IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought the outfit was thrift store clothes, bought to be discarded after the crime. Whether or not the murderer is the current POI or not, I don't see this as a rage killing, but as planned (not necessarily with Abby and Libby in mine, but the killer looking for any target). MOO

I agree. Do you thrift? I do, and spending a lot of time in thrift stores gives you an eye for them in addition to all the homeless begging at intersections around here. It's a specific look. I've always thought he looked homeless, was short for a man, and wearing thrift clothing.

I agree he was hunting, although some here have made pretty good arguments for a rage killing. I still think he was on the hunt and poor A and L were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

BigCityAccountant, I saw some images you posted 9/29 of the sketch that you put into a website that showed the right, left, top, and bottom sides of the BG sketch. I can't find it now. Could you tell me what site you used to get those images? ...
And if possible can you repost them?They were great!
Thank You So Much!

With today's announcement of not being able to include or exclude DN, I wonder if ISP really do have the killers DNA??? This seems like the perfect reason for a DNA fast track if ever there was one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if anyone from Delphi recognizes him or even knows him? If any tips have come in about DN- are any of those from Delphi?

BG's clothes were standard attire for the region, so much of the same would have been available at thrift stores, donation centers, soup kitchens...and a smart BG who was ready for the crime would
Wear/Bring an extra discardable set of clothes and wear something that was common, of a different size and style than his own, and easy to get out of if necessary and on the fly. I still think my orig. theory could still be that he wore a backpack full of who knows what n the front, under his jacket. Thus, the broad weight range listed and the debate on his true size.

Talked this over with my LEO SO and we think the fact he was not EXCLUDED is the most telling of that release. After multiple days in Colorado, if investigators cannot exclude an individual that should be taken with great weight. It is much easier to exclude an individual as a suspect than it is to include them.

Of course, MOO (but speaking from my personal experience dealing with law enforcement daily and my SO’s thoughts)

Praying for answers for these beautiful girls whose lives were lost way too soon

——
Edited because autocorrect hates me today

Shortly before media alerted us to DN I had read an article about a suspect being charged in the death of his wife. Her name was Lisa Ulloa. Around 9 years ago she was murdered in her home - and we live in the same subdivision. I followed her case (not on Websleuths - I can’t remember the site) - and shortly after her death a suspect was charged with capital murder. He spent 2 years in prison before those charges were mysteriously dropped and he was released. I think had her case not been brought back to my attention, today’s press release may have a stronger emotions from me. I think Lisa’s case reminds me that people can, and have been, falsely accused, charged and convicted of crimes. There is no justice in that. Just sharing because it seems timely.

ABSOLUTELY.
False allegations, over zealous detectives and confirmatory bias have ruined countless lives.
“It is better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer.” Sir William Blackstone

I never fully understood that until I got closely involved in some cases of false allegations.
Some are lucky, it only takes a couple of months to clear up.
Others are incarcerated for years awaiting trial before charges are finally dropped.

I'm not saying this guy is guilty or innocent, he clearly isn't a saint either way.
However, I definitely want them to be cautious and make sure no more lives are ruined without justification.

That would be sensible if he doesn't want a voice match done. Can he also refuse a polygraph? Previous POI's were given them IIRC.

Although he is not required to talk, in order to asserts his 5th amendment right not to incriminate himself, he must affirmatively assert that right by explicitly stating that he wants a lawyer and will not talk until a lawyer is present.... this may give enough for LE to do a voice analysis. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABSOLUTELY.
False allegations, over zealous detectives and confirmatory bias have ruined countless lives.
“It is better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer.” Sir William Blackstone

I never fully understood that until I got closely involved in some cases of false allegations.
Some are lucky, it only takes a couple of months to clear up.
Others are incarcerated for years awaiting trial before charges are finally dropped.

I'm not saying this guy is guilty or innocent, he clearly isn't a saint either way.
However, I definitely want them to be cautious and make sure no more lives are ruined without justification.

Not to mention that when there's a premature focus on one person, it allows the real guilty party to escape justice.

Any new of the case? Please.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Talked this over with my LEO SO and we think the fact he was not EXCLUDED is the most telling of that release. After multiple days in Colorado, if investigators cannot exclude an individual that should be taken with great weight. It is much easier to exclude an individual as a suspect than it is to include them.

Of course, MOO (but speaking from my personal experience dealing with law enforcement daily and my SO’s thoughts)

Praying for answers for these beautiful girls whose lives were lost way too soon

——
Edited because autocorrect hates me today

I think this is a very key thing to remember. It should be relatively easy after several days, at least I would think, to rule him out. DNA tests take time, and it sounds like he isn’t cooperating. If they can’t rule him out, we are still way in the game. Fingers crossed for a definitive answer soon, I can’t imagine what Jose families are feeling.

Any new of the case? Please.

Indiana State Police released a statement today that they cannot rule DN in or out yet. So, no news, just more waiting.

Although he is not required to talk, in order to asserts his 5th amendment right not to incriminate himself, he must affirmatively assert that right by explicitly stating that he wants a lawyer and will not talk until a lawyer is present.... this may give enough for LE to do a voice analysis. JMO

He still doesn't have to speak. He can just remain silent until a lawyer is appointed or use another form of communication.

I think this is a very key thing to remember. It should be relatively easy after several days, at least I would think, to rule him out. DNA tests take time, and it sounds like he isn’t cooperating. If they can’t rule him out, we are still way in the game. Fingers crossed for a definitive answer soon, I can’t imagine what Jose families are feeling.

What leads you to believe he isn’t cooperating?

I hope they capture the killer, to give the girls justice and final rest.

He still doesn't have to speak. He can just remain silent until a lawyer is appointed or use another form of communication.

Lawyers are not appointed absent an express request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member