down who transcribed this for us so I can't give credit. I included another piece of importance, too. You can find the second paragraph at the 25 minute mark in the video.

[FONT=&amp]Published on Feb 23, 2017[/FONT]
"One of two things happened, it was a chance encounter, that's possible, I don't think it's likely but it's possible, or that person knew they were going to be there, that's a possiblity as well"
" We have other information that we're not sharing, keep in mind that there's a likeliness and possibility of more than one person, we're not saying that the voice that you heard is the same as this person here (points at photo of BG) This is all very complicated, very involved and as much as we would like to tell you everything, more importantly we want to solve the crime."

https://youtu.be/P1uSKrtYdDw

The Derek Saretzky triple murder trial started today. Skibs was there putting some of the tweets on. Surprising what comes out in a trial. I didn't know he confessed but is still pleading Not Guilty. In this case too LE had so much evidence that we were not privy to.

I have been reading past cases. On Websleuths, there is an older unsolved case of two young women found in a park years ago, the Berlin Reservoir. The younger girl was missing from Beaver, Pa. The other victim was from Ohio, I think. The Berlin Reservoir has a large bridge too and it is also part of Deer Creek. Is this the same Deer Creek in Delphi? The FBI, a few years ago, revisited the scene to look for clues. Wonder if this is connected?

I have been reading past cases. On Websleuths, there is an older unsolved case of two young women found in a park years ago, the Berlin Reservoir. The younger girl was missing from Beaver, Pa. The other victim was from Ohio, I think. The Berlin Reservoir has a large bridge too and it is also part of Deer Creek. Is this the same Deer Creek in Delphi? The FBI, a few years ago, revisited the scene to look for clues. Wonder if this is connected?

Probably not.....if so, the FBI would still be in Delphi. My speculation and IMO.....

I'm always fascinated when FBI and/or LE revist a scene years later looking for clues. Tough to find physical clues, but good for retracing a crime scene.

Hopefully in Delphi case LE truly canvassed the area thoroughly. I know there were people making youtube videos shortly after.

There was speculation that someone picked the one girl up from PA and deposited her body near the Berlin reservoir. The other girl went missing from the Alliance, OH area. Her remains were found very near the first girl. It would seem to me that the same person killed both girls. There was speculation otherwise but what are the odds of two teen girls remains turning up THAT close together if separate unrelated killers were involved? The crimes are still unsolved. IMO

I've been lurking these threads a lot, and I feel like I should post. "longtime listener, First time caller" kind of deal.
(I'd like to preface that ALL of this is just my thoughts and opinions)

After going over what information we have, I really doubt the RL angle. While their bodies were found on the edge of his property, not much else really ties him to anything. It appears to be a fairly large property, and far out of the way from his house. While we can't discount anything, I highly doubt he is BG. He doesn't fit the description and I personally believe his alibi, while a little odd, is solid.

To me, BG overwhelmingly seems like a serial killer. The crime seems too streamlined to be a novice, despite his few mistakes. Despite the very rough timeline, it appears that the murders could have been done in an hour, perhaps less, perhaps more. To me that seems quite quick, too quick for it to be BG's first time. I believe the murders were both premeditated and random. He was there for a dark reason, and the girls were in the wrong place at the wrong time. While we can only speculate on the motive, What if there simply was no motive? as dark as that is, it would gel with the serial killer theory. The gun theory, while interesting and definitely plausible is too hard to confirm or deny. He most definitely had a weapon of some sort, but we do not know enough to determine what that was.

If BG was a local to Delphi, or related/known to the girls as some have speculated, I firmly believe the wheels of justice in this case would be turning quicker. Perhaps he was a local to Delphi at some point, but I believe a decent outdoorsman could get a sense for the area in a fair amount of time. As cliche as this sounds, I strongly suspect he is a trucker or in the transportation industry. Given that many jobs in that industry aren't 9-5, It would put him available in the time frame for the murders. (working night shift, off the clock hours between deliveries, etc). Even if he wasn't sent to Delphi directly, Delphi is only 30 mins from Lafayette, and an hour and 20 from Indianapolis. This may sound like I'm reaching a little, but if BG was a trucker or involved in the transportation industry, BG could have the advantage of travelling to many different parts of the midwest, perhaps even larger swathes of the U.S. If BG has killed before, this would make connecting cases significantly harder and far less obvious.

I'm sure this stat gets thrown around too much around here, but... "according to [FONT=&amp]John Douglas, a former chief of the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit and author of [/FONT]Mind Hunter[FONT=&amp] notes that, “A very conservative estimate is that there are between 25 and 50 active serial killers in the United States” at any given time." While that statistic could be skewed, outdated, biased or all three, it should be considered that perhaps BG is one of them. (MOO)

This case is far too tragic to turn cold, I hope and pray LE can find Justice for Libby and Abby.

