IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for trimming down your post I hope that's ok. I agree that anyone *as long as they are your friend* can see where you are. When they introduced this feature the default setting was that it was disabled. You are in "ghost" mode until you turn it on.

The other thing about snapchat is that you can't just present yourself as another person. You have to take a new photo or new video. You can't upload and shoot out pictures that you find on the internet. The only way that BG could present himself as a teenage boy or anyone else would be to have that person near him, take their picture or have them take a video and let him send it as his own.

<>Snapchat is fleeting and it's only for your friends. <>

-SSDGM-

Awesome data, thanks. Let's scratch the SnapChat theory since BG did not SnapChat himself in real time with either girl.

So, I went to urbandictionary for SSDGM

Stay Sexy, Don’t Get Murdered
?

I've been saying that for years... put men on a curfew.....

So all men should have a curfew because of the very bad minority who prey on women? Why not instead make women observe a curfew for their own safety? Both ideas, in my opinion are absurd.

I'm a woman, married to a man and raised/raising three sons. While I hate the fact that I, as a woman, have to take safety precautions to do simple things that are in my legal right (jogging, meeting a friend for drinks at night, etc.), I really don't want my kids (or husband) penalized because they have penises -- even though we're penalized for our lack of.

Oh hold on. Because a man may prey on me I can't walk my friggin dog alone at night or wear a short dress or wear make up because I may seduce him into raping me. Yeah. Men have it tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi again Barbie619!

Good points, but you know what? LE doesn't care.

Rather I should say, they care but the public safety issue does not override their mission to find the perp.

In my opinion, if there is a conflict of interest between releasing information for public safety versus giving the perp an inside edge, the public's right to be warned will get torpedoed every time.

LE's goal is only to get the perp. LE figures the public ought to be able to figure out on their own that they need to take safety precautions.

The public is not the priority. Nor is our right to be warned. Getting the perp is all that matters.

Well, here I am again, doing my broken record thing, when I just vowed I was taking myself off 'repeat.'

I'm sorry Barbie619. I don't mean for you to get the brunt of my frustration. It's just me. I'm really cranky and crabby lately. Out of sorts.

I do want you to know that I very much enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions. Please keep posting...

JazzTune, the bolded part of your post hit home for me. I was reading a murder mystery novel that had a drug cartel practicing Santaneria in an extreme way with ritualistic human sacrifice. So, of course, I'm reading here and my mind wonders what are the odds something like that could happen in Delphi. Next to none I hope.

Anyway, I then wondered if it did happen, would LE come out and say it? No way! Because I don't think it would help catch the monster and perhaps put the public in greater danger.

BBM and respectfully wish to ask, why would drinking be a factor?

Hi guys. To me this biggest obstacle in this case is knowing absolutely zero regarding the scene and COD & MOD. Without even a smidgen of this information we cannot even begin to wonder about SKs, SA, stranger, known to victims, revenge, targeted or crime of opportunity.

This is why I find sleuthing here next to impossible. I do think maybe he's dressed warmly because he may have been out there all day. 46(?) Degrees is fine in a light jacket for an hour or so, but after 5 or 6 hours, brrr.

I honestly think if LE wants the general public help, then it's time to figure out a way to release some of the video clip. To the person that knows this man the video will have additional impact. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck....

Just wanted to unload those thoughts. I personally think it was a wrong place, wrong time type of encounter for the girls with a working class, blue collar type who may have drinking issues. I still think he's familiar with area. Either by taking lunch breaks there, or having worked nearby. Truckers, factory workers and farm hands. I think he's about 35-40 years old. I also think that Police have zero clue who he is. The sketch release was a huge let down to me. Can't explain why.

All of this is just my opinion. I don't think today will be the day, or tomorrow unless someone turns this creep in. And I fully believe someone has been aware that their friend/relative is BG for quite some time. All jmo.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

i don't mind violent sex offenders having a curfew.

eta: male & female

I did not detect snark. I also agree it becomes difficult to answer a question one has opined about many times.
We are, after all, on thread #63.
I have been here, as have many, since thread #1.
I'd like to applaud the way you referred to your post # as an answer. Great idea.

<sigh> Please don't take this wrong, or think that I'm picking on you because that is not how I feel at all.

This question has been raised a number of times, and I feel as though it has been addressed - a number of times.

Don't get me wrong; I realize everyone does not have the time to read every post. That is unrealistic to expect. People have jobs, families, and very busy lives.

This is not an indictment of anyone who considers themselves fortunate just to be able to grab a few minutes to stop in and read whenever they get the chance. I DO understand.

But there are some people here who DO read every post. This one is for THEIR benefit.

I feel like I have been the Town-Crier here, wearing a sandwich board, marching up and down all over town, proclaiming my belief that the two crimes ARE connected and why.

I'm afraid if I write it all out in detail again, I will send all those 'every-post readers' running and screaming for the hills!! They really can't take one more post from me about this.

So for the benefit of all, I'm going to refer you to my post, # 800 in this thread if you want to check it out. It is only my opinion, but it's an opinion I have shared near and far, over and over.

I hope others of course will feel free to share their opinions with you. But I believe most people would appreciate it if I could take myself off 'repeat.'

Again, not one bit of snark or arrogance intended, and I very sincerely hope this comes across in the right way...

As usual, I have nothing new to post. All I can say that we are fast approaching six months with no resolution as to who murdered these precious girls.
So, I ask everyone, will this be solved in days, weeks, months, years???
IMO - LE has to release more information. Apparently, the sketch hasn't worked - IMO.

Early on in one of LE's pressers didn't one Detective say they only released 3 words but there is actual 6 minutes recorded and LE stated "We don't want to release any more of it and won't."
Sorry but I doubt the sketch is gonna help much. Release more audio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

JazzTune, the bolded part of your post hit home for me. I was reading a murder mystery novel that had a drug cartel practicing Santaneria in an extreme way with ritualistic human sacrifice. So, of course, I'm reading here and my mind wonders what are the odds something like that could happen in Delphi. Next to none I hope.

Anyway, I then wondered if it did happen, would LE come out and say it? No way! Because I don't think it would help catch the monster and perhaps put the public in greater danger.

Thanks so much for adding your comments. I hear exactly what you're saying too.

Ritualistic human sacrifice IS extreme, (and I sure hope it didn't occur in Delphi) but if it DID, public safety would play second, or third fiddle to the perp chase.

Which, in my opinion, is how it should be.

I'm not helpless; I have the ability to focus on my own safety precautions.

This topic reminds me of an interesting quote I once read that so grabbed me, I committed it to memory.

"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hand."

~ by Jeff Cooper

Early on in one of LE's pressers didn't one Detective say they only released 3 words but there is actual 6 minutes recorded and LE stated "We don't want to release any more of it and won't."

Link, please. LE did not state they won't be releasing more video unless it was at their latest presser when they released the sketch so I'll have a look about. When the audio was originally released, they informed possessing more recording by Libby and were hoping they would not need to release any further audio.

The sketch generated 1000+ tips for investigators. LE was allocated more investigative manpower since the sketch was made public. The two families were shown the sketch on, was it on Tuesday?, prior to public viewing on 07/17/2017 for the 02/13/2014 murders. I was so hoping someone of them could say, "Yep! I worked with him at so and so..." but, no, there was no apparent recognition by the families either.

I did not detect snark. I also agree it becomes difficult to answer a question one has opined about many times.
We are, after all, on thread #63.
I have been here, as have many, since thread #1.
I'd like to applaud the way you referred to your post # as an answer. Great idea.

Thanks BOP, really appreciate your comments.

It IS thread # 63, isn't it? Even though I didn't post back then, I too have read every post from the beginning. I know exactly what you're meaning.

The topics came up, were thoroughly discussed, and new ones took their place. Then, caught in a time warp, the old ones resurrected again.

Felt like the movie 'Groundhog Day.'

didn't they rule out rl? who is he anyway?
<modsnip>.He is the property owner where the girls were found.LE has not used the word "cleared" with him but have said multiple times that he is not a suspect but is still involved with the case.There have been several theories on him throughout the threads if you wish to go back and read.I have posted my own and so have others and that's all I have to say about RL.

I am speculating they are not releasing any more audio because it contains the sounds of two little girls losing their lives, and is horrific. To release that would be extremely damaging to their loved ones.

So all men should have a curfew because of the very bad minority who prey on women? Why not instead make women observe a curfew for their own safety? Both ideas, in my opinion are absurd.

I'm a woman, married to a man and raised/raising three sons. While I hate the fact that I, as a woman, have to take safety precautions to do simple things that are in my legal right (jogging, meeting a friend for drinks at night, etc.), I really don't want my kids (or husband) penalized because they have penises -- even though we're penalized for our lack of.

Thanks for this. I wanted to reply to the absurd idea that all men should be punished for the actions of a tiny minority, but I didn't want to derail the thread, and it's definitely better coming from a woman anyway.

I hate the idea that I may be seen as a threat when out walking, when in actual fact the opposite is the case and I'd come to the aid of someone in trouble, or that I'm viewed with suspicion if I ever take my nephews and nieces to a park. As for interacting in any way with other people's kids, forget it.

These bastards make victims of us all.

Thanks for this. I wanted to reply to the absurd idea that all men should be punished for the actions of a tiny minority, but I didn't want to derail the thread, and it's definitely better coming from a woman anyway.

I hate the idea that I may be seen as a threat when out walking, when in actual fact the opposite is the case and I'd come to the aid of someone in trouble, or that I'm viewed with suspicion if I ever take my nephews and nieces to a park. As for interacting in any way with other people's kids, forget it.

These bastards make victims of us all.
The point being made was that LE have told the public not to let young girl teens out alone or in pairs but only in groups. What about young teen boys? The situation is ridiculous and that is what we are highlighting. The perps could well be a couple - we just don't know.

Doing some research, here is a basic article for anyone interested (nothing really new I haven't come across before but posting anyway):

Who Murders Children? Psychology Profiles Child Killers
How forensic psychology profiles the suspect.
Posted Sep 04, 2015
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...rs-children-psychology-profiles-child-killers

Good morning I'm just popping in to let you guys know I'm not quite caught up on this thread; I'm back at page 33 ..I' just wanted to say there's some really amazing posts in this thread and links and info and discussion !!! great job!!! I'm going to go back to page 33 and keep reading until caught up to current. I don't want to miss any posts but I just wanted to thank you guys for such great input!!

But Geofiltering did exist back in February 2017..... it could be turned on and off. The new feature is snapmap and it uses ghostmode for turning the feature on and off and limiting who can see locations...

Geofiltering might exist in February 2017 but that still wouldn't allow BG to track down Abby and Libby unless they posted a snap with a geofilter of 'Monon Bridge,' or whatever else is available in the area.

That's my point really, that unless the killer specifically had them added and seen them posting their exact location, he couldn't have used Snapchat to track them down and do what he did.

The whole point of these threads is to track down who killed these girls and bring them to justice. All these posts completely misunderstanding what technology they had available is just muddying the water and providing people with theories that quite frankly aren't true or plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin