IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I think DN was on IN LE radar once the artist rendition was out. (actually before it was released). They couldn't find him. It would be easy to think he might go to CO where his brother had been murdered and weed is legal and that he was getting the heck outa dodge!

Hi all! Slow day at the office today so I'm hoping to be able to concentrate on sleuthing today! I sure wish things would/could move along faster in most cases! It gets so frustrating!

You did the right thing, Daey. It did turn into a media circus, which has since died down. Anyway, multiple suspects have been investigated, thanks to Leads from the public, and the investigators have asked the public for help. The public is much needed and appreciated, IMO.

Question: How would Colorado LE know anything about any possible similarities between the two cases before calling Indy LE? If they did, one would have to assume Indy LE took it upon themselves to preemptively share the sensitive details of the girls' murder scene with LE jurisdictions across the country. It's seriously doubtful they've done that. If it so happens that the girls were killed with a .22 and/or a hatchet and were covered with leaves, Colorado would have no way of knowing that until they huddled with Indy LE. Something relatively minor, such as Indy plates - or a few other red flags Boxer listed - must've triggered Colorado LE to initially reach out to Indy. Once they did, LE spokesmen pointed out that the similarity between the two cases is that they both occurred on nature trails during daylight hours.

Or it could be because of this.!!!.....
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby had been in Colorado in September for training and presented information about the case, but he doesn’t know whether that led to the tip.

Daniel Nations will not get out of jail anytime soon. Wonder how he's taking it? wonder if he he's used to being incarcerated and can keep it together for stretches. Wonder how long before the mask comes completely off and he loses his temper.

I wonder if he is being kept under lock down or if they let him out in the general population.

He's as dangerous as a rabid cat , i wouldn't want him anywhere near me even if I was armed. he has military training so he's a trained killer...I'm hoping they put a snitch on him to see if he'll brag about crimes he committed.

I hate to imagine KN possibly being partner to all this, if it's what I think it is..but could she? could she be part and parcel ?

those poor little babies.

MOO

Ty Kizzy... and Yes that's the one.

Q#1 - Under Johnson County Felony 6 case, can anyone tell me the meaning of "does no" which follows the charge "Failure to Register as a Sex or Violent Offender?"

Q#2 - Under Morgan County case, "Domestic Relations w/Children", the Status shows "10/16/2017, Decided." Am I the only one that didn't know this case was decided after DN left Indiana?

From the offense code under "charges", 11-8-8-17(a)(5)/F6; Indiana code title 11;

Sec. 17 . (a) A sex or violent offender who knowingly or intentionally:

(1) fails to register when required to register under this chapter;

(2) fails to register in every location where the sex or violent offender is required to register under this chapter;

(3) makes a material misstatement or omission while registering as a sex or violent offender under this chapter;

(4) fails to register in person as required under this chapter;  or

(5) does not reside at the sex or violent offender's registered address or location;

commits a Level 6 felony.
http://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-11-corrections/in-code-sect-11-8-8-17.html

It's my guess that the rest got cut off after "does no"

Daey34, I was trying to remember which WSer had mentioned they called in a tip on DN. It was clever on your part to go to the quickest resource because you're right, if he had gotten out, he would've been gone and it would've been another FTA on his court record. So you absolutely did the right thing and you should not feel any regrets. There would have been a media circus anyway. And if DN is not BG, then the next person they look at there will also be a circus. It's unavoidable with a case like this. And DN needs to be held accountable for the menacing charges anyway. The guy is a ticking bomb and if he weren't caught & stopped someone at some point would likely end up making contact with that hatchet he likes to wave at people.

Please don't regret your decision. So many people don't want to get involved but you stepped up.
You did the right thing.

I don't like to post on here very much because it can be a lot of trouble. At this point, I have zero clue if DN is guilt of these murders.

But to clear it up, even if there are many people who called, I can give an account of my convo with the lady @ the tipline.

She was not interested at first. I stated that DN was arrested in monument, and he has Indiana plates. I told her he was an RSO in Indiana because I had googled his history. That wasn't interesting to her. She asked what about the sketch looked like him. I told her that it was his nose, a potato nose. Then she asked what he was arrested for. I told her he was arrested for menacing hikers with a **hatchet. She repeated me, "he was threatening hikers with a hatchet?" I told her yes, and she then began taking more info down. I told her that TW was buried under leaves, and I read that A&L were as well. I told her he was shot with a .22. I don't know which if any of these things are similarities, but the hatchet was probably when the conversation picked up.

Now...as I said, maybe others contacted the media. I personally did so as well. Why? I've never called a tipline before, and I wasn't confident that the FBI would investigate him before he bonded out of Teller Co Jail. So I took it upon myself to alert someone who might bring more attention to DN in order to make sure both Indiana and Colorado took the info seriously. Terrible idea in hindsight. I just felt that if his wife had $200 on her (it was only $2000 bond at first), he'd walk in the middle of the night and probably be gone forever. I was sort of afraid he might never be talked to for any of the murders.

When all of you have mentioned that someone caused a media circus, maybe it was my fault. Maybe other people, too. Im going to have to go into hiding if DN isn't the killer.

https://imgur.com/a/u0Wtv

Gotta love you! You 1000% did the right thing!

Question: How would Colorado LE know anything about any possible similarities between the two cases before calling Indy LE? If they did, one would have to assume Indy LE took it upon themselves to preemptively share the sensitive details of the girls' murder scene with LE jurisdictions across the country. It's seriously doubtful they've done that. If it so happens that the girls were killed with a .22 and/or a hatchet and were covered with leaves, Colorado would have no way of knowing that until they huddled with Indy LE. Something relatively minor, such as Indy plates - or a few other red flags Boxer listed - must've triggered Colorado LE to initially reach out to Indy. Once they did, LE spokesmen pointed out that the similarity between the two cases is that they both occurred on nature trails during daylight hours.

The first hatchet menacing reports were around 23/24 August, TW went missing 14 Sept, friend of TW took photos of car with DN driving alone plus rear view with licence details. Passed photos to Co LE. TW was found 17 Sep. Contact with In LE would have happened then IMO. CaCo Sheriff was in Co for a Sheriffs conference also (date unknown) prior to DN arrest so discussion of the TW case and similarities may even have been discussed then. Sheriff Leazenby stated he spoke at the conference about the Delphi murders. DN arrested 27th? Sept and tip called in re sketch. ISP then went to Co.

Wondering if the gun found in the trunk of the car matches the gun that killed TW. If it does, then who shot it? Wonder if the girls were ultimately shot with a 22 also.
If I recall correctly, KN said that she did not own a gun in IN., that she purchased the 22 in CO for protection, and that DN never had access to it.

She changed her story on DN having access.

Published 1:00 p.m. ET Oct. 22, 2017
She's also not sure Daniel ever had access to her .22 caliber rifle, which she kept locked in the trunk of the car.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-nations-involved-delphi-homicides/788115001/

Youtube interview Published on Oct 27, 2017
38:35 mark
Interviewer: Now the rifle, when did you buy the rifle?
KN: Around my birthday, so it was like the first week of September.
Interviewer: Of this year?
KN: Yes sir.
Interviewer: Did he have access to any other, uh, like a pistol or rifle?
KN: Well we didn't have a pistol, we just had the .22 rifle. And he had access to it as much as I did.

Dang, it's hard to keep up! So he has:
*Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/2017 Marion Co for FTA Possession Marijuana/Paraphernalia/Driving w/out ever having a license
*Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 for Bartholomew Co for FTA Probation Violation
*Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 for Johnson Co for Failure to Register
*Warrant/Writ issued 10/18/17 Greenwood City Court for FTA on the Driving While Suspended/Possession of Paraphernalia.

Did I miss any? First two issued after he left IN but they didn't know he was gone, the other two issued after he was arrested in CO. I'm left SMH. Like others I've looked at his docket a lot and will admit I'm bleary-eyed from it all but I don't recall seeing all that activity (& more that doesn't involve just DN so I didn't post it). Is it my imagination or did all this just pop up on the docket? If so is IN that behind? And/or did this stuff fall through the cracks and now they're hustling to catch up because of the publicity? All disconcerting thoughts. At any rate, IN wants him back, that's for sure. MOO
The top one is the Greenwood April 2017 charges FTA I thought, but why does it say Marion County? - they are similar charges to the last ones shown for Johnson county FTA. Obviously we now know his reason for not appearing and skipping out of Indiana .

It's not failing :) This was said after DN's arrest. Article dated 9/29/17:
Riley says authorities should know by next week whether the Indiana man is "a viable subject" in the killings.
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20170929/news/309299811

I thought I'd also seen another reference around that time to IN LE knowing more in a 'few weeks' or 'couple weeks' but I could be wrong on that.

And I’m sure they got their results, they just didn’t tell us...again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or it could be because of this.!!!.....
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby had been in Colorado in September for training and presented information about the case, but he doesn’t know whether that led to the tip.

I'm thinking it was a combination of both this and Daey34's tip! Like Daey said, the ears perked up when the hatchet was mentioned. IMHO, that means whoever Daey was talking to was at that training and remembered what Sheriff Tobe Leazenby had said.

With that said~~why of all the places that the Sheriff could hold training was it in Colorado? Was DN on their radar like many hhere have speculated and the Sheriff decided to go out to CO~~the last known place of DN's immediate family?

I wonder if LE was in contact with the grandmother and the grandmother was asked if she knew where DN was or anyplace he might travel to? Grandma knowing that the brother was in CO, said CO~~so the Sheriff decided to hold some training there~~hoping to do some fishing and was lucky enough to catch one?

Pure speculation on my part.

Although, I'm not convinced DN is BG.

The top one is the Greenwood April 2017 charges FTA I thought, but why does it say Marion County? - they are similar charges to the last ones shown for Johnson county FTA. Obviously we now know his reason for not appearing and skipping out of Indiana .

Shoot I can't go back & change it now. It's out of Marion Superior Court, which I believe is "City of Indianapolis Marion Superior Court". So it might be coming from Indianapolis and not Marion Co.

She changed her story on DN having access.

Published 1:00 p.m. ET Oct. 22, 2017
She's also not sure Daniel ever had access to her .22 caliber rifle, which she kept locked in the trunk of the car.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-nations-involved-delphi-homicides/788115001/

Youtube interview Published on Oct 27, 2017
38:35 mark
Interviewer: Now the rifle, when did you buy the rifle?
KN: Around my birthday, so it was like the first week of September.
Interviewer: Of this year?
KN: Yes sir.
Interviewer: Did he have access to any other, uh, like a pistol or rifle?
KN: Well we didn't have a pistol, we just had the .22 rifle. And he had access to it as much as I did.

Well now! Skirting?
And I seriously doubt this was bought legally, therefore no trail. There is probably zero documentation to verify when or where it was purchased. Plus it is a "we" had statement.
Don't trust! Don't trust! This was more than likely purchased illegally, who knows when or where.

Dang, it's hard to keep up! So he has:
*Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/2017 Marion Co for FTA Possession Marijuana/Paraphernalia/Driving w/out ever having a license
*Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 for Bartholomew Co for FTA Probation Violation
*Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 for Johnson Co for Failure to Register
*Warrant/Writ issued 10/18/17 Greenwood City Court for FTA on the Driving While Suspended/Possession of Paraphernalia.

Did I miss any? First two issued after he left IN but they didn't know he was gone, the other two issued after he was arrested in CO. I'm left SMH. Like others I've looked at his docket a lot and will admit I'm bleary-eyed from it all but I don't recall seeing all that activity (& more that doesn't involve just DN so I didn't post it). Is it my imagination or did all this just pop up on the docket? If so is IN that behind? And/or did this stuff fall through the cracks and now they're hustling to catch up because of the publicity? All disconcerting thoughts. At any rate, IN wants him back, that's for sure. MOO

https://youtu.be/fZL_tZxyBDo

Sorry about the broken link. I for one contacted Katelyn Durbin, the local reporter for DN. Or one of them I should say. I'd say a bunch of people could've done so, as the neighborhood was up in arms about him since August. When His mug was posted on nextdoor after the arrest, several people mentioned they were contacting so and so (LE personnel).

https://imgur.com/gallery/qYorb

I don't know if that's allowable here, or I would have posted those ss'd threads.

I have since contacted Katelyn durbin and lance Benzel, the local DN reporters, regarding his 11/6 appearance but received no response.

You did the right thing, Daey. It did turn into a media circus, which has since died down. Anyway, multiple suspects have been investigated, thanks to Leads from the public, and the investigators have asked the public for help. The public is much needed and appreciated, IMO.

Daey,
Proud of you for calling the tip in about DN. Right now all signs point to him being BG. If not, he still should be locked up for his lewd acts and exposing himself. Disgusting to me. No excuse is good enough.

Well now! Skirting?
And I seriously doubt this was bought legally, therefore no trail. There is probably zero documentation to verify when or where it was purchased. Plus it is a "we" had statement.
Don't trust! Don't trust! This was more than likely purchased illegally, who knows when or where.
How would the rifle be purchased illegally in a state like Colorado?

How would the rifle be purchased illegally in a state like Colorado?
You are kidding right? How do violent offenders and gangs and terrorists purchase guns and rifles? Like drugs, you can get them anytime in any State. And just because she said it was purchased in CO doesn’t mean it’s a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413