IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks a lot shorter than I thought it was. If this has been discussed, sorry I missed it, so do we know the exact length of the bridge? And how long is the immediate trail on either side of it before you are, on one end, closer to where other people might be (as in entering the area), and on the other, close to where their bodies were found? I remember something about a 3/4 mile approximate distance from the bridge to the location of the bodies.

Just trying to get a better visual on the relative crime area from a ground perspective.

Thanks!

Using Google map distance tool it's about 130' spanning the creek from support to support.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    200.2 KB · Views: 602
If a car were even suspected of being involved, I think LE would ask the public if they have seen the car.

There has been zero info coming from LE about a car.

I'm thinking the guy lives close enough to walk. Or, he's familiar enough with the area to park at a distance and walk. He didn't want his vehicle spotted anywhere near the park that day.

jmopinion

Inthedetails, I NEVER once mentioned the vehicles parked near the trestle as being involved. What I am inferring is there were witnesses nearby the scene while Libby and Abby are on the bridge based on the vehicles parked there.

I've been lurking since the first thread but finally brave enough to post. Just now getting to watch the press conference. It's overwhelming... i wish I knew something that would help solve this case! All I can do is pray and I will continue to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inthedetails, I NEVER once mentioned the vehicles parked near the trestle as being involved. What I am inferring is there were witnesses nearby the scene while Libby and Abby are on the bridge based on the vehicles parked there.

I'd think the police would be mentioning them even if they were simply witnesses. However, there are no vehicles in the image. If there were, they would be larger and much more visible.

That's a reasonably clear photo. With the FBI model just released, you have a pretty good rendition of what he looks like. I suspect leads are rolling in.

On the audio, LE is saying the perp says, "down the hill." On the clearer one CBS posted, it's sounds more like "Go down the hill" or "Get down the hill." Also a pretty clear audio.

I agree that it sure seems like a gun was probably used. His jacket seems like it was capable of carrying it concealed.

Has motive been discussed anywhere?

If it was a planned meeting, LE will be able to track that down (cell/text communications).

I think LE has quite a bit of info on the guy; I suspect they'll have an arrest soon.

Condolences to the family and community.

Is there a new photo that has been released? I've only seen the fuzzy photo.

Very good press conference. LE is emotionally invested and appear to know what they are doing.

My thoughts. The guy isn't very smart. Why would he leave without checking for and destroying their phones?
He is from Central or Southern IN or IL based on his voice. Most likely he is from the area or surrounding area. He likely knew they would be there. Did he see social media posts to know? Is he a friend of a family friend?

If I was releasing audio of the perpetrators voice I would release the segment that would give the best chance of recognizing. So they probably released a segment they thought was his normal speaking voice. Kind of eerie how calm he sounded. I believe down the hill was to the area they were murdered. They may have more audio or better audio but it could be too sensitive and related to the actual deed and they don't want to release for obvious reasons.

They will catch him soon IMHO.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

This guy has to be very familiar with the terrain. When he says "down the hill" he knows exactly where he's taking them to.....Please get this guy!

Ok, but are we sure that LE found the phones?

To my ears, he really doesn't have a discernable accent. Definitely not southern. I'm from the midwest and his voice would fit right in here, but probably also in many other areas of the US.

I just wanted to throw some comments in here, I'm a longtime lurker, but I have never posted before. While I am not too sure how much my comments and opinions are going to actually contribute to this case, I hope that maybe I can clear up some of the questions I'm reading, and maybe you guys can help me with some of my confusion.

I am relatively familiar with the town of Delphi, and it's surrounding areas. My family has owned property outside of Delphi for awhile, not too far from the location that LE searched. For my children this area is their "utopia". They get to spend their weekends in the summers running around in the woods, riding dirt bikes and getting muddy and wet in the many rivers and creeks. What is most scary for me, is that my children have walked this trail countless times, my two daughters could have been these poor girls. Never in a million years would I have thought something like this would have happened in Carroll county, even with I-65 running through the middle of it, and US 421 and the new Hoosier Heartland "thing". I can't even begin to understand what this is doing to the community. I hope we find justice for these two innocent and beautiful girls.

This press conference, which I was anxiously waiting for since last night, is rather infuriating to me. The Indiana State Police is a pretty top notch LE agency, they have to have more than this right?!? I hope they do and I hope this is just a strategy of slowly releasing information to motivate the public to provide more quality tips.

And that is what leads me to the part that I don't understand about this audio recording which was just released. In my mind it goes a bit against the most narrative that has been pushed by LE since naming "man in picture" as main suspect #1.

This voice is about the most typical central Indiana voice that I have ever heard. It sounds like my coworkers, neighbors, and most of the guys that will be at the bar this afternoon discussing this case with me. Why then did LE feel like this would help ??? Because contrary to what they are saying about a possible transient or hitchhiker, they want someone in the Delphi area, or better the greater Lafayette area to recognize it as their husband, brother or son and call in the tip that solves the case. They feel the recognition of this man's voice in such a cold hearted situation is what will cause a person to finally admit that their loved one is a monster. Delphi and the surrounding towns are small enough places that if this person was from there, and was not being protected by a family member or loved one, then he would have already been caught.

Those are just my thoughts and confusions for now.

It sounds like everyone and anyone to you, but to some person out there, its going to sound exactly like their dad, brother, neighbor, son, co-worker etc... Thats who LE is hoping to hear from IMO

I hope more locals post about the accent.

Being from Wisconsin and having relatives in Chicago, Michigan, and Minnesota, I sure don't think the perp is from that part of the Midwest. His "down" doesn't exaggerate the "ooouuuuun" enough.

I was born in Indiana, and presently live in central Indiana, about an hour from Delphi. My parents are from southern Indiana, and I have relatives that live in various areas of the state.

The sample is very, very short, obviously, and the words aren't necessarily ones that are major differentiators. We don't know the context surrounding the words we've been given (e.g. is it a communication to the girls, to an accomplice, to himself) and what the words before and after it were. The suspect does not, to me sound excited, and there's what sounds like (to me) steps being taken through brush.

The suspect's "th" in "the" is pronounced. That is, it's not like a "d". The "e" in "the" is pronounced as an "uh" and not an "ee". "Hill" is pronounced as it is spelled. That is, sometimes people (particularly in rural area in southern Indiana) will make the "i" sound like "ee", or will even make it into a diphthong ("heee-ill").

For the very little that it's worth, it sounds like the speaker could come from central Indiana. I would personally be surprised, based on this sample, if it were someone from southern Indiana, unless that person is from a larger town, or has otherwise worked to suppress an accent.

But that's just me. Obviously, people hear lots of different things from this!

Speaking in definitives in a case such as this, when so little is known, especially by us, is a position I am not keen on taking, but I admire your confidence in doing so.

I'm sure there are poles at the end of the bridge, and I am taking that into consideration. While I just started commenting on this particular case, I have read from the beginning, as I started late, just 2 days ago, so I read the discussions on the poles. I regrettably missed where the direct question was asked, "Is the suspect in any pictures, or the picture on the bridge, without question?" or something similar. Not hard to miss when you read through 6 threads in 2 days. If you could provide me with that link to that quote which absolutely rules out him being in any of Liberty's pictures, that would be great!

It is just that, now that we know the stills of him WERE from Liberty's phone, and that there is more unreleased, and that she was definitely purposely obtaining footage and audio of this guy who was almost certainly freaking them out, then it is much more in the realm of possibility that she had taken pictures of him as well.

While the info provided at this link does not rule out the perp being in any additional thus far unreleased images or videos from LIberty's phone, it does contain direct quote about the shadowy figures at the far end of the bridge that people have for the past week speculated is the perp(s)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13168050#post13168050

ETA the pic I am referring to since we now have several images involved in this case.

attachment.php

His accent may be identifiable, but would that tell us where he is living now?

I know this is off-topic to the case and don't want to start a side-discussion, but one of the sub-topics we've been discussing is keeping safe. I just read this story and thought it was worth sharing in the spirit of being aware and keeping safe:

"Michigan teen warns about possible kidnapping tactic after finding shirt wrapped around her windshield wiper "
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/michigan-teen-warns-kidnapping-tactic-article-1.2979128
Passing this on to my daughter. Ty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just want to add, that victims will comply with demands and not fight back, or show signs of defensive wounds, if they are outgunned or outnumbered. Defense attorneys will try to convince a jury that this proves the victims were willing participants in their own crime....absolutely disgusting.

JMO, from cases and trials, I've followed over the years.

I just wanted to throw some comments in here, I'm a longtime lurker, but I have never posted before. While I am not too sure how much my comments and opinions are going to actually contribute to this case, I hope that maybe I can clear up some of the questions I'm reading, and maybe you guys can help me with some of my confusion.

I am relatively familiar with the town of Delphi, and it's surrounding areas. My family has owned property outside of Delphi for awhile, not too far from the location that LE searched. For my children this area is their "utopia". They get to spend their weekends in the summers running around in the woods, riding dirt bikes and getting muddy and wet in the many rivers and creeks. What is most scary for me, is that my children have walked this trail countless times, my two daughters could have been these poor girls. Never in a million years would I have thought something like this would have happened in Carroll county, even with I-65 running through the middle of it, and US 421 and the new Hoosier Heartland "thing". I can't even begin to understand what this is doing to the community. I hope we find justice for these two innocent and beautiful girls.

This press conference, which I was anxiously waiting for since last night, is rather infuriating to me. The Indiana State Police is a pretty top notch LE agency, they have to have more than this right?!? I hope they do and I hope this is just a strategy of slowly releasing information to motivate the public to provide more quality tips.

And that is what leads me to the part that I don't understand about this audio recording which was just released. In my mind it goes a bit against the most narrative that has been pushed by LE since naming "man in picture" as main suspect #1.

This voice is about the most typical central Indiana voice that I have ever heard. It sounds like my coworkers, neighbors, and most of the guys that will be at the bar this afternoon discussing this case with me. Why then did LE feel like this would help ??? Because contrary to what they are saying about a possible transient or hitchhiker, they want someone in the Delphi area, or better the greater Lafayette area to recognize it as their husband, brother or son and call in the tip that solves the case. They feel the recognition of this man's voice in such a cold hearted situation is what will cause a person to finally admit that their loved one is a monster. Delphi and the surrounding towns are small enough places that if this person was from there, and was not being protected by a family member or loved one, then he would have already been caught.

Those are just my thoughts and confusions for now.

Thanks for joining. We need all the locals we can get.

LE sent a huge message in this presser. The Director of the FBI is on this case. They have video and audio of many things from this crime. This is in big trouble. LE knows SO much more than what they are sharing. I'm stunned that they released the audio. It is truly terrifying and will bring tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands to this case. That is extremely important.

Try to give LE a break. I've followed hundreds of cases, and they are handling this one just fine. They need you, me and everyone to help. They need OUR help.

Try not to be scared (how can you NOT be?). I hope you're children find their utopia again. :-( :grouphug:

His accent may be identifiable, but would that tell us where he is living now?

The only benefit of that audio is going to come from someone who recognizes that voice.... And no mistake, its a HUGE asset in the investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader