IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that LE is hesitant to “rule out” anyone because it may cause a problem during a trial in the future. For instance, if new evidence was
discovered that implicated someone, but that person was publically “ruled out”,
That would cast doubt on the investigation.
Well yes I can see that. I even find the announcing of a POI a strange concept. Absolutely unheard of in the UK. "A man is helping police with their enquiries" is all we hear. Then they are charged and named or released and unnamed generally. Then nothing till the court case.

I am sticking to my guns ,

because DN is being detained, because they have pulled out all stops to make sure he is not released and set free to wander, because this is a delicate situation with many pieces thats could cause a jenga collapse of the control they can excersise over Daniel Nations, based on the law.

because of this, they cannot add even the slightest impression that there is a laser like and unfair focus on Daniel Nations and that because of their unwillingness to look at other suspects, Daniel Nations was unfairly held and detained and his rights were violated,

they must never give any impression that they bent their evidence and pulled strings. they must never give the impression that they encouraged the media and public to hate and accuse this suspect.

you will notice, the media is still on this case like a dog on a bone.

keep your eye on the dogbone.

MOO

because DN is being detained, because they have pulled out all stops to make sure he is not released and set free to wander, because this is a delicate situation with many pieces thats could cause a jenga collapse of the control they can excersise over Daniel Nations, based on the law.

because of this, they cannot add even the slightest impression that there is a laser like and unfair focus on Daniel Nations and that because of their unwillingness to look at other suspects, Daniel Nations was unfairly held and detained and his rights were violated,

they must never give any impression that they bent their evidence and pulled strings. they must never give the impression that they encouraged the media and public to hate and accuse this suspect.

MOO
Agree 1000%

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I keeping thinking that when (if) DN is charged with the murders there might be another person charged with being an accessory after the fact. Does anyone else think this?

I'm with you~~I think there was another person there, perhaps another homeless person they are still looking for?

MOO

I completely agree.

It is very likely he has committed various other offences which he is not yet linked to and he does not want to be recognised by the victims.

^^This is brilliant! And I agree! (I tried copying & pasting your quote[emoji51] Not sure it was done properly, my apologies) IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, that was my thought, too. I do think they have some DNA from something, but it could be indirect DNA evidence like a stray cigarette butt. If they have direct DNA from bodily fluids, it doesn't seem it is matching one of the POIs, but neither is the indirect source.

I think they have some kind of DNA, but not sure what kind. IMO.

To me, they have admitted that they have no DNA from bodily fluids found inside either of the girls, otherwise, it would be simple to clear any POI as they came up. They said they have DNA, but not sure what all they have... so it seems that they have like you mentioned, stray cig butts, or whatever. In the end, if they get a POI, AND one of those samples matches up, it's just more evidence... but likely not a smoking gun in itself.

Not directed at the OP, but I wasn't aware that RL had ever been actually 'cleared' as a POI? Can anyone confirm? (Not that I think for a minute that it was RL!!)

I do find it odd however, that way back in the beginning.. that home/property that was searched on Bicycle Road.. they were pretty quick to 'clear' that person from being suspected of any involvement, weren't they?? If so, how were they able to clear that person.... unless it was simply that everyone in that household had an ironclad alibi??

JMO but I think that DN is the killer of these two girls. He is a perfect match to the sketch and I can see him clearly as the one in the video. I just pray that he won't get away with it because of lack of evidence.

I didn't take it that way myself. I don't feel discouraged at all, in view of the sentences that immediately precede that quote.

"...Indiana State Police have said they do not have enough evidence to include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect; he remains a person of interest."

​"So do nearly all the other people whose names were given by roughly a thousand tipsters over the course of the investigation, Indiana State Police spokesman, Kim Riley said Monday."

Then the article states:

"This is such a weird case that we don't have enough to officially rule anybody out at this point, Riley said of the Delphi homicides. We have people that we don't think it is, but we can't rule them out."

BBM

I may be wrong, of course, but I get the feeling that the people they don't think it can be refers more to all the other names given by the thousand plus tipsters, than to DN...

JMO
JazzTune,
Hi! You took the words straight from my mouth! Trying to catch up on this thread as others but, arriving home 45 mins ago this Owl is exhausted. I will correspond with ya tomorrow :)
I changed my outside light bulbs to orange for Abby and Libby.
JMO.. I believe DN is the who committed these horrific crimes. His better half I feel knows more than what she is spitting out of her mouth.
Prayers that within a week justice will be served. Big love to all xo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

If my assumption is correct, in that they do not have DNA evidence collected from bodily fluids inside the girls, could we assume therefore that they were not raped? (I guess not, since not all perps actually leave a deposit!).. but.. bear with me here..

Remember we were discussing on the thread, what it was about the BG that made LG suspicious and take the video in the first place?

Well it would make sense that if BG had exposed himself to the girls, that would sure be reason, right? And it (in my mind) goes on and on from there.. ie, the girls started recording, police perhaps know therefore, that this BG had exposed himself, and heard conversation between the girls and BG.. perhaps recorded all the way to their murders (in audio at least).

I am starting to imagine... BG exposes himself, the girls start laughing at him, making fun of him (maybe not to his face, but after)... but then he turns and starts following them, and they become fearful.. they (LG) start recording and leave it running, (perhaps from LG's pocket, unbeknownst to BG).

That could make these murders all about rage at being made fun of, rather than a physical sexual assault... and if he happened to shoot them, that would make the murders somewhat similar to the murder of the cyclist in CO. It is conceivable that the cyclist's murderer also exposed himself, and was taunted.

I wonder if the girls had been shot, and the bullets matched with the cyclist's bullets, if LE would disclose that they were from the same gun?? Would there be any reason to keep that quiet? If that were the case, then wouldn't it be helpful for people to know that whoever is the killer, was present in both of those places (1800 miles apart) on each of those dates, 7 months apart?

As an aside, DN has been accused more than once of exposing himself.. but I don't recall any charges against him for actual sexual assault of anyone?

.... It is very likely he has committed various other offences which he is not yet linked to and he does not want to be recognised by the victims.

It seems a little late for that, considering his various mug shots and other recent photos and videos have been and continue to be plastered all over the news in various states?

Good grief, I have never heard LE say that they can't rule people out...maybe one person but they sound like they can't rule anyone out, almost...

It would be a horrible thing to live in that community, look a little bit like BG (as so many seem to!), and NOT have a provable alibi for that time period on that day. To me, having an ironclad alibi is the *only* way they could actually clear someone, at least until this crime is solved. moo.

"This is such a weird case that we don't have enough to officially rule anybody out at this point," Riley said of the Delphi homicides. "We have people that we don't think it is, but we can't rule them out."

Riley has more doubletalk than a whitehouse press secretary.

We don't even know if police in IN are still interested in DN really. I started doubting it when they came out and asked for tips to keep on coming a week or so back, I think. And if they can't rule people out...well I don't know how they will ever make an arrest short of a confession.

We don't even know if police in IN are still interested in DN really. I started doubting it when they came out and asked for tips to keep on coming a week or so back, I think. And if they can't rule people out...well I don't know how they will ever make an arrest short of a confession.

Agreed. It's to the point where it seems like they're going to need the proverbial "unexpected break in the case".

Since LE owes it to no one to provide regular updates on whatever progress they're making, one can only assume with one's imagination whether they've moved past this point 18 days ago, when they said this:

"Indiana State Police said DNA evidence could give them answers on Daniel Nations within the next week."

"It will be sooner rather than later when we're ready to identify what he is. Right now, I'm just comfortable saying we're just following up on another investigative lead."

"Sgt. Holeman said they'll have more answers in the next couple of days, thanks to DNA evidence."

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36481251/isp-says-dna-evidence-could-give-them-answers-on-daniel-nations-in-days

Agree.

We saw this same kind of attention given to RL in the beginning. Attention from LE, from the media, etc. Many people were just as confident, back then, that he was BG.

I am still looking at this subjectively. I haven't seen or heard any evidence that makes me think DN is BG, but I remain open to the possibilty that new info could arise that might make me think otherwise.

Maybe, one suspect was homeless, had no car and strolled around in the area of Monon Bridge, utensils for assaults in his pockets/jacket, photographed by Libby. Whenever, he left some evidence behind and disappeared.
The next suspect, also homeless but in contrast to Nr. 1 driving a car, also strolled around, a weapon in his pocket/jacket, not photographed by Libby, and he also met the girls by chance. Whenever, he also left some evidence behind and disappeared with his car.
At the end there are two girls, maybe one died hours before the other died. Police found evidence here and there (on bridge, under bridge, in the river, on RL's property, tire tracks on an uncultivated field, etc.) from different sources. Maybe, one suspect isn't alive anymore.
Maybe, RL saw both the suspects and didn't want to accuse the wrong man.
For both suspects it hadn't been possible to confirm their presence on 13th at Monon Bridge but both probably were there. Maybe, both suspects have wifes and they don't help but are lieing. At this time nobody (LE) knows who was the first and who had murdered the girls.

:thinking: Possible or not?

Some things I do think the investigators have in their corner (some of these are public, and others aren't):

1) A description of the POI
2) A crime scene with clues
3) The FBI's help in developing a personality profile

We all know, sometimes there can be jurisdictional issues that come up. Colorado is a long way from Indiana, but all I can tell from the media is interest in Delphi out of Colorado. If there are any issues in this case, they might be amongst the local, state and federal investigators. I haven't seen any evidence of that, to be fair, though.
4) A video of the perp
5) A voice recording of the perp and audio of the crime.

These two are pretty special evidence IMO.

They may even have:

6.) Footprints of the perp.
7.) Tyre treads of a vehicle
8.) DNA and fibres/other forensics
9.) Details of any weapon (s) used

This is way more than in a lot of cases.

Maybe, one suspect was homeless, had no car and strolled around in the area of Monon Bridge, utensils for assaults in his pockets/jacket, photographed by Libby. Whenever, he left some evidence behind and disappeared.
The next suspect, also homeless but in contrast to Nr. 1 driving a car, also strolled around, a weapon in his pocket/jacket, not photographed by Libby, and he also met the girls by chance. Whenever, he also left some evidence behind and disappeared with his car.
At the end there are two girls, maybe one died hours before the other died. Police found evidence here and there (on bridge, under bridge, in the river, on RL's property, tire tracks on an uncultivated field, etc.) from different sources. Maybe, one suspect isn't alive anymore.
Maybe, RL saw both the suspects and didn't want to accuse the wrong man.
For both suspects it hadn't been possible to confirm their presence on 13th at Monon Bridge but both probably were there. Maybe, both suspects have wifes and they don't help but are lieing. At this time nobody (LE) knows who was the first and who had murdered the girls.

:thinking: Possible or not?

I think it could be possible but then only one was seen by the witnesses.

Updated docket:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Docket2.jpg
    Docket2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 438
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online