IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double post - Sorry, it's not about me...it's about Abby & Libby.

I still can't let the idea that the gold panning, or whatever it was called, might have played a role here. Those people were in the exact same area! They would know the area. With the trail being near there, I would imagine some had probably walked it.

Whoever is responsible definitely knew the area. Just don't see how a complete stranger to the area would know where to be not to be seen, heard, etc.

Like every poster here, I sure wish they would solve this case!!!!

Need the locals to help me, and apologies if this has been discussed to the point of exhaustion already!
The closest *major* highway; is that H65? If so, what would be the top three cargos being transported through that Highway in Indiana if you had to guess? And what would the drop off destination for those cargos typically be?

Editing to add that I notice there is a truck stop 32 miles from Delphi in Remington; about 40 minutes away on H65. I would have the poster and *REWARD* prominently displayed there.

I'm not local, and I think you're probably looking more at interstate trucking, but there is a farm supply store on W 300 N (Hoosier Harvestore), very close to the bridge/trail/crime scene. No reason to think that LE aren't all over this already, but what about a delivery or truck driver specializing in farm equipment, pesticides, fertilizers, making frequent stops at the store? Or salesman representing a company that sells one of these items, traveling within his regional area?

I don't wan't negative comments...but do any of you really believe LE is still working this "case"? I'm sure that they are - but why no new information and progress?
I'm sorry I'm so passionate about these two little girls being murdered - I live so close.

LE is not going to give out any information that might compromise a conviction. Often times a Perp will make statements during an arrest / interview with police that the public is not aware of. Thus, the need for the silence.
I think everyone is well aware this could be a scope beyond Delphi, and I'm sure multiple agencies are working this case. There is plenty of evidence; they *will* catch him. He's been laying low, and obviously must live far enough away from Delphi that the murder isn't main stream news where he is. But eventually, social media will help facilitate discovery, and an arrest. I think FB is our best friend in this case.

I don't wan't negative comments...but do any of you really believe LE is still working this "case"? I'm sure that they are - but why no new information and progress?
I'm sorry I'm so passionate about these two little girls being murdered - I live so close.

I do think they've got at least a handful of LE working this case full-time. I would imagine state LE as well as the FBI, if not working on it continuously, are there for any assistance necessary. I don't think anyone takes it very lightly when two young girls are murdered. It appears they have plenty of evidence, the related evidence testing results, and tips to comb through.

It would take a lot of manpower to do that, but that is the kind of thing that was done in dragnets of the past. The narrowing by color, sex, and age would make things go faster, but I suspect that facial recognition software bulk processing license photos might have already be considered in this.

Once they had a suspect drawing -- I'm sure it was off to the races. However, I expect it also meant they had another stack of potential suspects they have to exclude.

It seems like comparing the sketch to all license/ID photos would be the easiest way to potentially find a pile of suspects, then they wouldn't be wasting time trying to figure out who all was around Delphi that day. I would imagine there would be a ton who weren't required to weigh in as well as several that never had a tire on 1-65, but traveled on highways and county roads. Northern IN is my least favorite place to drive if I need to get somewhere in a hurry. It seems like there's never a good route to take and a lot of awful roads to get from point A to point B.

Thx Hoosier, great info.

As grandiose as this may sound, I would pull the records of every truck that weighed at the stop closest to Delphi in the month proceeding. I'd pull the DMV license and see if we could get a close hit on the pic/sketch.

I wouldn't rule anything out based on my guesses. IMO, the bulk of transport traffic in Delphi is from the packaging plant as it seems to be the largest employer in Delphi and since meat would be perishable, I bet there are trucks in and out many times per day. How far that meat goes, I have no idea. If it stays fairly local, there might be independent drivers hauling for them, and there might not be a ton of interstate driving.

I'm not local, and I think you're probably looking more at interstate trucking, but there is a farm supply store on W 300 N (Hoosier Harvestore), very close to the bridge/trail/crime scene. No reason to think that LE aren't all over this already, but what about a delivery or truck driver specializing in farm equipment, pesticides, fertilizers, making frequent stops at the store? Or salesman representing a company that sells one of these items, traveling within his regional area?

Hoosier Harvestore has been on my radar since the first or second week. I think if the large long building across the road from the trails is part of the HH (which my googling seems to point to) it would be the ideal place to see someone drop of the girls (so they would know they were likely alone) and be close enough to walk to the trails and walk back out of in a short amount of time. If 300N doesn't see much traffic, there wouldn't be a huge risk of being seen crossing the road. A vehicle parked at the store probably wouldn't look out of place or draw too much attention if it was there during normal business hours. I don't think they would necessarily even need to be someone who would visit the HH for business purposes, but someone driving down the road and seeing the girls dropped off would have the perfect place to pull in and park.

No one local ever confirmed for sure, but I think the house that Google pins as HH is likely the office and the buildings I was speaking of are the warehouse/storage. February, especially a warm Feb. day, is about the time that farmers start preparing for planting season around here. I'd also be curious as to what sits outside at those long buildings on a typical day. Are there normally customer vehicles? What about equipment or owner vehicles? Or any just general junky stuff one could park a vehicle behind?

Yes I believe they are still working the case we do not a lot of what is going on behind the scenes to catch this monster. The crime scene will be keeping law enforcement up at night and like us they will be desperately worried he is going to kill again. Law enforcement is under huge pressure to solve this for the families and the community with the glare of media around the world about the "Snapchat killer" on them.

I know it's hard to keep optimistic Rott Mott after nearly 7 months. He will be caught his luck is going to run out.

I hope the girls parents are not reading any of the speculations on their children. The girls are victims and never showed any sign of wrong doing. Think for a moment if this happened to your child and you read such things.
The discussion started with the quote "know what you're kids are up to" and what was meant by the detective who said that in this case. There is no disrespect intended for these girls and their families. The detective himself made that statement. What do you think he meant by that? That is how the speculation started. With what happened to KC in Texas, this has come to be discussed here, that was all.

I've been away for a bit but was really hoping to see some progress in this investigation. It's so disheartening to see none.

Libby's family has been passing out flyers at a local festival this weekend. Can't link the post.

Libby's family has been passing out flyers at a local festival this weekend. Can't link the post.

Yes I saw that I have so much respect and admiration for them. They are doing everything they can for the girls and to find monster I don't think I could get out of bed with depression if it was me.

Before there was DNA, there were fingerprints! I do not believe this perp murdered 2 girls and did not leave behind even one print! Think of everything he must have touched, including perhaps L's phone. Gloves come off (OJ's gloves were found one at murder site & one at his home). My point is that where I live (California) getting a drivers license requires your fingerprint! Unfortunately, Indiana only has this requirement if one drives a commercial truck with hazardous materials. Every state should have a fingerprint requirement! Were that a law in every state and a crime is committed, getting a hit on that database would be swift and not involve the wait time that DNA has. Best scenario, of course, would be a DNA hit & fingerprints left at a crime scene. Anyway, just a thought and I realize that this perp might not even be from Indiana.
"In order to comply with the threat assessment measures required by the U.S.A. Patriot Act, all individuals who hold a commercial driver license with a hazardous materials endorsement must have their fingerprints recorded."

Good point about finger prints -- I wonder if the police know who they are looking for, but are looking for him on the quiet so that he doesn't flee, go into hiding, and get fake identification?

If the police come out and say were are looking for Joe X, if Joe X knows he's committed a string of crimes he won't hang around and he won't be known as Joe X much longer.

Some warrants take a long time to come to closure. And, some people go into hiding and are only successful for a few weeks or months. There is no magic formula.

In an earlier post, someone mentioned they suspect the Bridge Guy to be living with an elderly relative. If the man has no bills in his name, he might very well be living "off the grid", not in a survivalist sense of the phrase, but in a functional sense where others are providing an unintentional screen between him and the ability of enforcement to simply reach out and touch him through public records.

The crime scene seems like it may not be good for fingerprints. Trees and leaves won't hold them. No clue if he touched the phone. But the phone seems to be one of the only things that would hold a print.

Before there was DNA, there were fingerprints! I do not believe this perp murdered 2 girls and did not leave behind even one print! Think of everything he must have touched, including perhaps L's phone. Gloves come off (OJ's gloves were found one at murder site & one at his home). My point is that where I live (California) getting a drivers license requires your fingerprint! Unfortunately, Indiana only has this requirement if one drives a commercial truck with hazardous materials. Every state should have a fingerprint requirement! Were that a law in every state and a crime is committed, getting a hit on that database would be swift and not involve the wait time that DNA has. Best scenario, of course, would be a DNA hit & fingerprints left at a crime scene. Anyway, just a thought and I realize that this perp might not even be from Indiana.
"In order to comply with the threat assessment measures required by the U.S.A. Patriot Act, all individuals who hold a commercial driver license with a hazardous materials endorsement must have their fingerprints recorded."

Now that I rethink my theory while considering fingerprints, I am leaning away from BG being a long haul trucker. Most CDL licenses require fingerprinting AFAIK. Those records are submitted into the FBI AIFIS system similar to DNA in CODIS. I would have to do more research to find out specifically, but I have no doubt that the FBI used AIFIS early on or else there are no usable prints anywhere at the crime scene.

Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System

Law enforcement agencies can then request a search in IAFIS to identify crime scene (latent) fingerprints obtained during criminal investigations. Civil searches are also performed, but the FBI charges a fee and the response time is slower.

[FONT=q_serif]Print lifting capability isn't binary regarding various surface types - there is somewhat of a spectrum of suitability for lifting fingerprints. Knowing my answers tend to wax prosaic, here's the TLDR as a public service:[/FONT]

• Easy: Glass, glossy tile, porcelain, lacquered furniture, smooth metal.
  • Involved: Paper, painted surfaces, drywall, cardboard, leather, most dashboards.
  • Difficult: Organic surfaces (tree leaves, fruit peels, feathers).
  • Formidable: Fabrics, human skin, and rough or textured surfaces (checkered handgun grips come to mind).
  • Virtually Impossible: Oily, rusty, or extremely dirty surfaces; high traffic surfaces with multiple overlapping prints; prints smeared by movement.

The crime scene seems like it may not be good for fingerprints. Trees and leaves won't hold them. No clue if he touched the phone. But the phone seems to be one of the only things that would hold a print.
[FONT=q_serif]Print lifting capability isn't binary regarding various surface types - there is somewhat of a spectrum of suitability for lifting fingerprints. Knowing my answers tend to wax prosaic, here's the TLDR as a public service:[/FONT]

• Easy: Glass, glossy tile, porcelain, lacquered furniture, smooth metal.
  • Involved: Paper, painted surfaces, drywall, cardboard, leather, most dashboards.
  • Difficult: Organic surfaces (tree leaves, fruit peels, feathers).
  • Formidable: Fabrics, human skin, and rough or textured surfaces (checkered handgun grips come to mind).
  • Virtually Impossible: Oily, rusty, or extremely dirty surfaces; high traffic surfaces with multiple overlapping prints; prints smeared by movement.

Good point about finger prints -- I wonder if the police know who they are looking for, but are looking for him on the quiet so that he doesn't flee, go into hiding, and get fake identification?

If the police come out and say were are looking for Joe X, if Joe X knows he's committed a string of crimes he won't hang around and he won't be known as Joe X much longer.

Some warrants take a long time to come to closure. And, some people go into hiding and are only successful for a few weeks or months. There is no magic formula.

In an earlier post, someone mentioned they suspect the Bridge Guy to be living with an elderly relative. If the man has no bills in his name, he might very well be living "off the grid", not in a survivalist sense of the phrase, but in a functional sense where others are providing an unintentional screen between him and the ability of enforcement to simply reach out and touch him through public records.
If LE had a name and couldn't track him down quickly, it's more likely they would put a name and face out for the public to help. They do it on a regular basis.

You can imagine the uproar should this person murder again while LE sits on that identification and could have warned the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldeBiddy