IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope this is solved way before February. Today is the day. I feel the perp probably follows this thread daily.

:wave: to all the lurkers.

Do you suspect he is just a follower here, or has he posted, too?

Given that locals seemingly haven't identified the man in the picture, it's likely he's not local.

Given that they have at least one of the victims' cell phones, it's likely there wasn't some previous communication between victim and perp. That would be easy to find, and easy to track where it came from.

If you Google "hiking trails near Delphi" this trail is the first one that pops up. It also likely shows up if you do a Google Maps search, or if you use one of many different combinations of words.

Forgive me if this has been debated ad nauseum, but from a fresh set of eyes, this seems like a case of someone visiting or passing through town, stalking on a hiking path for a victim. The brazenness suggests this is a typical MO and he has raped and possibly killed previously. If it wasn't these two girls, then it would have been some other lone woman, possibly in a different spot on the path.

I disagree about unlikely being local. Not saying he is or isn't, but it's Important not to discount anything with this perp.

I agree this was brazen. But I also think we should remember the precise location of this path in relation to town. I've never subscribd to the theory a perp would go looking for a victim there. That's MOO but if one studies the maps on the media thread closely, watch the YT videos etc. it may shed some light on the location.

Some thoughts to ponder...

1. He could be local but someone is scared sh$tless to come forward, he's that violent.

2. He may not care what anyone finds on the phone in fact he may want LE to listen to something.

3. The trail is not as well known as some may believe or as easy to find. A member here very early on went out for a look and could not find it at first. The Monon bridge and everything beyond is private property. One may find the official trail/Freedom bridge in town but this was further past that.

Do you suspect he is just a follower here, or has he posted, too?
Spell, I would not be surprised at either. Or that an accomplice/partner/relative is helping/ following for him and reporting back. All of the above IMO.
I'm probably just paranoid. Don't mind me.

Spell, I would not be surprised at either. Or that an accomplice/partner/relative is helping/ following for him and reporting back. All of the above IMO.

Interesting.
Could be someone posting to throw the scent onto someone else.

Interesting, and quite plausible. I hadn't even considered such.

Okay. I admit it. I get just as paranoid that our written words are being watched by each, and every single perp. I mean, look at our technology today. We have an attack on two children, accompanied by audio & video. We have two innocent lives extinguished, as if they didn't matter to the world.

Well, I have some news if perps really are reading any of our dialogue.

We will find you.
We will prosecute you.
We will always remember these beautiful girls.

You, and any possible accomplices, will be a tiny footnote in this despicable act of evil. All MHO, as always. Peace & Love.

Interesting.
Could be someone posting to throw the scent onto someone else.

Good Morning Folks!!

The phone~~I have always thought it was very likely that the perp threw the phone in the water and that is what they were looking for. Can someone answer a question for me? I've seen it posted here that Libby recorded the audio/video, but then I've also seen it posted that it was Abby's phone. Can someone please clarify that for me?

IIRC, they said that Libby and Abby had gone to the trail a week before? (I'm getting old and I can't remember the details..LOL) Anyway is it possible L&A encountered the perp on a previous visit there and that is also when the witness encountered him. Sort of like he was scoping the area out? Could this be why Libby photographed him on that fateful day? I know if I encountered a weird guy on the trail the week before and then encountered him again, I certainly would be on edge just like Libby. Heck for that matter, if I encounter a strange vehicle 2 days in a row, I'm writing down the license plate.

:heartbeat: you betcha!

Okay. I admit it. I get just as paranoid that our written words are being watched by each, and every single perp. I mean, look at our technology today. We have an attack on two children, accompanied by audio & video. We have two innocent lives extinguished, as if they didn't matter to the world.

Well, I have some news if perps really are reading any of our dialogue.

We will find you.
We will prosecute you.
We will always remember these beautiful girls.

You, and any possible accomplices, will be a tiny footnote in this despicable act of evil. All MHO, as always. Peace & Love.

Any and all of the above ↑↑↑↑ Could be poss. Sorry my phone is playing up.
Eta and what Jim said with knobs on.
BCA I agree with your post too. Abbey did not have a phone but an ipad at home TTBOMK.

Can you write more about your idea that she took a photo of him because he was not a stranger to her (as you said, because they had been lured by him)? I want to be able to see where you are coming from because I had been thinking the opposite. My original thought was that he maybe passed by them at least once already and did something out of the ordinary that rose to the level of creepy but not "call 911" creepy. In fact, my theory was that he said something lewd in order to see how they would react. It might have made them uncomfortable but not triggered a full feeling that they needed to flee for their lives. Then they either take his picture when they get the chance because they first brushed off what he said but now that he's coming back they want to show people the old creep on the trail or because they realize they are trapped and he's coming back.

Just me, I guess, but if I saw a creepy guy, I would turn the other way, not take a photo. I wonder if LG was somehow lured, then at the last minute realized this was a set-up, a reason to take the photo.

This is OT, but I just noticed there are about nine members active on this thread right now, and 12 guests. Overall, there are 1221 users on Websleuths right now: 172 members and 1049 guests. I'd love to invite some of the lurkers and guests to join the Websleuths community and share your insight. There are hundreds (if not more) of cases to explore on the WS forums.

Welcome!!
:loveyou:

I disagree about unlikely being local. Not saying he is or isn't, but it's Important not to discount anything with this perp.

I agree this was brazen. But I also think we should remember the precise location of this path in relation to town. I've never subscribd to the theory a perp would go looking for a victim there. That's MOO but if one studies the maps on the media thread closely, watch the YT videos etc. it may shed some light on the location.

Some thoughts to ponder...

1. He could be local but someone is scared sh$tless to come forward, he's that violent.

2. He may not care what anyone finds on the phone in fact he may want LE to listen to something.

3. The trail is not as well known as some may believe or as easy to find. A member here very early on went out for a look and could not find it at first. The Monon bridge and everything beyond is private property. One may find the official trail/Freedom bridge in town but this was further past that.
1. The last reward offer I saw was $200,000. That's enough to persuade most people to take that chance. If you knew for sure it was him, you also know for sure he's going away for life or more if you make that call... and you get rich. It's likely that reward amount actually generated calls that may not have been made without it, by people hoping to cash in. Perhaps a cashier that sees someone similar on a weekly basis... a coworker who thinks he looks familiar... a customer that uses his services from time to time... by now they would have put together the face and name of an obvious local and executed a warrant. The lack of a quick catch in this case suggests the people close to the perp aren't paying attention to the press on this case, likely because they are far away from it.

2. There is no indication of a ritual or master plan that needs to be played out like in the movie "Seven". Those sorts of killings are rarer than rare, and aren't usually played out in broad daylight. If LE did find a conversation with the perp on the phone, they likely would not have let it be known they have the phone. They would want to make contact with him if they couldn't trace an IP or phone number. You wouldn't want him deleting accounts or covering his digital tracks.

3. The trail is very easy to find. Go to the area on Google Maps. Type in "hiking trails" like a perp would, and there it is, directions and all. It also just happens to be the closest one to the highway... which would be your first choice if you want a quick getaway back out of town. By choosing a child victim, you know they are going to be missed as soon as it gets dark or sooner. He knew he had a quick getaway.

Aydrianna, re your posts from today (yesterday) re the cold water...

I've always thought maybe wade fishing or duck hunting...

Your questions/posts today made me suddenly consider something:

Maybe he is used to cold water.

I know this is all crazy speculative brainstorming on my part. Just thinking out loud and wracking my brain, from the heart, trying to work through this together as it comes day by day :eek:fftobed: , :grouphug:
It could be one of the gold hunters. They dont all wear boots in the water. Some wear their sneakers.

Are you referring to those still trying to implicate RL?

That is not at all what I was thinking. If a perp or someone he knows is trolling here, I would guess it is to find out what is known or being talked about with the hope of keeping his tracks covered. But he will get caught anyway, IMO.

TRUCK DRIVER theory seems very possible. There was a videographer in the last thread who went past the hog factory. There were an abundance of semis. I believe the video was showing the back way to the bridge. Interesting video.

Kinda difficult to hide a truck in that area. How would he have gotten to the trail w/o transportation and w/o being seen along a road?

I don't know if it would still ping, but photos of the crime being committed and others were retrieved from Travis Alexander's (Jodi Arias) after it had been washed in a washing machine.

Just for clarification, that was a digital camera.

Similar deal in my mind, though. The media can still be retrieved from whatever memory device is in it. Card. Solid state. Etc.

Kinda difficult to hide a truck in that area. How would he have gotten to the trail w/o transportation and w/o being seen along a road?
I think Aydrianna may be thinking of a delivery driver with time to kill -literally- who walks the back road while waiting maybe.

Adjusted distances, approximate timeline and assumed location of "Down the Hill". Credit to GH and my own research:

-Nin

Attachments

• Bridge dim and timeline WS.jpg
    Bridge dim and timeline WS.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 58
Lets hope this is solved way before February. Today is the day. I feel the perp probably follows this thread daily.

:wave: to all the lurkers.

I had that same feeling as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads