IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, they spent the extra monies and took the DNA one step further and created his Parabon Snapshot profile. The result of which we see on his Race description.
...and in the sketch IMO. What do you make of the N/Afr bit though? DN doesn't look N.Afican to me at all. Is this Co who did this because Parabon takes 90 days according to the link I posted the other day and it's only been about 75 days so far since his arrest?

It's actually been since September 25th. So almost 3 months

...and in the sketch IMO. What do you make of the N/Afr bit though? DN doesn't look N.Afican to me at all. Is this Co who did this because Parabon takes 90 days according to the link I posted the other day and it's only been about 45 days so far since his arrest?

...and in the sketch IMO. What do you make of the N/Afr bit though? DN doesn't look N.Afican to me at all. Is this Co who did this because Parabon takes 90 days according to the link I posted the other day and it's only been about 45 days so far since his arrest?

Firstly, there are African Americans who identify themselves as such but due to being bi-racial, could pass as Caucasian. And what about the lady who was the NAACP leader who was white but said she identified as being African American? Point being, people do not always physically exhibit their biogeographical identity.

On your second point, have you considered FBI having been involved prior to CO or becoming engaged due to a request by CO and that they could have fast-tracked said request? I am not on the inside track of either CO, IN or FBI so this is IMOO but seems to be pretty common sense.

On the much debated topic of the hat -- given LE doesn't know the identity of BG, to me it would seem absolutely irresponsible to issue a sketch months after the fact with descriptive detail including exactly the hat he wore on Feb 13th. Much like clothing, who can say if the hat he wore on that particular day would've been recognizable from his general attire both before and after?

That's the reason LE suggests to focus on the face and forget the hat. If the murder was in any way planned, BG would be pretty stupid to wear distinctly identifiable clothing, including a hat, given it occured in a place where'd others might've obsevered his entry or departure.

The hat is meaningless, other than it obviously covered his hair -- otherwise it's significance would be much like LE asking for tips months later on someone wearing a green shirt. JMO

Firstly, there are African Americans who identify themselves as such but due to being bi-racial, could pass as Caucasian. And what about the lady who was the NAACP leader who was white but said she identified as being African American? Point being, people do not always physically exhibit their biogeographical identity.

On your second point, have you considered FBI having been involved prior to CO or becoming engaged due to a request by CO and that they could have fast-tracked said request? I am not on the inside track of either CO, IN or FBI so this is IMOO but seems to be pretty common sense.
That was a Co docket wasn't it, not an FBI one? I'm not understandimg what exactly that docket is that you posted. Certainly DN may indeed have N.Afrr/Mid.East origins in his DNA, I don't know - if that info is from his DNA. then obviously he has - I'm surprised if that Is so, and am wondering why ISP are still awaiting evidence to include or exclude him, in that case.

On the much debated topic of the hat -- given LE doesn't know the identity of BG, to me it would seem absolutely irresponsible to issue a sketch months after the fact with descriptive detail including exactly the hat he wore on Feb 13th. Much like clothing, who can say if the hat he wore on that particular day would've been recognizable from his general attire both before and after?

That's the reason LE suggests to focus on the face and forget the hat. If the murder was in any way planned, BG would be pretty stupid to wear distinctly identifiable clothing, including a hat, given it occured in a place where'd others might've obsevered his entry or departure.

The hat is meaningless, other than it obviously covered his hair -- otherwise it's significance would be much like LE asking for tips months later on someone wearing a green shirt. JMO
Have you got a link to "forget the hat".

...and in the sketch IMO. What do you make of the N/Afr bit though? DN doesn't look N.Afican to me at all. Is this Co who did this because Parabon takes 90 days according to the link I posted the other day and it's only been about 75 days so far since his arrest?

I'm missing the scibbled notes I made on the Parabon discussion but would have sworn you stated that it took Parabon 45 days to provide DNA Sketch. ??

I'm missing the scibbled notes I made on the Parabon discussion but would have sworn you stated that it took Parabon 45 days to provide DNA Sketch. ??
Oh shoot did I? Have you got a link? :laughcry:

Now, about that sketch of BG that Indy LE provided back in July...

One reason they might have used a "short billed hat" was because they thought they then knew what his entire face looked like...either due to witness accounts, or they were already looking for DN and sketch was made from his mugshots, or (as I now believe) they had a full-face DNA Profile Sketch from Parabon.

Had they used a baseball cap, it might have obstructed the upper portion of BG's features...and the facial features are what they wanted folks to focus on.

Moo.

From the Parabon Snapshot website FAQs:
What is the turnaround time (the time from when the sample is received to when the prediction is returned to the customer)?The turnaround time for Snapshot analysis is approximately 45 days from the day the genotyping laboratory receives your sample.

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/faq

IMO, they spent the extra monies and took the DNA one step further and created his Parabon Snapshot profile. The result of which we see on his Race description.
Now why would anyone do a DNA Parabon snapshot profile on DN? Then go back into his record and include said results in past offenses? Or am I missing something here?

What a shame, he didn't name (!!!) the white thing and said, he never ever had this .... :D

I think the white thing is simple clothesline rope in a bundle under his coat, clothes-line is commonly used to bind and strangle.. I think, would also come in handy for dragging or moving a body. MOO

attachment.php

Upper R corner says RACE: White/European/N. Afr/Mid. East = DNA
Just bumping. So this is a Woodland Park booking note for DN dated 2 Nov and you are saying it is your opinion that Co already had his Parabon DNA results back at that time because the RACE data is showing up on that docket? I am doubting that but it is a good point nonetheless ( now that I think I understand, the point.)
We don't know that this is just a check box type field in the booking system. I do remember something about a delay due to a new booking system.
:cow:

Now why would anyone do a DNA Parabon snapshot profile on DN? Then go back into his record and include said results in past offenses? Or am I missing something here?

I would think, if they really believe it was DN and they had previously had a DNA Parabon done on their "suspect" DNA, they would send his DNA once they got it and see how much that DNA Parabon resembles the suspect DNA Parabon they had done earlier. Hopefully cutting off any "He doesn't look like the sketch" argument.
And is it possible that if they did do it, and had to enter this DNA in the database then- all records (including past) would update?

Several links are included in Post #98. If you have another link to LE asking for leads based on the sketch of the hat please share.
OK TY. When did I say LE asked for leads on the hat? I'm looking for the "forget" or "disregard" link only.
Eta post 98 (Steleheart) does not have a forget link which is why I am looking for one. No worries-if I find one I'll post it.

From the Parabon Snapshot website FAQs:
What is the turnaround time (the time from when the sample is received to when the prediction is returned to the customer)?The turnaround time for Snapshot analysis is approximately 45 days from the day the genotyping laboratory receives your sample.

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/faq

Wow...that was fast...ty. You're my new best friend! Hope to see your name here more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel