IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

My postings here were not to argue with you but to point out what has been said on these many threads.

We can disagree on points. Especially the one I bolded. I say that because while I do not live in the area, those who do have posted numerous times that they could walk down the street, go inside a store, restaurant, etc and find multiple men who look exactly like the image gleaned from the video or the sketch because he is that common looking for that area. I will take them at their word for that. So to post that "not even 10" seems to contradict what the people in those surrounding areas are saying.

I state all of this as MOO as I believe you do too. I have my signature line option turned off so I don't always see when people have it posted there.
There's no argument here.

I'm simply trying to point out the realities and what you can read from them.

In our new world of 140 character logic, and neat little Facebook sayings to live by, lost sometimes is reality. Reality doesn't fit neatly into sayings that apply to everything all the time, and 140 characters can only describe black or white, and doesn't allow for the greys of reality.

It's far fetched to think that in small town Indiana, 5 to 10% of the population in each town resembles the sketch. In Delphi, one can only imagine the witch hunt type scrutiny anyone remotely resembling the perp is currently under. By now, there would have been a search warrant of some sort. Finding one out of 3000 people, which includes women and children, is not needle in a haystack searching.

Thank you for replying. I've wanted to post that for a long time. Just hesitated because some websites have members that are less then friendly to newcomers.
Hi Kentucky. Nice to have you here. We're not a bad bunch TBH. We do need the warnings from mods to keep us in check/ give us a slap now and then though. Good to have new ideas.

If I lived in Delphi, I'd never go back there. All the safety signs, lights and cameras, etc... still not for me. I know the town has high hopes and plans but, imo, it's a notorious and sad place now and I would never feel safe there. What's more... if people think BG can lurk here on WS; what would stop BG or people like him from knowing when a WS member was going to be on that trail?

I hear ya... Maybe not a great suggestion on my part...apologies!

I can't go near anywhere near areas relating to Jessica Ridgeway's murder...

I get the feeling this guy is not tech savy. if he threw the phone, he didn't bother to wipe or look at it prior ? It just does not add up. I consider myself computer savy and even i still do not know how to find the new thread on webslueths (lmao seriosly if someone could tell me )

I've mentioned this before, but since there are new users, etc, what makes me question the not being tech savvy aspect is that I think it's likely he views *advertiser censored* sites, maybe child *advertiser censored* sites, moo.

I'm glad you wrote this. This may sound weird, but brown is a less common color for clothes, unless its a sports team shirt. (I work in clothing depts at a store). Anyways, today i was trying to figure out, along with others, what that brown thing is that BG was wearing.
^Your comment just might explain it!
I think its safe to assume an apron would have blood on it. Would someone wear a jacket over a bloody apron?
It looks like a zip up sweat shirt.

There's no argument here.

I'm simply trying to point out the realities and what you can read from them.

In our new world of 140 character logic, and neat little Facebook sayings to live by, lost sometimes is reality. Reality doesn't fit neatly into sayings that apply to everything all the time, and 140 characters can only describe black or white, and doesn't allow for the greys of reality.

It's far fetched to think that in small town Indiana, 5 to 10% of the population in each town resembles the sketch. In Delphi, one can only imagine the witch hunt type scrutiny anyone remotely resembling the perp is currently under. By now, there would have been a search warrant of some sort. Finding one out of 3000 people, which includes women and children, is not needle in a haystack searching.

There have been "dozens" of search warrants in this investigation.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/In...-focused-on-Delphi-murder-case-440642573.html

Police say they have conducted hundreds of interviews, followed up on thousands of leads, and served dozens of search warrants to find clues the killer may have left behind.

Its possible LE does suspect someone that is local. He might have taken off. Could be why theres billboards in 46 states. Or they just dont know.
LE has a sketch of the suspect. Maybe someone that works in a restaurant or a gas station recognized the picture. LE will not tell us that. They will lead you to believe he was seen on the trail that day. Even if he wasnt. The tipsters safety has to come first. We are not privy. Alot of our opinions are based on the info we dont have.

BBM

My postings here were not to argue with you but to point out what has been said on these many threads.

We can disagree on points. Especially the one I bolded. I say that because while I do not live in the area, those who do have posted numerous times that they could walk down the street, go inside a store, restaurant, etc and find multiple men who look exactly like the image gleaned from the video or the sketch because he is that common looking for that area. I will take them at their word for that. So to post that "not even 10" seems to contradict what the people in those surrounding areas are saying.

I state all of this as MOO as I believe you do too. I have my signature line option turned off so I don't always see when people have it posted there.
I did check out numbers at the schools some time ago and work out roughly 6-900 children with maybe 2000 adults and 1000 males. If the age range and race is taken into account then it would be quicker to take swabs from all eligible Delphi males. They would only have a few hundred to test possibly. However, by local, we really mean out as far as Layfayette, Kokomo, Logansport etc - a much larger potential "local" area. I don't believe he is from Delphi and certainly many posters on here say they see men "who look like BG" so he has that generic mid west look, whatever that may be. JMO.

