IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police tend to believe the perp did not drive away from there. Thats why they were talking about hitch hikers that day. moo. Did anyone else catch that?

It would be horrifying to find out you had this monster in your car or truck.

I am still about 20+ pages behind but want to ask a question before I forget....

Does anyone know what kind of phone Libby had? The photo of Abby was very clear. Which makes me think it must have had a decent camera. But the stills of the suspect are super blurry. Yes, I know they are from a video. But they still seem really blurry. Is it at all possible the stills are of him in the background and they are blown up and made blurry? Or is it 100% known that the stills are from the same time as the audio clip?

My iPhone 6 looks that way if I use the zoom feature.

I am still about 20+ pages behind but want to ask a question before I forget....

Does anyone know what kind of phone Libby had? The photo of Abby was very clear. Which makes me think it must have had a decent camera. But the stills of the suspect are super blurry. Yes, I know they are from a video. But they still seem really blurry. Is it at all possible the stills are of him in the background and they are blown up and made blurry? Or is it 100% known that the stills are from the same time as the audio clip?

I believe it was an iPhone, I could be wrong though! However, I have an iPhone as well. It takes great photos, but the video isn't nearly as good of quality. It looks to me like there was quite a bit of zooming and cropping to get that still of the guy, which would make it look pretty bad. I don't think the stills are from the same clip the audio was pulled from, but LE didn't say that. But I think it's understood the stills and the audio both came from Libby's phone, perhaps at different times, even if just minutes.

Here is (hopefully) a better view of the "Down the hill" order.

deer creek hill.jpg

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, I've only been able to read the first couple of pages of this new thread.
I am wondering when Libby may have started videotaping this guy, and if the audio we heard today is part of the same recording that the photos came from. And why she did.

The reason I wonder is that in the stills, it doesn't even look as if he is looking at them, let alone coming at them in any sort of menacing way. He just looks like a dude minding his own business, walking the bridge.

I wonder if something just struck them, at the very least Libby, as 'off' about him before they even had any manner of contact?

I'm just trying to make the connection between someone ambling along looking so unassuming and that audio. Did he have a plan, and part of it was looking unassuming, or did something 'trigger' him?

:thinking:

She might have just been filming the bridge when he came walking into the picture, rather than her purposefully filming him.

Just about caught up after sprinting through all of the press conference stuff and the posts since.

Wow, so amazed at Liberty managing to get the pictures/audio. It was pretty chilling to listen to although I didn't like how quickly it looped. Hope someone will come forward with a tip.

This case has hit so many of us in our hearts.

For me, a big part of it is recalling memories of my own childhood when my friends and I had the freedom to roam around. I gave my own kids freedom too, but not as much as my parents gave me. And I hate what joy we're losing because creeps like this guy who make us scared.

I have such GREAT memories of outdoor adventures with my friends as a kid. I'm definitely thinking about them as I read about this case. Bittersweet reading.

jmo

True.

World is different now.

My bff just sent a text if I want go hiking at a local state park Friday...I haven't answered yet...this case has my head upside down...my husband thinks I'm bonkers I think lol.

IMO he looks like he would be far to old to be the man in the photos. Guess you can't rule it out though.

There is another sexual predator who was charged with not registering when he moved, and he lives in Delphi now about 15 minutes away from the crime scene and to me he looks very similar to the picture. Granted the picture is very difficult to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is another sexual predator who was charged with not registering when he moved, and he lives in Delphi now about 15 minutes away from the crime scene and to me he looks very similar to the picture. Granted the picture is very difficult to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you reported this tip? If you really feel that way I would strongly encourage you to!

I'm sure this has already been mentioned. But I'm just joining the thread.

He walks with a certain gait and is wearing outdated 'mom jeans' so that leads me to think he's not young. And his voice is not that of a young man. I'd bet 50's +. Could be in his 40's, but that would be surprising. Possibly 48.

His gait is something people would notice about him. Even if he changes appearance.

Lilt of a southern accent. However, I know as an Illinoisan myself that southern Illinois and Indiana some of the people have light accents. Very different than northern Illinois and Indiana. Also he could be from Kentucky.

Simply my thoughts.

When they say the phone was pinging around town, does that mean the phone was moving or different towers were picking up the signal and the phone was immobile ?

I'm curious- since they posted snap chat photos and a photo of this suspect was taken from one of the girls phones... has anyone seen all the original snaps from her story? Maybe someone who had a child who followed them on snap chat?

thank you!!! If anyone lives within 50 miles of Delphi print and post these flyers publicly

You might consider adding the URL for the audio file or site to the bottom of the flyer.

I don't see that on there.

I agree that he sounded in his 40's to me.

Hello everyone! As I said yesterday I wasn't able to be online today when the presser was live. Thanks to everyone who was transcribing it in the last thread! I read those pages, and it was intense and emotional and heartbreaking! Audio! My dear Lord. That was indeed outstanding thinking by Libby! I pray it will click with someone and that someone will make that phone call.

Just putting this link here for anyone else who comes late

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

It has all the latest info and the audio clip to listen to and download in different formats.

I think the 'down the hill' words were spoken as part of the ruse he had prepared. It sounds so calm and friendly. He sounds middle aged to me, in his 40 I'd say.

Won't be able to read all the previous comments today as you guys have posted more than 1000 since last night! So apologies if I'm just rehashing.

My heart goes out to Libby and Abby, to their families, and to the officers trying to solve this heinous crime.

I'm curious- since they posted snap chat photos and a photo of this suspect was taken from one of the girls phones... has anyone seen all the original snaps from her story? Maybe someone who had a child who followed them on snap chat?

JMO, but i am sure LE knows more than they are telling. LE usually doesn't let all the fine details out

I have a few observations:

- The suspect has a working class dress sense. His boots are such that he either does a lot of hiking or he works outdoors and needs sturdy shoes. The color of his baseball cap is tan which I tend to associate with outdoors themes like fishing, lake resorts or hunting

- He sounds so calm in the audio, giving directions to go/get down the hill. My ears detect Midwestern but I couldn't say Indiana for definite based on four words. That calmness combined with her recording makes me think that the girls were still playing along and hoping it would be okay. If he had a gun on them, why would he let the girl use her phone and why would she dare to use her phone?

- Which brings me to the encounter. I find it interesting that they took video of him before he was upon them. They were kids and kids do random things but it made me wonder if they took a photo/video of him because the meeting between the girls and him was planned, and they thought they were taking precautions. So, I kind of wonder if he was a Snapchat friend or something similar that they risked meeting up with.
- Perhaps this is why the police are not releasing as much information as I would expect if this were purely one of those extremely rare times when a killer attacks two random girls, unplanned and on a whim. If so, how reckless. Maybe the police haven't been able to track down his Snapchat (or similar) ID and just maybe the police don't want the general public to blame the victims at such a delicate stage.

P.S. Don't let your teens use Snapchat, Periscope or any other app geared towards sharing pictures/videos. They are RIFE with predators. I've lost track of how many times I've reported people for attempted grooming.

P.S. I hope no childre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member