IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we don't know the cause of death with the girls, but we know that a man with a hatchet is considered a possible suspect in the girl's murders. What is the connection if not the hatchet as the cause of death?
He looks like the sketch and the video still, he is a RSO who skipped out of IN and CO LE alerted IN LE due to similarities that we are unaware of ATM. IN LE have declared him a POI while they try to include or exclude him. The similarities could simply be the sketch likeness, however, TW was killed with a .22 calibre firearm and DN was found illegally having access to a .22 weapon, hence his CO arrest. Oh and he has 4 warrants out in different counties, Morgan, Johnson, Monroe and Bartholomew IIRC. (This is in addition to the hatchet menacing charge in CO - so quite a lot of connections IMO)

I'm starting to lose track of what's been posted about DN and what hasn't so apologies if I'm lagging far behind. I just saw this:

http://www.krdo.com/news/teller-county/more-details-unveiled-on-nationss-criminal-past/633133350

Ugh. Regardless of whether or not he's our guy the man is one sick puppy. I am scratching my head over just how much his wife knew of his history. For now per TOS I'll assume she really didn't know what all he was up to as she stated in the alleged FB post mentioned in msm. I do tend to think she either really wasn't aware or else she turned a blind eye for whatever reason. Either way I'm sorry he wasn't nabbed and jailed way back.

IMO DN should not have skated by with probation, at least not after the second conviction anyway. He seems to fill the bill as a career violent and/or sexual offender and it wouldn't surprise me if he had escalated to murder in the case of Tim Watkins and possibly Abby and Libby.

Jeffrey Dahmer had early arrests for indecent exposure.

https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/serial-killers/jeffrey-dahmer/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep thinking about the hatchet. To me, this is still the red flag, the "twist". Maybe if DN IS the murderer, LE will be able to tie him to it with marks left on the bodies from this particular weapon, even if they don't have sufficient DNA. I wonder if they are comparing the blade to any marks on the victims? This would take time, and could provide that piece of the puzzle that LE has been asking for. Something "glaring" brought ISP to Colorado. MOO

Just catching up - is there a solid known connection between the suspect and the girls? I'm wondering if the girls were murdered with a hatchet and whether that is the connection.

Yes, I think that's it.

I keep thinking about the hatchet. To me, this is still the red flag, the "twist". Maybe if DN IS the murderer, LE will be able to tie him to it with marks left on the bodies from this particular weapon, even if they don't have sufficient DNA. I wonder if they are comparing the blade to any marks on the victims? This would take time, and could provide that piece of the puzzle that LE has been asking for. Something "glaring" brought ISP to Colorado. MOO

Colorado police received tips that Nations might be the man who killed German and Williams on Feb. 13.
Indiana State Police said they are following up on the tip, as they have on all of the leads in the case.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-suspect-indiana-no-stranger-crime/713951001/

Just catching up - is there a solid known connection between the suspect and the girls? I'm wondering if the girls were murdered with a hatchet and whether that is the connection.

If there is, Dephi LE has not (to my knowledge) revealed it.

Well, while Libby still had her phone. Other than that, this speculation I am pondering would suggest a sheltered site other than where they were found.

But that would mean they were in close quarters and he would have seen her take the picture. And, if she did manage to get a picture of the tats, LE would finger him immediately as the killer and charge him.

Perhaps Rocket; we just don’t know. But perhaps Libby did capture more footage of the Perp in the manner described. Only LE knows at the moment. Let’s hope Libby outsmarted him again.

As I posted upthread, I think there is enough for an arrest in this case, but multiple agencies are probably still connecting the dots on other crimes.

Perhaps Rocket; we just don’t know. But perhaps Libby did capture more footage of the Perp in the manner described. Only LE knows at the moment. Let’s hope Libby outsmarted him again.

As I posted upthread, I think there is enough for an arrest in this case, but multiple agencies are probably still connecting the dots on other crimes.

I missed that post. Do you have a #? I didn't see your reasons why you think there is enough for an arrest.
TIA

I've seen it said a couple of times now that RL was officially cleared.

The last I saw was that he was not a suspect but no official LE statement that he was cleared. How did I miss that?? There should have been a good many posts about that and I haven't seen a word other than the couple posts recently.

Could someone post a link to the official statement, please?

I missed that post. Do you have a #? I didn't see your reasons why you think there is enough for an arrest.
TIA

Some previous thread; not enough coffee in me to go hunt it up. In a nutshell, my amateur speculation is that there is video, voice, footprints, DNA, bridge witness that all fingers the POI. Then of course, whatever they found on him.
You know, I’m an armchair amateur and could be 100% wrong, but I’m convinced this is the guy. He looked like he posed for the sketch.

Good Morning All!!

Some thoughts to ponder. The sketch looks so much like BG, its frightening. We know Indiana LE made a trip to CO and did not confirm DN is the perp. What does that tell us?

Early on, LE said it was a possibility that there was more than one perp. Could DN have been there that day, but not be the perp? In other words, could he have been with someone else that is the actual perp. When asked by the reporter if he was the perp, he shook his head "No". That doesn't mean he wasn't involved. That doesn't mean he doesn't know who the perp is. Is it possible he gave Indiana LE some information as to who the perp is and they are looking for the perp as we speak? Could this be the silence on the part of LE?

So many questions, so little answers.

I pray this perp is caught and justice for these girls prevails. God Bless LE and God Bless those girls and their families.

Some previous thread; not enough coffee in me to go hunt it up. In a nutshell, my amateur speculation is that there is video, voice, footprints, DNA, bridge witness that all fingers the POI. Then of course, whatever they found on him.
You know, I’m an armchair amateur and could be 100% wrong, but I’m convinced this is the guy. He looked like he posed for the sketch.

I actually think they did the sketch from a mug shot. An eye witness might have tagged him, and then the sketch was done from the mug shot for accuracy. The reason I think that is the mug shot almost looks like they type of drawing an artist does from a photograph. You can have them made commercially, and the appearance of style is similar to the sketch released by the police.

I actually think they did the sketch from a mug shot. An eye witness might have tagged him, and then the sketch was done from the mug shot for accuracy. The reason I think that is the mug shot almost looks like they type of drawing an artist does from a photograph. You can have them made commercially, and the appearance of style is similar to the sketch released by the police.

Good thoughts, but wouldn't they know his eye color (instead of saying "not blue")?

Also, it would destroy LE's credibility, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow