IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching that youtube interview the Interviewer missed a golden opportunity to ask a better question. When talking about eliminating people from the suspect list, the interviewer should have asked, "Are there any people who have lingered on the list for a while that have NOT been able to be removed from the suspect list?"
I think there alot of questions that should be asked.Even if they don't answer,as usual,we could still check out the body language.I think we had 3 or 4 threads of about how choked up LE was.

I also believe he's done this before, maybe not in a double murder, or even a young girl, but he's murdered before. I did a google search on double murder's of young girls, and got 14 million hits with the first 20 or so pages of the Iowa and the Delphi murders.... This seems to be a rare occurence that two young girls are randomly murdered while out living their lives.

Most that I browsed through, the victims knew the killer in same way..... It's hard to believe that he had the ability to get two girls at the same time, in the same place randomly. I would truly hope this pattern doesn't repeat itself either with this suspect or someone who wants to copycat it. I just don't think it's a easy task to get two girls together and to murder them. Might be why it's such a rare occurence and it stands out in both the Iowa & Indiana cases that make it seem similar.

I believe he has done this before. I think this was opportunistic, though. I don't know if he saw them being dropped off or just while they were on the bridge and had his alter ego kick in and couldn't stop once that flip was switched. I also believe that he is a truck driver...his pants are very creased from his belt to his groin area, like he had been sitting while driving. Wanting to stretch his legs for a bit, then saw the girls. I truly wish we had more information from the PD. Sad this is taking so long.

I believe he has done this before. I think this was opportunistic, though. I don't know if he saw them being dropped off or just while they were on the bridge and had his alter ego kick in and couldn't stop once that flip was switched. I also believe that he is a truck driver...his pants are very creased from his belt to his groin area, like he had been sitting while driving. Wanting to stretch his legs for a bit, then saw the girls. I truly wish we had more information from the PD. Sad this is taking so long.

:wagon: Welcome Sleuthin' n Tx! Great first post! Your observation about the crease in the pants is very observant!

Still no arrest means one more day of freedom for the one of the lowest people on earth! Praying he will be caught SOON!

Maybe it's just me, but this sketch of BG just looks like your typical bullied school boy....now grown up to be a pedophile.

Short and dumpy, grows a beard to look like a man.

But creepy.... and he looks the part

Wishful thinking:
His face has IMO something of a female touch and my thought was: what if a professional painter would create a sketch of his -possible- mother: his face plus 20/30 years of age progress, no beard of course, some wrinkles and a standard female hairstyling/haircolor for women in their 60ties/70ties, no hoody. I have noticed that very often sons are looking like their mother only in a male way (daughters like their fathers, in a female way). Perhaps people would recognize his mother easier than him or the 2 sketches, one beside the other, would help to remember of someone known.
:thinking:

Just curious if anyone thinks DNA technology from Parabon was used to help create the composite sketch? This technology was used to create a composite in the Vanessa Marcotte case and LE was upfront about using it. I'm not sure why LE in the Delphi case would not mention it (except that they do not want to say whether or not they have DNA). It would explain the "eyes are definitely not blue," which stuck out as so odd to me. A witness is observant enough to know the eyes aren't blue but doesn't know whether they are brown, hazel, green?
I thought Parabon was used to make the sketch. But now I think LE used Libbys video. I think all the imperfections were cleared up. And then they brought in a sketch artist.
Listen to the press conference again. Im paraphrasing now. He said it was obvious the eyes were not blue.
Would the word "obvious" be used if the information came from a witness?
Dont mind me. This is how Im wired to think.

Is that the same camping area where the gold diggers camp? That's the video I saw on YT showing the large campsite.I agree LE should release more.
Margarita,I'm not sure where it would be located on the map but in the comments section of the video,the guy said it was near the falls.Also you could see the bridge in the background of some of the video.
I saw a video of the area. All the men have pot bellies and facial hair. No wonder LE got over 15,000 tips. What a TASK.

I saw a video of the area. All the men have pot bellies and facial hair. No wonder LE got over 15,000 tips. What a TASK.

As of 14 July they stated they had over 18,000 tips and I believe I read where they received another 1200-1300 since the sketch was released. I wonder if LE has reached a point where they've received more tips than they can efficiently cover. With that many tips you need dozens of investigators and no matter what the training each investigator is different. You have all these tips with dozens of different LEO's. I can see where if he is anywhere inside of a 100-200 miles of Delphi LE may have already spoken to him and not realize it at this point.

Also, with all of the 'Suspect', picture posting, I thought a reminder of what our world has lost would be appropriate:

attachment.php

RIH dearest children

Attachments

• Abigail Williams 13 and Liberty German 14 Delphi IN 2-13-17.jpg
    Abigail Williams 13 and Liberty German 14 Delphi IN 2-13-17.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 673
Maybe it's just me, but this sketch of BG just looks like your typical bullied school boy....now grown up to be a pedophile.

Short and dumpy, grows a beard to look like a man.

But creepy.... and he looks the part

He looks like a million other guys at Home Depot on a Saturday morning preparing for his DIY project....

As of 14 July they stated they had over 18,000 tips and I believe I read where they received another 1200-1300 since the sketch was released. I wonder if LE has reached a point where they've received more tips than they can efficiently cover. With that many tips you need dozens of investigators and no matter what the training each investigator is different. You have all these tips with dozens of different LEO's. I can see where if he is anywhere inside of a 100-200 miles of Delphi LE may have already spoken to him and not realize it at this point.

Back when there was a hunt for Ted Bundy, Bob Keppel created a computer program that was able to change the face of the investigation. I'm sure in today's world there is a system in place to sort through all those tips in a more focused concentration. Such as tips with the same name coming up from multiple sources. It should be eliminating suspects also.

Forgive and enlighten me if there are facts that discount this but- Could the new "witness" be Libby and the sketch taken from parts of video she recorded? As in, video we have not seen yet?

Forgive and enlighten me if there are facts that discount this but- Could the new "witness" be Libby and the sketch taken from parts of video she recorded? As in, video we have not seen yet?
It could be,but then that would mean that LE completely fabricated the story about the witness coming in and having a back and forth conversation with him.According to the article they asked him why he didn't come forward sooner and he replied with,good question.I don't know.

Law enforcement may have used the term "conversation" as a cover phrase. A couple of history professors I had referred to interrogating the evidence, as in figuratively asking questions of it. It was a metaphor.

It is possible that LE has already spoken with a killer (or one of the killers). I doubt it, as the late release of the sketch and height/weight estimates hint otherwise. But it is possible.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the 18,000 tip number are not unique tips. There are likely thousands of tips that were made on one single RSO. Thousands of tips on RL. Thousands of tips across the next 3 or 4 most mentioned RSOs. Thousands of tips on the same known person put as a side-by-side with a BG image. Thousands of tips that said things like, "I think you should look in bars I think he is a drinker", "I think that accent is ...", "I think the hat he is wearing is brand ...", "i think he is a trucker", "I think he is left-handed", "I think there is a gun in his pocket", "I think he said (insert almost anything else) instead of down the hill" and so on. And a not small number of people tipping in ex-husbands, ex-boyfriends, neighbors they don't like, etc. just to cause those people trouble. And so on.

The reality is that the vast majority of tips came with no name or a name that came up previously tens, hundreds, or thousands of times. I would put money on the table that with the new batch of tips received that there are very few new names that LE received that they didn't get the first time around.

It is possible that LE has already spoken with a killer (or one of the killers). I doubt it, as the late release of the sketch and height/weight estimates hint otherwise. But it is possible.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the 18,000 tip number are not unique tips. There are likely thousands of tips that were made on one single RSO. Thousands of tips on RL. Thousands of tips across the next 3 or 4 most mentioned RSOs. Thousands of tips on the same known person put as a side-by-side with a BG image. Thousands of tips that said things like, "I think you should look in bars I think he is a drinker", "I think that accent is ...", "I think the hat he is wearing is brand ...", "i think he is a trucker", "I think he is left-handed", "I think there is a gun in his pocket", "I think he said (insert almost anything else) instead of down the hill" and so on. And a not small number of people tipping in ex-husbands, ex-boyfriends, neighbors they don't like, etc. just to cause those people trouble. And so on.

The reality is that the vast majority of tips came with no name or a name that came up previously tens, hundreds, or thousands of times. I would put money on the table that with the new batch of tips received that there are very few new names that LE received that they didn't get the first time around.
That's a great post that put's things in perspective.

Back when there was a hunt for Ted Bundy, Bob Keppel created a computer program that was able to change the face of the investigation. I'm sure in today's world there is a system in place to sort through all those tips in a more focused concentration. Such as tips with the same name coming up from multiple sources. It should be eliminating suspects also.

I can imagine the number of tips is overwhelming for that county and maybe ISP. But this isn't the first time the FBI has worked a case like this. I wouldn't doubt the FBI has a standard software with fields for the data that has proven to be most important. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is MS Access where they sort and search all sorts of ways.

I have no doubt there is duplication, but I don't believe there is that much duplication. Last month the lead ISP investigator stated they were 10-15 tips per day. As far as following up on the tips he stated some days they cover only 2-3 and some days 15-20. (About 20 seconds into the interview.) If they're averaging around 12 tips called in a day that's probably 350-400 in June and if they follow-up an average of 5 per day they could cover 100 tips in a month (20 workdays x 5). (I'm just guessing here based on his interview last month.) It sounds as if there is still a bit there in spite of duplication.

[video=youtube;BFHQIzJM-yQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFHQIzJM-yQ[/video]

Hello everyone, I joined WS years ago with the Elizabeth Smart case but became inactive for many years due to work and child-rearing responsibilities. I lost my log-in info a long time ago and had to create a new ID recently, so now it looks like I just joined. Every now and then, a case like this really grabs me. This one has done it. I've been reading along but haven't really had anything new to add. Sleuthin's post got me to thinking about the jeans. The picture is so blurry that I really can't see much of anything, but I'll go out on a limb here. Those jeans don't appear to be wrinkled like they were washed and came out of the clean laundry pile IMO. I don't see any wrinkles. Now this is something that I would never do (nor would anyone I know), but I know that some people do this, and to each his own, but could these dad-jeans be starched or at least ironed? Could that be what's creating the lines that the light seems to be bouncing off of? Just wanted to throw it out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en