IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a case in Florida. A woman saw a sketch of a suspect wanted for murder. She thought it looked like her neighbor. She discussed it with family and a couple of the neighbors. They told her to mind her business. Then LE released a sample of his writing. She compared it to an invoice she received from him. She knew it was him. She faxed it to LE. LE never came. She called up the Det and demanded
action. She was right. He was arrested.
I hope something similar is not happening in this case.

We had a case here in Ontario (Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka).

Bernardo started out as a vicious serial rapist. He left DNA. DNA was collected and it sat and it sat and it sat for Lord knows how long but he continued to rape and then moved on to kidnapping, rape and murder. It was horrible.

He was nicknamed the "Scarborough Rapist". A composite sketch was everywhere. People called in about him! He was interviewed, GAVE A SAMPLE, and allowed to leave. The sketch was dead on.

That sample sat and sat and sat until one day they finally did the testing and were able to put 2 and 2 together.

His picture was out there, we all saw it, his car was described, billboards were everywhere. There were witness who saw Kristen French being kidnapped.

It still took years to finally nail the SOB and you know what. The DNA nailed him for the Scarborough rapes, He was arrested and then KARLA turned on him because he beat her up and a DIFFERENT police force who were handling the murders were kinda left out until Karla spilled her guts. She was also VERY involved and was trying to save her own neck.

The reason I'm posting this is because there could be something similar going on here. If there is more than one Police Force involved, information may not be shared. I am convinced that someone other than BG knows about this and isn't coming forward. I am convinced that his name has already crossed LE's desk and at some point he will be identified and caught but I see this taking quite some time.

They need a break and it hasn't come yet.

MOO
You may well be right and I think even LE have acknowledged they may have already spoken to him. The Yorkshire Ripper had been interviewed and discounted as well IIRC. If he is being supported by a false alibi and his DNA is not on file, what else can police do?

Wish I had something of substance to add but sadly there isn't much anymore.

Going back to the beginning when the pics of BG were first released, my thoughts at the time were that he looked comfortable on the bridge and looked as though he were heading somewhere like a convenience store or something to buy some cigarettes or whatever. Walking with purpose. I thought he may have a drunk driving charge or otherwise unable to drive and had to hoof it around town and that it was a short cut to get to wherever he was going since he looked out of place for someone taking a scenic walk. I don't think there is any such store that he would be heading to though. But he really does not appear new to that bridge IMO.

Being in Indiana, this case and Lauren Spierer's case really stick with me. I hope there is a resolution in these cases soon. Someone somewhere needs to find their conscience and come clean with what they know.

I understand that the integrity of the investigation needs to be protected. I get it.

But I can't help but think that one more piece of information being released might be the one thing that spurs someone on to think that they know who it is. One little thing might push someone over the top where they know they have to call it in.

If he has an odd gait perhaps, or a tick or something! Anything would help.

From the picture and sound bite of BG I get the sense that hes in his fifty's , smokes, drinks, and is missing some lower teeth. I would further speculate that he is originally from Indiana and has lived in southern Indiana as an adult, possibly served in the Army around 1978 and has likely served jail time somewhere. I think that when he is found he will appear a little older than the current sketch.
Just my impression thus far.

From the picture and sound bite of BG I get the sense that hes in his fifty's , smokes, drinks, and is missing some lower teeth. I would further speculate that he is originally from Indiana and has lived in southern Indiana as an adult, possibly served in the Army around 1978 and has likely served jail time somewhere. I think that when he is found he will appear a little older than the current sketch.
Just my impression thus far.

Welcome, BobA
FYI - Page 1 of each thread has pertinent info of this case, rules, etc. I started with image thread, which is very helpful. :clap:

Going back to the beginning when the pics of BG were first released, my thoughts at the time were that he looked comfortable on the bridge and looked as though he were heading somewhere like a convenience store or something to buy some cigarettes or whatever. Walking with purpose. I thought he may have a drunk driving charge or otherwise unable to drive and had to hoof it around town and that it was a short cut to get to wherever he was going since he looked out of place for someone taking a scenic walk. I don't think there is any such store that he would be heading to though. But he really does not appear new to that bridge IMO.

Being in Indiana, this case and Lauren Spierer's case really stick with me. I hope there is a resolution in these cases soon. Someone somewhere needs to find their conscience and come clean with what they know.

attachment.php

Apologies for my crudely-drawn line from the SE end of the bridge to roughly where the CS is located, this was very early in the case.

I'd wondered, too, if BG "was on his way" somewhere, but I looked over maps of the area in question, for hours in the weeks afterwards. BG was on his way to murder, there's nothing close by he would have been walking to, such as stores and whatnot. The one trail which kind of leads back to town is beyond the parking area for the bridge/trails off of W 300 N, the parking area which is now closed off. The other parking area is on the other end of the bridge which crosses IN 25, which then leads into a residential area on the edge of Delphi.

The basic idea of the route back to town is the old Monon RR right-of-way (RoW) which lead to the bridge, abandoned now 30 years. There was a switch on the main line, which I know is a busy stretch of NS track, these days. My guess is that RoW was lightly traveled in later years, probably serviced small towns between there and down towards Indy (I don't remember where the other end is located).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170223-202456_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20170223-202456_1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 683
I understand that the integrity of the investigation needs to be protected. I get it.

But I can't help but think that one more piece of information being released might be the one thing that spurs someone on to think that they know who it is. One little thing might push someone over the top where they know they have to call it in.

We can certainly hope for LE to provide something useful. Unless they really are close to nailing this monster!

Yes..somewhat out of place...i agree. He looks more like someone headed to the corner store for smokes. Also, this may sound out there but I'm of the impression that he shops at thrift stores. I think it would be worth while to show his picture to clerks at Good Will, Salvation Army, Value World, etc.
Something even more out there...this guy from a distance is going to resemble many men. Im not completely comfortable with the sketch...but thats just me. <modsnip>

The BG looks to be about a 46w x 30L but he wears 40w and keeps them below the waist causing the legs to bunch up at the ankle. If he runs his pants will fall down.

So I've been thinking...if he's middle-aged there is a good probability he needs some type of vision correction. I don't recall LE mentioning eyeglasses. So IF he needs his vision corrected, that means he's wearing contacts or he's had Lasix. Because he needed good close up vision for the bridge boards and good distance vision to keep an eye on his target, the girls. And IF he's wearing contacts or has had Lasix then he has the means to cover that expense, whether via insurance or cash. So if that scenario applies then it reduces the likelihood that he's transient.

Great sleuthing all, been reading but not writing. As an avid bushwalker I find this crime even more unusual and tragic.
BobA, why do you think the army? Perceptive about the pants! Wish the two had run, they have certainly outrun BG, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've been thinking...if he's middle-aged there is a good probability he needs some type of vision correction. I don't recall LE mentioning eyeglasses. So IF he needs his vision corrected, that means he's wearing contacts or he's had Lasix. Because he needed good close up vision for the bridge boards and good distance vision to keep an eye on his target, the girls. And IF he's wearing contacts or has had Lasix then he has the means to cover that expense, whether via insurance or cash. So if that scenario applies then it reduces the likelihood that he's transient.

kizzykat.
Many middle aged folk may not require glasses, contacts except perhaps for reading.
Yes, I agree insurance, etc may be required in USA.
Here, in Australia, glasses etc can be free, for those not on private insurance, etc.

He perhaps, if glasses required, may have obtained them 'freely' by way of other means????
ie second hand stores, charity places, finding glasses that may help him.

Great sleuthing all, been reading but not writing. As an avid bushwalker I find this crime even more unusual and tragic.
BobA, why do you think the army? Perceptive about the pants! Wish the two had run, they have certainly outrun BG, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for joining us WhyWhy and I agree with you there has been great sleuthing on these case threads.

I have wondered numerous time if he is a bit bow legged. Did anyone else think that from the pictures of him on the bridge? I thought it the first time I saw it.

Wish the two had run, they have certainly outrun BG, IMO.

I don't think they could. I watched a few videos on youtube by Gary Hughes recently, who had several videos of footage of the exact spot on the bridge and figured out where the girls were - if you look at the photos of the suspect on the bridge, he is starting to walk towards their direction, and that portion of the bridge places them not at the end of the bridge, but cornered on one of the overhanging platforms - they were not at the end of the bridge. I think Abby and Libby were hoping he would just pass by them, instead of attempting to outrun him, because at this point they didn't have any real legitimate urgency as far as they knew, he was just a weirdo to them. And last but not least, you cannot run on this bridge for the life of you even if you tried, you have to look down the entire time you're walking, because of the gaps in the wood, or else you trip and lose your balance. I think before and after that snapchat footage was snapped, he started talking to them, or did something to exhibit odd behavior (which prompted the snapchat footage), and they both hoped he was just a weirdo that would pass on by them, and that would be it.
So, my theory is that the suspect approaches the girls, they're cornered because the only way off the bridge at that point is to jump off the platform and for sure die or seriously injure themselves by falling below, or follow his instructions. I think he threatened them with a weapon to intimidate them and told them to start walking, Libby has the presence of mind to turn on her camera to pick up audio, most likely concealing it in one of her jean pockets, all the while both Libby and Abby think they have the potential to run away once they get off the bridge, but something goes awry once they do make their way off and attempt to escape.

I think someone has information but won't come forward due to fear of being arrested
On some matte which may or may not
Be connected to this crime. Someone may not be wiling to risk going to prison, even to put away a child killer.

I have wondered numerous time if he is a bit bow legged. Did anyone else think that from the pictures of him on the bridge? I thought it the first time I saw it.

Yes, absolutely. Or injured at somebody point. War wound?

"double-tap technique, 9 mm handgun, 7.62 caliber rifle AR-15"

If we would know whether something of the above would apply to the Abby/Libby case .....

I don't think they could. I watched a few videos on youtube by Gary Hughes recently, who had several videos of footage of the exact spot on the bridge and figured out where the girls were - if you look at the photos of the suspect on the bridge, he is starting to walk towards their direction, and that portion of the bridge places them not at the end of the bridge, but cornered on one of the overhanging platforms - they were not at the end of the bridge. I think Abby and Libby were hoping he would just pass by them, instead of attempting to outrun him, because at this point they didn't have any real legitimate urgency as far as they knew, he was just a weirdo to them. And last but not least, you cannot run on this bridge for the life of you even if you tried, you have to look down the entire time you're walking, because of the gaps in the wood, or else you trip and lose your balance. I think before and after that snapchat footage was snapped, he started talking to them, or did something to exhibit odd behavior (which prompted the snapchat footage), and they both hoped he was just a weirdo that would pass on by them, and that would be it.
So, my theory is that the suspect approaches the girls, they're cornered because the only way off the bridge at that point is to jump off the platform and for sure die or seriously injure themselves by falling below, or follow his instructions. I think he threatened them with a weapon to intimidate them and told them to start walking, Libby has the presence of mind to turn on her camera to pick up audio, most likely concealing it in one of her jean pockets, all the while both Libby and Abby think they have the potential to run away once they get off the bridge, but something goes awry once they do make their way off and attempt to escape.

CCTinsley.
I agree with your post, and you are a newbie. Welcome.
Your post is wonderful perhaps explaining why girls were unable to escape.
Certainly if someone pointed a gun at you, you would freeze, doing whatever they state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0