May today be the day.[/FONT]

I've been lurking these threads a lot, and I feel like I should post. "longtime listener, First time caller" kind of deal.
(I'd like to preface that ALL of this is just my thoughts and opinions)

After going over what information we have, I really doubt the RL angle. While their bodies were found on the edge of his property, not much else really ties him to anything. It appears to be a fairly large property, and far out of the way from his house. While we can't discount anything, I highly doubt he is BG. He doesn't fit the description and I personally believe his alibi, while a little odd, is solid.

To me, BG overwhelmingly seems like a serial killer. The crime seems too streamlined to be a novice, despite his few mistakes. Despite the very rough timeline, it appears that the murders could have been done in an hour, perhaps less, perhaps more. To me that seems quite quick, too quick for it to be BG's first time. The comments about the way the bodies were arranged is a classic serial killer trait. I believe the murders were both premeditated and random. He was there for a dark reason, and the girls were in the wrong place at the wrong time. While we can only speculate on the motive, What if there simply was no motive? as dark as that is, it would gel with the serial killer theory. The gun theory, while interesting and definitely plausible is too hard to confirm or deny. He most definitely had a weapon of some sort, but we do not know enough to determine what that was.

If BG was a local to Delphi, or related/known to the girls as some have speculated, I firmly believe the wheels of justice in this case would be turning quicker. Perhaps he was a local to Delphi at some point, but I believe a decent outdoorsman could get a sense for the area in a fair amount of time. As cliche as this sounds, I strongly suspect he is a trucker or in the transportation industry. Given that many jobs in that industry aren't 9-5, It would put him available in the time frame for the murders. (working night shift, off the clock hours between deliveries, etc). Even if he wasn't sent to Delphi directly, Delphi is only 30 mins from Lafayette, and an hour and 20 from Indianapolis. This may sound like I'm reaching a little, but if BG was a trucker or involved in the transportation industry, BG could have the advantage of travelling to many different parts of the midwest, perhaps even larger swathes of the U.S. If BG has killed before, this would make connecting cases significantly harder and far less obvious.

I'm sure this stat gets thrown around too much around here, but... "according to [FONT=&quot]John Douglas, a former chief of the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit and author of [/FONT]Mind Hunter[FONT=&quot] notes that, “A very conservative estimate is that there are between 25 and 50 active serial killers in the United States” at any given time." While that statistic could be skewed, outdated, biased or all three, it should be considered that perhaps BG is one of them. (MOO)

This case is far too tragic to turn cold, I hope and pray LE can find Justice for Libby and Abby.

May today be the day.[/FONT]

Welcome! Thank you for such a thoughtful post. I agree with just about everything you're saying, my hunches are similar to yours, especially about the serial killer theory. It all happened far too quickly for me to think this is a first timer or novice, unfortunately.

I also believe BG and any other potential suspects have fled Delphi, which is why no one has identified him yet. MOO. And this would work well with your trucker theory - someone who can slip in and out of Delphi and the surrounding area.

I just don't buy into the theory that BG knew the girls or relatives of the girls simply because we don't have anything concrete to back that up (someone please correct me if I'm wrong there!) and i would be surprised that no one has called in a tip on BG if he was/is a local. I understand there are a lot of reasons someone may not come forward to ID him, but I think LE would have found him by now if he was/is local regardless of a tip because he'd likely work/live/shop/see doctors etc. in the area.

I actually haven't read anything regarding the positions of the bodies, and I may simply have missed that, but if you know of a MSM article that mentions that topic please share it! If you dont, there's no need to respond to that - don't want you to get in trouble with the mods. But worth asking! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for those who think BG is a serial killer: Which unsolved cases (within or outside of the state of Indiana) do you think he could be linked to--and why?

I know the Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins case has come up numerous times as a possible connection but I wonder if there might be others (perhaps cases where there is only one vicitim, or maybe the victim is older or male instead of female etc...).

A second somewhat related question: Could BG be a serial rapist instead of a serial killer? Maybe his regualr criminal routine is to stalk or attack young females but this was his first murder. Things may have escalated out of his control with two victims (Libby and Abby) which caused him to panic and kill the girls--hence some of the 'mistakes' like leaving behind video/audio..

Many of you assume that the murderer used a firearm but a handgun can be tracked, a knife or even a rock cannot.

Laws regarding gun sales/registration vary widely here in the U.S.

Also, if indeed he had a gun, he may have used it to frighten the girls into complying but may have killed them in a different manner. Just my thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16