IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am feeling about 99.% that it is not DN as I really have a hard time buying they would not know by now...and no reason in the world not to announce it if they did have their guy. Jmo

http://in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

I'm convinced the cyclic 'rustle' sound in the clip was caused by accelerated, deep breathing while the recording device was in a coat or jacket front pocket or while the device was being held close to the stomach or chest. The sound is not of breathing but of rubbing against fabric that was moving/heaving from breathing. Such accelerated breathing would reveal extended effort, agitation, excitement, or fear... or any combination thereof.

I do not believe the rubbing was caused directly from walking even though the girl(s) may have been walking during the recording... the cyclic period seems too long for to have been caused by a girl's relatively short stride while deep breathing seems to fit the rhythm.

What else is captured on that recording(s)?

JMO...
CO requires DNA for a felony arrest so he would have to provide DNA.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cbi/dna-arrestee-database-collection

I have not read whether IN can have access to the results of that DNA sample or if they will have to collect their own sample.

HTH.

Regarding the above bolded sentence, does each state put a person's DNA in the master database when/if it is collected? I was under the impression if any agency took your DNA then it automatically went into this database.

Was it already collected for the explicit purpose of testing in Abby and Libby's case? or was it merely collected as part of his felony arrest in CO? Could someone find the link, really too many posts for me to go back and hunt through.

Here.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

He said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene.

"We check DNA on everybody that has been investigated," Riley said. "Every person that we have talked to, we've gotten a DNA swab from."

Tks sumzero for linking.

bbm

I've always heard it as "Go down the hill", with the "Go" and "down" spoken as a contraction: "G'down...".
I always though the contraction with g'down the hill too but the lead word sounds to me like a demand as in GET DOWN THE HILL. The G sounds with an almost silent T sound afterwards is how it comes across to me.
Though it doesn't seem to have mattered so far as no one appears to have recognized the voice or the intonation.

<modsnip>

Whether he's saying "g'down" or "go down", it's simply not a long enough snippet for me to accurately make out an accent to determine from where he may come. To get a full idea of an accent, you must have several sentences in which to weigh speech pattern, cadence, dialect, and pronunciation. The sentences would preferably vary in type: a question, a command, an exclamation, etc. I have two degrees in Anthropology, including a specialized BA in Linguistics (my other is in Religious Anthropology), and I wouldn't jump to make any conclusions based on such a small snippet. Without context, it's hard to tell if the shortening and/or "blurring" of "good" in that sentence is an indication of an accent, speech impediment, or if he stumbled while taking a step and it just came out wrong.

<modsnip>

Police review info after tip possibly links man to Delphi double homicides

http://wishtv.com/2017/10/03/police...ossibly-links-man-to-delphi-double-homicides/

snip:

In terms of this case, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said, “There’s been no charges brought against anyone.”

Leazenby said investigators are sorting through hundreds of other tips and leads.

“Someday, we will be in that courthouse across the street,” he said. “We have to make sure all the facts are lined up correctly. If we don’t, we only get one chance at this.”

BBM (do you think that part is possibly referring to DN?)

Meaning they will be fully exposing all the information available to LE and God forbid there is a mistrial, defense will be able to refute everything presented. They need the 'surprise' element. All in MHO

It was reported the .22 rifle found in the trunk belongs to KN, as she reportedly purchased the firearm to self-defend against thieves (she reported someone broke in to their vehicle... one of the windows remained broken when LE pulled them over).

If it is determined the bullet that killed TW was fired from the .22 rifle it would be difficult for LE to identify the shooter unless only one individual's prints are discovered on it.
Yep I was just going to say this about prints on the gun (if it matches TW case). Could theoretically have more than one person's prints on it. If DN says nothing, what do LE do? I would be interested to know where and when the gun was purchased though? We can sleuth that right? IN or CO?

Whether he's saying "g'down" or "go down", it's simply not a long enough snippet for me to accurately make out an accent to determine from where he may come. To get a full idea of an accent, you must have several sentences in which to weigh speech pattern, cadence, dialect, and pronunciation. The sentences would preferably vary in type: a question, a command, an exclamation, etc. I have two degrees in Anthropology, including a specialized BA in Linguistics (my other is in Religious Anthropology), and I wouldn't jump to make any conclusions based on such a small snippet. Without context, it's hard to tell if the shortening and/or "blurring" of "good" in that sentence is an indication of an accent, speech impediment, or if he stumbled while taking a step and it just came out wrong.

<modsnip>
Wonder if he says more on the tape but they can't publish it ?

Everything you've brought out appears true from what is known or referenced in various sources. However, this is where if some kind of care is not considered, the things you mention walk right back out into the greater world around us without attempted mitigation or remediation. So my wishful thinking may have a pragmatic foundation. If something is not considered for remedy or other care, the percentage chance of continuing negative social interaction appears high. If crimes are at one level now, will they escalate? It makes sense to try to get ahead of this, even if counseling or medication doesn't always work.
I agree but it may be too late for some. We have just had a terrible case here in UK of a homeless man killing a family (the husband survived luckily) who had helped him. Nature, nurture and drugs conspired to cause that one IMO.

<modsnip>

I cant tell at all where his accent is from, but I think you can hear where he is NOT from.
He is not from the Deep South, NYC or North Eastern Yankee- he doesnt sound Western or Texan, doesn't sound North Western or Calfornian.

IMO I think liberty taped her own murder [emoji27]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.

Wasn't it discussed on here that with an iPhone left in record mode (in her back pocket for example) (We know she had it on for him to say "down the hill"), that it would record for up to 5 minutes depending on how much memory she had left? If so, it is likely the audio is recorded for that length of time. However, his commands might have been too tough to stomach to be released to the public and all they did was release the relatively innate "down the hill" order.

I cant tell at all where his accent is from, but I think you can hear where he is NOT from.
He is not from the Deep South, NYC or North Eastern Yankee- he doesnt sound Western or Texan, doesn't sound North Western or Calfornian.

Depends. Even within states, there are variances in dialect and accents. In my state, for instance, there's a marked difference between someone from the Appalachian region and someone from the Bluegrass region. They sound like they're from two different states. And as someone originally from the "deep south" (and as someone who still keeps a home there) I'd have to respectfully disagree. The way he says "go down" (or g'down, or get down) sounds like many people I know.

My theory is that he was exposing himself in the woods (or doing something there he shouldn't be doing), and thought he was seen by the girls and followed them over to the other side of the bridge.

When he saw Libby with her phone up recording him, it set him off further and he then decided to punish them.

If on the audio, the girls are heard saying. "We didn't see anything" that would buttress that theory

My theory is that he was exposing himself in the woods (or doing something there he shouldn't be doing), and thought he was seen by the girls and followed them over to the other side of the bridge.

When he saw Libby with her phone up recording him, it set him off further and he then decided to punish them.

If on the audio, the girls are heard saying. "We didn't see anything" that would buttress that theory

I think he was going to assault one of them and didn't realized there were two - then decided to herd them down the hill with a half hatched plan to continue his assault. Then I think the girls made a run for it, he caught one, coerced the other with his hostage and killed them in a rage.

I agree.

Wasn't it discussed on here that with an iPhone left in record mode (in her back pocket for example) (We know she had it on for him to say "down the hill"), that it would record for up to 5 minutes depending on how much memory she had left? If so, it is likely the audio is recorded for that length of time. However, his commands might have been too tough to stomach to be released to the public and all they did was release the relatively innate "down the hill" order.

I know it was discussed (and tested by a WSer) that an iPhone would record until a phone call came in, at which point the video immediately stops. Her phone should have recorded past the 5 minute mark unless the battery ran out or a call was incoming.
JMO.

Depends. Even within states, there are variances in dialect and accents. In my state, for instance, there's a marked difference between someone from the Appalachian region and someone from the Bluegrass region. They sound like they're from two different states. And as someone originally from the "deep south" (and as someone who still keeps a home there) I'd have to respectfully disagree. The way he says "go down" (or g'down, or get down) sounds like many people I know.

I'd agree with this.

I'm originally from Northern NJ and when I tell people I'm from NJ they don't believe me because I don't have an accent - I speak like they do on national news, not with a thick New York accent (although my dad has a bit of one) and not like a Southern NJ accent that a lot of my friends have (more of a philly accent, like "come awn" instead of "come on" or "wutter" instead of "water")

Plus when you move to a new state, over time certain words start to come out in a new dialect. For me it was too subtle to notice but you better believe my friends pointed it out to me when I went back to my hometown.

I just don't think we have enough audio from BG to determine anything at all in terms of where he's from. I'm hoping that LE has way more and has had experts weigh in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member