All this talk tonight about him not being local because nobody seems to have recognized him has made me think again - scary thought as always! As realistic as the sketch is, I think it may be missing something that would make him easily identifiable. One thing I've learned in the years I've painted/sketched portraits for people is that almost everybody has some specific feature that makes them easily recognized in drawings/photos. I've known some that had distinctive eyebrows, a crooked lip, unusual shape/color/slant to the eye/s, unusually shaped ears, moles, warts, scars, etc. If an artist gets that aspect of the picture right (or it's showing in a photo), it seems that it's obvious to most people who it is. If this guy has something like that, people may not recognize him if it wasn't included in the sketch. It could be that his eyebrows are wrong, that one eye should be higher, lower, smaller, larger, or whatever. It could be that his nose is shaped differently, and his nose is something that people recognize first. It could be many things (even his hairstyle, which nobody seems to have seen).

Just because people don't recognize him from the sketch, that doesn't mean that nobody knows him. It could be something as simple as normally having a "unibrow" and distinctive curls, and shaving between his eyes and putting on a hat. I have no idea what feature it might be, or what good it would do to know that something was missing from the sketch, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. I'd really like him to be local rather than travelling across the country doing the same thing to other young girls. MOO

Re: him having a Midwest look, which is possible, not saying otherwise, I've seen people from/in states not just in the Midwest who resemble him, or at least his attire, moo.

I think its safe to assume an apron would have blood on it. Would someone wear a jacket over a bloody apron?
They also come down to the knees.
Eta. Slaughterhouse aprons I mean, not zip-up sweatshirts/hoodies.

Since November 2016, Johnson County, Indiana have made 138 drug arrests - 63 just recently, 40 in May (details of both have been posted here already) and 35 last November. Don't know the numbers for CaCo but it would be interesting if anyone knows them and could post them here.

If it is a brown zip up sweatshirt. Maybe it's unzipped. Looks like there is definitely something inside of it. Could explain why it's only sticking out on one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no reason to believe there was communication between them before they were all on the path. If they went to meet him, then why be suspicious and record him?

If he was communicating with one or both, he would likely know one or both had a cell phone. Clearly, he didn't know one was recording, and didn't bother to check if his picture was taken... if he was stalking them for a significant amount of time, he'd have seen them taking pictures.

It's unlikely a child predator would go to a hiking path and hope to find some children alone. Who, in this day and age, lets their young girls go walk in the bush alone? It's a rare occurrence. Child predators tend to hunt where kids are. Malls, sports games, playgrounds, schools, residential neighborhoods... if they hunt at all. The typical child predator assaults children they have easy access to like family, friends, or children in their care.

This looks more like a crime of opportunity. Had someone been on the path within eyesight of them, we'd likely be discussing a completely different victim. Perhaps a woman who went for a jog on the trail alone.

Delphi has a population of about 3000 people. If he was local, everyone in town could identify who is in that picture.
I agree with you darkskink. Had there been communication between them LE would have found it by now. He was on the prowl. Had he found a suitable lone female I think he would have preferred her. As always moo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wierd thought but hey... Could BG have left PigPlant w/ soiled apron & knife , went after girls, returned w/ expectedly-bloody apron back to blend in at work? (tho' wet pantlegs, flooded boots : / IDK ) OR had finished his shift so roommate saw any blood as "usual" due to Pig job? Yes! BROWN Apron! Thanks Kentucky!

I agree with you darkskink. Had there been communication between them LE would have found it by now. He was on the prowl. Had he found a suitable lone female I think he would have preferred her. As always moo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BBM

Ah, but how do you know they haven't?

You don't.

I don't.

The BBM is a conclusion drawn from information LE has not given to the public. Doesn't mean it isn't there.

All this talk tonight about him not being local because nobody seems to have recognized him has made me think again - scary thought as always! As realistic as the sketch is, I think it may be missing something that would make him easily identifiable. One thing I've learned in the years I've painted/sketched portraits for people is that almost everybody has some specific feature that makes them easily recognized in drawings/photos. I've known some that had distinctive eyebrows, a crooked lip, unusual shape/color/slant to the eye/s, unusually shaped ears, moles, warts, scars, etc. If an artist gets that aspect of the picture right (or it's showing in a photo), it seems that it's obvious to most people who it is. If this guy has something like that, people may not recognize him if it wasn't included in the sketch. It could be that his eyebrows are wrong, that one eye should be higher, lower, smaller, larger, or whatever. It could be that his nose is shaped differently, and his nose is something that people recognize first. It could be many things (even his hairstyle, which nobody seems to have seen).

Just because people don't recognize him from the sketch, that doesn't mean that nobody knows him. It could be something as simple as normally having a "unibrow" and distinctive curls, and shaving between his eyes and putting on a hat. I have no idea what feature it might be, or what good it would do to know that something was missing from the sketch, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. I'd really like him to be local rather than travelling across the country doing the same thing to other young girls. MOO
But they also have a picture and an audio. Since LE starts local, anyone local who meets the description would already be checked out for alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill