IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this were (hypothetically) your son, your husband who is the main support of your family, or your brother or father who you adore, would you turn them in? Or would you try to protect them and get them some help? It's possible we're looking at a situation such as this.

Yes that's certainly possible I would think. And the family member who keeps silent might also have other reasons associated with protecting their own reputation, shame and fear of blame. It's not uncommon to observe public rage and vicious criticism directed at the entire family of the accused even though they had no involvement.

Another reason for not turning someone in is the belief that only God has the right to judge. (Just stating this, not to launch a religious debate.)

If this were (hypothetically) your son, your husband who is the main support of your family, or your brother or father who you adore, would you turn them in? Or would you try to protect them and get them some help? It's possible we're looking at a situation such as this.

So you think it is ok to just get them help because the family might miss out on the financial support? Would you not be a bit worried that this person, killed two young girls? I don't think any main support of a family is worth that.

So you think it is ok to just get them help because the family might miss out on the financial support? Would you not be a bit worried that this person, killed two young girls? I don't think any main support of a family is worth that.

I don't think the poster is saying it's ok. It was a hypothetical scenario, in which someone might not report the crime of a family member.

I don't think the poster is saying it's ok. It was a hypothetical scenario, in which someone might not report the crime of a family member.

Yes, I agree, I didn't mean to say that the person who posted that actually thought that, but, if people do do that, it is very disappointing.

Yes, I agree, I didn't mean to say that the person who posted that actually thought that, but, if people do do that, it is very disappointing.

Hi! It was I! I just meant it hypothetically, just trying to wonder why a person might not turn someone in, that had to do with love rather than self preservation.

Yes that's certainly possible I would think. And the family member who keeps silent might also have other reasons associated with protecting their own reputation, shame and fear of blame. It's not uncommon to observe public rage and vicious criticism directed at the entire family of the accused even though they had no involvement.

Another reason for not turning someone in is the belief that only God has the right to judge. (Just stating this, not to launch a religious debate.)

I can think of another reason. If there was someone close to me that I could believe might be capable of murdering someone for no apparent reason, I wouldn't turn them in unless I was absolutely sure he was guilty. I'd hate to think about what he might do if he found out that I'd falsely accused him of something like this. MOO

Heavens no! I don't think it's ok! But maybe someone else does, who has knowledge, like a wife or brother!
LE is appealing to someone who loves him and/or is dependent upon him!

Here in Pittsburgh we had a man shoot and kill a police officer. For weeks and weeks the police begged for tips and information. Nothing. When he was finally arrested both his cousin and mother were also arrested for obstructing justice and lying to police, he called them immediately after the incident, and I believe they hid the gun. It still hasn’t been found as far as I know.

After following true crime and reading here for quite a bit of time, I think turning in a family member for a crime is the exception rather than the rule. In other words - people protect their own. And especially if you’re not sure, who wants to admit to themselves, let alone the world, that they’ve been with someone capable of murder?

As far as DN goes, I believe there is a strong possibility that he is responsible for these crimes. To me he bears a strong resemblance to the sketch, more so than anyone that was posted in the early days here of potential people that looked like BG. There are some specific characteristics of his, the wide set eyes, the bulbous nose, etc, It always astounds me that people say he looks nothing like the sketch! However I also know that we all perceive things differently, that’s why eyewitness testimony is somewhat unreliable. Which is why even if the eyewitness picked DN out of a lineup, I do not think it would be enough for an arrest. The fact that he has not been charged is not an indicator to me of his guilt or innocence either way. These things always take way more time than we would like.

He also fits many parameters of my personal theory of the crime. Yes, of course we cannot know if other POIs fit the parameters better, unfortunately he is the only one that has been named.

And as far as KN, I don’t really believe that much of what she says and what she claims to remember or not remember. I sense someone in conflict with themselves, probably out of fear, lingering loyalty, and possibly afraid of getting in trouble herself.

And even if he was the number one person of interest, there is no way that Law enforcement would go on national television and say that. Do they ever? They still need information of some sort or else they wouldn’t have approached Dr. Phil the way that they did. I think perhaps it was a very quick kill, outdoors, that makes the crime scene very complicated and difficult to obtain evidence and confirm that it is definitively the perpetrators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone would have told me we would be at thread #78 with no arrest I wouldn’t have believed it. Praying for Justice in 2018!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If someone would have told me we would be at thread #78 with no arrest I wouldn’t have believed it. Praying for Justice in 2018!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing tonight when I checked the thread. At one point I was hopeful LE was getting somewhere with DN, and an arrest was forthcoming. Praying with you.

Here in Pittsburgh we had a man shoot and kill a police officer. For weeks and weeks the police begged for tips and information. Nothing. When he was finally arrested both his cousin and mother were also arrested for obstructing justice and lying to police, he called them immediately after the incident, and I believe they hid the gun. It still hasn’t been found as far as I know.

After following true crime and reading here for quite a bit of time, I think turning in a family member for a crime is the exception rather than the rule. In other words - people protect their own. And especially if you’re not sure, who wants to admit to themselves, let alone the world, that they’ve been with someone capable of murder?

As far as DN goes, I believe there is a strong possibility that he is responsible for these crimes. To me he bears a strong resemblance to the sketch, more so than anyone that was posted in the early days here of potential people that looked like BG. There are some specific characteristics of his, the wide set eyes, the bulbous nose, etc, It always astounds me that people say he looks nothing like the sketch! However I also know that we all perceive things differently, that’s why eyewitness testimony is somewhat unreliable. Which is why even if the eyewitness picked DN out of a lineup, I do not think it would be enough for an arrest. The fact that he has not been charged is not an indicator to me of his guilt or innocence either way. These things always take way more time than we would like.

He also fits many parameters of my personal theory of the crime. Yes, of course we cannot know if other POIs fit the parameters better, unfortunately he is the only one that has been named.

And as far as KN, I don’t really believe that much of what she says and what she claims to remember or not remember. I sense someone in conflict with themselves, probably out of fear, lingering loyalty, and possibly afraid of getting in trouble herself.

And even if he was the number one person of interest, there is no way that Law enforcement would go on national television and say that. Do they ever? They still need information of some sort or else they wouldn’t have approached Dr. Phil the way that they did. I think perhaps it was a very quick kill, outdoors, that makes the crime scene very complicated and difficult to obtain evidence and confirm that it is definitively the perpetrators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! The value of logic and common sense!

Does anyone wonder if BG is perhaps mentally ill? I don't mean a psychopath, but maybe paranoid schizophrenic? I love someone very deeply that has this illness who believes God instructs him to do things. It's very powerful for him, hearing God. (he's hospitalized btw) But if he were on his own, homeless, no medication........

For a new topic,
This is the first I've seen of this MSM post mentioning Logansport.

"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," Riley said.

Several commenters (see fb link) discuss seeing a man with a duffle bag hitchhiking around the area that day.

https://www.wthr.com/article/tips-pour-in-after-suspect-identified-in-delphi-double-homicide

Sorry if it's been discussed, but if IN LE claim to have DN's DNA, despite DN saying he did not give it, is it possible they got DNA from his children who are in CO state custody?

1.) http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

He (Riley) said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene.

"We check DNA on everybody that has been investigated," Riley said. "Every person that we have talked to, we've gotten a DNA swab from."

2.) http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-familial25-2008nov25-story.html (article about familial DNA testing)

(2008) Since then, however, Denver investigators tested their new familial software by running DNA from all unsolved crimes through a local database. Such repositories, often administered by municipal l law enforcement agencies, are not subject to the rules that govern state and federal databases.

Without leaving their desks, investigators used the relatives to trace a handful of suspects.

- edited for formatting issues

LE say that they have his dna. Who do we believe? A homeless man or LE?

The press release was cautioned for the public to ignore the hat, and focus on the facial features, for sure. I can’t figure out for life of me why they put a hipster newsboy hat on the sketch, and then told everyone to ignore it. A lesson learned, maybe?

Here's what I've written about the hat being included in the sketch, though told by LE to ignore: when hair combed, cut, styled different ways the distinctive hairline is obscured at times. This doesn't have to be specifically targeted to any POI, though when all of DN's mugshots are arranged together, you can see no two hairlines are alike and at times a recognizable hairline is visible. Also whoever was seen around the time of the crime may have had another sort of hat, perhaps like BG's which obscures the face, ears, hair even more. Concentrates on the facial features!

Thanks Jax. This is going to be my 'go-to' quote.
Heads up everyone.
I'm going to post this whenever the subject comes up :D
Trouble is that quote is out of date. He became a named POI after that. DN, whose wife KN cannot give him an alibi and says he looks like the sketch. We have to wait till January before we hear any update IMO.

Does anyone wonder if BG is perhaps mentally ill? I don't mean a psychopath, but maybe paranoid schizophrenic? I love someone very deeply that has this illness who believes God instructs him to do things. It's very powerful for him, hearing God. (he's hospitalized btw) But if he were on his own, homeless, no medication........
Heavy THC use can cause that apparently in some young men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke